Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Stern Make Ghostbusters Pinball”

• Yes 121 votes
      77%
    • No 37 votes
      23%

(158 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_1771277_387717 (resized).png
    IMG_0190-539.jpg
    gb_01.png
    ect2.png
    roflbot.jpg
    tellmee1.png
    library.png
    260987.gif
    ecto.png
    ghostbusters-ghost-trap-usb-7.gif
    stay2.jpg
    pk_01.jpg
    gb_01.png
    harold-ramis-rip.jpg
    10511504_681333751920629_6057314350419305016_o.jpg
    pppin-932.jpg

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

ghost.jpgghost.jpg
    Who ya gonna call? LEGO® Ghostbusters™!

Celebrate 30 years of ghost-busting action with the iconic Ghostbusters™ Ecto-1 car! Selected by LEGO® Ideas members (formerly known as CUUSOO), this fun and iconic vehicle from the blockbuster ‘80s movie is fully loaded with all the paranormal detection equipment needed to track down those ghastly ghosts. It also features cool Ghostbusters™ logo decoration, removable roof, tracking computer and seats for 3 minifigures. This unique set also includes a fascinating booklet containing building instructions, selected images and behind-the-scenes details about the classic Ghostbusters™ movie.

If Lego thinks it's a winner and it is sold out in our local lego and online shop, Stern should seriously give this license a look.

The music, the comedy, the history - 30 years on and it is still popular. Come on Stern give us slime multiball, Mr Stay Puft stamping pinballs, PK meters, a giant ecto 1 siren topper and reverse flippers to destroy Gozer the Destructor in wizard mode (cross the streams mode). They could even ship with a free tub of slime factory fresh.

Anybody else in for this?

#2 9 years ago

Rest in peace Harold Ramis!

#3 9 years ago

Love my Ecto 1

#4 9 years ago

totally agree, come on Stern, make it

#5 9 years ago

Ok I'll join the Aussie chorus. Come on, cross the streams Stern!

#6 9 years ago

Just ordered my ecto-1 elite (Yay! ), a Ghostbuster pinball would be such a great match!

#7 9 years ago

Yep, Ghostbusters would be a winner for Stern. Any machine that has had a fan-made custom pin is sure to be a winner.....let's throw the Goonies in there for good measure!

#8 9 years ago

I don't always like comedy in my pinball machines, but this would be the exception. This would be a machine that would draw all ages and women as well. This would no doubt be a monster hit!!

#9 9 years ago

not ghostbusters but a stern LEGO pin

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yep, Ghostbusters would be a winner for Stern. Any machine that has had a fan-made custom pin is sure to be a winner.....let's throw the Goonies in there for good measure!

I would much rather Goonies !!!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Some assembly required.

#12 9 years ago

They should do it and I think they would be leaving money on the table if they didn't. A lot of people that grew up with Ghostbusters are now at the age where they can afford a pinball machine. Also the theme itself is still very popular and has a ton of potential as a pinball machine.

Oh, if there's any of the actors that would be up for doing custom call outs it would be Dan Aykroyd as he still loves Ghostbusters very much and has been trying for years to get a third film made.

#13 9 years ago

I would love to see/hear this machine! I would be in for one!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Lego pin????? Are you serious??? It would sell less than Mustang. Think Ghostbusters!

#15 9 years ago

Ghostbusters Lego Pin would be awesome

#16 9 years ago

LEGO = endless modding

#17 9 years ago

Well if Lego think it's a winner and it is already sold out in their shop, I think it's worth Stern having a good look at it. Just hope their is enough support from pinsiders and they might listen. It would be a perfect platform for Gomez to design.

#18 9 years ago

I'd probably have to consider buying that pin

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yep, Ghostbusters would be a winner for Stern. Any machine that has had a fan-made custom pin is sure to be a winner...

Yup, look at AC/DC and Metallica. Those both existed as custom games before Stern made them and both ended up being huge hits for the company.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, if there's any of the actors that would be up for doing custom call outs it would be Dan Aykroyd as he still loves Ghostbusters very much and has been trying for years to get a third film made.

Whether GB3 ever gets made or not, there's been buzz about it for years and the public is still very interested. GB is Aykroyd's baby and he seems to still be very passionate about the franchise. Could you imagine all the custom 'Ray Stanz' pinball callouts!? I would have to find a way to get an LE for this one.

Brian

#20 9 years ago

I just picked up the Ecto-1 LEGO set in Atlanta while we were at SFGE.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just picked up the Ecto-1 LEGO set in Atlanta while we were at SFGE.

It's a good set. I stumbled upon it in the local Lego store the day the set was released, just happened to wander in, saw it, and had to have it!

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Any machine that has had a fan-made custom pin is sure to be a winner.....

are you sure?

pin1.jpgpin1.jpg
    pin2.jpgpin2.jpg
    pin3.jpgpin3.jpg
    pin4.jpgpin4.jpg
    pin6.pngpin6.png
    pin7.jpgpin7.jpg
    ppin-376.jpgppin-376.jpg
    pppin-932.jpgpppin-932.jpg

#23 9 years ago

To be fair, a few of those were not 'fan made', but made by Data East on special order. The first one looks like it's just a photoshop mockup, too.

#24 9 years ago

Not too long ago they made Ghostbusters video game for Xbox360/PS3 with all the original actors doing the voices. Even some of the smaller actors participated. It was a good game if you haven't played it it's worth checking out, can probably get it for under $10 now. I think Dan A. Wrote the story with the concept that it took place after the 2nd movie.

