(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does the boat do anything ?

There are actually many videos of the core game already on line. AP just took it to production and did many refinements.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

The artwork is really poor. The pf is passable, but that backglass - they need to hire GOOD artists. It's not "Flash" horrible, and it's not photoshopped heads, so there's that. But it is such a mediocre art package. Apparently they know it, too, since you'll notice they didn't post one image of the backglass. It's conspicuous in it's absence.

Such a confusing post. "the backglass is really poor" then "they didn't post one image of the backglass". So you hate nothing? Its on the flyer. Maybe let AP release more then a stamp sized image before crapping on it??

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So real quick I’ve been in pinball for over 21 years now and got to play this today at cointaker’s and ordered my deluxe; I’m so proud of my brother Frank; like a dream to have one of your buddies making a game; I applaud everyone at riot pinball and American pinball as well for giving us the community such an amazing built game and just pure fun at an amazing fair price
If you didn’t get a deluxe yet get one or you will regret it this thing is special more to come

First off congrats to you And your brother. Well done. Second, your brother couldn't get you a deal??? lol

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You ready to make us a few mods?? you have had way to much time off....lets get rolling...HAHA

Honestly really liking this game and vibe. Technically this game has the most design input (Riot and API) so I suspect they hit this one out of the park. Plus with the talented team already in place at AP they added a deeper bullpin of talent so this should take off. Had my order in yesturday so hoping to get busy soon.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Hey, just because your brother's a rock star, that doesnt mean he can just "get you a game."
Hahahaha.

Yeah but maybe his brother Likes him! Lol

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

PinballSTAR Do I need to email you with my receipt -Paypal info of deposit??
Thanks.

Chris prefers payment in singles. He likes to let it rain like a rockstar when he gets home.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Twitch stream of gameplay looks quite fun. The LCD is pretty limited to static drawings. Are there ways to asset swap on the AP platform like others have done to great effect for some stern titles? Seems like it would be a natural to bring in cinematics and such from the new God of War games.

Those are videos from the concept machine Riot pinball made. AP has already said they added video content to further refine the product.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Noted and corrected putting in the word $2k less. Yes, there are some nice custom features and AP makes a good product no doubt. The lack of real IPs is hurting AP imo. Want to see AP do well, because a class act company.
Agreed if comparing high end, then the cosmetic extras are nice, but comparing the high end of Godzilla for example, where are the apples to apples mechs in LOV? Godzilla is flat out loaded with amazing mechs and PF features. Houdini and Octoberfest, loaded with mechs for same money. What happened to LOV mechs and on PF features?
Would definitely think LOV is a far better value than the very low BOM on GNR. It’s mostly only a box of lots of LEDs, pizza spinner, 2 drum sticks and couple of ball locks. GNR is more of an apples to apples comparison to LOV and it wins in gameplay, features, etc at $8600, compared to GNR CE at nearly $5,000.00 more. LOV wins that comparison by a country mile, except GNR back box concert material. Not to mention AP PFs are night and day better than any JJP PF. And AP has an actual warranty, which JJP is too scared to offer any longer, because of such poor quality materials.

Is there a thread or topic you can’t find Some way to spin GnR/JJP hate in? You certainly are committed. Lol

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

$8K+, the least you could have done was use a Resin 3D Printer instead of FDM. The cost isn't even that much higher, yet it would have made the entire package look so much better. I was pretty excited for this game, but as a finished product this still looks like a homebrew.

That is Not an FDM printed part.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Absolutely! Looking forward to their future. Seems they have a good team over there now. Let them build these LOVs so the new team over there can practice getting a low run game off the factory floor. I believe this was a smart decision that they made over there. If you know you can easily sell 500 units of a game that you didn't really have to R&D on and your Staff gets some good practice in, its a good thing all around.

Asking as I really don’t know. Is this actually an API game or simply a contract commission build for Riot? Looks great either way was just curious if anyone knew if they purchased the assets and game from Riot or simply provided the manufacturing and support element.

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I am not, and have never been a “Flipper”. I have only ever bought games that I want to play at home and possibly keep, if I like them enough. When I sell or trade, I am very fair.
The closest I came was when I found a restored WH2O on local CL recently, and I beat others out by jumping on it and showing up with full cash asking price. I put it out as ‘trade bait’, and I FINALLY secured a SW Comic Art Premium for my long-term collection. It was the ONLY way I could get it, and the guy’s family didn’t like SW, and he was happy with the WH2O.
If THAT makes me a ‘Flipper’, then (insert clever dolphin joke here).

Do you have more fun playing a game with a sticker that says 001 vs 9999? Anyone that buys pinball machines is a collector (of stuff) but they are not collectibles. I see more value in a reputable company support then a game number personally.

#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

From the floor games, my opinion was this:
Music is fitting and good.
The gold apron type is impossible to read. Even if you get your eyeballs 1’ from it.
The center shot was really hard to get enough oomph to get up. Annoyingly so.
You get some rattle when you try to hit that loop shot by the octopus and don’t exactly nail it. It’s great when you hit it right and the mag effect is cool.
Drop target to nowhere…meh.
The 3D printed ship doesn’t look the best, kinda chinsy how it fits together.
Floating Throne guy is better is person.. but still not sure I love him.
The hand painting on the 3D printed parts like the shields — just doesn’t look as professional as I would like.
Really hard to hit the upper lanes.. maybe that was just me though.
Mirrored back glass looks badass, really like the art.
Ship lock is cool — had a hard time timing the flip to it though.
Overall though I enjoyed playing it.

