(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 2 years ago

Meet the boys behind LOV -

Scott Gullicks - design and art
Yours truly
Frank Gigliotti - rules and programming

Two wonderful friends who over several years by themselves made, not 1 but 2, fully functioning games for the love of pinball. Glad to see them have a well deserved day in the sun. Congrats guys !

DDCDE43A-D50B-4C69-A93B-E3ED59B5BC1E (resized).jpegDDCDE43A-D50B-4C69-A93B-E3ED59B5BC1E (resized).jpeg
#52 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was. I believe there has been an increase on all AP titles though. And when that came out, it was more than a stern Pro.

No price increase formally announced on AP titles (yet) and the "standard" or classic HW is still $6300 list: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1286-the-pinball-place/04296-hot-wheels

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No price increase formally announced on AP titles (yet) and the "standard" or classic HW is still $6300 list: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1286-the-pinball-place/04296-hot-wheels

That’s good. Hopefully the classic of this is not much more than that when they officially announce the pricing.

#54 2 years ago

Listened to the podcast. Every serious pinballer should hear it. It includes a great interview with Scott and Frank and gives a lot of insight into why pinball games are so hard to get mainstream.

I was able to play one of the originals at the Hamilton garage, not knowing any of its history. I had no idea that the game was home built, including the code and animations. It was certainly hard to compare to GNR and R & M that had just arrived as well. I still was drawn to the Valhalla game. Great job to all and looks like it will be a big hit. Congrats!

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Listened to the podcast. Every serious pinballer should hear it. It includes a great interview with Scott and Frank and gives a lot of insight into why pinball games are so hard to get mainstream.
I was able to play one of the originals at the Hamilton garage, not knowing any of its history. I had no idea that the game was home built, including the code and animations. It was certainly hard to compare to GNR and R & M that had just arrived as well. I still was drawn to the Valhalla game. Great job to all and looks like it will be a big hit. Congrats!

I cant seem to find the podcast. Got a link you can share??

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I cant seem to find the podcast. Got a link you can share??

Pinball profiles most recent episode.

#57 2 years ago

Standard listed as 7395 by one distributor on their FB page (in comments). Won’t list them here as this is Joe’s thread. Not sure if accurate… take it for what it’s worth.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinball profiles most recent episode.

I found it.....nice tag line. " War is Coming". I am trading in WinterisComing for this...4

#59 2 years ago

Looks really cool guys.
Congrats.

#60 2 years ago

Flyer for those interested... : )

LOV_Ad_FRONT_Home Market Brochure_RGB_10_22_2021 (resized).jpgLOV_Ad_FRONT_Home Market Brochure_RGB_10_22_2021 (resized).jpgLOV_Are_Skills_Sharpened_Brochure_BACK_10_22_2021_RGB_01 (resized).jpgLOV_Are_Skills_Sharpened_Brochure_BACK_10_22_2021_RGB_01 (resized).jpg
#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Standard listed as 7395 by one distributor on their FB page (in comments). Won’t list them here as this is Joe’s thread. Not sure if accurate… take it for what it’s worth.

There is NO price yet determined for the Classic - whoever is posting anything is guessing or made a mistake or something - I just checked with AP - no price has been determined by them and none have been given to distributors. TY for courtesy shown too...

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

....AP just took it to production and did many refinements.

It def needs some.

#63 2 years ago

Pinball Profile episode 320.
The history of Legends of Valhalla.

#65 2 years ago

I ordered a deluxe with cointaker. I like original themes here and there and this looks cool. I enjoyed houdini as well. So looking forward to seeing how this plays. Anyone know how long its going to take them to make and ship these?

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man if only I had the room looks awesome

Lol I’ve been out of room (some of my pins are at friends houses) and I bout one of these too! Too many pins is a good thing thanks Joe!

#67 2 years ago

The artwork is really poor. The pf is passable, but that backglass - they need to hire GOOD artists. It's not "Flash" horrible, and it's not photoshopped heads, so there's that. But it is such a mediocre art package. Apparently they know it, too, since you'll notice they didn't post one image of the backglass. It's conspicuous in it's absence.

