Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AvengersIQ.gif
EHOH.gif
20210117_094939 (resized).jpg
20210117_094344 (resized).jpg
20210117_094403 (resized).jpg
20210117_094422 (resized).jpg
20210117_091304 (resized).jpg
20210117_091240 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things.gif
Jurassic.gif
Tron.gif
TMNT.gif
TOM.gif
TWD.gif
Star Wars.gif
Spiderman.gif

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 45 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The Metallica cards look so cool. Almost impossible to capture these things in a picture or video. They just look so nice in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am glad you like them!

#52 45 days ago

Rick and Morty 1&2 sold...
Guardians 1 Sold...

Thanks!

#55 43 days ago

I saw the IMDN ones also listed on Ebay for 40.00/make offer. I need a set and was wondering is it easier on you to order them through here, or buy them off Ebay and just make an offer close to 30.00 since that's the price on here. Assume tax is added on here to my cart. Just curious what the better way is

#56 43 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I saw the IMDN ones also listed on Ebay for 40.00/make offer. I need a set and was wondering is it easier on you to order them through here, or buy them off Ebay and just make an offer close to 30.00 since that's the price on here. Assume tax is added on here to my cart. Just curious what the better way is

The cheaper/better way is here.... for sure.... BUT... whatever is easiest for you. And thanks!

#57 43 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The cheaper/better way is here.... for sure.... BUT... whatever is easiest for you. And thanks!

Just ordered them here. Thanks!

#58 43 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Just ordered them here. Thanks!

Got the order... Thank you!

#59 37 days ago

I told animesuperj that I wasn't going to do lightcycles.... Then I came up with this fun color flip and changed my mind. Tron should be ready tomorrow.... TWD is ready today..

#60 37 days ago

Great stuff! Just waiting for you to make some in my collection.

#62 37 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Great stuff! Just waiting for you to make some in my collection.

Thanks! Spiderman and Stranger Things are on my list to be made.

#63 37 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks! Spiderman and Stranger Things are on my list to be made.

Are you staying away from the williams and bally titles?

#64 37 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Are you staying away from the williams and bally titles?

Yes and no.. if it is artwork from the game-yes... I did TOM in a generic manner, and I am working on IJ right now.

If things slow down, I may approach Rick about licensing, but right now, things are really busy.

#66 36 days ago

Got my IMDN cards over the weekend. They look even better in person, really adds a nice touch over those yellow and black Stern paper cards. So glad I got them. To me, they seem a smidgen big. Just don't sit in there as flat as I'd prefer, but it's probably just me, and that's probably how there suppose to be. Thanks again!

20201221_164616 (resized).jpg20201221_164648 (resized).jpg20201221_164705 (resized).jpg20201221_164751 (resized).jpg
#67 36 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got my IMDN cards over the weekend. They look even better in person, really adds a nice touch over those yellow and black Stern paper cards. So glad I got them. To me, they seem a smidgen big. Just don't sit in there as flat as I'd prefer, but it's probably just me, and that's probably how there suppose to be. Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, those look great! They do seem a bit large, but the stiffness/thickness is a large contributor to that (I actually cut them a little shorter than the factory cards). I will say, when they sit perfectly flat, some of the effect is lost, as these are vertically lenticulated, so having a slight bend is actually ideal to make the effect a little more dramatic. If you would like me to cut a set shorter for you, just let me know and I can do that. I wouldn't expect anyone to try and cut these without the right tools, as it is a real bear to do.

#68 36 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Awesome, those look great! They do seem a bit large, but the stiffness/thickness is a large contributor to that (I actually cut them a little shorter than the factory cards). I will say, when they sit perfectly flat, some of the effect is lost, as these are vertically lenticulated, so having a slight bend is actually ideal to make the effect a little more dramatic. If you would like me to cut a set shorter for you, just let me know and I can do that. I wouldn't expect anyone to try and cut these without the right tools, as it is a real bear to do.

Appreciate the offer to cut a set shorter, but I don't want to be sending sets back, shipping another set etc. They will be just fine. Love too much to take them out! Thank You...

#69 36 days ago

I got my lenticular cards in the mail today and pictures don't do these cards justice. The fit on my ACDC is awesome and they really look incredible! Thanks Tim!

I also have cards for Rick and Morty that I'll post pics of as well.

20201222_124616 (resized).jpg20201222_124620 (resized).jpg20201222_124642 (resized).jpg20201222_124657 (resized).jpg

#70 36 days ago

Here's pics of my Rick and Morty cards. The apron design doesn't allow them to lay quite as flat as the Stern apron does but they still look fantastic. I'm really happy with them and its cool to finally have Squanchy incorporated into my game! Thanks Tim!

20201222_124229 (resized).jpg20201222_124237 (resized).jpg20201222_124247 (resized).jpg20201222_124438 (resized).jpg

#71 36 days ago

That AC/DC apron looks crazy... Those cards look like they are floating in there. Glad you like them!

#72 36 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That AC/DC apron looks crazy... Those cards look like they are floating in there. Glad you like them!

That makes me want to put translucent aprons and lenticular cards in all my games. It seriously looks awesome!

#73 36 days ago

I decided to use double sided tape vs. using the apron cutouts so that the cards would lie flatter which gives a better effect. Much better!

