(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Up the power. I’ll never understand why AP does that with stock power.

The op I talked to said “up the power” doesn’t really work. The coils get hot and weak in short order.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The op I talked to said “up the power” doesn’t really work. The coils get hot and weak in short order.

Then they should do whatever Riot did to power the flippers.

#353 2 years ago

Any way to cool the flipper coils with some sort of fan mod?

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Perhaps PinMonk will have something, but watching this stream, they're playing constant 4-player games and I don't notice any fade. The center ramp can be a bit of a climb, but it was like that at the start of the stream too.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Absolutely. See PinMonk for details.

#356 2 years ago

This is basically Valheim: The Pinball!

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Check your EOS timing. If it's off it can rob power from the coils. Houdini didn't initially have an EOS (option added later), so I'm not sure if this one does or not, though.

But aside from that, you want to have more flipper power, you basically need to have active cooling or upping the power will give you the issue you observed - noodle-y flippers from coil overheat.

Since this is likely a P3ROC, it would use the same Tibetan Breeze kit as a Spooky to cool the flippers. If you want to PM me a picture of the under playfield I can verify if there would be any clearance or fit concerns.

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Houdini didn't initially have an EOS (option added later), so I'm not sure if this one does or not, though.

They said in the steam it does have an EOS.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

They said in the steam it does have an EOS.

Then the EOS gap/timing would be the first thing I'd check.

#360 2 years ago

Love the sounds! Main voice reminds me of old school Moral Combat. This pin is definitely a winner. Dropped my spot for JP Prem for this. Glad I did!

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

We are living in another pinball golden age.

And there was much rejoicing!

#362 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Played it a bit tonight. Really
Like the layout, it’s a fun game and easy to play.
Feels solid, doesn’t have that usual “built in the garage” boutique feel to it.
Center ramp is a problem. Those flippers really aren’t up to the task.

Similar issue they had with Oktoberfest

#363 2 years ago

They also confirmed Bader playfields for anyone interested.

#364 2 years ago

Couldn't hear too well when I briefly checked out stream today. Looks like it shoots well and is fun. Biggest area for opportunity would be overhaul of LCD presentation and content

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

They also confirmed Bader playfields for anyone interested.

Spooky playfields are second to none. Glad AP uses Bader playfields!

#366 2 years ago

Game looks great, Michael (the tester) blew it up for the section I watched of the stream. The whole package!

#367 2 years ago

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, they listed the items the Classic edition won’t have over the Deluxe. They are basically all cosmetic.

Missing from the Classic -
Odin Statue
Different shield colors on Viking ship
Mirror backglass
Gold reflective apron
Topper
Gold powdered coat side rails
Shaker motor
Anti-reflect glass

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, they listed the items the Classic edition won’t have over the Deluxe. They are basically all cosmetic.
Odin Statue
Mirror backglass
Gold reflective apron
Topper
Shaker motor
Anti-reflect glass

Thanks. Did they finally mention a price for the classic?

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks. Did they finally mention a price for the classic?

Someone did ask that question on the stream. They said ‘soon’.

Likely we’ll get an answer during Expo. Fingers crossed.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Odin Statue
Mirror backglass
Gold reflective apron
Topper
Shaker motor
Anti-reflect glass

And knocker, which sounded like it was going off during certain modes like in Oktoberfest.

#371 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see what ModCouple and other modders pump out for this machine.
So many talented people out there!

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Game looks great, Michael (the tester) blew it up for the section I watched of the stream. The whole package!

For real. I was in and out of the stream, but Michael was holding up against if not out-performing some good players.

#373 2 years ago
734AC67D-90F8-4852-8C4A-9DF78FD4089D (resized).jpeg734AC67D-90F8-4852-8C4A-9DF78FD4089D (resized).jpeg
#374 2 years ago

Damn, Michael played amazing in this round ! He has a unique playstyle and showed the game has a lot of flow ! It was a cool stream with deadflip.
Also amazing that you can shoot directly into the shooterlane.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]

You do know that Norse women were warriors correct?

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

You do know that Norse women were warriors correct?

Don't feed the.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#377 2 years ago

I love American Pinball, I have had over 100 machines and sold everything because of health issues. went to Pintastic a couple of years ago and left with Oktoberfest from cointaker after playing all day. I see everything excessively overpriced in pinball sector. Matchbox was the first real bang for your buck in years. wizard of oz before that (the preorder price) . if the standard model is 6500.00 or less i'm in. I just have to find a dealer in Tallahassee area after moving to florida.

#378 2 years ago

Yeah 6500 is my max for a classic. I think that’s a great price.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

I love American Pinball, I have had over 100 machines and sold everything because of health issues. went to Pintastic a couple of years ago and left with Oktoberfest from cointaker after playing all day. I see everything excessively overpriced in pinball sector. Matchbox was the first real bang for your buck in years. wizard of oz before that (the preorder price) . if the standard model is 6500.00 or less i'm in. I just have to find a dealer in Tallahassee area after moving to florida.

