(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#101 2 years ago

Sorry but do I have to say it? The game looks bush league for a full release. And that price point, ouch.

#102 2 years ago

You don't have to worry about game flow or geometry on this. Enough people have played it over the years without complaints. Can't speak for the code. Without looking back the art looks about the same from what I remember. The hood on the viking ship seems odd,maybe there is a cool light show, but could be Modded to look more like a ship.

#103 2 years ago

If you really want to be like me you’ll have to order one too …

#104 2 years ago

I know the designer did the art but I think this is a missed opportunity.

The next Zombie Yeti is out there.

I don’t think Lior is creating injection molds, can’t short run parts be cast?

#105 2 years ago

"Epic Soundtrack featuring 23 licensed music tracks from Two Steps from Hell"

If the Viking theme wasn't enough to get people excited, that sound track is going to sell this machine. Take my money!

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Why are you guys rocking the MyPillow guy for your profile pics?

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

To show how smart they are!

I was gonna do it too but I just can’t figure out how to do it.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

"Epic Soundtrack featuring 23 licensed music tracks from Two Steps from Hell"
If the Viking theme wasn't enough to get people excited, that sound track is going to sell this machine. Take my money!

Is there somewhere I can listen to the games music?

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I don't know what's on the official track, but that particular band specializes in epic instrumental music that is perfect for background music. They've even had their songs used in TV commercials. Check out Jump by them.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Two Steps From Hell did the soundtrack for JJP The Hobbit which is fantastic. I expect the same here.

#111 2 years ago

Looks like a fun game, but where's the Pinbar?

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

going to get me a classic

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes!

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those are videos from the concept machine Riot pinball made. AP has already said they added video content to further refine the product.

The twitch stream above was definitely the AP version and indeed had a lot of static imagery.

#115 2 years ago

Congratulations to Scott, Frank, everyone at AP and Riot; the 'limited collector's run' is definitely the way to go with this. AP has found its own TNA.

Gives me another bar to work towards now; maybe one day Circe's Animal Alehouse could finally be built and find a home as a limited run game.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Looks like a fun game, but where's the Pinbar?

Don't knock it; Riot's planned and sketched-out Alice In Wonderland has already got further than JPop's ever will.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't believe anybody has yet to undercut the price on a Stern pro, so doing it here would be a first.
A price of $6500 or so would really need to be a must for any of these games to be considered a viable alternative to a Stern pro.

Isn’t that how much Hot Wheels was? Wasn’t that their most recent title? This is quite a price jump.

#118 2 years ago

Was tempted to order today but my better judgement won out and decided to wait to play at expo.

I’m a big supporter of non-licensed themes and will very likely buy this one, but feel like they missed an opportunity to re-theme as The Last Kingdom like Stern did with Elwin’s Archer. Instead of 300 LE’s bet they could have sold 900.

#119 2 years ago

Looks like tons of flow. I like the magnet around the ship. Also the figure 8 combo around to upper left flipper then circle the ship.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Isn’t that how much Hot Wheels was?

Yes, Hot Wheels is (was?) $6,300. When you see that it's a great playing pin that also comes standard with tons of "premium" features like a real backglass, all RGB LEDs throughout, side art blades, lenticular back-panel, etc... it's really a killer value.

Word on the street is that it's a very solid location earner, too.

Welcome to the family, Legends of Valhalla!

#121 2 years ago

Put LOV in the Hot Wheels range, and they will sell lots more.

#122 2 years ago

I’m in for a classic. I would just like to know what it’ll be missing. I’m guessing the powder coating, topper and ? Also, does anyone know when the classics will be coming out?

#123 2 years ago

AP is a quality pinball maker, but baffled what market this machine is being built for? Locations will spend $2k less and get a known popular Stern Pro IP. Home owners will do the same. Jack Dangers JP the pin has more interesting features and it’s nearly $4,000 less money.

#124 2 years ago

I hear the game is absolutely amazing. I think it looks great too, but that Viking in the chair needs to be replaced. Should be easy enough I suppose.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

AP is a quality pinball maker, but baffled what market this machine is being built for?

Those pinball guys thst spend a bunch of monies on them I assume.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Locations will spend $2k and get a known popular Stern Pro IP.

Please advise where I can buy recent Stern Pros for $2,000. I'll take a few.

OK, I'll guess that you omitted the word "less". Please note that what's been shown is the high-end "Deluxe" model of Legends of Valhalla, similar to high-end models from other manufacturers... these games include lots of extras like a mirrored backglass, anti-reflective playfield glass, shaker, knocker, full RGB LEDs, custom powder-coating, etc etc. Many people enjoy tricked-out machines. If you don't, that's totally fine. But at least compare apples to apples: if you want to talk pricing, compare this price to the high-end price from other manufacturers.

#127 2 years ago

It's so cool that there are different companies out there, all with their own fans !

I like APs pins the most why ? It's eazy, because i like them the most !

