(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago

Odin is cast, hand painted and backlit by an led.

Quoted from Twister:

The gate to Valhalla is lighted. Looks like resin. Odin is not lighted

#178 2 years ago

Just a note: The recommended pitch of the game is 7.there should be a setup card in the game.Way more fun at this pitch. Thanks for your comments!

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Played a few games on this last night!
Shoots really nice. Skill shot off the upper flipper is great.
Locking the balls in the viking ship is fun.
The rear legs on this machine cranked all the way down so making the center ramp was difficult, I had a lot of balls come back down at me. I'm sure with the right setup this shots even better. The Game is really nice and it's loaded, I can’t wait to play it again at Expo.
The figurine at the center/top of the playfield looks fine in person, it does not look cheap and fits the theme and the machine nicely. They did however use a flat plastic character on the game, over the left ramp, instead of a figure (like stern does on their pros). IMO that’s kinda cheapy but it looks fine, I guess.
I went to this location to try Godzilla so besides just a few games on this... I mostly played Godzilla.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#230 2 years ago

I think perhaps there will be magazines featuring Legends of Valhalla at EXPO. We were so pleased to see such extensive coverage on our journey. We can't thank Pingame Journal enough. 28 pages!

Quoted from chad:

I did as well. Not sure if it is Expo tie in or what, I have not renewed my subscription to them...

#238 2 years ago

I think AP is going to release the classic specifics today. Layout wise and software wise both models are identical.

Quoted from swampfire:

Eh, the cabinet art is going to be hidden for 90% of us hardcore collectors. If the burning village and the slain woman really bother you, then the whole theme should. You can’t really make Vikings family-friendly.
I hope the Classic doesn’t lose too much, in terms of layout. When will we know the differences between Deluxe and Classic?

#332 2 years ago

I'm sure it will be recorded so you can see it tomorrow.

Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Thank you. Middle of the night over here unfortunately.

#337 2 years ago

You can also play the game in the arcade today. This looks like the closest location to you.

Enterrium, 2 Woodfield Mall Unit A, Schaumburg, IL 60173

Quoted from Jack8765:

Aside from the Dead Flip stream tonight, are there any links to gameplay videos (of the current game) people can share? Sorry if I missed them. Thanks.

1 week later
#592 2 years ago

There is a 2 hour jack danger stream of the game on his dead flip channel recorded a few days before expo.
There was also a 4 hour stream from pinball gallery on the rage tilt pinball channel on the arcade release day the weekend before.

Today starts Midwest gaming classic and there will be 6 (I think) games there fri and sat for play. And the 11 arcades Across the USA that have the game too. So some opportunities to play the game in person.

Quoted from dnapac:

So, does anyone have any video to share from the shows?

#596 2 years ago

LOV is on the production line now. They have games made and will notify distributors when they begin shipping.

Quoted from pinballjj:

i got mixed up by coming to the thread and checking if they have announced pricing for the classic model and ending up
commenting on the side cabinet ., i wouldn't mind one depending on the price but if i have to wait a gazillion years until they start building them 4 or 5 other cool games will come out and i will lose interest.
i have not seen the art up close so maybe smiling is the wrong word "exhilarated" maybe?
if the " hero avenging the death of wife " was the intended theme of the cabinet and part of the backstory for the objective of the game , its not mentioned in the marketing blurbs or referenced anywhere on the playfield - crazy no? ( i do like the woman with the tight bodice on the playfield though, is that the wife pre demise?)

#620 2 years ago

No actually if you complete a battle (defeat the legend) you get a bonus battle to play immediately. If you fail you have to hit the scoop / shooter lane to start the next battle provided no other modes are running.

You are Correct that weapons are needed to enable the last 12 battles (4 are available at start)
2 weapons for 8 battles
5 weapons for 12 battles
9 weapons for all 16 battles

Thor’s hammer and Valkyries are battle helpers too

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You still have to hit one of the mode start shots. The only block to playing certain modes is the number of weapons you’ve collected. The more weapons you have, the more tiers of modes that are available to you.

#622 2 years ago

Right. You will get a message saying "Collect more weapons", so collect more weapons and get back in there!
Now if you play all 16 battles, well then you get to RAGNAROK!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotcha. What if I have exhausted all my available battles? I guess I go back to single ball until I have enough weapons to play more modes?