I think your closes one may be St. Augustine.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish it would be that cheap but I'd bet we're kidding ourselves in this market.

#381 2 years ago

Watched the stream last night, the folks were all very enthusiastic, which was great. I personally like the theme and have followed some of the progress when the prototypes were being developed. I've got to admit, I'm not convinced that the prototype -to- production leap made the game better.

First, what is going on with that left ramp u-turn? The ball slows way down, seems unsatisfying, do you think that can be tweaked to whip around that turn?

Second, I liked the static imagery of the prototype, scenes from the Viking age. The new artwork of the foes are a bit unsettling, especially the red-haired lady and Grendel, yikes.

Finally, the typeface choice on the screen was a mismatch, some of the typeface was perfectly aligned with the theme, but the green "get in the ship" text was of out of place. Easy polishing fix I suppose (I hope).

Welp, looks like I'm in after all, just spoke to distro and LOV is on order! I've got a HW and love it, come on AP you got this, keep up the good work.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If AP can deliver ‘the cheapest, fully featured game’ to compete with a Stern Pro, I think they’d be setting themselves up for a successful business model. Everything is through the roof, and home buyers are looking for quality and affordability.

However, I don’t see these going for less than $7K. The game looks great, though, and AP has more games in the works. I hope they sell a ton.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I really like the theme and gameplay but wasn't a fan of the deluxe features and the price. If they nail the price on the classic it will sell a ton!

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I honestly cannot fathom spending 6500 on a game this lacking in almost everything. I'm sure its fun, but its somewhat hard to make a game not fun these days. I personally just don't see the value there. I understand these are strange times though, and prices just are what they are. Maybe if 6500 bucks is no big deal to you, but for me I'd just not buy any game at that price rather than settle for a game like this at that price. At old Stern pro pricing, maaaaybe I could understand it. But hey, you do you. If you dig the game or absolutely have to get a NIB don't let me opinion stop you!

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If AP can deliver ‘the cheapest, fully featured game’ to compete with a Stern Pro, I think they’d be setting themselves up for a successful business model. Everything is through the roof, and home buyers are looking for quality and affordability.

I have bought many Stern Pro's and bought AP's previous 3 games - all new. If AP can be close enough to Stern Pro street pricing they will get more of my business. Waiting to see what they price the Classic at for this game. Also will look at furture AP releases if they are competitive with the Stern Pros.

AP will get the nod from me if they can - I'd rather see factory costs put into the game mechs, etc rather than a feature like Insider Connect. I don't care for paying for a feature like that I have no interest in....

AP - I want to give you more business but price is a consideration. Hot Wheels was a home run with me. Need more home runs !

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I wish it would be that cheap but I'd bet we're kidding ourselves in this market.

Yep. Wishful thinking, but I hope they surprise us. Undercutting the Stern Pro price would be a huge deal imo.

#388 2 years ago

I honestly cannot fathom spending 6500 on a game this lacking in almost everything. I'm sure its fun, but its somewhat hard to make a game not fun these days.

Two words Led Zeppelin

#389 2 years ago

Loved the Jack Danger Dead Flip stream. The call outs and music in this game are awesome. Love the vibe. The game also looks better in action than the promo shots! Can't wait to give this one a few slaps of Thor's Hammer

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Wishful thinking, but I hope they surprise us. Undercutting the Stern Pro price would be a huge deal imo.

I'm with you on hoping for the low pricing, but with most of the differences coming in the cosmetic department I bet we're looking at closer to 7200-7500.

#391 2 years ago

Do I hear the same voice as Iron Maiden?the Iron Maiden devil is fantastic!

#392 2 years ago

If we're guessing price for the standard....
$7399.
We will find out tomorrow at 7pm hopefully at expo.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If we're guessing price for the standard....
$7399.
We will find out tomorrow at 7pm hopefully at expo.

Thats price a few distros mentioned on Facebook

#394 2 years ago

Let's see some pictures from the floor.

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Let's see some pictures from the floor.

I'm here at expo. Will post tons of pics.

#396 2 years ago

#397 2 years ago

Something I heard Josh say in the stream was that this was called their "American Dream" project where they find homebrew guys that they work with to bring their vision and passion to production. This is such a cool idea and I hope it's something they can replicate again and again, if they could get the license and put Sonic Spinball into production for example I think that would be amazing and I never even played Sonic the video games at all.

#398 2 years ago

Sonic would be incredible. So many cool features to that game.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sonic would be incredible. So many cool features to that game.

This is so obvious it is a wonder why AP did not go with Sonic as their next game. Would be a block buster seller with all those features and popular IP.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is so obvious it is a wonder why AP did not go with Sonic as their next game

Might have a drop blood or a boob on the playfield ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.