Backbox design is special
Games are a lot unlicensed themes
Quality / support are amazing
Hopefully never mircoplayfields
They are present in this forum every day
Great guys to chat with
No spike 2
Toppers included or less than 300 bucks.

But remember pinball is all about fun... Buy the car you wanna drive...it's easy.

Houdini and Hot Wheels are gems !

#128 2 years ago

And sorry i forgot :

They bring your homebrews to life !

This guys are magical !

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

but that Viking in the chair needs to be replaced. Should be easy enough I suppose.

That figurine does not look 3D printed. A 3D printed sculpture has that ugly layered line texture.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

That figurine does not look 3D printed. A 3D printed sculpture has that ugly layered line texture.

Could have smoothed that away using ABS and acetone after, but I think you're right. It might be just a really bad resin casting.

#131 2 years ago

Is this figure lighted or the wooden construction surrounding it ? Looks like the lamps there are glowing.

With a modded base or socket it will look really cool imo.

#132 2 years ago

The gate to Valhalla is lighted. Looks like resin. Odin is not lighted

#133 2 years ago

Odin is cast, hand painted and backlit by an led.

Quoted from Twister:

The gate to Valhalla is lighted. Looks like resin. Odin is not lighted

#134 2 years ago

Nice looking game. Theme is hot right now thanks to Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Grab the Collector's Edition for a nice topper:

assvik (resized).jpgassvik (resized).jpg
#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Please advise where I can buy recent Stern Pros for $2,000. I'll take a few.
OK, I'll guess that you omitted the word "less". Please note that what's been shown is the high-end "Deluxe" model of Legends of Valhalla, similar to high-end models from other manufacturers... these games include lots of extras like a mirrored backglass, anti-reflective playfield glass, shaker, knocker, full RGB LEDs, custom powder-coating, etc etc. Many people enjoy tricked-out machines. If you don't, that's totally fine. But at least compare apples to apples: if you want to talk pricing, compare this price to the high-end price from other manufacturers.

Noted and corrected putting in the word $2k less. Yes, there are some nice custom features and AP makes a good product no doubt. The lack of real IPs is hurting AP imo. Want to see AP do well, because a class act company.

Agreed if comparing high end, then the cosmetic extras are nice, but comparing the high end of Godzilla for example, where are the apples to apples mechs in LOV? Godzilla is flat out loaded with amazing mechs and PF features. Houdini and Octoberfest, loaded with mechs for same money. What happened to LOV mechs and on PF features?

Would definitely think LOV is a far better value than the low BOM on GNR. It’s mostly only a box of lots of LEDs, pizza spinner, 2 drum sticks and couple of ball locks. GNR is more of an apples to apples comparison to LOV and it wins in gameplay, features, etc at $8400, compared to GNR CE at over $5,000.00 more. LOV wins that comparison by a country mile, except GNR back box concert material is much better. Not to mention AP PFs are night and day better than any JJP PF. And AP has an actual warranty, which JJP is too scared to offer any longer, because of such poor quality materials.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Noted and corrected putting in the word $2k less. Yes, there are some nice custom features and AP makes a good product no doubt. The lack of real IPs is hurting AP imo. Want to see AP do well, because a class act company.
Agreed if comparing high end, then the cosmetic extras are nice, but comparing the high end of Godzilla for example, where are the apples to apples mechs in LOV? Godzilla is flat out loaded with amazing mechs and PF features. Houdini and Octoberfest, loaded with mechs for same money. What happened to LOV mechs and on PF features?
Would definitely think LOV is a far better value than the very low BOM on GNR. It’s mostly only a box of lots of LEDs, pizza spinner, 2 drum sticks and couple of ball locks. GNR is more of an apples to apples comparison to LOV and it wins in gameplay, features, etc at $8600, compared to GNR CE at nearly $5,000.00 more. LOV wins that comparison by a country mile, except GNR back box concert material. Not to mention AP PFs are night and day better than any JJP PF. And AP has an actual warranty, which JJP is too scared to offer any longer, because of such poor quality materials.

Is there a thread or topic you can’t find Some way to spin GnR/JJP hate in? You certainly are committed. Lol

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there a thread or topic you can’t find Some way to spin GnR/JJP hate in? You certainly are committed. Lol

No hate, just using GNR as more of a good apples to apples comparison to LOV. They are quite similar, except JJPs BOM might be a bit lower. You have to admit JJP is making killer profit on a game with no warranty they have to back up, lol.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

AP is a quality pinball maker, but baffled what market this machine is being built for? Locations will spend $2k less and get a known popular Stern Pro IP. Home owners will do the same. Jack Dangers JP the pin has more interesting features and it’s $4,000 less money.

