(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

The artwork is really poor. The pf is passable, but that backglass - they need to hire GOOD artists. It's not "Flash" horrible, and it's not photoshopped heads, so there's that. But it is such a mediocre art package. Apparently they know it, too, since you'll notice they didn't post one image of the backglass. It's conspicuous in it's absence.

What happened to this site? You guys are acting like a bunch of a-holes. It's their first production pin. Looks pretty damn good to me for a first effort. The artwork is miles better than Spooky's first effort and look at Spooky now. And they didn't crowdfund the damn thing with pre-sales in order to build it (or not even build it, like Jpop). They did it on their own. All things considered it looks surprisingly polished and professional to me. Definitely a step up all-around from AMH, Thunderbirds, Predator, non-functioning Magic Girl and some other first attempts. And with AP building it there won't be years of waiting with minimal updates, or stolen monies. These guys are doing it right. Bravo all around.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Quick question did anyone here get this in the mail yet? Let me know.
Cheers
David Fix
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, nice surprise in the mail yesterday. I wondered if someone provided a subscription in my name.

Was this a mailing from the current API owners list?

PGLOV (resized).jpgPGLOV (resized).jpg
#153 2 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Cheers
David Fix

Where do you order that? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that magazine previously.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I hope you meant to include Oktoberfest also given you live in Deutschland.
Kudos to the powdercoat on this game. Out of all the colors in the rainbow it works perfectly with the art. Not in your face like "look at me."

Yes... It's absolutely a gem too (just not my taste as a pin and as a drink, i am more into coke) !

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Played a few games on this last night!
Shoots really nice. Skill shot off the upper flipper is great.

Nice, how was the LCD animations? Lots of videos?

Thanks

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What happened to this site? You guys are acting like a bunch of a-holes. It's their first production pin. Looks pretty damn good to me for a first effort. The artwork is miles better than Spooky's first effort and look at Spooky now. And they didn't crowdfund the damn thing with pre-sales in order to build it (or not even build it, like Jpop). They did it on their own. All things considered it looks surprisingly polished and professional to me. Definitely a step up all-around from AMH, Thunderbirds, Predator, non-functioning Magic Girl and some other first attempts. And with AP building it there won't be years of waiting with minimal updates, or stolen monies. These guys are doing it right. Bravo all around.

It’s an 8500 item… AP could have upgraded the art package from the original home brew

#157 2 years ago

Agree. Those that want more options for their pinball dollars than Disney licenses or incessantly rage on about “build quality” and support need to consider stepping up.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Cheers
David Fix

I didn't realize that Pingame Journal was still around!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s an 8500 item… AP could have upgraded the art package from the original home brew

Next time you decide to build then get a game made you can make that call.

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sorry but do I have to say it? The game looks bush league for a full release. And that price point, ouch.

Turns out you don't have to say anything. This game looks and plays fantastic.

#160 2 years ago

This may be my first nib American pinball purchase.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

This may be my first nib American pinball purchase.

No disappointments there...
These games are built like tanks...
Customer service is outstanding.

#162 2 years ago

The first thing I thought of when I saw it.

#163 2 years ago

American pinball build quality is second to none and they have outstanding customer service too as well

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Next time you decide to build then get a game made you can make that call.

It's pinside, how will the rest of us poor, un-seeing, neophytes understand what we aren't seeing unless the art critics educate us?

#165 2 years ago

What happened to this site? You guys are acting like a bunch of a-holes.

Being an asshole is all the rage these days. We worship them even (celebrities, politicians, ceos, etc.)

So lowly chumps see an easy choice between being humble and kind versus hostile and assholey. Being kind doesn’t get you shit these days. Being a hostile asshole might make you leader of the free world.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Happy for anyone that wants LOV gets LOV but I’m waiting for Alice In Wonderland!
[quoted image]

The Visual Pinball development thread is old (October 2012) but it would give you a clearer idea of how the game would have looked then. Nine years later with two physical games under their belt, this would be revised and revamped considerably, I'm sure.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#167 2 years ago

When the price for a product is $8,400, folks are going to let their opinions be known, good and bad.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where do you order that? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that magazine previously.

I ordered a back order copy from 2017 when Alien came out. I wanted it because I bought the new Alien.

I was really impressed with the interviews and write ups on Alien in it. Interviews from all the people involved and their background story.

I am going to subscribe to it.

#169 2 years ago

Is there a vaccine for FOMO yet ?

#170 2 years ago

Looks real cool .Can’t keep up with all these pins lmfao !

#171 2 years ago

Just be aware that if you subscribe to Pin Game Journal, you may not actually get much. These days, there’s an annual calendar and that’s about it.

#172 2 years ago

I really like the artwork style on the playfield. Very well done. Can't wait to see how it shoots for myself. Based on my experience with Houdini and Oktoberfest, AP makes a top notch, solid, quality machine.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Thanks

I didn’t get a much of look at the animations/videos. Again, only played a few games. From what I saw it looked nice and blended well with the art and the game.

Don’t ask about sound because it was on location at a place with redemption games…

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Zero videos. Just more still images. I hope this changes.

#175 2 years ago

Anyone played The Banner Saga? Art style is similar

#176 2 years ago

Does anyone know how far along the code is? Is it finished or are they going to add anything else?

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Just be aware that if you subscribe to Pin Game Journal, you may not actually get much. These days, there’s an annual calendar and that’s about it.

Thanks. Good to know.

#178 2 years ago

Just a note: The recommended pitch of the game is 7.there should be a setup card in the game.Way more fun at this pitch. Thanks for your comments!

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Played a few games on this last night!
Shoots really nice. Skill shot off the upper flipper is great.
Locking the balls in the viking ship is fun.
The rear legs on this machine cranked all the way down so making the center ramp was difficult, I had a lot of balls come back down at me. I'm sure with the right setup this shots even better. The Game is really nice and it's loaded, I can’t wait to play it again at Expo.
The figurine at the center/top of the playfield looks fine in person, it does not look cheap and fits the theme and the machine nicely. They did however use a flat plastic character on the game, over the left ramp, instead of a figure (like stern does on their pros). IMO that’s kinda cheapy but it looks fine, I guess.
I went to this location to try Godzilla so besides just a few games on this... I mostly played Godzilla.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Just a note: The recommended pitch of the game is 7.there should be a setup card in the game.Way more fun at this pitch. Thanks for your comments!

It will be nice to play an AP game that isn’t supposed to be 6.0 pitch. I need speed! Haha

#180 2 years ago

fyi, API has updated the total number of Deluxe machines from 300 to 500! It appears that the demand is there for this one!

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

fyi, API has updated the total number of Deluxe machines from 300 to 500! It appears that the demand is there for this one!

Won’t this piss off the buyers that thought there was only going to be 300? It was the right move to make this thing limited though. Helps with FOMO.

#182 2 years ago

no more than it did when Stern raised the limited on Batman 66, or JJP did on Woz75th. The ones that were upset by it sold their spots and the next guy in line took it. this is the market we are in. There is FAR MORE demand than supply at the moment and good games sell quickly. This game has been out an about for a while now so most people that are interested already know that it is a great game.

#183 2 years ago

no more than it did when Stern raised the limited on Batman 66, or JJP did on Woz75th. The ones that were upset by it sold their spots and the next guy in line took it. this is the market we are in. There is FAR MORE demand than supply at the moment and good games sell quickly. This game has been out an about for a while now so most people that are interested already know that it is a great game.

Just because others did it doesn’t make it right. People that missed out should have to settle for the standard edition.

#184 2 years ago

This 100%!!!! Glad to see they raised the limit. FFS 500 is still limited and lets 200 others buy the game they actually want. Too many are bought up by people just wanting to flip them anyway.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Yes I did, before I said anything this thread was a Love fest for an $8,500 game with a clearly low BOM and 3D printed garbage figures somebody has to say something. You guys that buy this game I'm sure we'll have fun playing the game because it's pinball! but unless you aren't some Uber rich guy you will undoubtedly have regrets walking by this game knowing that you spent $8,500 on it. The price for what is under the glass is absolute bananas. No one in this thread congratulating this game and it's price point is allowed to complain about Stern's games and the prices ever again -end of story.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Yes I did, before I said anything this thread was a Love fest for an $8,500 game with a clearly low BOM and 3D printed garbage figures somebody has to say something. You guys that buy this game I'm sure we'll have fun playing the game because it's pinball! but unless you aren't some Uber rich guy you will undoubtedly have regrets walking by this game knowing that you spent $8,500 on it. The price for what is under the glass is absolute bananas. No one in this thread congratulating this game and it's price point is allowed to complain about Stern's games and the prices ever again -end of story.

Except multiple people have said they are NOT 3D printed.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Except multiple people have said they are NOT 3D printed.

Either way they still look like absolute shit. 3D printed, injection molded, sculpted and painted by hand from Odin himself doesn't change the fact that they look like shit.

#188 2 years ago

Right on man, bunch of the newer pinsiders are total snobs and I’m not a fan of many of them.

I got a chance to play LOV today at PinballGallery, wow. It’s built like a tank, feels like a Bally/Williams, love the layout. I wasn’t hip to the rules, so wasn’t really sure what to aim for, but got 3 balls locked in the ship via the 3rd flipper, I loved the feel of that shot, the Ramps feel awesome. Super smooth and easier to hit than on my Hot Wheels.

This Pin is a winner folks

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Thanks

Not many at all from what I could see. Lots of still comic book type images. I’m sure there will be a lot done to the display with code

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

When the price for a product is $8,400, folks are going to let their opinions be known, good and bad.

While I think being selective and picky with how one spends their hard-earned money is important, I think price is irrelevant. People will find something to complain about even if the companies give the games away for free.

#191 2 years ago
2F601132-6589-45F5-9C79-C2AE90109A04 (resized).jpeg2F601132-6589-45F5-9C79-C2AE90109A04 (resized).jpeg
#192 2 years ago

I still don't think it's a big deal, but it is true that the flyer has a few things as "Deluxe Exclusive". Well, if anyone is really peeved I'm sure their distributor will refund them and give their spot to someone else. Seems there are enough buyers.

#193 2 years ago

Why stop at 500? Why not 1,000? Hell why not raise the price already? It’s been a whole day now.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where do you order [PinGame Journal]? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that magazine previously.

From http://www.pingamejournal.com/
.................David Marston

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Why stop at 500? Why not 1,000? Hell why not raise the price already? It’s been a whole day now.

Would it help if I told you I’ve been measuring the game room all day to see how one could fit?
If you grabbed a spot, you are one lucky Hoff.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

So, besides pinside…where does it say they increased the number (not that it makes much difference to me…I’m in either way). AP website still says 300.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, besides pinside…where does it say they increased the number (not that it makes much difference to me…I’m in either way). AP website still says 300.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/4#post-6565944

He would know.

#198 2 years ago

Not just pinside - a distributor

Quoted from dnapac:

#199 2 years ago

Played it last night on location. Nice looking machine. Fun to shoot. Felt really solid build wise.

#200 2 years ago

Ah. Much respect for @kingpingames. I really don’t care. Looks like a winner from a great group (Riot) and a great manufacturer. Always wanted to try an AP…now’s my chance!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/4?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.