#68 2 years ago

I will pass but I wish them the best of luck. It's just not quite there yet for me.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

The artwork is really poor. The pf is passable, but that backglass - they need to hire GOOD artists. It's not "Flash" horrible, and it's not photoshopped heads, so there's that. But it is such a mediocre art package. Apparently they know it, too, since you'll notice they didn't post one image of the backglass. It's conspicuous in it's absence.

Such a confusing post. "the backglass is really poor" then "they didn't post one image of the backglass". So you hate nothing? Its on the flyer. Maybe let AP release more then a stamp sized image before crapping on it??

#70 2 years ago

Hell, only minor gripe I have with the cool backglass art is that the AP head design interrupts it for an LCD vs. the cleaner prototype.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Such a confusing post. "the backglass is really poor" then "they didn't post one image of the backglass". So you hate nothing? Its on the flyer. Maybe let AP release more then a stamp sized image before crapping on it??

Yelobird Your post made me smile. Great insight.

#72 2 years ago

Wrath of Olympus ... next please!

#74 2 years ago

So real quick I’ve been in pinball for over 21 years now and got to play this today at cointaker’s and ordered my deluxe; I’m so proud of my brother Frank; like a dream to have one of your buddies making a game; I applaud everyone at riot pinball and American pinball as well for giving us the community such an amazing built game and just pure fun at an amazing fair price
If you didn’t get a deluxe yet get one or you will regret it this thing is special more to come

#75 2 years ago

I wonder when we will see all sold out....so many great comments. Pinball is on fire.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Meet the boys behind LOV -
Scott Gullicks - design and art
Yours truly
Frank Gigliotti - rules and programming
Two wonderful friends who over several years by themselves made, not 1 but 2, fully functioning games for the love of pinball. Glad to see them have a well deserved day in the sun. Congrats guys !
[quoted image]

Congrats guys!!!! Game looks great. I will be ordering one!!

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So real quick I’ve been in pinball for over 21 years now and got to play this today at cointaker’s and ordered my deluxe; I’m so proud of my brother Frank; like a dream to have one of your buddies making a game; I applaud everyone at riot pinball and American pinball as well for giving us the community such an amazing built game and just pure fun at an amazing fair price
If you didn’t get a deluxe yet get one or you will regret it this thing is special more to come

First off congrats to you And your brother. Well done. Second, your brother couldn't get you a deal??? lol

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

First off congrats to you And your brother. Well done. Second, your brother couldn't get you a deal??? lol

You ready to make us a few mods?? you have had way to much time off....lets get rolling...HAHA

#79 2 years ago

You ready to make us a few mods?? you have had way to much time off....lets get rolling...HAHA

Honestly really liking this game and vibe. Technically this game has the most design input (Riot and API) so I suspect they hit this one out of the park. Plus with the talented team already in place at AP they added a deeper bullpin of talent so this should take off. Had my order in yesturday so hoping to get busy soon.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Honestly really liking this game and vibe. Technically this game has the most design input (Riot and API) so I suspect they hit this one out of the park. Plus with the talented team already in place at AP they added a deeper bullpin of talent so this should take off. Had my order in yesturday so hoping to get busy soon.

Cool....will have CC ready.

#81 2 years ago

Looks like the only thing the Deluxe would need is a pingulp .

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looks like the only thing the Deluxe would need is a pingulp .

I love lighted flipper buttons. Yes need a place for my barly pop.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey, just because your brother's a rock star, that doesnt mean he can just "get you a game."

Hahahaha.

#84 2 years ago

Twitch stream of gameplay looks quite fun. The LCD is pretty limited to static drawings. Are there ways to asset swap on the AP platform like others have done to great effect for some stern titles? Seems like it would be a natural to bring in cinematics and such from the new God of War games.

#85 2 years ago

PinballSTAR Do I need to email you with my receipt -Paypal info of deposit??

Thanks.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Hey, just because your brother's a rock star, that doesnt mean he can just "get you a game."
Hahahaha.

Yeah but maybe his brother Likes him! Lol

Thanks.

