(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I can’t for the life of me understand why people are making a big deal about the artwork. I think it looks cool and is in keeping with the theme. Vikings WERE violent. The whole theme is about getting to Valhalla, which was the hall of the slain for warriors who died in battle. And whatever the supposed backstory, there were women warriors back then and men fought women in battle. Didn’t any of you see the Viking series on The History Channel?
All this bitching about the artwork is just like all the bitching on the Cactus Canyon Remake thread about whether CGC will make the topper available to SE buyers. What in the hell is wrong with this community? We have two awesome games released by two great companies at reasonable prices compared to what Stern and JJP are doing to us. Let’s celebrate that and enjoy these games!!!!

Who's bitching? It's been a pretty calm discussion about it

Quoted from pinballjj:

bitching? nah just playing arm chair pinball graphics designer,

It's weird how upset people get when they discuss a product with any sort of criticism, or shut down all thought and make some sort of rant about it.

Enjoy the game. It's only a discussion about artwork on a pinball machine.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Who's bitching? It's been a pretty calm discussion about it

It's weird how upset people get when they discuss a product with any sort of criticism, or shut down all thought and make some sort of rant about it.
Enjoy the game. It's only a discussion about artwork on a pinball machine.

I think many of us just thought that (thankfully) people had quit beating that dead horse and moved on. And to be fair there were some people bitching about the artwork for certain.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think many of us just thought that (thankfully) people had quit beating that dead horse and moved on. And to be fair there were some people bitching about the artwork for certain.

Ok after checking the thread while logged out, I see what you mean.

Gotta turn on those blocks for people who don't want to have civilized conversation about stuff...

#604 2 years ago

All this bitching about the artwork is just like all the bitching on the Cactus Canyon Remake thread about whether CGC will make the topper available to SE buyers.

You mean that topper where a man kills people by shooting them, maybe innocent ones as well?! I can't believe people wanting to have that in their homes. </sarcasm>

On a serious note: I never understand the 'with blood is very bad and harmfull for kids, but killed without blood is no problem at all'-idea. And the 'it's an innocent woman!', but a dead man is probably not innocent(?!), so that's no problem at all somehow.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

You mean that topper where a man kills people by shooting them, maybe innocent ones as well?! I can't believe people wanting to have that in their homes. </sarcasm>
On a serious note: I never understand the 'with blood is very bad and harmfull for kids, but killed without blood is no problem at all'-idea. And the 'it's an innocent woman!', but a dead man is probably not innocent(?!), so that's no problem at all somehow.

Also how violence is ok, but heaven forbid you show a topless woman or use a dirty word

I loved a skit in The Onion movie where everyone gathers for game night, but instead of a murder mystery it's a rape mystery. And the host gets very indignant when someone is upset "what, it's ok to pretend to have someone brutally murdered but not to pretend to play something with a lesser crime where no one is killed?"

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

So now we can't even beat a horse that is already dead?

#607 2 years ago

ok so i just googled " dead horse women" good theme for reskin or no?

Naked woman, 21, climbed inside gutted dead horse because she wanted to 'feel at one' – and no charges were brought
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 05:57 EDT, 1 November 2011

View comments
Oregon police say they will not file charges against a 21-year-old woman after pictures of her climbing naked inside the carcass of a dead horse surfaced online.

Disturbing photos of the Portland-area woman, whose name has not been released, show her small frame soaked in blood smiling at the camera.

The woman, whose boyfriend took the pictures, said she wanted to 'feel one' with the horse, according to an incident report.

But despite the graphic and disturbing nature of the photographs, Washington County investigators say the couple did not break the law.

#608 2 years ago

So American built and shipped out 20 or so Vallhallas, to bar locations and arcades and Expo.....

Is American going strait into production?
Has anyone got a game at home yet?

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

So American built and shipped out 20 or so Vallhallas, to bar locations and arcades and Expo.....
Is American going strait into production?
Has anyone got a game at home yet?

My understanding is that they are in production right now. I don't think anyone has gotten one in a home yet. I know I haven't. I expect the wait will be several months, which I'm fine with.

#610 2 years ago

Legends of Valhalla voted Best in Show for Modern Pinball at Midwest Gaming Classic!

0190A69C-48F8-4E86-8E54-78FFC9E22F0B (resized).jpeg0190A69C-48F8-4E86-8E54-78FFC9E22F0B (resized).jpeg7733D54A-3F27-4503-BD0C-79F3A8BDB8A1 (resized).jpeg7733D54A-3F27-4503-BD0C-79F3A8BDB8A1 (resized).jpeg
#611 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Legends of Valhalla voted Best in Show for Modern Pinball at Midwest Gaming Classic!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Just another confirmation that this is an incredible game. I’m anxious for my order to arrive…got a premier spot set aside in my collection for it. Way to go, Riot. Way to go, AP!

#612 2 years ago

I can’t for the life of me understand why people are making a big deal about the artwork. I think it looks cool and is in keeping with the theme. Vikings WERE violent. The whole theme is about getting to Valhalla, which was the hall of the slain for warriors who died in battle. And whatever the supposed backstory, there were women warriors back then and men fought women in battle. Didn’t any of you see the Viking series on The History Channel?
All this bitching about the artwork is just like all the bitching on the Cactus Canyon Remake thread about whether CGC will make the topper available to SE buyers. What in the hell is wrong with this community? We have two awesome games released by two great companies at reasonable prices compared to what Stern and JJP are doing to us. Let’s celebrate that and enjoy these games!!!!

When this pin is slided in between the other 2 , I don't even see the art...heck don't add the art on sides and give me 2k off price...lol

Quoted from Vegas9:

Who's who here??? intros please.

#613 2 years ago

From left to right: Steve Bowden, David Fix (Director), Michael Grant (Senior Sales and Marketing [me]), Dave Brennan (Service)

#614 2 years ago

I got a chance to see this in person, and watch it go for about 4 minutes. The Odin figure is garbage. Thats my only real asthetic complaint. I really liked the flow, it plays through modes like a video game, as in, if you beat the mode, it drops you into the next one without having to do certain shots. There are 16 modes plus 2 wizard modes. From what I was told, there are only 20-25 actual machines made currently and all but 5 are on location. However as soon as I was ready to drop in quarters, the code crashed. They filled me in that they are still working through some bugs in the code and periodically the code gets corrupted and needs to be reloaded. So hopefully they get this hammered out before they start shipping. All in all it looks pretty cool espicially when you consider this started as a home brew.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I got a chance to see this in person, and watch it go for about 4 minutes. The Odin figure is garbage. Thats my only real asthetic complaint. I really liked the flow, it plays through modes like a video game, as in, if you beat the mode, it drops you into the next one without having to do certain shots. There are 16 modes plus 2 wizard modes. From what I was told, there are only 20-25 actual machines made currently and all but 5 are on location. However as soon as I was ready to drop in quarters, the code crashed. They filled me in that they are still working through some bugs in the code and periodically the code gets corrupted and needs to be reloaded. So hopefully they get this hammered out before they start shipping. All in all it looks pretty cool espicially when you consider this started as a home brew.

We can fix the Odin, or maybe they will with so many sales coming in. Let them make some money and who knows....

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We can fix the Odin, or maybe they will with so many sales coming in. Let them make some money and who knows....

Exactly my thoughts with Odin. Thats not going to stop me from owning one at some point. All in all it's a really decent machine.

And I love what this leaves open for the future. This was designed by two guys, in a garage. They did everything and then American decided to pick it up. Stern has been the 900lb gorilla for a while and this I believe could shake up the market and add some more competetion. If they can figure out how to get a model at the same price or $2-$300 below a Stern pro it could be a gangbuster. Not trying to bash Stern per say, but these multiple price increases and toppers that are over a $1k, all rub me the wrong way. A more diverse free market makes companies compete for our cash.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Exactly my thoughts with Odin. Thats not going to stop me from owning one at some point. All in all it's a really decent machine.
And I love what this leaves open for the future. This was designed by two guys, in a garage. They did everything and then American decided to pick it up. Stern has been the 900lb gorilla for a while and this I believe could shake up the market and add some more competetion. If they can figure out how to get a model at the same price or $2-$300 below a Stern pro it could be a gangbuster. Not trying to bash Stern per say, but these multiple price increases and toppers that are over a $1k, all rub me the wrong way. A more diverse free market makes companies compete for our cash.

agreed 1000%.

I dumped my 3 sterns and rebuilding my collection. I am spreading the money around this time around. I support the smaller owners.

Pinball Brothers- Aliens - ordered.

AP- LOV- ordered.

Ordering a VP for the wifey to play all the old school pins, hell I will jump in on some gilligan's island...lol

That's it for now.

P.S if a Matrix or John Wick were to come out....take my money regardless who makes it. LOL.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

it plays through modes like a video game, as in, if you beat the mode, it drops you into the next one without having to do certain shots.

You still have to hit one of the mode start shots. The only block to playing certain modes is the number of weapons you’ve collected. The more weapons you have, the more tiers of modes that are available to you.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

From left to right: Steve Bowden, David Fix (Director), Michael Grant (Senior Sales and Marketing [me]), Dave Brennan (Service)

Hi Michael. Sent you an email recently. When you get a chance to respond I'd appreciate it.
I realize you have been busy with the two recent shows. Nice reveal !

