(Topic ID: 302664)

Legends of Valhalla - REVEALED and ready to order with PinballSTAR !

By PinballSTAR

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C00A4D53-DB68-4EA7-8F58-B9C35C11A384 (resized).jpeg
B133565B-D088-4329-928E-83FAAEC56878 (resized).jpeg
4AEFC52C-6171-4E37-9164-5598FA924E1C (resized).jpeg
537C34B1-BC3C-4347-B9D2-274815FD97AC (resized).jpeg
DA70F72E-7710-4306-8E1F-92B055869E39 (resized).jpeg
4807F317-51AD-4074-A6BF-B515AE12DB06 (resized).jpeg
E022CFA9-2BD8-4704-A478-67EA59031FBF (resized).jpeg
B450A1C2-98E6-4326-B428-FE48554988A1 (resized).jpeg
F786363C-1375-47AF-BA68-69C68AEA112B (resized).jpeg
30F867E9-1557-41B7-A288-FD5940C2EC2C (resized).jpeg
7675B7AD-A9E2-42F6-B615-B614CF856EC2 (resized).jpeg
65F82C63-0568-4EC5-8CEF-3000DCAF2EF9 (resized).jpeg
EEDAA9F5-ED9A-419F-ADEE-74286A072DAE (resized).jpeg
81E554A6-C982-4832-8791-4759EBD1602B (resized).jpeg
5CC533E0-8A03-4D24-948A-CE370857D03A (resized).jpeg
2D70A604-264A-4647-B5D2-206EB22A79B8 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ummmm.....now you're making a joke about the tragic death of a woman?

How is that a correlation? And no, was not referencing that in anyway. Everyone knows actors guns are suppose to have blanks. This is age old rule of Hollywood actors. So don’t try to make this part of the despicable portrayal of women being murdered on the artwork of LOV, cartoon drawing or not.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The sad thing is, this is not true and an attempt to only denigrate my opinions, because they don’t align with your’s. I respect others viewpoints, even when they don’t agree with mine.

Where does it say I disagree about JJP? The point is when you post the exact SAME post incessantly you get ignored as a one-note poster. A troll.

We now know your opinion on the artwork. One post would have been more than enough. But now you have an "in" to repeat it endlessly. Truly in character.

I rarely even read your posts as I already know exactly what they will cover (JJP sux bullet list). You've made your opinion worthless by turning it into a known personal agenda. I've been guilty of this in the past also (faded MMR inserts)... but I'm capable of introspection.

However by appearing in this thread you actually got people's attention and replies and we know for you... that's the *real* agenda.

Kudos dude

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is that a correlation? And no, was not referencing that in anyway. Everyone knows actors guns are suppose to have blanks.

You need help.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You need help.

Would suggest you might be in order of needing the help, trying to draw correlation to a very tragic demise of another person. No joking matter in anyway.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The only one’s that need to see a psychiatrist are those thinking murdering women is okay.

Hey wanna come over my house tomorrow and play Gorgar?

SmartSelect_20211026-005523_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20211026-005523_Chrome (resized).jpg
#456 2 years ago

Okay guys, stop feeding the troll, let's get back to talking about LOV.

FYI The dude is a troll:

6F27C9F9-92C2-4B95-98AD-4129C3B82FA8 (resized).png6F27C9F9-92C2-4B95-98AD-4129C3B82FA8 (resized).png
#457 2 years ago

Just heard the classic version Lords of Valhalla will be limited to 8000.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Just heard the classic version Lords of Valhalla will be limited to 8000.

Damn and I tied all my future income hopes on flipping the thing!

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Okay guys, stop feeding the troll, let's get back to talking about LOV.
FYI The dude is a troll: [quoted image]

Because I’m expressing my shock at depicting murdering women, somehow that makes me a troll? I’m not trolling this in anyway. I’m opposed to the shocking treatment by some people in the pinball community of women. Trying to shut up my opinion by name calling, in this case a troll, does not change the fact LOV’s careless even abhorrent depiction of women, is okay.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Now where would you get that idea? Murdering anyone is abhorrent.

