Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Stern Make Ghostbusters Pinball”

• Yes 121 votes
      77%
    • No 37 votes
      23%

(158 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_1771277_387717 (resized).png
    IMG_0190-539.jpg
    gb_01.png
    ect2.png
    roflbot.jpg
    tellmee1.png
    library.png
    260987.gif
    ecto.png
    ghostbusters-ghost-trap-usb-7.gif
    stay2.jpg
    pk_01.jpg
    gb_01.png
    harold-ramis-rip.jpg
    10511504_681333751920629_6057314350419305016_o.jpg
    pppin-932.jpg
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Worked out some ideas! Should not be to hard to make a awesome pinball out of this..

I like your ideas and drawings! The firehouse could have a wire-ramp going through it, and a VUK to that same or another wire-ramp (a little bit like in Dirty Harry).

#52 9 years ago

pops can be ghosts but when you hit them your score goes down...

#53 9 years ago

Love the ideas! So Stern make it so!

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

I like your ideas and drawings! The firehouse could have a wire-ramp going through it, and a VUK to that same or another wire-ramp (a little bit like in Dirty Harry).

Yeah, or maybe something like te lock sytem of f14 tomcat..

#55 9 years ago

how about a topper that sprays you with slime if you drain all balls during a multiball?

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Worked out some ideas! Should not be to hard to make a awesome pinball out of this..

Your drawings are awesome!

#57 9 years ago

Awesome drawings !!! Hope someone at Stern notice all this.

#58 9 years ago

Something like this? A PK-meter flipper, lights up when a "Ghost-bonus" is in the neighbourhood!

pk_01.jpgpk_01.jpg

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Something like this?

pk_01.jpg 16 KB

very cool

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Something like this? A PK-meter flipper, lights up when a "Ghost-bonus" is in the neighbourhood!

pk_01.jpg 16 KB

That's awesome. Very cool.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

gb_01.png 758 KB

Stern! Look at these amazing ideas and please make this game a reality

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern! Look at these amazing ideas and please make this game a reality

I think it is too early to talk about their next game yet but I think Dutch Pinball would do a better job and history has shown that they listen to Pinside requests for titles. Maybe we should start a virtual Ghostbusters pre-order like RGR did for The BIg Lebowski.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I think it is too early to talk about their next game yet but I think Dutch Pinball would do a better job and history has shown that they listen to Pinside requests for titles. Maybe we should start a virtual Ghostbusters pre-order like RGR did for The Big Lebowski.

Good idea. If Stern doesn't already have the license locked up it would be a good fit for them or JJP. I'm just hoping someone does it at this point.

#64 9 years ago

Meanwhile i will make some more sketches...any cool are welcome! (what should we do with the Ecto?) start thinking of designing a playfield just for the fun, maybe with some more ideas it will be awesome! And companies like Dutch Pinball, Stern or else are gonna make one!

stay2.jpgstay2.jpg
    #65 9 years ago

They are really good. I always thought Mr Stay Puft might stamp on the balls ala Metallica hammer - that's what he does in the movies - if they could make his face change from smiley to evil when he stamps on balls that would be a winner

#66 9 years ago

Love the flipper design by the way - that's something new and novel - instead of bulbs though it could just be a light strip that fills up - when they are full it could award something - like two ball mode and you have to use them to trap the ghost.

So I guess for ball traps - there should be a ghost trap - lock three balls to start multiball

ghostbusters-ghost-trap-usb-7.gifghostbusters-ghost-trap-usb-7.gif
    #67 9 years ago

what if Mr Stay Puft was in the back left corner and the ghostbuster building in the right corner and part of a ramp system (left side access) - when he lifts his right arm, he lifts a ramp section to a higher ramp that leads to the top of the ghostbuster building / mini playfield

#68 9 years ago

Sound cool, like a lane-change right?

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Sound cool, like a lane-change right?

yeah sort of but like say the lhs creature ramp which diverts the ball to one ramp and then to a different ramp but that is only available during the multiball. This could be for certain features and the ball could travel along the arm of Mr Puft sort like the amy ramp on Congo.

#70 9 years ago

Or maybe you could have building in middle with the two dogs either side - gate keeper and key master with lane changer or fish tales type ramp - so you have to shoot the dogs number of times to call forth Gozer

#71 9 years ago

These drawings are awesome man...you really should make this a go.