#620 2 years ago

No actually if you complete a battle (defeat the legend) you get a bonus battle to play immediately. If you fail you have to hit the scoop / shooter lane to start the next battle provided no other modes are running.

You are Correct that weapons are needed to enable the last 12 battles (4 are available at start)
2 weapons for 8 battles
5 weapons for 12 battles
9 weapons for all 16 battles

Thor’s hammer and Valkyries are battle helpers too

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You still have to hit one of the mode start shots. The only block to playing certain modes is the number of weapons you’ve collected. The more weapons you have, the more tiers of modes that are available to you.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No actually if you complete a battle (defeat the legend) you get a bonus battle to play immediately. If you fail you have to hit the scoop / shooter lane to start the next battle provided no other modes are running.
You are Correct that weapons are needed to enable the last 12 battles (4 are available at start)
2 weapons for 8 battles
5 weapons for 12 battles

Gotcha. What if I have exhausted all my available battles? I guess I go back to single ball until I have enough weapons to play more modes?

#622 2 years ago

Right. You will get a message saying "Collect more weapons", so collect more weapons and get back in there!
Now if you play all 16 battles, well then you get to RAGNAROK!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotcha. What if I have exhausted all my available battles? I guess I go back to single ball until I have enough weapons to play more modes?

#623 2 years ago

2 weapons for 8 battles
5 weapons for 12 battles

Can weapons only be earned through the weapon shots or are any awarded upon succesful completion of a mode?

#624 2 years ago

1) hit the left ramp, it lights a weapon to collect. run over that weapon to collect.
2) get weapons as a mystery award
3) get weapons during War of the Clans mode (if weapons is the designated award)
4) Hands free skill shot awards 1 weapon

Weapons carry over from ball to ball so get them early!

Quoted from NovaCade:

Can weapons only be earned through the weapon shots or are any awarded upon successful completion of a mode?

#626 2 years ago

Now if you play all 16 battles, well then you get to RAGNAROK!

Frank, is RAGNAROK a multiball? Valhalla is a single ball wizard mode?

From what I've seen on the stream, maybe it would be a good idea to add a "health bar" to the battles. I saw it show how many shots there are left but I can't see the progress.

#627 2 years ago

When does the magnet below the hammer get used? Is it only when you activate the hammer or do certain modes use this magnet?

#628 2 years ago

Ragnarok is a 6 ball multi ball with 57 shots. 3 levels x 19 shots

Health bar would be cool. Will think about it.

Quoted from Twister:

Frank, is RAGNAROK a multiball? Valhalla is a single ball wizard mode?
From what I've seen on the stream, maybe it would be a good idea to add a "health bar" to the battles. I saw it show how many shots there are left but I can't see the progress.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Hmm, that crash worries me. I had a lot of trouble with buggy code when I owned Oktoberfest. Many crashes and freezes-sometimes in the service menu, sometimes in game.

2 weapons for 8 battles
5 weapons for 12 battles

This is just like Elvira's House of Horrors, where if you actually finish a movie/mode, then you start a brief bonus mode, afterwhich the house is immediately lit for the next mode. Normally you have to hit the house an increasing number of times after each mode. I really like this type of thing, as it gives you an extra incentive to complete your modes, and when you're having a good game you can really build momentum.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, that crash worries me. I had a lot of trouble with buggy code when I owned Oktoberfest. Many crashes and freezes-sometimes in the service menu, sometimes in game.

This is just like Elvira's House of Horrors, where if you actually finish a movie/mode, then you start a brief bonus mode, afterwhich the house is immediately lit for the next mode. Normally you have to hit the house an increasing number of times after each mode. I really like this type of thing, as it gives you an extra incentive to complete your modes, and when you're having a good game you can really build momentum.

I wouldn't really be too concerned yet. This is a minor bug on a game that technically isn't fully released yet. I look at them having 20 machines out in the wild on location only, as a beta test for the game. If this was an issue thousands of people had upon delivery it would be a bit different. But this is how bugs are found and fixed.

#631 2 years ago

Quick note about the flipper power. I played multiple machines at both Expo and MGC...probably all of the LoVs at each show (and I'm 99% sure they were literally the same machines). The flippers at Expo definitely felt weak. Shots were make-able, but seemed to be just barely in some cases. At MGC they felt like completely different flippers. Strong, snappy, and easily powerful enough for any shot on the game. They felt very much like Stern flippers to me.

