(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I played it today at Expo. LOVE it!!!!

Can you describe a little more about what was so great? It looks like it shoots amazing and there's a ton to do...

#502 2 years ago

Lots of modes and cool shots. It helped to have Steve showing us the shots and what to do.

IMG_20211028_130813 (resized).jpgIMG_20211028_130813 (resized).jpg
#503 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:Lots of modes and cool shots. It helped to have Steve showing us the shots and what to do.
[quoted image]

Both Steve and American Pinball should be happy they’ve finally teamed up!

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Both Steve and American Pinball should be happy they’ve finally teamed up!

Watching Steve and Michael from AP jam on LOV on DEad Flip's show was awesome. They play at such a high and energetic level of focus and skill. Just in the 30 mins or so I was watching I saw 2 or 3 new techniques I want to try out.

#505 2 years ago

Anyone get an approximate date from their distro on one yet?

#506 2 years ago

Maybe someone already mentioned it but I am not seeing any pop-bumpers. Does this game not have them or am I just missing them?

#507 2 years ago

No pops. Seems to be a trend lately to have none or one!

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Anyone get an approximate date from their distro on one yet?

With the original 300 projected AP said it would take 6 months. Since they added an additional 200 to the limited run, it could take longer...unless they expand their capacity to produce games. I'm fine with it taking 6 months or longer as long as the quality remains at previous AP standards.

#509 2 years ago

I miss the lady saying "Combo".

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

No pops. Seems to be a trend lately to have none or one!

It's a good trend. Pops are fine, and can still be used well, but a lot of games seem to just include them "because", and they don't add much except a familiar experience. I think there was a mandate at Stern for ages (the way I heard it at least) that all games had to have classic pops because Gary said so. If that's true and not just a pinball urban legend I'm glad it's been relaxed.

When you're at Expo you're having a good time and not frantically posting to the internet. Everyone who's there, hope you're enjoying yourselves, we can wait. But when you're stuck on the plane ride home give us your thoughts!

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

To bad they don't have the video content from Assassins creed Valhalla. I thought they might surprise us with this tie in.

With warrior women, they may get killed...I'm out...LOL

(resized).png (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#512 2 years ago

I have a thematic criticism after watching the streams again. There is too much flow. There should be more chopping wood. That would feel more Nordic yes?

#513 2 years ago

I really like the side art.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

And you own a Dracula??

I'm sympathetic to the stance, I didn't say I share it. I think context matters, of course. Wife Beater the Pinball game, bad. Vikings doing viking things? Honestly I don't have a stance.

#515 2 years ago

Got a couple of games in at expo. Feels pretty fun and shoots nice! One that I think I'd like to dive into some more.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'm sympathetic to the stance, I didn't say I share it. I think context matters, of course. Wife Beater the Pinball game, bad. Vikings doing viking things? Honestly I don't have a stance.

LOL, just yanking your chain a bit. Couldn't resist.

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

An actors gun, with blanks…lol/

I almost spit my drink out on my computer after reading this and subsequent responses about guns, actors, and blanks. This was the troll of the year here folks. I would push that "I" button, but sometimes you get gold. Glad he got the broken record though becuase if there is ever an example this is it.

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I really like the side art.

The cabinet art? Because there's no side art blades on this as far as I've seen, which is odd since their previous three games came with them. I hope they still make them as side art blades are one of my few must-have mods.

#519 2 years ago

Wow!!! Just watched Hardy’s Expo vid, and LOV looks so great! The mirrored back glass is stellar!! Can’t wait to get my DX (does that work for deluxe)? Can’t believe AP is gonna need 6 months for 500 though. I think they can do it quicker.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:The cabinet art? Because there's no side art blades on this as far as I've seen, which is odd since their previous three games came with them. I hope they still make them as side art blades are one of my few must-have mods.

You know, the one depicting the Viking killing that woman. Oh sorry, "innocent woman" apparently.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think some people may just be testing the "thumbs abuse policy" over and over......

Got one.

#522 2 years ago

What do people think of the black apron with shiny copy? From the videos it looks like you can't read it all and a fail? Not sure how it would read in a dark arcade like mine?

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What do people think of the black apron with shiny copy? From the videos it looks like you can't read it all and a fail? Not sure how it would read in a dark arcade like mine?

Good question! It looked like a gold mirror print on black. Probably super hard to read but super cool in the right light. But in a dark room it might just look like a black and blank apron.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Good question! It looked like a gold mirror print on black. Probably super hard to read but super cool in the right light. But in a dark room it might just look like a black and blank apron.

People read those?

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Hard to read at expo in the vendor hall (IMHO)

#526 2 years ago

I still want the girl to say “combo”. There’s so much testosterone, it’s nice to hear a sexy ladies voice or did she become the cabinet art. Hahah

#527 2 years ago

I am so pumped for this game to get delivered...I didn't have time to watch the entire DeadFlip stream.

Were there any comments about them updating the animations? I'm assuming they will, but just curious if they mentioned it.

Also, how does the hammer work? I played this at Pinball Gallery and was able to get the Ship multiball, but couldn't play to enough to see the Hammer in action.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Were there any comments about them updating the animations?

No mention of any changes planned for the animations.

If you get the Thor thunder hammer (cannot remember how to get it), when your hit the orbit the magnet grabs the ball, the hammer smashes down then the ball feeds the top lanes. It’s supposed to look like the hammer is smashing the ball down to stop it from doing a full orbit.

#529 2 years ago

Only got to play one game last night, but I thought it was decent. I like the shots, and the code seems to already be in a good place.

The game had a pretty constant flow of people playing it, but it also needed a lot of attention. Glass was off quite a bit and it had to be rebooted several times.

#530 2 years ago

Was a price posted yet? This is gonna be the sink-or-swim aspect here I think.
Lots of great reviews and good karma, and if it's somewhat near Stern Pro pricing I think a lot of people will be in.

#531 2 years ago

No classic pricing yet.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Was a price posted yet? This is gonna be the sink-or-swim aspect here I think.
Lots of great reviews and good karma, and if it's somewhat near Stern Pro pricing I think a lot of people will be in.

Pricing will be a factor to consider a Classic edition.. Hope it is favorable.

#533 2 years ago

the pin doesnt seem hard to play, watching the video i see no real dangerous shoots/returns, and for sure its more than friendly at the outlanes (may be because i actually have an IRON MAN home ! lol)

hope to soon test it in real

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the pin doesnt seem hard to play, watching the video i see no real dangerous shoots/returns, and for sure its more than friendly at the outlanes (may be because i actually have an IRON MAN home ! lol)
hope to soon test it in real

I was watching a video from 2020 and it appeared the center ramp, if not hit solidly, had a decent chance of draining SDTM. Perhaps that was modified over the last year?

#535 2 years ago

Speaking of drains from the center ramp, this is the first AP game without a center post. Not too late for consideration...

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I was watching a video from 2020 and it appeared the center ramp, if not hit solidly, had a decent chance of draining SDTM.

indeed, you're right (it was with Chuck playing if i'm not wrong)

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Speaking of drains from the center ramp, this is the first AP game without a center post. Not too late for consideration...

than may be in this case no :/

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

First one not designed by Joe Balcer.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I was watching a video from 2020 and it appeared the center ramp, if not hit solidly, had a decent chance of draining SDTM. Perhaps that was modified over the last year?

I didn't see it once in the Deadflip stream, looked like an easy shot

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I didn't see it once in the Deadflip stream, looked like an easy shot

Agreed, but I'm sure they had it set up to play nice. As an example, I'm not sure they even installed a plumb bob on that machine.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is this murdered defenseless woman, depicted as a woman warrior? She’s not, by her attire and the fact that she has no weapon near her. Only the man has weapons with her blood depicted all over them. This is just another attempt to excuse American Pinball of shocking promotion of killing women.
[quoted image]

Maybe she wasn’t murdered. Just maybe she was running gracefully through the woods and tripped. Unfortunately when she fell she may have hit her head on a rock or got impaled by a stick. Just saying stranger things have happened.

#541 2 years ago

The thing is, it's not stupid to dislike the cabinet-art, in spite of the other guy's broken record.

I don’t care if it's not the popular opinion here, but I hate the current depiction. When I'm playing a Viking game, I want to imagine myself battling other warriors and slaying monsters. Not murdering defenseless people. There's no glory or honor in it, so that destroys any sort of fantasy. Would have been better if the corpse was clearly a warrior of some sort, or if there was no corpse at all. I understand actual vikings weren't nice, but that doesn't mean I want to role-play a shameless murderer.

I'm not offended, nor do I want to boycot the game or anything, I just think it's a weird/poor choice. Same with the lime green Godzilla on Stern's latest. Oh well, first world problems!

c4725ff4c8045bb167d0fbb93ebad7f37d1e6765 (resized).jpgc4725ff4c8045bb167d0fbb93ebad7f37d1e6765 (resized).jpg

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Oh well, first world problems!

Prefer not to be a witness to the brutal reality of a viking raid. Gee, civilised world problems!

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

The thing is, it's not stupid to dislike the cabinet-art, in spite of the other guy's broken record.
I don’t care if it's not the popular opinion here, but I hate the current depiction. When I'm playing a Viking game, I want to imagine myself battling other warriors and slaying monsters. Not murdering defenseless people. There's no glory or honor in it, so that destroys any sort of fantasy. Would have been better if the corpse was clearly a warrior of some sort, or if there was no corpse at all. I understand actual vikings weren't nice, but that doesn't mean I want to role-play a shameless murderer.
I'm not offended, nor do I want to boycot the game or anything, I just think it's a weird/poor choice. Same with the lime green Godzilla. Oh well, first world problems!
[quoted image]

I thought we had agreed to stop posting about the side artwork In order to not provoke a response from he who we will not mention..

I share your thoughts on this and pontificated about it a few pages back. It would fit the hero viking theme so much better to show a slain big ugly arch villain or a dragon or the kraken.

If I had this game on the end after a few beers I might ponder what the poor unarmed woman had done to end up that way. Maybe if that was his wife who was killed by the enemy and he is avenging her loss it would work but the way it's done does not suggest that.

Viking related question,anyone watch The Last Frontier on netflix?

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:To bad they don't have the video content from Assassins creed Valhalla. I thought they might surprise us with this tie in.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

There is nothing “awesome” about this extremely vulgar adolescent artwork. It should be boycotted by any and all moral sane thinking people, against murder. AP should be ashamed of themselves for supporting this. They pulled the artwork on Octoberfest for far less.

Thank the God's! There are no snowflakes to hear opine of their personal social injustices in Valhalla while we lap Mead from Heiðrún’s udder.
May the gods bless me to die in battle one day, but not this day!

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Center post is not needed.

#547 2 years ago

So did they ever give us standard price?
Seize the day AP!

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

So did they ever give us standard price?
Seize the day AP!

Yeah, I'd love to know as well. Because most of what will be taken out of the Deluxe isn't super important, seems to be mostly cosmetic chotskies, which can be modded back in. And I've got spare invisiglass anyway, so that's no loss either.

Although, owning Oktoberfest has made me seriously question ever owning another AP again. The software was very buggy and laggy, and not operator-oriented at all. No ability to disable non-working pf mechs or features at all. Every single game feature and mech on Stern pins can be disabled in the service menu, and the rules will compensate and keep the game running. No such feature on Oktoberfest.

Still, a Pro-priced Standard is intriguing.

#549 2 years ago

@pinballstar, have you started sending out confirmation's of deposits. I paid about 2 hours after launch last week.

Thanks.

#550 2 years ago

From the floor games, my opinion was this:

Music is fitting and good.

The gold apron type is impossible to read. Even if you get your eyeballs 1’ from it.

The center shot was really hard to get enough oomph to get up. Annoyingly so.

You get some rattle when you try to hit that loop shot by the octopus and don’t exactly nail it. It’s great when you hit it right and the mag effect is cool.

Drop target to nowhere…meh.

The 3D printed ship doesn’t look the best, kinda chinsy how it fits together.

Floating Throne guy is better is person.. but still not sure I love him.

The hand painting on the 3D printed parts like the shields — just doesn’t look as professional as I would like.

Really hard to hit the upper lanes.. maybe that was just me though.

Mirrored back glass looks badass, really like the art.

Ship lock is cool — had a hard time timing the flip to it though.

Overall though I enjoyed playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.