#72 9 years ago

Shall we start pre-orders

#73 9 years ago

Yes to Ghostbusters Pin... No to Stern.

#74 9 years ago

I feel like artwork should be discussed more. I would hate to see the usual horrible photoshop art.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I feel like artwork should be discussed more. I would hate to see the usual horrible photoshop art.

Something like this?, a quick sketch of the backglass...(and thanks for the compliments, keeps me going! )

ecto.pngecto.png

#76 9 years ago

#77 9 years ago

Star_Gazer, your sketches are really good. Great ideas.

#78 9 years ago

nice work Star_Gazer keep it coming….

maybe on the playfield between the slings could be the ghostbuster logo with inserts in it that signify missions

also maybe a green perspex panel in the playfield that is rectangular that holds the ghosts and they fight inside the ghost buster catcher thing

260987.gif260987.gif

and 2 mini flippers and a mini playfield like on family guy with targets and if "escape" can be spelled out in a certain time frame - escape multiball starts on the main playfield.

also with the ghost buster house if it was in the back centre it could rotate 180 degrees to be a inside scene with a different challenge.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

and a mini playfield like on Family Guy

Hmm, maybe like the old c64 game, where you had to catch a ghost with 2 beams (mini playfield with 2 flippers and a lock on top, to catch the ghost..)

#80 9 years ago

This is one of my top themes I would do almost anything to make sure I could buy the game. Love your ideas!!

#81 9 years ago

Had to post it here. Some amazing ideas here.

Why no Ghostbusters?

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Had to post it here. Some amazing ideas here.
    Why no Ghostbusters?
    » YouTube video

Awesome, laught my flips off!

#83 9 years ago

Great art concept - think Stern should hire you Star_Gazer

#84 9 years ago

Build it Star Gazer! I'll buy an LE for sure.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Something like this?, a quick sketch of the backglass...(and thanks for the compliments, keeps me going! )

ecto.png 1.3 MB

Yep, that's about what it needs. Not copy and paste from the movie screen stills, like Stern usually does. (Sorry stern lovers but you know its true and that it is the lazy mans method)

#86 9 years ago

"There is no pinball only Zuul"
    Now let's run some red lights

Btw "Savin the day" by the alessi brothers is the best song from ghostbusters IMHO

#87 9 years ago

Sorry but a Doctor Who 50th is more deserving and would sell better.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Sorry but a Doctor Who 50th is more deserving and would sell better.

Dr Who would sell better than Ghostbusters? Seriously?

#89 9 years ago

library.pnglibrary.png

This scene creeped my out the most, so this must be in there!

#90 9 years ago

Just placed an eBay order for the Xbox 360 game. Hope the movie gets made into a pin. Great ideas in this thread.

#91 9 years ago

another cool idea, your sketches are very effective.

are you hand drawing them or using one of those computer sketch pads?

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Just placed an eBay order for the Xbox 360 game. Hope the movie gets made into a pin. Great ideas in this thread.

This thread inspired me to get the PS3 version. It is pretty good fun

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

another cool idea, your sketches are very effective.
    are you hand drawing them or using one of those computer sketch pads?

I use a Wacom tablet. so it's hand drawn on the pc, best of both worlds.

#94 9 years ago

Pinball company's I HOPE YOUR WATCHING THIS THREAD

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Pinball company's I HOPE YOUR WATCHING THIS THREAD

totally agree - I would love a GB pin.

where are you Star_Gazer, we need more sketches

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

totally agree - I would love a GB pin.
    where are you Star_Gazer, we need more sketches

Maybe Skit-B , heighway pinball or Stern As long as it's not JJP

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

where are you Star_Gazer

Here i am, check out my latest idea..

tellmee1.pngtellmee1.png
    #98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Maybe Skit-B , heighway pinball or Stern As long as it's not JJP

I think JJP is the only company out of those 3 that would do the theme justice. Lots of toys, features and deep code would come with it. Also I much rather have clips from the films on an LCD then DMD dots. At this point though I would be happy if any company made a GB pin, lol. I'm sure Stern would do a good job too.

#99 9 years ago

Drop target is genius - Star Gazer you should be designing pinballs. Now if it gave you an actual electric buzz when men played and no buzz for hot women

#100 9 years ago

LOL that would be great but of course would never happen. But I could imagine a brief shaker motor buzz

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lego-ghostbusters-sold-out-come-on-stern-make-the-30th-anniversary-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.