Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Stern Make Ghostbusters Pinball”

• Yes 121 votes
      77%
    • No 37 votes
      23%

(158 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_1771277_387717 (resized).png
    IMG_0190-539.jpg
    gb_01.png
    ect2.png
    roflbot.jpg
    tellmee1.png
    library.png
    260987.gif
    ecto.png
    ghostbusters-ghost-trap-usb-7.gif
    stay2.jpg
    pk_01.jpg
    gb_01.png
    harold-ramis-rip.jpg
    10511504_681333751920629_6057314350419305016_o.jpg
    pppin-932.jpg
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think JJP is the only company out of those 3 that would do the theme justice. Lots of toys, features and deep code would come with it. Also I much rather have clips from the films on an LCD then DMD dots. At this point though I would be happy if any company made a GB pin, lol. I'm sure Stern would do a good job too.

I totally agree with you but a 3-5 year wait is not for me

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Drop target is genius - Star Gazer you should be designing pinballs. Now if it gave you an actual electric buzz when men played and no buzz for hot women

It wouldn't have to give you an actual shock. Years ago, when Dave and Busters first opened they had an electric chair. You'd start it up and the "voltage" would increase. It was actually just vibrating really hard, but it gave a similar sensation. You could have a buzz like that attached to the flipper buttons. Gives you a little scare, but even malfunctioning couldn't injure someone with a pace maker, etc. lol

#103 9 years ago

Should the Ghostbusters Pinball also include scenes from the second movie? What are the thoughts about that film?

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Should the Ghostbusters Pinball also include scenes from the second movie? What are the thoughts about that film?

It should, it's apart of the culture even tho some people disliked it. Lets see it Star_Gazer, what is your idea?

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

I grew up watching both back to back (I'm 26) I see them both as equals. I know a lot of people hated the second one but I can't see why personally.

#106 9 years ago

MAYBE the second one wasn't as good as the first one, but it's still an awesome movie, include it. The river of slime comes to mind as something that could be incorporated to a pin as a ramp or something, the ghost train...the convicts that pop out in the court room... Tons of great material there too.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from rustybomber79:

MAYBE the second one wasn't as good as the first one, but it's still an awesome movie, include it. The river of slime comes to mind as something that could be incorporated to a pin as a ramp or something, the ghost train...the convicts that pop out in the court room... Tons of great material there too.

Good call. Sub playfield with a river of slime decal on a treadmill type set up under a sheet of acryllic. Have it move slow and it would make it difficult to gauge how fast the ball was going!

#108 9 years ago

Ooo! I like it.

#109 9 years ago

Personally there's so much original and classic stuff going on in the first movie, when i think of the second movie...it's....well... but i like the train and that freak coming out of the painting frame..

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

I enjoy gb2

(One of the videos is in a different language the scene where yanosh has lights in his eyes in the red lit room I couldn't find a English one but you get the point)

#111 9 years ago

Oke, oke! gonna watch it again!

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Oke, oke! gonna watch it again!

It's not as good as the first movie but IMHO it does have some good jokes and some memorable scenes
    I will be glad to see what you got up your sleeve for the second movie
    (Headlamp yanosh and nanny yanosh snatching oscor always come to mind as being the creepy scenes in the movie as well as the scenes where ray gets possessed by Vigo

#113 9 years ago

haha. I just watched both on netflix this weekend

#114 9 years ago

"Oh, that's the just the JJP manufacturing warehouse...but nothing ever happens in there."

"What. a. crime."

Sorry JJP fans, low hanging Ghostbusters fruit.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I totally agree with you but a 3-5 year wait is not for me

To be fair the first game took so long because the company started from scratch. No vendors, no parts designed, no platform and thousand other things we don't even think of. Game 2 is taking less time thankfully. They are getting better and improving.

Like I said I just hope one manufacture makes a Ghostbusters pin as it has huge potential. If done right it would be a big seller.

Just think of the firehouse in the center of the playfield artwork. Each window on it could be an insert representing 1 of a number of missions.

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Here i am, check out my latest idea..

tellmee1.png 232 KB

another sweet idea, well done

#118 9 years ago

OT for Lego lovers. Lego just announced the Lego Batman Tumbler; 1,869 pieces and due out September 1. Looks amazing. $200

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

OT for Lego lovers. Lego just announced the Lego Batman Tumbler; 1,869 pieces and due out September 1. Looks amazing. $200

Saw that, I'm in for sure. It's a UCS set, i've enjoyed those.

#120 9 years ago

So many great quotes they could use.

Dr Ray Stantz: [after Ray thinks of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and it appears, stomping through New York City] I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft.= Multiball
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Nice thinking, Ray.

Or the Gozer scene when she asks are you a god.

when someone asks you if you're a Pinball god, you say "YES"!
    All right! This chick is TOAST Multiball!

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from sillyoldelf:

So many great quotes they could use.
    Dr Ray Stantz: [after Ray thinks of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and it appears, stomping through New York City] I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft.= Multiball
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Nice thinking, Ray.
    Or the Gozer scene when she asks are you a god.
    when someone asks you if you're a Pinball god, you say "YES"!
    All right! This chick is TOAST Multiball!

Venkman: Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.

#122 9 years ago

I played the GB slot machine and it had the card game in it too....this pin would be sweet.

#123 9 years ago

and...finally the ecto-1! think this could work (the rail is inside the car btw) what do you guys think?

ect2.pngect2.png

#124 9 years ago

I really like that one. What about Slimer eating the ball, like TRex in JP but even more awesome

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

What about Slimer eating the ball, like TRex in JP but even more awesome

well check out the other ideas on this topic! did not use slimer but marshmallow man instead!