But the point if they all got together for that it might not be too hard to get them for a pin! How cool would it be to have custom call outs by the real people!

#25 9 years ago

Just noticed your profile pic....I guess you already knew.

#26 9 years ago

Oh yea, I had played that game to death. It was just so well done and so faithful to the film in so many ways. I wasn't even planning on getting it at release until a friend of mine picked it up. Once I heard that score kick in and the performances of the original cast continuing the story written by Aykroyd, I ran straight to Gamestop.

BTW, did you hear Phantasm V is coming out?

#27 9 years ago

The ghostbusters game on 360 was pretty solid, I really enjoyed it.

Definitely worth picking up.

#28 9 years ago

I'd forgotten about the game - yeah that did well and all the team were behind it, so I can imagine getting them on board for a ghostbusters pinball would be possible. Anybody have Dan Aykroyds email address One phone call from him and Stern would build it for sure.

Anybody have a facebook account to post asking if he thought a Ghostbusters pinball would be cool to mark the 30th.

https://www.facebook.com/DanAykroyd

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from sillyoldelf:

... and seats for 3 minifigures.

Winston has to walk? I'm out.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from rustybomber79:

Not too long ago they made Ghostbusters video game for Xbox360/PS3 with all the original actors doing the voices. Even some of the smaller actors participated. It was a good game if you haven't played it it's worth checking out, can probably get it for under $10 now. I think Dan A. Wrote the story with the concept that it took place after the 2nd movie.
    But the point if they all got together for that it might not be too hard to get them for a pin! How cool would it be to have custom call outs by the real people!

I played the Ghostbusters game on the C64

#32 9 years ago

I wouldn't want a lego version but a game based off the movie could be such a hit, checked out the the Ghostbuster Facebook page and 2.2 million facebook fans and they have opened an official shop. This could be the translite.

10511504_681333751920629_6057314350419305016_o.jpg10511504_681333751920629_6057314350419305016_o.jpg

#33 9 years ago

Please tell me instead of extra balls or w/e that skittles machine really pays out a handful of skittles...

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I wouldn't want a lego version but a game based off the movie could be such a hit, checked out the the Ghostbuster Facebook page and 2.2 million facebook fans and they have opened an official shop. This could be the translite.

10511504_681333751920629_6057314... 289 KB

A ghostbusters theme with that type of artwork would be bad ass!

#35 9 years ago

I reckon Donny could do art like this, no photoshop of photos but have that animated look like above

#36 9 years ago

Hand drawn would be nice but I guess they would go photoshop for ease. A giant Mr Stay Puft on the side would be worth the admission price alone

#37 9 years ago

I would buy this in an instant if done properly. A slimer or ecto-1 LE.

#38 9 years ago

Thought more than 40 would be interested. Oh well anybody want to start a new company and build one

#39 9 years ago

Kind of weird that Stern will make pins off bands that haven't been relevant for 20 years, but won't touch classic movies with a ten meter cattle prod.

#40 9 years ago

Yeah. What Ben said. Ghostbusters would be great.

#41 9 years ago

I would go and argue that today Stern does not do any decisions about releasing a pin based on fan demand. Instead the making of a pin by Stern is based solely on movie studio or a car company etc. willing to pay marketing money to Stern in order for Stern to build and release a pin that would support their upcoming movie/brand etc. I would guess that the movie studio etc. is covering quite a part of the building costs and the rest + profit is received from the end-users.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I would much rather Goonies !!!

I'd like to finish mine before this happens, please. lol

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

Please tell me instead of extra balls or w/e that skittles machine really pays out a handful of skittles...

The skittles machine was a re-themed 'Flash'

-Hans

#44 9 years ago

The balls have to be glow in the dark "Slimer green"

#45 9 years ago

i really hope that Stern makes a Ghostbusters pinball machine.

i can already see the "Stay Puft Multiball", and let the machine shake with every step he comes closer.

A "slime" mode when all leds turn green.

Complete all the calls within the time & capture as many ghost as possible to unlock the "Zuul" wizard mode.

Let the player choose a "mission" where he/she can choose wich area to visit (like Star Trek), like "Downtown, Librarie, the sewers, the graveyard,...

A molded "Stay Puft" figure in the top middle to hit and make him stop destroying the city (when Stay Pft Multiball is active) and when complete the requirements (ramps, targets,etc..) you'll win the "a jackpot".

- A Pro "Slimer" version that comes in green.

- A Premium "Stay Puft" version that comes in Blue/White

- A Limited edition 30th anniversary pinball that comes in Red/white with a special Ghostbusters logo.

R.I.P. Harold Ramis, i'm sure you'll get another chance to capture some ghosts !!

harold-ramis-rip.jpgharold-ramis-rip.jpg

#46 9 years ago

Worked out some ideas! Should not be to hard to make a awesome pinball out of this..

gb_01.pnggb_01.png
    #47 9 years ago

Brilliant ideas guys - I love them. Keep them coming. This things practically designing itself.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Worked out some ideas! Should not be to hard to make a awesome pinball out of this..

gb_01.png 758 KB

All of these except the firehouse were things I was dreaming of on my hypothetical Ghostbusters pin.

#49 9 years ago

very cool star gazer, now for the layout ideas and it needs a place for the ecto

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

very cool star gazer, now for the layout ideas and it needs a place for the ecto

Yeah there must be an ecto on there, but thinking of ideas..

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lego-ghostbusters-sold-out-come-on-stern-make-the-30th-anniversary-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.