#624 2 years ago

1) hit the left ramp, it lights a weapon to collect. run over that weapon to collect.
2) get weapons as a mystery award
3) get weapons during War of the Clans mode (if weapons is the designated award)
4) Hands free skill shot awards 1 weapon

Weapons carry over from ball to ball so get them early!

Quoted from NovaCade:

Can weapons only be earned through the weapon shots or are any awarded upon successful completion of a mode?

#628 2 years ago

Ragnarok is a 6 ball multi ball with 57 shots. 3 levels x 19 shots

Health bar would be cool. Will think about it.

Quoted from Twister:

Frank, is RAGNAROK a multiball? Valhalla is a single ball wizard mode?
From what I've seen on the stream, maybe it would be a good idea to add a "health bar" to the battles. I saw it show how many shots there are left but I can't see the progress.

2 weeks later
#648 2 years ago

Yes, warming up to the idea. We'll see

Quoted from brenna98:

I may have bent Frank's ear on this

2 weeks later
#687 2 years ago

Games started shipping last Friday. Perhaps we'll see some unboxings soon....

Quoted from Pmaino:

Have they started to ship games to non location customers?

#693 2 years ago

The focus is on building the 500 Deluxe models and building their other games. Standard pricing and standard model ordering will come later.

Quoted from Brazy:

I'm hoping the standard announcement is delayed for technical reasons( fixing bugs ect..) and not waiting to see how much more pinball prices are being pushed into absolute insanity and hopping on the price increase wagon. I'd really love to own this pin.

1 week later
#701 2 years ago

a few ball tracking issues. noted and will be addressed in an upcoming software update.

Quoted from sulli10:

Were the problems with LOV?

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did seem like a lot watching the video. Plus some of the scoring which I haven’t seen before. One of Karl’s games he had 17m then just drained the ball and had 32m? Hoping it was just the software update.

Battle scoring builds until the end of the battle, then you get the points. If you have an instance in question tell me the time code in the video and I’ll review. I have not seen any scoring issues.

#705 2 years ago

Wow that's weird. Have to check the logs on that one, thanks!

Quoted from Yelobird:

That would be great thanks. At exactly the 1 hour mark in the video Karl has 17m end of ball 2 and is allowed a walk off (ball 3) so he simply plunges and end bonus is 857 yet his final score goes up to 32M? He does seem puzzled by the final score but I wasn't sure how that double score was qualified.

#706 2 years ago

ok, I figured it out. This is a one time award you get for playing 4 battles. It is based on how well you did in the first 4 battles, but it will be removed in the next update. One of the other display screens has precedence so you don't see the value awarded. We already light an extra ball for playing 4 battles (unless you have extra balls turned off), so it's unnecessary.

Quoted from Yelobird:

That would be great thanks. At exactly the 1 hour mark in the video Karl has 17m end of ball 2 and is allowed a walk off (ball 3) so he simply plunges and end bonus is 857 yet his final score goes up to 32M? He does seem puzzled by the final score but I wasn't sure how that double score was qualified.

#711 2 years ago

Support is working through the issues with the games at that site. These were early games for the arcade rollout without the ship bushing which is now factory installed. There is also newer software than they were running which resolves some of the issues they had. It was very unusual that they had to reboot the working game, this is not normal at all. They did what they could to keep the tournament going, so cool heads prevailed.

Quoted from RYE_:

I only saw the last 4-5 games. In one semi-final round game the LOV lost track of balls. Player 1 ended up getting a 4X multiplier that should have been a 3X. Immediately following his drain, Player 2 got a 4X multiball that should have been a 3X. Luckily, the game was close at that point: 10M to 11M. So it was decided that they'd just reboot to a do-over. Karl attributed it to a "software memory leak." Who knows. But in any event, they rebooted the machine after each match thereafter and it worked fine after that.
I think they also mentioned that there were two LOVs for the tournament and the first one went down with a mechanical problem they couldn't fix. I might be wrong about that it was sort of a recap comment hours into the tournament.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Anyone have the list of the Two Steps From Hell tracks/songs used in the game?

All is Hell that ends well
Archangel
Area 51
Atlas NC
Black Blade NC
Cannibal
Countdown to Affinity
Dark Ages
Destructo
Dunecraft
End if the beginning
Fight the Machine
Fire Nation
Gods in the Cloud
He who brings the night
Invincible NC
Iron Soul
Iron Heart NC
Master of Shadows
Otherworld
Strength of a Thousand Men
Titan Dune NC
Velocitron

#720 2 years ago

I know a bunch of games shipped the past 2 weeks. I didn't see any pics!

