(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well they are still building all three of their previous games so I don't know how much this was to get the line "back up and running". It may indeed have been a faster path to getting a fourth game released as maybe the new guys didn't like the direction or at least the progress on what was to be game four when they took over, that seems like the more likely scenario.

How many are they building a week of the older titles? I do not see much demand for those at the moment so I would not think they have enough to make that is giving them the necessary workload to be efficient and effective on future runs. They don't have 500 orders in of those for if they did they would not be building LOV.

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Huh? They're saying it was never their intent to limit the number of games...
[quoted image]

As the run of games is supposedly sold out, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to refund your spot if you are upset at the change to 500.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

How many are they building a week of the older titles? I do not see much demand for those at the moment so I would not think they have enough to make that is giving them the necessary workload to be efficient and effective on future runs. They don't have 500 orders in of those for if they did they would not be building LOV.

I don't know how many they can / are building a week but they did say the scheduled runs of all three were already sold-out/allotted to distributors. They still need to move on and build new games/titles eventually too though.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Huh? They're saying it was never their intent to limit the number of games...
[quoted image]

So? They addressed the issue. I appreciate their comments on it. I didn’t agree with them pushing it to 500 but at least they addressed it.

#305 2 years ago

I think the main takeaway is they never thought they'd blow through 300 so quickly. I think it's fantastic they've done so, same as Spooky, because at the end of the day the more competition out there the better it is for us consumers. Like Levi said, if you're that mad about it someone will take your spot or give you a refund, but this is good for the hobby.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As the run of games is supposedly sold out, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to refund your spot if you are upset at the change to 500.

That’s great. If I HAD ordered at 300 and decided to bail after they upped the numbers, I would REMEMBER - even if I got my deposit back. I didn’t even go through that, but still - I will REMEMBER.

#307 2 years ago

The apologists at it again ! Did they sell 300 based on the fact they were limiting it to 300 ..yes! Did they explain because they sold 300 so fast the were increasing to 500..yes. Did they lie and go back on their word. Yes! Do I care . .No, and am happy they are making a go of unlicensed themes. Always liked AP, however stop passing it off like it is just ok to lie in this business just don't

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

That’s great. If I HAD ordered at 300 and decided to bail after they upped the numbers, I would REMEMBER - even if I got my deposit back. I didn’t even go through that, but still - I will REMEMBER.

Lol. Pinside post of the week for me. Perfectly captures the outrage of all the people who didn't order and have no intention to order. God forbid more people get to enjoy a pin at the expense of your imaginary inconvenience of getting your deposit back.

#309 2 years ago

The English language is a difficult one. When AP said “limited”, did they limit it because that’s what they thought they could handle, as they are still making other pins? Did AP say “limited” as in “exclusive”…we won’t make anymore, even if there is demand? Spooky “limits” their runs because of resources in a timely fashion. Maybe AP is doing this too…thus limiting the run.

Now, with the last announcement, AP does indicate that it will be 500, even though there is more demand. They didn’t specify this with the 300 announcement. Either way, it’s a limited “small” run of pins and thus will be “rare” in the future.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So? They addressed the issue. I appreciate their comments on it. I didn’t agree with them pushing it to 500 but at least they addressed it.

You don't address an issue by lying about your own actions. They billed the game as a 300 build. So, to say that you never intended to limit the game is categorically false. That's not addressing anything.

Numbers may not matter to you, but they do matter.

Imagine going to an auction and dropping $8 large on a cast sculpture that an artist said was a 1 of 1. Next day, you find out that the artist made 10 more. You ask the artist "What gives? You said this was limited to 1 of 1!".

The artist says, "Oh, about that... it was never my intention to limit the number of casts I was going to make. You see, after I sold the first, 10 other people came asking for one. And they all paid me, so I made them. After that, even more came asking for one, but I told them no."

Is your response: *Oh great, you addressed the issue!"

Or, are you responding with a "WTF!!! You sold this to me as a 1 of 1!"

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Lol. Pinside post of the week for me. Perfectly captures the outrage of all the people who didn't order and have no intention to order. God forbid more people get to enjoy a pin at the expense of your imaginary inconvenience of getting your deposit back.

No. YOUR post tops it.

I am a collector of games. Because I have a memory, I had decided the only games (for now) that I would consider NIB are Spooky and A/P. I have had a Houdini and Oktoberfest, and I was impressed by the quality and customer service. I wanted to support these companies. I had a TNA, love my R&M, and I have a Halloween on order.

I decided to NOT order the new AP even at 300, correct. However…the way AP handled this put me on notice for FUTURE ORDERS that they might change LE numbers after announcing and taking orders and be a bit dishonest about it. NOTED.

…and to YOU, this is some ‘illegitimate’ or ‘ridiculous’ opinion of mine? OK…haha.

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You don't address an issue by lying about your own actions. They billed the game as a 300 build. So, to say that you never intended to limit the game is categorically false. That's not addressing anything.
Numbers may not matter to you, but they do matter.
Imagine going to an auction and dropping $8 large on a cast sculpture that an artist said was a 1 of 1. Next day, you find out that the artist made 10 more. You ask the artist "What gives? You said this was limited to 1 of 1!".
The artist says, "Oh, about that... it was never my intention to limit the number of casts I was going to make. You see, after I sold the first, 10 other people came asking for one. And they all paid me, so I made them. After that, even more came asking for one, but I told them no."
Is your response: *Oh great, you addressed the issue!"
Or, are you responding with a "WTF!!! You sold this to me as a 1 of 1!"

First of all, you presumably took delivery of the sculpture at the auction, that has not happened here. Second, a one off is in no way comparable to 3-500.

#313 2 years ago

Not to be upstaged, Stern just released another 199 Elvira's.
Let AP build as many as they want. More sales equal more pinball, and more future pinball when a company is successful.
Hell, looking forward to all Black trim package.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

No. YOUR post tops it.
I am a collector of games. Because I have a memory, I had decided the only games (for now) that I would consider NIB are Spooky and A/P. I have had a Houdini and Oktoberfest, and I was impressed by the quality and customer service. I wanted to support these companies. I had a TNA, love my R&M, and I have a Halloween on order.
I decided to NOT order the new AP even at 300, correct. However…the way AP handled this put me on notice for FUTURE ORDERS that they might change LE numbers after announcing and taking orders and be a bit dishonest about it. NOTED.
…and to YOU, this is some ‘illegitimate’ or ‘ridiculous’ opinion of mine? OK…haha.

There are apparently 500 other takers that make your position moot.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

…and the idea that a guy with 28 games (and many more incoming soon) shouldn’t be voicing his opinion on this subject, comes via the guy with TWO?

I am not saying my opinion counts any more than yours because of the number of games I own, but the INVERSE - YOU trying to negate MY opinion on the subject - is just stupid. But, as they say: you do YOU!

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

There are apparently 500 other takers that make your position moot.

500 other people made it moot that I probably won’t be an AP NIB buyer in the future, when I probably WAS previous to this? Haha

Not getting my future cash will not be ‘moot’ to AP, Genius.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not to be upstaged, Stern just released another 199 Elvira's.
Let AP build as many as they want. More sales equal more pinball, and more future pinball when a company is successful.
Hell, looking forward to all Black trim package.

Stern only rolled out 199 more EHOH, so not that big of a deal really. AP rolled out 200 more, and that just ain't right!

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

500 other people made it moot that I probably won’t be an AP NIB buyer in the future, when I probably WAS previous to this? Haha

I get you're mad that they changed the number, I think it was a bad move too but also understand it happened quickly and can understand why they did it, even if I do disagree with it. Right or wrong though if you are going to limit your NIB purchases to companies that have never done something similar then it looks like Spooky, Homepin, Haggis and possibly Pinball Brothers are going to be enjoying your exclusive business.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I sort of get your point. However, why does it matter? More pinball is a good thing. Honestly, in this market it really won’t make a difference. Even if your only intent was to flip it. What percentage of the Le’s go to flippers anyway? Probably more then half easily these days.

#320 2 years ago

And with that Stern pisses all over their customers who spent a fortune for a piece of [Removed] couch!

IMG_86621 (resized).jpgIMG_86621 (resized).jpg

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

And with that Stern pisses all over their customers who spent a fortune for a piece of [Removed] couch!
[quoted image]

This is such an obvious money-making opportunity they'd be idiots not to do it.

#322 2 years ago

Played it at Enterrium in Schaumburg, IL last night. I like it! I didn't want to - but I did!

I wanted to like Hotwheels, but no, I have tried (many times), it is floaty, just doesn't feel right. Houdini plays better than Hotwheels, but Legends of Valhalla is better than both. I am not a huge viking fan (football or theme - lol), but this game plays well and isn't boring or too hard/easy... or floaty. Octoberfest is a good game, but this is still better. I like these guys - keep it going and kudos for releasing something that isn't a license to some Disney property or a rock band. I like those as well, but variety is great and this game plays well.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is such an obvious money-making opportunity they'd be idiots not to do it.

Hey I would like one! My point is "limited" is just a fomo marketing tool when it comes to pinball. Everyone please keep it in mind when looking to pinball companies and feel you have to order day 1 or miss out. Looks like no one will ever miss out on anything because words, in pinball, apparently are meant to be broken!

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

"Call for Price". Does this fall into the category of "If you have to ask, you can't afford it?"

#325 2 years ago

Soooo what time is the stream tonight?

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Soooo what time is the stream tonight?

6pm Central is what I read.

#327 2 years ago

To be clear: I ALSO want there to be more pinball choices, especially from companies like A/P. I am just saying that this move will be considered in future purchases. Stern releasing a new ‘Elvira’, FINE. I cleaned the sticky evidence off of my LE WEEKS ago, but that is a consideration as to how limited their ‘Limited’ games REALLY are…just like the JJP re-runs.

Some people here act like ‘fanboys’, running to dis me because I am speaking negatively of A/P, but I am just saying that as a collector - this stuff makes a difference on how much I want or pay for an ‘LE’, or which ones I will try to attain.

I will be happy to have a Standard of this title sometime, and I am good with Premiums of other games. If they are now going to MARKET specifically to the COLLECTOR, why bash a COLLECTOR who says: “I don’t appreciate the way they handled this. It makes a difference, and I will remember it in my future pinball purchase decisions”?

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I sort of get your point. However, why does it matter? More pinball is a good thing. Honestly, in this market it really won’t make a difference. Even if your only intent was to flip it. What percentage of the Le’s go to flippers anyway? Probably more then half easily these days.

I am not, and have never been a “Flipper”. I have only ever bought games that I want to play at home and possibly keep, if I like them enough. When I sell or trade, I am very fair.

The closest I came was when I found a restored WH2O on local CL recently, and I beat others out by jumping on it and showing up with full cash asking price. I put it out as ‘trade bait’, and I FINALLY secured a SW Comic Art Premium for my long-term collection. It was the ONLY way I could get it, and the guy’s family didn’t like SW, and he was happy with the WH2O.

If THAT makes me a ‘Flipper’, then (insert clever dolphin joke here).

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I am not, and have never been a “Flipper”. I have only ever bought games that I want to play at home and possibly keep, if I like them enough. When I sell or trade, I am very fair.
The closest I came was when I found a restored WH2O on local CL recently, and I beat others out by jumping on it and showing up with full cash asking price. I put it out as ‘trade bait’, and I FINALLY secured a SW Comic Art Premium for my long-term collection. It was the ONLY way I could get it, and the guy’s family didn’t like SW, and he was happy with the WH2O.
If THAT makes me a ‘Flipper’, then (insert clever dolphin joke here).

Do you have more fun playing a game with a sticker that says 001 vs 9999? Anyone that buys pinball machines is a collector (of stuff) but they are not collectibles. I see more value in a reputable company support then a game number personally.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

6pm Central is what I read.

Thank you. Middle of the night over here unfortunately.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

can’t believe all the comments about a small part of some side art on the cab. How many people have their games so far apart that they actually see the full cab art on their pins?! I can hardly see any of mine. Especially when playing.. I could care less. Really seems blown out of proportion to me. If it bothers you sandwich it between 2 other pins? But maybe I’m in the minority and most collectors perfer sitting at their home bar quietly sipping whiskey and eyeballing their cab art instead of playing. I dunno .

No, you aren't in the minority....Everyone jams their pins in a line so they can buy as many as possible

Just typical pinside, someone had to poop on AP's parade

#332 2 years ago

I'm sure it will be recorded so you can see it tomorrow.

Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Thank you. Middle of the night over here unfortunately.

#333 2 years ago

?!?!?!

BDFD4541-001D-4886-B4AD-1191102BE801 (resized).pngBDFD4541-001D-4886-B4AD-1191102BE801 (resized).png
#334 2 years ago

Aside from the Dead Flip stream tonight, are there any links to gameplay videos (of the current game) people can share? Sorry if I missed them. Thanks.

#335 2 years ago

None that are worth looking at and are the ap version!

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Aside from the Dead Flip stream tonight, are there any links to gameplay videos (of the current game) people can share? Sorry if I missed them. Thanks.

There's one I posted back on page 2, but it's a chatty video in an arcade and you can't hear anything from the pin.

https://www.twitch.tv/ragetiltpinball/video/1184941208

You could also look up video from the Riot version when it was making the rounds as I'm pretty sure(?) it's the same game with the AP version just adding on some sculpts. There's one with chuckwurt and one with Skipnatty that are good. And I think the What the Flip people did one too but I'm forgetting their Pinside names right now. All of those can be found on youtube.

#337 2 years ago

You can also play the game in the arcade today. This looks like the closest location to you.

Enterrium, 2 Woodfield Mall Unit A, Schaumburg, IL 60173

Quoted from Jack8765:

#338 2 years ago

This is a silly thing to get all bent out of shape about. By this standard, all pin manufacturers have lied. People need a different hobby if this is going to poison all future buying decisions. We're lucky we have AP making quality games in a market with pyramid schemes and pooling playfields. There is no way AP has made ANY money so far on pinball sales. Now that they've finally got a theme that has generated some real demand give them a little break. If you are really that bent out of shape then go buy something else from the perfect company that only exists in your head.

#339 2 years ago

We are living in another pinball golden age.

#340 2 years ago

How come LOV isn't advertised on American Pinball?

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Because it’s a legend?

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Check under games for sale!

#343 2 years ago

The stream is going on right now!

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#344 2 years ago

Looks like Steve Bowden is the mystery guest. Good pickup for AP.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looks like Steve Bowden is the mystery guest. Good pickup for AP.

Agreed. Glad for Steve & AP that he's landed there.

#346 2 years ago

I watched for five minutes. I don't know if I can wait months for mine to arrive. The game looks amazing. AP is the best, 4 for 4, batting 1.000.

#347 2 years ago

Game play looks fantastic!

#348 2 years ago

Great stream. Now that I can finally hear the music, sound fx, and call outs, wow! Really nice! Big gruff voice for the main guy, love the epic music, and that viking war horn or whatever creates a perfect atmosphere. I debated for a day, so glad I decided to jump in on a DE yesterday before they were all gone.

#349 2 years ago

Played it a bit tonight. Really
Like the layout, it’s a fun game and easy to play.

Feels solid, doesn’t have that usual “built in the garage” boutique feel to it.

Center ramp is a problem. Those flippers really aren’t up to the task.

#350 2 years ago

Up the power. I’ll never understand why AP does that with stock power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.