(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

From the floor games, my opinion was this:
Music is fitting and good.
The gold apron type is impossible to read. Even if you get your eyeballs 1’ from it.
The center shot was really hard to get enough oomph to get up. Annoyingly so.
You get some rattle when you try to hit that loop shot by the octopus and don’t exactly nail it. It’s great when you hit it right and the mag effect is cool.
Drop target to nowhere…meh.
The 3D printed ship doesn’t look the best, kinda chinsy how it fits together.
Floating Throne guy is better is person.. but still not sure I love him.
The hand painting on the 3D printed parts like the shields — just doesn’t look as professional as I would like.
Really hard to hit the upper lanes.. maybe that was just me though.
Mirrored back glass looks badass, really like the art.
Ship lock is cool — had a hard time timing the flip to it though.
Overall though I enjoyed playing it.

Spot on assessment almost the same list I had in my head while playing especially that apron?? I will assume the flippers were dialed back for the show which API does at some shows but still worked without issue. Really fun game and looked much better in person. Did have one game where all the balls were locked and it called out a multiball but only one ball was released? Just kept giving back that one ball. None the less a lot of fun and a great execution from API and Riot.

EBBFAAE9-9EC9-47FC-88C2-B34F684C007A (resized).jpegEBBFAAE9-9EC9-47FC-88C2-B34F684C007A (resized).jpeg
#552 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

The gold apron type is impossible to read. Even if you get your eyeballs 1’ from it.
You get some rattle when you try to hit that loop shot by the octopus and don’t exactly nail it. It’s great when you hit it right and the mag effect is cool.
The hand painting on the 3D printed parts like the shields — just doesn’t look as professional as I would like.

Thanks for the great assessment; Took me a while to dial-in my HW, but now it plays smooth and fast. There were some creases in the ball guides that I had to fix as they would cause some rattlers. I also took the liberty to apply some dynamat sound deadening to the back side of the guides to quiet them down.

Sounds like the shot smoothness may be improved with pitch/flipper power. I hope.

I’m glad the art looks good in person, one thing you really can’t change.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Only way is to use Thor’s hammer.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

PinballSTAR, have you started sending out confirmation's of deposits. I paid about 2 hours after launch last week.
Thanks.

Yes they were sent out next day or so... We use email address in paypal as that's all we have to go by - so if that is not one you check please reach out to us [email protected]..

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Spot on assessment almost the same list I had in my head while playing especially that apron?? I will assume the flippers were dialed back for the show which API does at some shows but still worked without issue. Really fun game and looked much better in person. Did have one game where all the balls were locked and it called out a multiball but only one ball was released? Just kept giving back that one ball. None the less a lot of fun and a great execution from API and Riot.[quoted image]

Glad to hear it looks better in person .

I play the game not the side art .

Hopefully, "someone" is looking to replace/mod the ship with a cooler model (hint ...hint).

Not sure how I feel about Odin. Will wait to see him in person. Another Mod opportunity.

#556 2 years ago

Covering the boat with that weird dome thing was a wasted opportunity. A visible ball lock where you’re recruiting crew members to start a voyage / raid multiball would be cool as you watch the boat fill up .

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Yes they were sent out next day or so... We use email address in paypal as that's all we have to go by - so if that is not one you check please reach out to us [email protected]..

Yeah lost in space. I emailed...tyty

#558 2 years ago

I played a number of games and think LOV would make a great addition, and provide variety to a home collection.

Odin, the ship, and hammer all look good and fit well with the art style. It’s not Stern or JJP polished but also doesn’t look home-brew and if you want more of the same then this probably isn’t the machine for you.

My only negative, and it’s potentially a show stopper for me, is flipper feel/power. I didn’t have a problem making any of the shots with maybe the exception of the center ramp, but the flippers just lacked any “snap,” which took away from a satisfying feel/feedback. I owned Hot Wheels and felt the flippers were fine and am not looking for supercharged Stern flippers. Maybe it was just lower voltage at the show or some easy tuning by API. The slings also seemed somewhat weak. Look forward to hearing feedback from owners in a home setting.

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only way is to use Thor’s hammer.

Aghhh ok - I never figured out what the 3rd flipper button was for. That makes so much more sense!

Regarding flippers being possibly dialed back — I don’t get doing this when it significantly affects gameplay. Stern flippers are always strong as hell on show games. All the GnRs I played also felt sooo limp- makes that game so much less enjoyable.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Aghhh ok - I never figured out what the 3rd flipper button was for. That makes so much more sense!
Regarding flippers being possibly dialed back — I don’t get doing this when it significantly affects gameplay. Stern flippers are always strong as hell on show games. All the GnRs I played also felt sooo limp- makes that game so much less enjoyable.