You couldnt be more wrong. If locations by you are still ONLY buying the stripped down basic versions of each pin then they are missing the boat. If they are only buying Stern they are still missing the boat. I am an op in Ohio and I never buy just the lowest platform of a game. I also own Chicago Gaming, AP, JJP, Spooky, and will continue to support all pinball companies. People want to play those better versions, and if you cant provide, pinheads will drive 200 miles to play the better version somewhere else. I bought a dlx LOV within minutes of the email blast for one of my locations. Go tell your local ops to step up. Used pinball prices are not dropping like they used to so they wont lose a penny.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

You couldnt be more wrong. If locations by you are still ONLY buying the stripped down basic versions of each pin then they are missing the boat. If they are only buying Stern they are still missing the boat. I am an op in Ohio and I never buy just the lowest platform of a game. I also own Chicago Gaming, AP, JJP, Spooky, and will continue to support all pinball companies. People want to play those better versions, and if you cant provide, pinheads will drive 200 miles to play the better version somewhere else. I bought a dlx LOV within minutes of the email blast for one of my locations. Go tell your local ops to step up. Used pinball prices are not dropping like they used to so they wont lose a penny.

Agree that location players will drive to play a better version of the same game else where, if available.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Don't knock it; Riot's planned and sketched-out Alice In Wonderland has already got further than JPop's ever will.

Happy for anyone that wants LOV gets LOV but I’m waiting for Alice In Wonderland!

9AA7482C-06AA-4338-8543-6E554A8375B1 (resized).jpeg9AA7482C-06AA-4338-8543-6E554A8375B1 (resized).jpeg
#141 2 years ago

Played a few games on this last night!

Shoots really nice. Skill shot off the upper flipper is great.
Locking the balls in the viking ship is fun.
The rear legs on this machine cranked all the way down so making the center ramp was difficult, I had a lot of balls come back down at me. I'm sure with the right setup this shots even better. The Game is really nice and it's loaded, I can’t wait to play it again at Expo.

The figurine at the center/top of the playfield looks fine in person, it does not look cheap and fits the theme and the machine nicely. They did however use a flat plastic character on the game, over the left ramp, instead of a figure (like stern does on their pros). IMO that’s kinda cheapy but it looks fine, I guess.

I went to this location to try Godzilla so besides just a few games on this... I mostly played Godzilla.

457531F8-BE1F-4414-BB9F-57DC92CF229E (resized).jpeg457531F8-BE1F-4414-BB9F-57DC92CF229E (resized).jpeg8C02751E-A01E-4453-BDB8-879BB377C3D2 (resized).jpeg8C02751E-A01E-4453-BDB8-879BB377C3D2 (resized).jpeg9E79781B-96F4-49DF-B132-408D3B916492 (resized).jpeg9E79781B-96F4-49DF-B132-408D3B916492 (resized).jpeg9F13A5D8-912F-476C-AAB0-60DE0AAA2AB5 (resized).jpeg9F13A5D8-912F-476C-AAB0-60DE0AAA2AB5 (resized).jpegA876C68F-3B98-4EC4-8E2F-5AEBCB860B9D (resized).jpegA876C68F-3B98-4EC4-8E2F-5AEBCB860B9D (resized).jpegDD90C535-F85F-4B95-A972-65B2E696E022 (resized).jpegDD90C535-F85F-4B95-A972-65B2E696E022 (resized).jpegDE520C34-39EE-4ADC-B445-E96D5E142C7A (resized).jpegDE520C34-39EE-4ADC-B445-E96D5E142C7A (resized).jpeg

#142 2 years ago

Why anybody would support JJP over AP is beyond me because JJP is the reason the prices are so high; and AP are the best when it comes to build quality; which makes no sense at all considering JJP just keeps raising their prices; we as a pinball community should very much try to support a company like AP too which has amazing quality and they are keeping the price low for us as well and they have stellar customer service I had a problem with my hot wheels and they had the part here in like 2 days and when I called in I talked directly to someone on the phone; so I can tell you from first hand experience you get this game that you will have support
Carry on dudes

#143 2 years ago

Yes - support from AP is excellent and they build nice games.

#144 2 years ago

$8K+, the least you could have done was use a Resin 3D Printer instead of FDM. The cost isn't even that much higher, yet it would have made the entire package look so much better. I was pretty excited for this game, but as a finished product this still looks like a homebrew.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

$8K+, the least you could have done was use a Resin 3D Printer instead of FDM. The cost isn't even that much higher, yet it would have made the entire package look so much better. I was pretty excited for this game, but as a finished product this still looks like a homebrew.

Seriously you would rather support a company like JJP with all of their issues they are having with their playfields and other components of the game as well

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That is Not an FDM printed part.

#147 2 years ago

Congrats to AP. I owned an Oktoberfest- awesome build quality and fun game with a ton of modes. My son jumps on Houdini whenever we see one. Really glad to see they are still at it. Never had a single issue with AP. I'm excited about their future.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Houdini and Hot Wheels are gems !

I hope you meant to include Oktoberfest also given you live in Deutschland.

Kudos to the powdercoat on this game. Out of all the colors in the rainbow it works perfectly with the art. Not in your face like "look at me."

#150 2 years ago

Quick question did anyone here get this in the mail yet? Let me know.

Cheers
David Fix

PGJ Mag (resized).jpegPGJ Mag (resized).jpegPGJ Mag PG2 (resized).jpegPGJ Mag PG2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/3?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.