#722 2 years ago

Your distributor will contact you when your game is ready for delivery/final payment. I believe all games go to the distributors. The factory is making/shipping them as fast as they can.

Quoted from Yokimato:

I've been waiting for mine... sounds like they're a ways behind what they were originally thinking? Will post when I get it if no one else has, but considering I've got no date, that could be a while. Excited to flip this though when it arrives!

#726 2 years ago

Oh cool, thanks for the update. Hope you get it soon!

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My distributor (Maine Home Recreation) said the game would ship to me directly from AP.

#736 2 years ago

Great to hear you have your game and are enjoying it. We have basic games rules in the manual on chapter 5. Any questions just ask!
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-11/Rampage-Manual-10-19-2021.pdf

Quoted from tripp:

I only ordered the game six weeks ago as it snuck up on my radar, but I think that the reason that AP made the deal with riot pinball to manufacture the game is that has an amazing layout and really thought out rules. At this point I could really use a spelled out rule sheet as I'm still trying to figure everything out, but there are so many modes and shots that it will keep most players entertained for a ton of games. So far, it's just really fun to play and very challenging.

#741 2 years ago

ok, here are a few tips to get you started:
----------------------------------------------
Weapons - always collect weapons as soon as possible (shoot left ramp to uncover a weapon, then run over the weapon shot to collect it - turquoise inserts).Weapons open up more battles to play (at start you can only play 4 of the 16 the rest are locked).
Thors Hammer - charge up Thors hammer by hitting the spinner. When its fully charged (see display %), it acts as a smart bomb during battles.
Valkyries - every 5 combos summons a Valkyrie to help you. See helmet on display. Use a valkyrie during battle to take 1 shot way.
Mystery Awards - these are very generous (hit the Berzerker drop target to spell his name and light a mystery award at the scoop)
Big points! - battles bring big points (also can stack with ship multiballs), Escape the Kraken(under ship mini loops), Conquest (8 viking qualifies -instant info)
Extra balls - play 4 battles for an extra ball at scoop, Escape the Kraken lights an extra ball too at scoop.

Quoted from ttown:

I picked up mine along with Tripp down at Next Level in Oregon. Everyone at my house loves it. Its a challenging game but still rewarding at the same time. It was defiantly worth the wait and upgrade. I have owned many unique pins and this one is right up there. Its has a different feel compared to my other pins, tons of shots and so many call outs. I am still trying to figure it out since my daughter has the high score at our house. ... Send me some tips!!
Just need to get better at pinball I guess. This was one of the first games I have purchased that I had never seen or played in person. Nice work AP you created a great one!!

1 week later
#768 2 years ago

I worked on this and you'll have every callout available in the legend battles in the next update. There are 5-10 callouts in each battle depending (since some are grunts and wails, etc) with over 500 callouts in the game. Thanks for your suggestions.

Quoted from bemmett:

Loving mine so far, really fun to shoot. I hope a lot more callouts and maybe animations for the battle modes. They seem kind of stale and usually only one static image and/or callout for each, usually when you start and if you finish or drain. Would be my only request so far, otherwise having a blast with it.

#770 2 years ago

I have used every frame of artwork/animation that designer Scott Gullicks created in this game. We feel it tells the story with enough imagery to convery our intent. I will be focusing on gameplay, rules, sound, lighting and fixes.

Quoted from Yelobird:

NOT a complaint just a curiosity as I am already loving the game as is. Do you or API intend to add any animations to the game or just polish refinement from this point?

#772 2 years ago

Thanks for reporting it. The final score was correct but the Tyr Champ calculation was off. This issue is corrected in the next update.

Quoted from cyphr:

luvthatapex2 I couldn't find an official place to report bugs so I just thought I would let you know here. I am using the latest code update released on 12/31/21 and am using the home settings. I started a legend battle against Tyre which as you know is a 2 ball multi ball. During this battle I locked my third ball in the ship to bring a War at Sea multi-ball into the battle. Once my game was complete it asked for my initials because I was the Tyre champ with 29 Million points, however my total points for the game was only 15 million. So given that 29 Million > 15 Million, either the Tyre score was not added to the total score, or the Tyre score was not actually 29 Million. P.S. this game rules!

#779 2 years ago

You'll be happy to know we have a Berzerker Rage mode in the game, but its just called Rage! Tough mode to get, and a 6 ball multiball. You have to destroy 4 villages. Each wave is a different color of shots. The villages are those from Nordic history - BERGEN, KUNGAHALLA, NIDAROS and TRONDHEIM.