Agreed. I’ll never get why the other companies do this with their flippers.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. I’ll never get why the other companies do this with their flippers.

Appreciate the info on the hammer. Figured I was missing something. Could be many reasons on the flippers, low building power, thousands of continious plays, factory cautious settings for breakage, prototype setup, leveling. From all the API games I have owned (except the early Houdini....) their flippers are on par with most any game out there with pletty of power to set to your liking. Game really played well and was glad I got to order one.

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

low building power,

I’m going to say this wasn’t it. The first thing the EXPO organizers did was make sure the venue had plenty of power.

You never hear about sterns having soggy flippers at shows.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m going to say this wasn’t it. The first thing the EXPO organizers did was make sure the venue had plenty of power.
You never hear about sterns having soggy flippers at shows.

Just throwing that out as my houdini at 119v vs 120v played like a limp noodle.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just throwing that out as my houdini at 119v vs 120v played like a limp noodle.

Bummer. Crazy they wouldn’t make that a high priority. I guess they didn’t.

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. Crazy they wouldn’t make that a high priority. I guess they didn’t.

In fairness they did but long after I gave up and sold the game. Good company the game just needed to long to work the bugs out. Would own a Houdini again with all the known fixes in place.

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In fairness they did but long after I gave up and sold the game. Good company the game just needed to long to work the bugs out. Would own a Houdini again with all the known fixes in place.

Oh your talking the actual legit power issues in Houdini. I was saying the power at Expo most likely isn’t an issue. It’s the default flipper power on AP and JJP games. Oktoberfest and hot wheels have no issues but def need a bump from stock. And they suffer from decent fade. Fans recommended for sure.

#567 2 years ago

maybe there is something to the complaints with American Pinball . All I know I have had 100% satisfaction with them and anticipate a another quality game like my Oktoberfest.I want the standard game at 6500.00 . I hate the price gouging from other manufactures , nearly all sales are from private consumers . But hey they will keep increases as long as you buy.

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh your talking the actual legit power issues in Houdini. I was saying the power at Expo most likely isn’t an issue. It’s the default flipper power on AP and JJP games. Oktoberfest and hot wheels have no issues but def need a bump from stock. And they suffer from decent fade. Fans recommended for sure.

Wow, this is really making me debate my purchase. If they lowered the flipper strength for the expo, I wish they’d tell us. Otherwise I’m not certain I want to buy a machine that has difficulty getting the ball up the ramp, especially when the game is new.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Wow, this is really making me debate my purchase. If they lowered the flipper strength for the expo, I wish they’d tell us. Otherwise I’m not certain I want to buy a machine that has difficulty getting the ball up the ramp, especially when the game is new.

You can adjust the flipper power. It’s not an issue imo. And the prototypes used the same system to power the flippers and it never had issues with the shots.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

These are machines that are being played over and over again at Expo. If you've ever watched any videos or streams with coil temp readings (I think Karl DeAngelo/iePinball has some), the flipper coil temps steadily ramp up during play and stay that way unless they get a long cool off period of at least 15 minutes. Both Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels have good flippers. Houdini eventually did as well, but I have one with their first model power supply, which causes flipper fade during multiballs or after long sessions. In my game room for any game I have a personal rule of 45 mins in a row max on one machine, then go play other pins and let that one cool down for 15-30.

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

We did not lower the flipper power for expo. The amperage at our booth was lacking.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Sounds pretty mixed. Curious whether AP is regretting increasing Deluxe units to 500. Higher aftermarket pricing would increase demand for future products, sight unseen in many cases. Yet they went from sold out in a day at 300 to now at 500 still having plenty of distributors running ads a week later even after more people have had a chance to play the game. Seems they overplayed their hand.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Sounds pretty mixed. Curious whether AP is regretting increasing Deluxe units to 500. Higher aftermarket pricing would increase demand for future products, sight unseen in many cases. Yet they went from sold out in a day at 300 to now at 500 still having plenty of distributors running ads a week later even after more people have had a chance to play the game. Seems they overplayed their hand.

They sold all 500 to distributors. AP has their money.

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

We did not lower the flipper power for expo. The amperage at our booth was lacking.

I really appreciate the response. Thank you for keeping boots on the ground and answering pertinent questions towards the machine. I’ve been watching Riot build this machine for awhile and really excited about it.

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They sold all 500 to distributors. AP has their money.

Supply > demand is the point. Not the case with the other vendors. I think they would have been better off over the long run sticking with the initial plan.

#576 2 years ago

Is it unusual that they have not announced the pricing for the standard or did I miss it?

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You need help.

Quoted from FlippyD:

Okay guys, stop feeding the troll, let's get back to talking about LOV.
FYI The dude is a troll: [quoted image]

He’s the worst of the worst!

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Supply > demand is the point. Not the case with the other vendors. I think they would have been better off over the long run sticking with the initial plan.

Personally I think they actually hit the right mark as there are still a few to go around with many months wait to give more people a chance to get one. See GZLe and CCrLe as a reference to how buyers can turn on a company when they don’t even get a chance to buy minutes after release. I think API made the right long term choice.

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Personally I think they actually hit the right mark as there are still a few to go around with many months wait to give more people a chance to get one. See GZLe and CCrLe as a reference to how buyers can turn on a company when they don’t even get a chance to buy minutes after release. I think API made the right long term choice.

But those games are sold out.

Perhaps not all, but many people buy with confidence these days, even on themes where they have borderline interest, knowing if they change their mind on a game after owning and playing it for a while that their investment is at least mostly protected. (And, yes, that creates bad actors as well.) Not really the case with AP. I agree that it is helpful to the community to be able to have more time to see and play a game before deciding to buy. But wouldn’t the better business model be the one with higher demand for its products?

Sticking to 300 units on the Deluxe, and limiting the overall unit number would help support secondary values. This would in turn continue to build more demand over time and enable larger unit runs - both limited and standard. See Spooky’s progression over the last few games.

#580 2 years ago

It's still not a high number of LE's compared to Stern with 1000 Godzillas...
They just made the mistake of telling everybody the limit is just 300 machines.
The prices increase, everybody is talking more about value and money not about the game itself or how fun it is.

Look at sterns Elvira, you buy a super limited edition and they bring out an super deluxe wtf 199 ultra money making edition.

LE's are part of the game right now.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Look at sterns Elvira, you buy a super limited edition and they bring out an super deluxe wtf 199 ultra money making edition.
LE's are part of the game right now.

well, 10 years to wait for the super mega deluxe edition, 50 pins for the 50 years !?

#582 2 years ago

Did AP mention when production will be kicking off or how long they expect to take to finish off all 500 games?

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Is it unusual that they have not announced the pricing for the standard or did I miss it?

Yes, it is unusual. Still haven’t seen it.
Securing LE buyers seems to be the focus at this point.
I’ll look to revisit this title down the line.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

They have not announced it, and that is unusual.

They might lose some potential buyers of the LOV Standard edition to other recent releases by not revealing the price of it....

#585 2 years ago

So to come back to the cabinet art thing for sec (I know, I know), the Loserkids just reported on their latest episode that they talked to one of the designers at Expo.

And the story is apparently that you are a Viking just returned from your latest voyage, and that you come home to find YOUR home burned down, and YOUR wife murdered. And so you are on the path of vengeance and glory or something. And that your deceased wife becomes the Valkyrie on the backbox art, apparently.

I feel like that backstory should have been put forth from the start, as it casts the art in a completely different light. If that's the actual storyline, then it probably would have helped to not have the Viking covered in blood.

Anyway, listening to Loserkids was the first time I heard this backstory, and so I thought it was worth sharing.

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So to come back to the cabinet art thing for sec (I know, I know), the Loserkids just reported on their latest episode that they talked to one of the designers at Expo.
And the story is apparently that you are a Viking just returned from your latest voyage, and that you come home to find YOUR home burned down, and YOUR wife murdered. And so you are on the path of vengeance and glory or something. And that your deceased wife becomes the Valkyrie on the backbox art, apparently.
I feel like that backstory should have been put forth from the start, as it casts the art in a completely different light. If that's the actual storyline, then it probably would have helped to not have the Viking covered in blood.
Anyway, listening to Loserkids was the first time I heard this backstory, and so I thought it was worth sharing.

This is a great explanation! Hopefully, this puts this to rest. Interesting how people make backstories or meanings on things in their own minds, but the actual truth is so different.

#587 2 years ago

Well well...shame on those who accused the vikings, the vikings are innocent!

#588 2 years ago

So, does anyone have any video to share from the shows?

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This is a great explanation! Hopefully, this puts this to rest. Interesting how people make backstories or meanings on things in their own minds, but the actual truth is so different.

It's more like you look at the art and make up a story in your mind based on what you see. No explanation to change that impression should be needed unless the side of a pinball machine has been elevated to art status.