Ignoring the complete irresponsibility of American Pinball on depicting murder on their product, doesn’t make this issue go away. Unless they reverse this, it will haunt them forever. I’m not the only one. Understand there are quite a few others going to boycott AP products over LOV, unless they fix the abhorrent promotion of murdering innocent people, women or otherwise.

This guy is hysterical. And not in the 'ha ha ha' way.

#461 2 years ago
B30A590D-6442-42B2-B046-9DED3CC0DFDD.jpegB30A590D-6442-42B2-B046-9DED3CC0DFDD.jpeg
#462 2 years ago

Some people just have nothing to add to a conversation and focus mainly on subtracting from it.

Thankfully it's easy to subtract those people from the conversation with the ignore tool (pun intended).

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’m opposed to the shocking treatment by some people in the pinball community of women. Trying to shut up my opinion by name calling, in this case a troll, does not change the fact LOV’s careless even abhorrent depiction of women, is okay.

There are women warriors in the art on the pinball, and warriors get killed in battle. It's not like she was minding her own business at Homegoods and took a hatchet to the head.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

There are women warriors in the art on the pinball, and warriors get killed in battle. It's not like she was minding her own business at Homegoods and took a hatchet to the head.

How is this murdered defenseless woman, depicted as a woman warrior? She’s not, by her attire and the fact that she has no weapon near her. Only the man has weapons with her blood depicted all over them. This is just another attempt to excuse American Pinball of shocking promotion of killing women.
0CCBCC72-84C2-4DBA-81BD-4FDCA25F7DC5 (resized).jpeg0CCBCC72-84C2-4DBA-81BD-4FDCA25F7DC5 (resized).jpeg

#465 2 years ago

Frankly, it is insulting that you are gendering that corpse. Or are you merely assuming that it conforms to your heternormative perspective?
I suggest you take a step back and check your privilege.
I can't speak for the others in our community, but I'm feeling more than a bit triggered.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is this murdered defenseless woman, depicted as a woman warrior? She’s not, by her attire and the fact that she has no weapon near her. Only the man has weapons with her blood on them. This is just another attempt to excuse American Pinball.

Everyone on the pinball seems to be a warrior/combatant of some type. I just counted 5 different women warriors on it: backbox head side, backglass art left, left ramp lower plastic, left ramp upper plastic, center-left playfield, and a couple of them with blood on their weapons as well. It would seem unlikely that the slain woman is a non-combatant given that every other character on the pinball isn't, and also because there are five different woman warriors on the pin so there's clearly no intention to show women as merely casualties of war.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is this woman being depicted as a woman warrior? She’s not, by her attire. This is more excusing attempts by AP apologists.

I'm sure if you weren't feigning outrage over an unflinching depiction of violence you'd be puffed up in indignation by them trivializing/minimizing such violence as too "cartoony" if the art went the other way. Guys like you always find an angle cuz... *desperately need attention*

I guess your avatar shows all the historical accuracy you can handle. Plus you're a total hypocrite making fun of all the kiddie JJP themes like Wonka but if something has a *single* adult type depiction... it's an outrage! lol

I kinda find it refreshing they had the balls to put in a less than flattering scene from that era. So it's somehow not kid friendly? I'm great with that.

but mmmmm... attention!

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is just another attempt to excuse American Pinball of shocking promotion of killing women.
[quoted image]

OMG it's a "shocking promotion of killing". Lol... why not just state "I'm a huge attention whore trying desperately to be a K kid".

Maybe you can argue with yourself from fake accounts if your trolling doesn't work like he constantly did and get yourself permanently banned for dishonesty? That's the next step you know.

Besides why would you want to cover up the atrocities of such a violent era? Trying to whitewash history? Be only happy if a man was laying there dead? What's wrong with you?

Priceless.

#469 2 years ago

Here in europe i had to sleep more or less 5-6 hours, watching some crime documentary while trying. After finally get thru this night i was so excited whats new in the LOV Topic !

Damn the last 2 pages were disappointing... Don't get me wrong, crime against ever human being is a terrible thing. But c'mon...
Hopefully there will be more information about prices, the callouts, possible mods, quests and lightning...
Maybe about a ragnarok hello kitty strawberry juice viking edition or how this hammer mech works.

