(Topic ID: 293709)

Legit or not?

By Bigghauss

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

who knows just move on

Agree. Sounds like a scam and a half to me, but even if it's legit, if T2 is the game you gotta have, there has to be one closer you can go check out.

If you bought the game from the eBay listing, you would pay via PayPal, right? So why the switch to Zelle? Too many red flags for me.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Yeah it sounds like he didn’t want to sell with fees.
    I usually just buy from known pinsiders. It’s a pretty solid community so I don’t mind paying by PayPal through family and friends so there are no fees to the seller.

I have no skin in the game, but why not just say that instead of "Then he asked if I could do a Zelle since it was from his personal collection versus a Paypal which would go to his business.". Why would it matter what "collection" the game was from?

Sounds like the game was listed on ebay anyway so the seller was prepared to take PayPal. I don't buy games I can't see and take home right away anyway, so maybe I'm less trusting than most people, but this answer seems pretty sketchy as opposed to just saying "I don't want to pay the fees" or asking the buyer to cover the fees.

And I agree PayPal sucks ass I'm not debating that at all ha.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legit-or-not?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.