Chris prefers payment in singles. He likes to let it rain like a rockstar when he gets home.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Twitch stream of gameplay looks quite fun. The LCD is pretty limited to static drawings. Are there ways to asset swap on the AP platform like others have done to great effect for some stern titles? Seems like it would be a natural to bring in cinematics and such from the new God of War games.

Those are videos from the concept machine Riot pinball made. AP has already said they added video content to further refine the product.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Hahahaha.

Man Thanksgiving must be a hoot at the Meunier household ! lol

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't believe anybody has yet to undercut the price on a Stern pro, so doing it here would be a first.

Homepin.

You didn't say it had to be GOOD.

#90 2 years ago

Thanks.

Nope all good we'll get confirmation emails out in the day or so after the initial rush subsides.. TY for order !

#91 2 years ago

Looks like its gonna be a speedy game. Wish the sculps weren't poor 3d prints but otherwise great theme and artwork overall.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Nope all good we'll get confirmation emails out in the day or so after the initial rush subsides.. TY for order !

Cool...Thanks. Excited.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Looks like its gonna be a speedy game. Wish the sculps weren't poor 3d prints but otherwise great theme and artwork overall.

Yeah I would not have posted closeups of the sculpts…on par with America’s Most Haunted like back of the garage home brew stuff…. They have so much potential! They need a real theme and a MUCH better art director.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

That's why we have Yelobird HAHA

#95 2 years ago

The playfield, cabinet and backglass art all look very good to me. Sadly, the 3D-printed stuff really lets it down. I bet dozens of Pinsiders are searching “Viking” on Amazon and eBay at this very moment. Nothing that can’t be replaced later. I do understand that for a limited run like this, custom injection-molded parts like on Ghostbusters are out of the question. I’d love to see pics without the 3D stuff, and if the Classic leaves them off, I may be a buyer at some point. I do love the theme, and the layout looks great.

#96 2 years ago

Looks incredible. Wow! Wish I had the space to add this.

#97 2 years ago

That's why we have Yelobird HAHA

Agreed!

More interested in the game flow/ geometry, rules, light show, sounds.
Looks like hand drawn art to me on the cabinet , play field and back glass.

One can always replace a couple of figures. Actually , the only thing I would be interested in would be a little nicer Viking ship

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The playfield, cabinet and backglass art all look very good to me. Sadly, the 3D-printed stuff really lets it down. I bet dozens of Pinsiders are searching “Viking” on Amazon and eBay at this very moment. Nothing that can’t be replaced later. I do understand that for a limited run like this, custom injection-molded parts like on Ghostbusters are out of the question. I’d love to see pics without the 3D stuff, and if the Classic leaves them off, I may be a buyer at some point. I do love the theme, and the layout looks great.

That Odin sculpt could have (and should have) been injection molded or just made a screened plastic, backlit. They could have done the mold for about $6k and that plus actually making them would have been probably $30-ish unit on a very low run. That's high, but I think most people would have paid $50 more to have a decent sculpt.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That Odin sculpt could have (and should have) been injection molded or just made a screened plastic, backlit. They could have done the mold for about $6k and that plus actually making them would have been probably $30-ish on a very low run. I think most people would have paid $50 more to have a decent sculpt.

When you make a pinball machine decisions have to be made. Pretty much every part on a game can be $30 better but at some point you just gotta release it and try to make a profit. The smaller companies are no different than Stern in this regard. If someone wants a $50 Odin sculpt I’m sure somebody will step up to the plate for them.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When you make a pinball machine decisions have to be made. Pretty much every part on a game can be $30 better but at some point you just gotta release it and try to make a profit. The smaller companies are no different than Stern in this regard. If someone wants a $50 Odin sculpt I’m sure somebody will step up to the plate for them.

No one's making a $6k injection mold for Odin on the off chance that 300 people will buy it. From the manufacturer that's guaranteed because one would go in every machine. Not so from a 3rd party.

And if that was the economic decision, then a flat screened plastic with art, backlit would have been a better and cheaper decision for this part vs whatever that 3D print or cast model is. They're already printing a sheet of screened plastics, so doing Odin there would have been dirt cheap and looked a LOT better given the choices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.