I am sorry, i still need to sleep a bit...
But am i right the artwork was simply not changed at all from AP ? Who's to blame next ?

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Maybe about a ragnarok hello kitty strawberry juice viking edition or how this hammer mech works.

Not sure who the original artist is, but I did find this on the interwebs so there might be hope for a strawberry juice edition.

bf81e024032ee3d39d588df28eb95f71 (resized).jpgbf81e024032ee3d39d588df28eb95f71 (resized).jpg
#471 2 years ago

If the artwork upsets you don't buy it! Simple as that. Some people around here are big boys and are able to look at the artwork without crying! All we need now is the little monkey lifting her skirt

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Not sure who the original artist is, but I did find this on the interwebs so there might be hope for a strawberry juice edition.
[quoted image]

OMG, this made my day ! It's brilliant...

#473 2 years ago

And I must say, the art is much better than I thought from the pictures over the last year.
Its really grown on me.
And the game play during Jack's video looked great, love all the battle modes.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

And I must say, the art is much better than I thought from the pictures over the last year.
Its really grown on me.
And the game play during Jack's video looked great, love all the battle modes.

Combined package looks really fun. Might not be the prettiest thing, but neither were Berzerkers!

The more I see the closer I get to putting down a deposit.

#475 2 years ago

This post was moderated 6 hours ago: Broken record A temporary (1 day) thread eject was issued.

should be a lifetime ban , however its a start !

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Combined package looks really fun. Might not be the prettiest thing, but neither were Berzerkers!
The more I see the closer I get to putting down a deposit.

The stream cemented it for me. Gameplay looks fast, continuousand flows. Looks like the complete package for my tastes, not to mention AP is the best manufacturer in pinball.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is this murdered defenseless woman, depicted as a woman warrior? She’s not, by her attire and the fact that she has no weapon near her. Only the man has weapons with her blood depicted all over them. This is just another attempt to excuse American Pinball of shocking promotion of killing women.
[quoted image]

Are you running low on matches from your daily book burnings?

#478 2 years ago

Yeah hopefully people get back to focusing on the game here which is an awesome game and definitely a labor of love for frank and Scott

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Two words Led Zeppelin

I would not have bought a pro Zep (or even prem for that matter) either, but at least that has a theme that some people really want.

As for the art on LoV, what is depicted does not bother me one bit, and if it bothers you, I find that laughable but you are entitled to your own opinion on what is or isn't acceptable, but spare us the constant pearl clutching. Say your piece and move on. The quality of the art is not great imo though and yet another reason I am not personally one bit interested in this game.

#480 2 years ago

back to business.... CLASSIC PRICING??

#481 2 years ago

How much extra is the stuff in the Deluxe? $1000? If so then the Classic price is going to be $7395!

Or are they going to match a Stern Pro?

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

There is nothing “awesome” about this extremely vulgar adolescent artwork. It should be boycotted by any and all moral sane thinking people, against murder. AP should be ashamed of themselves for supporting this. They pulled the artwork on Octoberfest for far less.

I guess you boycott all books, video games and movies with murder also?

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

I had to hit that guy with an ignore

Hey for real, if everyone else would just do that it would be great. I'm trying to check this thread for news about a new game, from awesome long-time members of our community (Scott this is so great, so happy for you) and all I'm seeing is post after post of

[Ignored user comment]

while you arguing with some troll I apparently ignored ages ago. It's dragging down the thread, and it's just a shame that the Riot boys have to see this pissing contest.

Clearly they have nothing of value to say, if you don't want to actually hit the ignore button maybe just stop responding? Out of respect for the people behind this game if nothing else.

Anyways, hope there's a couple flipping games at Expo and people are able to play it.

#484 2 years ago

Not to take the side of @jimwe5t; however, if we are to imagine ourselves as "Legends of Valhalla" when we are playing, are we pretending to be murderous invaders or heroes? I think we usually like to be the good guys when we are stepping up to a machine. I can understand that complaint; the side art is not really in the vein of heroic fantasy.