20201222_142814 (resized).jpg20201222_142822 (resized).jpg20201222_142828 (resized).jpg20201222_142856 (resized).jpg
#74 35 days ago

I had another customer double side tape his Metallica. I actually like them slotted, as I think the effect is more dramatic. I think a lot of it depends on lighting. These things refract light in all sorts of funky directions, which is also what makes them difficult to photograph. If they have lighting above them, they almost look like they are backlit. You can actually see these differences in some of the photos in my listings.

#75 35 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I had another customer double side tape his Metallica. I actually like them slotted, as I think the effect is more dramatic. I think a lot of it depends on lighting. These things refract light in all sorts of funky directions, which is also what makes them difficult to photograph. If they have lighting above them, they almost look like they are backlit. You can actually see these differences in some of the photos in my listings.

For the record, I stuck with your suggestion and left them installed with corners tucked in... It does enhance the effect. But here's how they look flat.

53487 (resized).jpeg53488 (resized).jpeg53493 (resized).jpeg

#76 35 days ago

I mentioned earlier, that there are two ways you can go with the 3D- Less movement for greater clarity, or more movement for less clarity. On the Stern cards, I go for multiple tight layers, with the creation of depth. On Theatre of Magic I went with less clarity to make the faces float and move. I took a similar approach to Scared Stiff.... Watch the Spider move across the web-

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04629-scared-stiff-lenticular-apron-cards

1 week later
#79 16 days ago

Stern Jurassic Park is next...

Added 14 days ago:

#80 15 days ago

Here’s pics of Indiana Jones. Pics don’t do them justice.

29B1F55D-FB47-4801-9F9D-7CF280C62DFD (resized).jpeg50DFFD80-3DB2-4625-85F1-3D44A3B98D96 (resized).jpeg69B0B2C2-2282-4BF0-A1F0-088534826FC4 (resized).jpeg8AC00B3C-4D2C-4627-A079-3A2B01C29F1D (resized).jpegF8892F94-202F-43E9-93CC-22A6826FB897 (resized).jpeg
#81 15 days ago

JP looks great! Enough demand for some cool No Fear cards?

#82 15 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

JP looks great! Enough demand for some cool No Fear cards?

Thanks! I could probably do No Fear down the road, but I am pretty backlogged in designs. This is just a night time side hobby for me, and with the amount of time it takes to do these, it may be awhile before I get to some of these other designs. I had a couple of weeks of vacation at the end of the year, so I was able to churn out a few more than I would normally get done.

#83 15 days ago

I think I have found a somewhat crude way to show the 3D effect via a 2D screen..... I have found software that will quickly rotate the layers side to side. As it does this, you can see the individual layers with a little depth. It is the closest thing I can get to showing the 3D effect. The only downfall is that it doesn't render all of the different layer effects, so a lot of the shading and font effects are missing and not an accurate representation of the card design.

ACDC.gifDeadpool.gifGOTG.gifIJ.gif
#84 15 days ago

More

Jurassic.gifMaiden.gifMetallica.gifRickMorty.gif
#87 15 days ago

That is awesome, and having your Metallica cards in my game, I can say that it is a very accurate representation of the effect. Well done!

#88 15 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That is awesome, and having your Metallica cards in my game, I can say that it is a very accurate representation of the effect. Well done!

Thanks! I think it is pretty close. The only difference being you don't move your head back and forth so quickly to look at them...

#89 13 days ago

Had to re-upload Jurassic Park to youtube... Updated Link here, and also added to my store now for purchase-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04698-stern-jurassic-park-lenticular-apron-cards

3D Effect Simulated-
Jurassic.gif

#90 13 days ago

Stranger Things is completed and ready as well. This one was super complex with a TON of layers.

Store Link-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04699-stranger-things-lenticular-apron-cards

3D Simulated-
Stranger Things.gif

#91 10 days ago

I received my Jurassic Park cards yesterday and figured I'd show them off. I think they look fantastic in the game and really makes my game feel complete now that I don't have to stare at that ugly yellow pricing any longer. It's too bad that you can't really capture the full effect in photos. Thanks Tim!

20210117_091304 (resized).jpg

20210117_091240 (resized).jpg20210117_094422 (resized).jpg20210117_094403 (resized).jpg20210117_094344 (resized).jpg

20210117_094939 (resized).jpg
#93 2 days ago

These are so cool!
I now have them on several games. Pictures really don't show the 3D and changing image effects.
Thanks Ralph!

#94 2 days ago

Requesting EBD, MB and/or WH20 please!

#95 2 days ago

Requesting Funhouse please!

#96 2 days ago

I appreciate all of the requests, I really do. I have mentioned it a few times in this thread, but will one more time... With copyright enforcement, there is a real fine line with which cards I make. Bally/Williams only get made if I can make them without using Williams images.

This may change down the road, if I work out something with Rick, but for right now, I am barely keeping up with the demand from the current sets I offer.

I really appreciate all of the kind words!

#98 1 day ago

I missed this thread before - but these look cool! I just placed an order for IMDN and TWD because I still have the ugly yellow signs for those. If I like them, I might come back for Avengers and/or MET, but I have color cards in there already so we'll see. Thanks, looking forward to it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Sale Pending!
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside