(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 2 years ago

got the call to pay. the game is shipping next week.after owning hotwheels and houdini i am psyched

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

got the call to pay. the game is shipping next week.after owning hotwheels and houdini i am psyched

You won’t be disappointed. Won’t say it’s API’s best as that’s selective but this game shoots great. All shots are clear and the modes progress well throughout the game. Congrats.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Congrats. Who did you order through?

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the game is shipping next week.

I heard that once, almost three weeks ago.

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Congrats. Who did you order through?

ordered from day 1 pinballstar joe has impeccable customer service

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I ordered from Joe as well and have in the past. He is the best.

#758 2 years ago

Patiently waiting for my game, in the meantime does anyone care to comment on the new code? Seems like they are hard at work adding polish and squashing bugs.

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Patiently waiting for my game, in the meantime does anyone care to comment on the new code? Seems like they are hard at work adding polish and squashing bugs.

Seems like mostly polish to some mode setting etc but overall really good. Will say team API is always on top of issues and software feedback. Probably had the game a month or so and they have had 3-4 updates already. Rather impressive. Had one Minor issue with lighting and they jumped all over it and knew exactly which plug came loose (likely when I moved the game). I have found LOV to be that one more game pin. Not as easy as it looks but if you get into a rhythm and pay attention to the mode strategy it’s a very deep game. My high scores average around 60 million but I’m fair at best. Mastering the mode start shots (3) is a key to this game. Really a well done game.

#760 2 years ago

Pretty reliable backhand shot to start a mode under the upper flipper.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty reliable backhand shot to start a mode under the upper flipper.

Thanks. Have to give that a try.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Suuuuuure

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Quoted from Yelobird:

Probably had the game a month or so and they have had 3-4 updates already.

Frank is very hard at work continuing to polish things up and address any issues. This last update was pretty big with some great stuff. The frequency of updates will certainly slow down a bit from the last two months. I know he is very open to the feedback and suggestions and I'm sure he will continue to enhance the game play based on that feedback.

Frank will be looking for Beta testers for future releases, so those interested should feel free to PM him luvthatapex2 . Keep in mind you need to really learn the game and be able to provide pretty detailed info on issues to be an effective tester.

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Frank is very hard at work continuing to polish things up and address any issues. This last update was pretty big with some great stuff. The frequency of updates will certainly slow down a bit from the last two months. I know he is very open to the feedback and suggestions and I'm sure he will continue to enhance the game play based on that feedback.
Frank will be looking for Beta testers for future releases, so those interested should feel free to PM him luvthatapex2 . Keep in mind you need to really learn the game and be able to provide pretty detailed info on issues to be an effective tester.

It's responses like this that remind me that American is a top-notch company and the type of manufacturer I intend to give my future pinball money to. While other manufacturers (whose names shall not be mentioned) continue to take their customers for granted and put out poorly built machines, AP (and Riot, by extension) are working their asses off to respond to comments quickly, address issues and produce the best machines they can. Thank you for that. This hobby needs manufacturers who care more about quality and customers than bottom lines.

#765 2 years ago

Loving mine so far, really fun to shoot. I hope a lot more callouts and maybe animations for the battle modes. They seem kind of stale and usually only one static image and/or callout for each, usually when you start and if you finish or drain. Would be my only request so far, otherwise having a blast with it.

#766 2 years ago

This may have been addressed, and I'm not even sure I really care, but I wanted an answer (if available)

I feel like all of the lead up to this game said there were only 300 deluxe editions. Now I 'think' I'm seeing 500?

Which is correct? or am I confused?

thanks!

#767 2 years ago

It was originally 300 but raised to 500

#768 2 years ago

I worked on this and you'll have every callout available in the legend battles in the next update. There are 5-10 callouts in each battle depending (since some are grunts and wails, etc) with over 500 callouts in the game. Thanks for your suggestions.

Quoted from bemmett:

Loving mine so far, really fun to shoot. I hope a lot more callouts and maybe animations for the battle modes. They seem kind of stale and usually only one static image and/or callout for each, usually when you start and if you finish or drain. Would be my only request so far, otherwise having a blast with it.

#769 2 years ago

NOT a complaint just a curiosity as I am already loving the game as is. Do you or API intend to add any animations to the game or just polish refinement from this point?

#770 2 years ago

I have used every frame of artwork/animation that designer Scott Gullicks created in this game. We feel it tells the story with enough imagery to convery our intent. I will be focusing on gameplay, rules, sound, lighting and fixes.

Quoted from Yelobird:

NOT a complaint just a curiosity as I am already loving the game as is. Do you or API intend to add any animations to the game or just polish refinement from this point?

#771 2 years ago

luvthatapex2 I couldn't find an official place to report bugs so I just thought I would let you know here. I am using the latest code update released on 12/31/21 and am using the home settings. I started a legend battle against Tyre which as you know is a 2 ball multi ball. During this battle I locked my third ball in the ship to bring a War at Sea multi-ball into the battle. Once my game was complete it asked for my initials because I was the Tyre champ with 29 Million points, however my total points for the game was only 15 million. So given that 29 Million > 15 Million, either the Tyre score was not added to the total score, or the Tyre score was not actually 29 Million. P.S. this game rules!

#772 2 years ago

Thanks for reporting it. The final score was correct but the Tyr Champ calculation was off. This issue is corrected in the next update.

Quoted from cyphr:

luvthatapex2 I couldn't find an official place to report bugs so I just thought I would let you know here. I am using the latest code update released on 12/31/21 and am using the home settings. I started a legend battle against Tyre which as you know is a 2 ball multi ball. During this battle I locked my third ball in the ship to bring a War at Sea multi-ball into the battle. Once my game was complete it asked for my initials because I was the Tyre champ with 29 Million points, however my total points for the game was only 15 million. So given that 29 Million > 15 Million, either the Tyre score was not added to the total score, or the Tyre score was not actually 29 Million. P.S. this game rules!

#773 2 years ago

delivery next week

#774 2 years ago

I’m excited to read/watch the reviews once deliveries happen…anyone hear anything more about classic pricing and availability? Going to have to wait until all 500 deluxe are produced and shipped?

I’m not in a rush (pun intended) but curious to see what I’ll be spending on a classic.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

anyone hear anything more about classic pricing and availability? Going to have to wait until all 500 deluxe are produced and shipped?

I have no inside information, but that’s my guess. If they were going to announce Classic pricing before all Deluxes shipped they would have done so by now. I think they want to make sure all the Deluxes ordered by distributors sell before announcing the less expensive version.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I have no inside information, but that’s my guess. If they were going to announce Classic pricing before all Deluxes shipped they would have done so by now. I think they want to make sure all the Deluxes ordered by distributors sell before announcing the less expensive version.

I think what you are thinking makes sense. I am surprised tho. It looked like they sold out the initial 300 pretty quickly as they bumped the Deluxe total to 500. If that’s the case they sold 300 in one day and still have not sold out the next 200 in what 8 weeks??

#777 2 years ago

I think the 500 deluxe where sold to distributors.
AP announced to build 300 deluxe in 6 month. So 500 should take 10 month. Who can say today how the prices increase in 10 month in this crazy time? I think that is the reason, why AP didn´t announce a price on standard. If AP is now saying, that the price for the standard is for example 1000$ lower than deluxe, and the prices for parts and material increase and the price will be only 500$ lower, all people that preoder the standard will be angry.

#778 2 years ago

Just something to pass the time while I wait for my game to ship…

I just watched an episode of The Agents of SHIELD called Berserker Staff and it reminded me of LOV and the incorporation of the Berserker drop target. Not only was the episode a cool tie-in to LOV but showed a sign in Norwegian that displayed our family name. I also found this description of Berserker: the Berserker Rage is an ability that evokes strength and stamina, utilized by such characters as Thor and Wolverine.

Anyway, hope that Berserker Rage is featured prominently in the game!

#779 2 years ago

You'll be happy to know we have a Berzerker Rage mode in the game, but its just called Rage! Tough mode to get, and a 6 ball multiball. You have to destroy 4 villages. Each wave is a different color of shots. The villages are those from Nordic history - BERGEN, KUNGAHALLA, NIDAROS and TRONDHEIM.

Quoted from RikV:

Just something to pass the time while I wait for my game to ship…
I just watched an episode of The Agents of SHIELD called Berserker Staff and it reminded me of LOV and the incorporation of the Berserker drop target. Not only was the episode a cool tie-in to LOV but showed a sign in Norwegian that displayed our family name. I also found this description of Berserker: the Berserker Rage is an ability that evokes strength and stamina, utilized by such characters as Thor and Wolverine.
Anyway, hope that Berserker Rage is featured prominently in the game!

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You'll be happy to know we have a Berzerker Rage mode in the game, but its just called Rage! Tough mode to get, and a 6 ball multiball. You have to destroy 4 villages. Each wave is a different color of shots. The villages are those from Nordic history - BERGEN, KUNGAHALLA, NIDAROS and TRONDHEIM.

That is outstanding sounds like a great mode. Can’t wait to play it. I know exactly where Bergen and Trondheim are; wish there was a Skogfoss or Hammerfest but very cool nonetheless!

#781 2 years ago

Anybody get their game in January? Come on guys, lets see some new pics of your game

#782 2 years ago

Anybody get their game in January? Come on guys, lets see some new pics of your game

Got the notice to pay in full. Was told end of January for shipment. We will see .

#783 2 years ago

I’ve been paid in full since October. Distributor said on 1/4 that AP was waiting on computers and that shipping wouldn’t occur for another two weeks. I’m expecting a shipment notice either next week or the week of the 24th if that’s true.

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I’ve been paid in full since October. Distributor said on 1/4 that AP was waiting on computers and that shipping wouldn’t occur for another two weeks. I’m expecting a shipment notice either next week or the week of the 24th if that’s true.

My distro said that AP informed them that my game would ship in January, so that jives with what you heard I guess.

#785 2 years ago

Where is your distri? My distri in germany said also my game should be shipping in January. But he tell me this in october, not sure if this happen, or if it will be delayed.

#786 2 years ago

I got a call from them earlier this month (January) regarding another pin and that is when they mentioned the expected ship date. Still plenty of time this month…so, here’s hoping.

#787 2 years ago

I worked on this and you'll have every callout available in the legend battles in the next update. There are 5-10 callouts in each battle depending (since some are grunts and wails, etc) with over 500 callouts in the game. Thanks for your suggestions.

I have question. Are 500 callouts in a modern game considered a lot? Not sure how many would be in a typical newer design.

#788 2 years ago

Looks like they are streaming LOV today at Bang Back Pinball Lounge in SC.
https://www.twitch.tv/bangbackpinball

#789 2 years ago

Looks like they are streaming LOV today at Bang Back Pinball Lounge in SC.
https://www.twitch.tv/bangbackpinball

Thanks for posting this!

#790 2 years ago

Stream from last night at Bang Back Pinball arcade 6.5 hours!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1263840952

#791 2 years ago

I went to Next Level in Oregon yesterday to evaluate some of the newer games that have been released since I last played on location - namely Godzilla, The Mandalorian, AIQ, Jurassic Park and others - because I'd like to add a few more games to my collection. But I couldn't resist playing some old favorites too and some that were on my bucket list. I played many machines in the 5 hours I was there.

One of the highlights of the night for me was LoV, the first game I stepped up to. Not knowing anything about it, I was lukewarm on the theme and the art had some good and some passable aspects, although I didn't see anything that was bad. But in the end it none of that mattered. The game was a blast to shoot! The flippers felt really solid and strong, probably the best feeling flippers of any game I played that day. I had no trouble hitting the center ramp. In fact I didn't notice any issues whatsoever.

The shots were well placed and it didn't feel like I was shooting bricks like I did on the Houdini that was sitting next to it. The soundtrack was hard to hear in the noisy venue, but what I could hear sounded incredible. Locking balls in the boat was fun, the kraken magnet was cool, and there weren't any cheap drains down the center or outlanes. It was a better shooter than Houdini and has a better theme and art than Oktoberfest, and has better sound than both. I can't compare it to HW because I haven't played it and Next Level doesn't have one.

I was busy watching the playfield and didn't pay much attention to animations. I did earn at least 3 different multiballs in one game but it didn't feel multiball heavy. Of course I didn't know the rules so it was just shoot at blinking lights, plus I'm a below-average player so keep that in mind. Speaking of blinking lights, the lighting and light shows are great too.

It could use more sculpts and interactive toys for theme immersion, but I didn't even notice the lack of mechs. It reminded me of a cross between a great shooting standard body solid state, with the modern solid feel of the CGC games. I was so impressed that I'm seriously thinking about picking up the Standard model if the price is right, for a game that wasn't even on my radar. It was just a lot of fun and I came back to it a couple more times, because I'd put it up there with Godzilla and The Mandalorian as the most enjoyable games I played at Next Level. That's saying a lot considering how many games they have on location. I liked it better than Elvira HoH, Halloween, JJP GNR, AIQ, Stern JP and so many other newer machines. I think I'm in.

#792 2 years ago

Anyone have any problems with the left scoop shooting SDTM? Looks like it should feed to the right flipper. Going to pull up the play field this week to take a look for adjustments opportunities, but thought I ask since I am not seeing any key posts on the subject

#793 2 years ago

You can increase the pulse on the scoop from service menu to shoot ball to the right flipper or decrease to shoot it to the left. Sdtm is totally avoidable

I have a 4 sec scoop ballsave option you can turn on too (disabled by default).

Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Anyone have any problems with the left scoop shooting SDTM? Looks like it should feed to the right flipper. Going to pull up the play field this week to take a look for adjustments opportunities, but thought I ask since I am not seeing any key posts on the subject

#794 2 years ago

You can increase the pulse on the scoop from service menu to shoot ball to the right flipper or decrease to shoot it to the left. Sdtm is totally avoidable
I have a 4 sec scoop ballsave option you can turn on too (disabled by default).

Awesome, thanks for the direction! I will get that dialed in this week

#795 2 years ago

Slightly off topic but a buddy just told me that a podcast on the site was suggesting that Valhalla will die after the 500 deluxe are made. I believe “the end of hype” or something was stated. Anyone care to comment? Haters gonna hate or is there something to this?

For the record if it’s a fun well-designed game I couldn’t care less. I really appreciate what AP and Riot have done here, just curious to to hear what people have to say and to keep the Valhalla posts going!

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

For the record if it’s a fun well-designed game I couldn’t care less.

I have no inside information, but I think if it’s a fun, well-designed game (as it appears to be) there’s no reason why the standard versions won’t sell well. The game just needs to get out there with more people playing it and talking about it. It needs to get into a lot of bars/arcades.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Suuuuuure</bloc

i heard they are still waiting parts but games lined up and waiting for the parts to arrive to ship asap those parts arrive

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Slightly off topic but a buddy just told me that a podcast on the site was suggesting that Valhalla will die after the 500 deluxe are made. I believe “the end of hype” or something was stated. Anyone care to comment? Haters gonna hate or is there something to this?
For the record if it’s a fun well-designed game I couldn’t care less. I really appreciate what AP and Riot have done here, just curious to to hear what people have to say and to keep the Valhalla posts going!

Yeah, Zach and Dennis on "The Pinball Network Podcast" are the ones who said that, I don't exactly blame them (you have to talk about something pinball related for an hour every week) and in a way I see what they're saying. But it's clear that they haven't been able to deliver games very quickly, probably due mainly to parts issues and that of course has hurt them a bit as newer games keep getting released (though not exactly shipping in large numbers either the last month or so) and people move on. It's unfortunate but only time will tell if they have enough demand to actually produce any standards of LOV or not, it may depend on how long it takes them to get all the Deluxe models out the door. I'm wishing the best for them and hope this turns into some kind of really unexpected hit!

#799 2 years ago

anyone out there own it yet? if so, what do you think? want to play it more. played some in chicago, but shows are super loud .

#800 2 years ago

I don’t t think I have ever seen a slower role out!.
A hand full in two months

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, NY
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/16?hl=cyphr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.