I don't look at that graphic and get a husband avenging his murdered wife as a first or second thought. ,why is he smiling with blood all over him and his sword?

A mystery best adressed by putting the game in the middle of a lineup and forgetting about it.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

It's more like you look at the art and make up a story in your mind based on what you see.
I don't look at that graphic and get a husband avenging his murdered wife as a first or second thought. ,why is he smiling with blood all over him?
Is there any part of the gameplay or play field graphics that reinforces the murdered wife theme?

Actually, my wife saw the murdered wife/burned home before it was explained…days ago. And explained the how the husband/warrior looked as avenging her death. I guess, it’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

why is he smiling with blood all over him?

I'm not sure why I'm getting mixed up in this, but why do you think he's smiling? To me it looks like he's in (or about to be in) combat with someone.

#592 2 years ago

There is a 2 hour jack danger stream of the game on his dead flip channel recorded a few days before expo.
There was also a 4 hour stream from pinball gallery on the rage tilt pinball channel on the arcade release day the weekend before.

Today starts Midwest gaming classic and there will be 6 (I think) games there fri and sat for play. And the 11 arcades Across the USA that have the game too. So some opportunities to play the game in person.

Quoted from dnapac:

So, does anyone have any video to share from the shows?

#593 2 years ago

Anyone heard when these are going to start shipping to customers?(not counting the 11 locations they are at currently).

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Anyone heard when these are going to start shipping to customers?(not counting the 11 locations they are at currently).

Yes. I’d like to know that too.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I'm not sure why I'm getting mixed up in this, but why do you think he's smiling? To me it looks like he's in (or about to be in) combat with someone.

i got mixed up by coming to the thread and checking if they have announced pricing for the classic model and ending up commenting on the side cabinet ., i wouldn't mind one depending on the price but if i have to wait a gazillion years until they start building them 4 or 5 other cool games will come out and i will lose interest.

i have not seen the art up close so maybe smiling is the wrong word "exhilarated" maybe?

if the " hero avenging the death of wife " was the intended theme of the cabinet and part of the backstory for the objective of the game , its not mentioned in the marketing blurbs or referenced anywhere on the playfield - crazy no? ( i do like the woman with the tight bodice on the playfield though, is that the wife pre demise?)

#596 2 years ago

LOV is on the production line now. They have games made and will notify distributors when they begin shipping.

Quoted from pinballjj:

i got mixed up by coming to the thread and checking if they have announced pricing for the classic model and ending up
commenting on the side cabinet ., i wouldn't mind one depending on the price but if i have to wait a gazillion years until they start building them 4 or 5 other cool games will come out and i will lose interest.
i have not seen the art up close so maybe smiling is the wrong word "exhilarated" maybe?
if the " hero avenging the death of wife " was the intended theme of the cabinet and part of the backstory for the objective of the game , its not mentioned in the marketing blurbs or referenced anywhere on the playfield - crazy no? ( i do like the woman with the tight bodice on the playfield though, is that the wife pre demise?)

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Interesting how people make backstories or meanings on things in their own minds, but the actual truth is so different.

Because the art doesn't leave any context clues to draw you to that conclusion. So many will go with the most simplistic interpretation: he murdered a woman while pillaging.

Who is the guy on the cabinet? Is it supposed to be the player finding his dead wife or the murderer of the wife? If it's supposed to be the player, who is the similar yet different character on the backglass?

Again, I'm not "offended" by the art. I think it's not well executed if it's supposed to be setting up a story of revenge.

#598 2 years ago

I can’t for the life of me understand why people are making a big deal about the artwork. I think it looks cool and is in keeping with the theme. Vikings WERE violent. The whole theme is about getting to Valhalla, which was the hall of the slain for warriors who died in battle. And whatever the supposed backstory, there were women warriors back then and men fought women in battle. Didn’t any of you see the Viking series on The History Channel?

All this bitching about the artwork is just like all the bitching on the Cactus Canyon Remake thread about whether CGC will make the topper available to SE buyers. What in the hell is wrong with this community? We have two awesome games released by two great companies at reasonable prices compared to what Stern and JJP are doing to us. Let’s celebrate that and enjoy these games!!!!

#599 2 years ago

bitching? nah just playing arm chair pinball graphics designer,

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

All this bitching about the artwork is just like all the bitching on the Cactus Canyon Remake thread about whether CGC will make the topper available to SE buyers. What in the hell is wrong with this community? We have two awesome games released by two great companies at reasonable prices compared to what Stern and JJP are doing to us. Let’s celebrate that and enjoy these games!!!!

They have little else in their life.
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gifsome-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/12?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.