Quoted from RikV:

Just something to pass the time while I wait for my game to ship…
I just watched an episode of The Agents of SHIELD called Berserker Staff and it reminded me of LOV and the incorporation of the Berserker drop target. Not only was the episode a cool tie-in to LOV but showed a sign in Norwegian that displayed our family name. I also found this description of Berserker: the Berserker Rage is an ability that evokes strength and stamina, utilized by such characters as Thor and Wolverine.
Anyway, hope that Berserker Rage is featured prominently in the game!

#781 2 years ago

Anybody get their game in January? Come on guys, lets see some new pics of your game

#788 2 years ago

Looks like they are streaming LOV today at Bang Back Pinball Lounge in SC.
https://www.twitch.tv/bangbackpinball

#790 2 years ago

Stream from last night at Bang Back Pinball arcade 6.5 hours!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1263840952

#793 2 years ago

You can increase the pulse on the scoop from service menu to shoot ball to the right flipper or decrease to shoot it to the left. Sdtm is totally avoidable

I have a 4 sec scoop ballsave option you can turn on too (disabled by default).

Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Anyone have any problems with the left scoop shooting SDTM? Looks like it should feed to the right flipper. Going to pull up the play field this week to take a look for adjustments opportunities, but thought I ask since I am not seeing any key posts on the subject

#811 2 years ago

I'd like to hear of your play strategies. I know mine, but it would be fun to hear some of yours! Discuss!

Quoted from RikV:

Excellent update. I expect to see some unboxings here the next few weeks; In the meantime how about posting some scores? Keep the hype alive!

2 weeks later
#836 2 years ago

According to pinside Owners and locations (this list doesn't include people that are not on pinside so there should be more):
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/legends-of-valhalla-ap

Quoted from Pmaino:

Any info on how many have shipped would be great too. Haven't heard anyth

Couldn’t agree more. Has any distro’s given anyone an update on shipping timelines?

#844 2 years ago

International shipments are sent a container at a time so a large number will go in the same load as opposed to domestic shipments that can be sent to individual distributors a few at a time.

Quoted from Pmaino:

Who is your distro?

3 weeks later
#858 2 years ago

Yes, here are the songs in the game:

All is Hell that ends well
Archangel
Area 51
Atlas NC
Black Blade NC
Cannibal
Countdown to Affinity
Dark Ages
Destructo
Dunecraft
End if the beginning
Fight the Machine
Fire Nation
Gods in the Cloud
He who brings the night
Invincible NC
Iron Soul
Iron Heart NC
Master of Shadows
Otherworld
Strength of a Thousand Men
Titan Dune NC
Velocitron

Quoted from JagDaniels:

Great stream again from Daves Arcade... It really is fun to watch how good this game playes. Hopefully the first LOV games getting to germany soon !
In the last stream the music was loud enough to hear it really well, this is absolutely perfect by two steps from hell.
Is there a sound list available ?

#860 2 years ago

Exciting! Thanks for the pics!

Quoted from dnapac:

Back from vacation and this showed up today!

#864 2 years ago

Increase the pitch to 7. The shipping paper is incorrect. 6.5 is for the other AP games, this one was plays best at that pitch.

Quoted from dnapac:

Couple things. The glass is ultra tight…almost can’t get it on and off. Game is perfectly leveled and set to 6.5 pitch. Lockbar fits fine…but afraid I’ll break the glass getting it on and off. Seems to bind around the halfway point.
The other is the topper. They included 3 screws to attach to the head…but no predrilled holes. Nope, not gonna drill or screw into the top of the head…there a speaker making it a blind job and afraid to get into something I shouldn’t. Velcro worked fine. There was no instruction as to where to plug it in. Yes, it seemed obvious where to, and I did, but was still afraid of damaging something if I had hooked it to the wrong power source.

#865 2 years ago

When service menu clears you can press the start button. It only takes a few seconds. This is normal.

Quoted from dnapac:

One weird issue I’ve run into. The start button wasn’t working. So I went into the service menu and did a switch test. It responded just fine. If I exit the service menu and close the door before it is truly out of the service menu, it still won’t work. If I leave the door open until it is truly out of the service menu, the button works and the led flashes. All the connections seem fine. Any ideas. It worked for a few games and then stopped again.

1 month later
5 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.