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey for real, if everyone else would just do that it would be great. I'm trying to check this thread for news about a new game, from awesome long-time members of our community (Scott this is so great, so happy for you) and all I'm seeing is post after post of
[Ignored user comment]
while you arguing with some troll I apparently ignored ages ago. It's dragging down the thread, and it's just a shame that the Riot boys have to see this pissing contest.
Clearly they have nothing of value to say, if you don't want to actually hit the ignore button maybe just stop responding? Out of respect for the people behind this game if nothing else.
Anyways, hope there's a couple flipping games at Expo and people are able to play it.

From the video I saw yesterday there were a bunch of Valhalla's lined up and ready to play. Looked like 5 or 6 of them.

#486 2 years ago
16354349949975358979884336209496 (resized).jpg16354349949975358979884336209496 (resized).jpg
#487 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Not to take the side of jimwe5t; however, if we are to imagine ourselves as "Legends of Valhalla" when we are playing, are we pretending to be murderous invaders or heroes? I think we usually like to be the good guys when we are stepping up to a machine. I can understand that complaint; the side art is not really in the vein of heroic fantasy.

Did you watch the stream of game play?????

#488 2 years ago

My local place got one (Pinball Gallery, Malvern PA)
Pretty excited to play it tonight at league. This wasn't even remotely on my radar, but from what I've seen, it looks pretty cool.

#489 2 years ago

Hoping to run into this at MGC - it looks like a pretty cool one to try out. I remember following a bit of the original build thread and thinking it looked intriguing.

(But still, that poor innocent woman though! Live actors firing blanks and falling over BLEH dead is one thing, but we have to protect our cartoon women!)

#490 2 years ago

I hope Scott have done some awesome artwork for artblades. I really like his artwork.

I ordered a deluxe from european distributor, hope to get it in February

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Depicting killing of women in any era or form is not a laughing matter.

I'm probably more sympathetic to what you're saying than most, but I need to ask, is depiction of murder of any gender acceptable or a laughing matter?

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you watch the stream of game play?????

I watched some of it. The gameplay seems focussed on fighting mythical baddies. I would have preferred kraken wrangling or something.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Ignoring the complete irresponsibility of American Pinball on depicting murder on their product, doesn’t make this issue go away. Unless they reverse this, it will haunt them forever. I’m not the only one. Understand there are quite a few others going to boycott AP products over LOV, unless they fix the abhorrent promotion of murdering innocent people, women or otherwise.

Wow is this a bizarre stance to take. So much real violence glorified and depicted in movies and video games and you seriously think people will be offended by cartoon art on a pinball machine. I hope you're consistent and don't have a television or go to PG-13 movies or play video games or Netflix or Prime or HBO or any other content provider that depicts real violence, because otherwise you'd be a hypocrite of the highest order.

#494 2 years ago

Game looks badass to me all around. The art is fine!! Gameplay better. Nice music integration and call outs. The magnet action is so cool. Love the flow and modes. Can’t wait to get this Into my collection. Ordered thru Joe!!!

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'm probably more sympathetic to what you're saying than most, but I need to ask, is depiction of murder of any gender acceptable or a laughing matter?

And you own a Dracula??

#497 2 years ago

I just wanted to pop into the thread and say how amazing the gameplay looked on Dead Flip's stream. Great flow, love the layout, nice progressive ruleset, and amazing choice to go with Two Steps from Hell for the soundtrack.

I'm so happy to see original themes getting attention again, and support for indy designers like Riot!

#498 2 years ago

Wow, I was able to skip the majority of the last 150 or so posts since everything was ignored. Don't feed the troll.

Congrats to AP and Riot Pinball! Game looks great and should be a winner for AP!

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I literally didn't even notice it....so I just went and took a look. LOL? The art isn't even that bad at all. First off it's a cartoon drawing, so at least there is that. Secondly, this isn't "How to train your Dragon", it's "Assassins Creed: Valhalla" or "The Banner Saga" warrior Vikings stuff. That requires blood. So I'd say the art is spot on...period.
In case you don't understand my references - https://bannersaga.com/ - or - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla

To bad they don't have the video content from Assassins creed Valhalla. I thought they might surprise us with this tie in.

#500 2 years ago

I played it today at Expo. LOVE it!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-revealed-and-ready-to-order-with-pinballstar-/page/10?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.