MGC has it's own custom made, dedicated power grid with PLENTY of juice, and it sounds like the Expo power may have been lacking in some areas. So either they cranked up the power on all the flippers between shows (less likely) or having adequate power made a HUGE difference (very likely).

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Quick note about the flipper power. I played multiple machines at both Expo and MGC...probably all of the LoVs at each show (and I'm 99% sure they were literally the same machines). The flippers at Expo definitely felt weak. Shots were make-able, but seemed to be just barely in some cases. At MGC they felt like completely different flippers. Strong, snappy, and easily powerful enough for any shot on the game. They felt very much like Stern flippers to me.
MGC has it's own custom made, dedicated power grid with PLENTY of juice, and it sounds like the Expo power may have been lacking in some areas. So either they cranked up the power on all the flippers between shows (less likely) or having adequate power made a HUGE difference (very likely).

Good info. Thanks

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Crazy that Chicago expo doesn’t have that at the top of their priority list.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I played 5 of them at MGC, and the flippers felt weak. I was not at Expo so can't comment on the comparison, but some of the machines struggled to get the shot up the center ramp. Looks like a great game overall.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I played 5 of them at MGC, and the flippers felt weak. I was not at Expo so can't comment on the comparison, but some of the machines struggled to get the shot up the center ramp. Looks like a great game overall.

Weird. I played them every day of the show and never felt that. Of course, I was pretty much a zombie by the time I got to play anything, LOL. But they were definitely 100% better than at Expo.

#636 2 years ago

Legends have arrived at Helicon Brewing today!

123_1(35) (resized).jpeg123_1(35) (resized).jpeg
#637 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Do you think they could have got a smaller trophy?

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Legends have arrived at Helicon Brewing today!
[quoted image]

Deluxe version I presume? Is this one of the field demo/beta test models or is this a full production model?

#639 2 years ago

Streaming LOV this Friday 8pm CST twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Streaming LOV this Saturday 8pm CST twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Any rough idea when these are going to ship? Thanks.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Any rough idea when these are going to ship?

I don’t have sales info. Steve Bowden will need to communicate that.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Deluxe version I presume? Is this one of the field demo/beta test models or is this a full production model?

Production model. Sorry for the late reply. Shattered my phone yesterday

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I don’t have sales info. Steve Bowden will need to communicate that.

So Steve Bowden has filled Michael Grant's position ? Also good luck and Best wishes to Michael Grant at his new job. I am sure he will be missed at AP and also be a great addition at his new place of work.

Shout out to Michael for doing a great job during his tenure at AP ! Always enjoyed communications with him via net and phone.

It would be nice if AP would communicate what the pricing will be for the Classic model. Still unknown. Or unkown when they will announce the pricing. I emailed David Fix about the same time as Michaels departure as Michael deferred me to Mr. Fix, but have had no response on that question.

If Steve Bowden could shed any light on this question I am sure there a number of folks that are wondering about Classic models.

#644 2 years ago

Usually American has games ready to ship at the time of announcement so I am surprised we have not seen much action,

Maybe production problems!

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Usually American has games ready to ship at the time of announcement so I am surprised we have not seen much action,
Maybe production problems!

Probably more like parts shortages affecting every other manufacturer.

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Streaming LOV this Friday 8pm CST twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Very nice stream, I liked it very much. I can't wait to get mine, I hope in Q1 2022.

I really like the soundtrack of Two steps from Hell. A jukebox mode in attract mode would be cool ...

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

A jukebox mode in attract mode would be cool ...

I may have bent Frank's ear on this

#648 2 years ago

Yes, warming up to the idea. We'll see

Quoted from brenna98:

I may have bent Frank's ear on this

#649 2 years ago

Great
Maybe you can also think about my suggestion about the health bar in the battles

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So Steve Bowden has filled Michael Grant's position ? Also good luck and Best wishes to Michael Grant at his new job. I am sure he will be missed at AP and also be a great addition at his new place of work.
Shout out to Michael for doing a great job during his tenure at AP ! Always enjoyed communications with him via net and phone.
It would be nice if AP would communicate what the pricing will be for the Classic model. Still unknown. Or unknown when they will announce the pricing. I emailed David Fix about the same time as Michaels departure as Michael deferred me to Mr. Fix, but have had no response on that question.
If Steve Bowden could shed any light on this question I am sure there a number of folks that are wondering about Classic models.

Still no word on Classic pricing or when it might be known. Mr. Fix has not replied to my email yet. AP has always been responsive in the past so I will hang in there and I am still patiently waiting for some communication regarding the Classic model.

If Mr. Fix or Mr. Bowden could address this I would appreciate any information.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/13?hl=vegas9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.