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

well check out the other ideas on this topic! did not use slimer but marshmallow man instead!

Yes! the Slimer Kickback in one of your first photos is exactly what I was talking about. I guess I need to come to Amsterdam and we team up on a brand new boutique pin.

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

and...finally the ecto-1! think this could work (the rail is inside the car btw) what do you guys think?

Holy cow. That style is identical to my Spaceball One I've designed for Spaceballs. The only difference being I have a motorized 3 bank in front of the entrance.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

3 bank in front of the entrance.

Nice! (problem was: you want to see the front of the vehicle, so you have to do something like this, right?) with ecto-1 fuel stickers instead of stardust fuel this could work also! (any work in progress Spaceball images available?)

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Nice! (problem was: you want to see the front of the vehicle, so you have to do something like this, right?) with ecto-1 fuel stickers instead of stardust fuel this could work also! (any work in progress Spaceball images available?)

The 3-bank is actually right under the nose of spaceball one, it blocks the entrance when it is up. The bottom half of the clamshell on the front of the ship is removed from my model, if you can picture that.

Don't have any pictures yet, I haven't taken it past my horrible sketches and 3D modeling. Your sketches are fantastic.

#130 9 years ago

Star_Gazer, are you a secret agent working on DP's follow up to TBL?! You've got 30 pre-orders on this thread alone!

#131 9 years ago

I would be all over a Ghostbusters pinball machine. I would get the money necessary.

#132 9 years ago

Everybody loves a mini-playfield right? but don't cross the beams...first sketch of the playfield.

gb_01.pnggb_01.png
    #133 9 years ago

Some very cool concepts here. GB is one of my favorite themes of all time so I'd definitely want to see a pin happen!

Slightly off topic, but here's a pic of a proton pack I built from scratch a few years ago. It proudly hangs on the wall in my office.

IMG_0190-539.jpgIMG_0190-539.jpg

The four red rotating cyclotron (red) lights seem like a cool effect for playfield inserts. I envision the proton pack startup sound when you go into "busting mode"

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Everybody loves a mini-playfield right? but don't cross the beams...first sketch of the playfield.

gb_01.png 256 KB

Does that sewer manhole cover come up during points on the gameplay?

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

but don't cross the beams

'The streeaaams... cross the streams.' Seriously though, good stuff there.

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Does that sewer manhole cover come up during points on the gameplay?

Yeah, it works as a hat for Slimer...like the ringmaster i guess.

#137 9 years ago

cool idea with the ecto, big thumbs up

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from Farb:

but here's a pic of a proton pack

That's awesome, would you sell it? i recently bought the ecto-1 elite, pretty awesome!

#139 9 years ago

maybe the centre ramp has a 3rd diverter that goes straight into the ghost catcher which sits dead centre at the top that collect a / balls to activate a mini playfield which sits just below as a sub playfield. That will give you real estate to have maybe have slimer or another ghost to the top lhs.

love the ideas

Stern would be made not to go with some of your concepts star_gazer

#140 9 years ago

another idea - would be cool if when ghost is spelt it would release a green ball popping out of the sewer for a 4 + green ball multiball (ghost buster catching mode) but not be affected by magnets ??? and when it drains it could be checked by a proxy sensor and could be diverted back to sewer under the playfield and possibly be re-released until all 4 silver balls are drained and the idea would to shoot the green ball into the ghost catcher. The longer the green ball stays out the more points you slowly lose. If a silver ball goes into the ghost catcher it is checked by another proxy and put back into play. There could be a number of ghost inserts indicating the various ghosts / villains to catch.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Stern would be made not to go with some of your concepts star_gazer

Hope they will give me some credit, would be nice! I just wonder, why in those days the Ghostbuster pinball was never made, guess legal and contract issues..they made the Bonebusters, anyone played that machine?

#142 9 years ago

Nooooo!!!!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/02/paul-feig-ghostbusters_n_5644486.html

For those who don't want to click the link, think Bridesmaids with proton packs.

#143 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Nooooo!!!!
    For those who don't want to click the link, think Bridesmaids with proton packs.

Oh no.....NOOOOOOOOOOOO

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Nooooo!!!!

Well if that happens I'm not watching it

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would have to find a way to get an LE for this one.
    Brian

I'd want drop downs for Spores, Molds and Fungus (sic).

2 weeks later
    #146 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

I'd want drop downs for Spores, Molds and Fungus (sic).

What about gate keeper and key master premium editions

1 month later
    #147 9 years ago

It should have a lower and upper mini playfield like Haunted House. With Video Game modes galore. Lots of shiny flashing toys and ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the one liners you can handle

#148 9 years ago

Seriously good ideas here- Any chance this actually would get picked up and a game really made?

The art work and thought on the designs here is outstanding!

2 weeks later
    #149 9 years ago

Well Farsight Studios got the premiere...digitally.

#150 9 years ago

Even though I don't like the digital table on Pinball Arcade is proves that any pinball manufacturer can get the Ghostbusters license for a real pin. My fingers are crossed that someone will make a real GB machine. There's a ton of possibilities and I think if done right a lot of machines would be sold.

I think we can all agree that if a real GB is done it needs a sweet Ecto 1 beacon topper

Personally I'm hoping that JJP does Ghostbusters and has Keith Johnson make an epic deep story based rule set for it.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lego-ghostbusters-sold-out-come-on-stern-make-the-30th-anniversary-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.