Spot on assessment almost the same list I had in my head while playing especially that apron?? I will assume the flippers were dialed back for the show which API does at some shows but still worked without issue. Really fun game and looked much better in person. Did have one game where all the balls were locked and it called out a multiball but only one ball was released? Just kept giving back that one ball. None the less a lot of fun and a great execution from API and Riot.

EBBFAAE9-9EC9-47FC-88C2-B34F684C007A (resized).jpegEBBFAAE9-9EC9-47FC-88C2-B34F684C007A (resized).jpeg
#561 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. I’ll never get why the other companies do this with their flippers.

Appreciate the info on the hammer. Figured I was missing something. Could be many reasons on the flippers, low building power, thousands of continious plays, factory cautious settings for breakage, prototype setup, leveling. From all the API games I have owned (except the early Houdini....) their flippers are on par with most any game out there with pletty of power to set to your liking. Game really played well and was glad I got to order one.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m going to say this wasn’t it. The first thing the EXPO organizers did was make sure the venue had plenty of power.
You never hear about sterns having soggy flippers at shows.

Just throwing that out as my houdini at 119v vs 120v played like a limp noodle.

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. Crazy they wouldn’t make that a high priority. I guess they didn’t.

In fairness they did but long after I gave up and sold the game. Good company the game just needed to long to work the bugs out. Would own a Houdini again with all the known fixes in place.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Supply > demand is the point. Not the case with the other vendors. I think they would have been better off over the long run sticking with the initial plan.

Personally I think they actually hit the right mark as there are still a few to go around with many months wait to give more people a chance to get one. See GZLe and CCrLe as a reference to how buyers can turn on a company when they don’t even get a chance to buy minutes after release. I think API made the right long term choice.

2 weeks later
#640 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Streaming LOV this Saturday 8pm CST twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Any rough idea when these are going to ship? Thanks.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Have they started to ship games to non location customers?

Oddly nobody knows? Only told “games are on the line”. Where they are going is the mystery lol.

1 week later
#673 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It was completely designed and produced by RIOT pinball who made 6 "prototype" games but they have now reached an agreement for American Pinball to produce it. The design team has not changed but they have made / are making some changes for production and are getting input / guidance from the A.P. folks on porting the software to the A.P. platform, etc.

I believe all of these conversions have been done for some time including the software porting. Just parts and legistics issues at this point. They are over 30 games out the door already so as parts arrive the funnel will open.

1 week later
#691 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I'm hoping the standard announcement is delayed for technical reasons( fixing bugs ect..) and not waiting to see how much more pinball prices are being pushed into absolute insanity and hopping on the price increase wagon. I'd really love to own this pin.

Likely not the case and not something you would expect from API. As they already set the bench mark pricing for the Deluxe its highly unlikely they could surpass it....

1 week later
#699 2 years ago

Great as usual and Karl was the typical master. Oddly can't say I have seen a tournament with more malfunctions and issues though. Wonder why they didn't update the code to the newest version?

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Were the problems with LOV?

Did seem like a lot watching the video. Plus some of the scoring which I haven’t seen before. One of Karl’s games he had 17m then just drained the ball and had 32m? Hoping it was just the software update.

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Battle scoring builds until the end of the battle, then you get the points. If you have an instance in question tell me the time code in the video and I’ll review. I have not seen any scoring issues.

That would be great thanks. At exactly the 1 hour mark in the video Karl has 17m end of ball 2 and is allowed a walk off (ball 3) so he simply plunges and end bonus is 857 yet his final score goes up to 32M? He does seem puzzled by the final score but I wasn't sure how that double score was qualified.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok, I figured it out. This is a one time award you get for playing 4 battles. It is based on how well you did in the first 4 battles, but it will be removed in the next update. One of the other display screens has precedence so you don't see the value awarded. We already light an extra ball for playing 4 battles (unless you have extra balls turned off), so it's unnecessary.

Appreciate the inspection. Figured there was a reason and agree with your future edit suggestion. Loving the game so far thanks.

#724 2 years ago

Been enjoying ours for some time. Great game with the solid API build. Worth the wait I am certain everyone will LOVe it!

IMG_0156 (resized).jpgIMG_0156 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#748 2 years ago

Is that advert correct? Thought it was 21.12.30? Or is them to close to Rush?

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I was in a rush to get out the door.
I’m not even supposed to be working today, the factory is closed.
The version v21.12.30

No worries we appreciate All you guys do thanks.

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

got the call to pay. the game is shipping next week.after owning hotwheels and houdini i am psyched

You won’t be disappointed. Won’t say it’s API’s best as that’s selective but this game shoots great. All shots are clear and the modes progress well throughout the game. Congrats.

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Patiently waiting for my game, in the meantime does anyone care to comment on the new code? Seems like they are hard at work adding polish and squashing bugs.

Seems like mostly polish to some mode setting etc but overall really good. Will say team API is always on top of issues and software feedback. Probably had the game a month or so and they have had 3-4 updates already. Rather impressive. Had one Minor issue with lighting and they jumped all over it and knew exactly which plug came loose (likely when I moved the game). I have found LOV to be that one more game pin. Not as easy as it looks but if you get into a rhythm and pay attention to the mode strategy it’s a very deep game. My high scores average around 60 million but I’m fair at best. Mastering the mode start shots (3) is a key to this game. Really a well done game.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty reliable backhand shot to start a mode under the upper flipper.

Thanks. Have to give that a try.

#769 2 years ago

NOT a complaint just a curiosity as I am already loving the game as is. Do you or API intend to add any animations to the game or just polish refinement from this point?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.