pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1053 TECH: PLAYFIELD Up post repair for ones that are binding. Posted by luvthatapex2 (1 year ago)

Post #1147 TECH: PLAYFIELD Side ramp rejects solution Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #1328 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ball getting lost under apron fix Posted by RikV (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago

I am excited for my LOV to ship...Why is this group so small??

Any updates to the code? I got to play it weekend they announced it, so the code was early...I'm excited about this one.

4 months later
#610 1 year ago

My NIB LOV is getting delivered today....Hope it has the side blades already on it; will post back with impressions once I get this beast setup

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

The rubber tip of the shooter rod is about an inch behind the auto plunge mech.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just setup my game. Having the same issue

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

YES! This is exactly how I'd describe what I am going through with the plunger. I even took both washers out to add length, adjusted spring, tried realigning and still wont go to the top of the playfield. Autoplunge works fine and I am NOT having any ball recognition issues.
I will submit a ticket as he suggested.

The barrel spring is too long...I'll post pics of mine, it came with art blades installed.

Holy shit this pin is fun!!! Flow for days!!!

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Let us know what you find - I had the same issue with the stock spring, but was fixed with an overly stronger spring.

I think it needs a half inch barrel spring to fix the issue

#637 1 year ago

PS I ordered mine through Joe @ PinballStar and delivery was flawless; Joe is the man, I highly recommend you order your LOV from him

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Even with removing the spring completely the plunger wasn't making good contact with the ball like other machines. I think it's the position of the autoplunger or the angle which the playfield hooks are at when they attach to the front wall of the cabinet.

I’m going to cut a 1/4 inch off the spring to see if that helps.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Even with removing the spring completely the plunger wasn't making good contact with the ball like other machines. I think it's the position of the autoplunger or the angle which the playfield hooks are at when they attach to the front wall of the cabinet.

It worked, I just cut off about 1/3 of the barrel spring and it plunges perfectly now

1 week later
#706 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Art blades looking good! Patiently waiting for game, hopefully with art blades pre-installed. No doubt I’m at the end of the run, but AP has got to be getting close to closing out the run of 500, right? Anyone have some insight on the progress to 500?

I think they just finished the Deluxe run and are moving to the Classic run, they have 3 lines now

3 weeks later
#774 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am so lucky that it didn’t cause damage. I am not joking, there is zero margin of error when lifting the playfield. Do you remember what length screws or what you used to shim the rails?

similar thing happened to me, I thought it was just an anomaly....Good news is that AP builds their pins like tanks, so you really don't need to get under the playfield unless modding it

4 months later
#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok, so for about a month I have been trying to get to Ragnarok with extra balls = 1. I can do it with 2 extra balls, but never with 0 or 1 extra ball - until today.
I was curious what others were using as their strategy but this one worked today.
Certain battles played in certain orders help you on this journey along with using everything you have in your arsenal (hammer, valkyries, extra ball and strategically using the sea multiball stacks and mini wizard mode Viking Raid). Again my personal challenge was getting to Ragnarok by using a max of 1 extra ball. I'm not the best player nor the worse so I figured if I can do, you can too. Of course if you complete all battles you will really get a jacked up score (even higher with the next code release) but I was more concerned with just getting there than maxing my score.
16 battles is a ton of battles to get through and you can't time them out so you just gotta play. Player starts with 1 weapon so it helps to get more weapons immediately or start playing battles. I have found you need to concentrate on the battles and nothing else or you'll never get to Ragnarok. Kind of like Walking dead and Last man Standing. Forget about Valhalla for the moment, we'll do this later.
I chose to go for battles right away. I took them in this order in case you are curious - this is the first 6 I played:
Draugar, Fossegrimen, Banshee, Leanan Sidhe, Jormungandr, Dearg Due.
Then I took them in sequential order from that point on.
Draugar I chose first because he is a multiball, so while I was battling him, I was more concerned
with spinning up the hammer and getting weapons. I got 2 more weapons and hammer to 85%.
I locked 2 balls in the ship to get war at sea ready for this one or the next battle.
I failed Draugar down to single ball play.
Next I chose Fossegrimen and let sea multiball assist by locking the 3rd ball in the ship.
I beat Fossegrimen and got a bonus battle when down to 1 ball in play.
Banshee kicked in and I killed her with the hammer.
Next I got Leanan Sidhe as bonus battle and killed her (since she was only 4 shots).
I got Jormungandr as bonus battle and failed him, but got some more weapons and a 90% hammer.
I locked a few more balls in the ship too for the next sea multiball and grabbed a Valkyrie with some ramp combos.
I hit the scoop for the next battle, got extra ball (4 battles played) and started Dearg Due. I took a few shots and killed her with the Valkyrie.
I got a bonus battle and started Dullahan and killed him with the hammer at 100%.
I wasted a Viking multiball but still managed to spin up the hammer to 50% and get more weapons.
Still on ball #1 I hit the scoop for the next battle and played Kraken. This is a harder mode with just 5 shots.
I used a Valkyrie for the left loop shot and the hammer to finish him off.
This started Grendel as a bonus battle. Grendel is a 4 ball multiball so I immediately hit the locks to
lock balls in the ship. I knew Hel was the next battle to play so I wanted to focus on getting another
Valkyrie in the arsenals to use on her. I spent most of the mode on the shots (spinner, locks, standups) but failed.
Next I hit the scoop and started Hel. First shot is a killer (right shooter lane shot) so I used a Valkyrie.
I proceeded through the ramp shots and had the same shooter lane shot to finish her off.
I decided to hit a few more ramps and in time got another Valkyrie and used it for the last shot.
Fenrir started as a bonus battle. I hit enough standups to light most of the shots and completed him.
Gwyllgi started as a bonus battle and I always lose on this one so I just focused on the hammer.
I spun it up to 100 and killed Gwyllgi, starting Thor as a bonus battle.
I was able to kill Thor by hitting the 6 white shots and started Tyr as a bonus battle. I failed Tyr
but immediately started Loki with a shooter lane shot. I made it to the last shot on Loki and failed.
One more battle to go. My heart was beating double fast as I shot for the scoop and missed.
I started my extra ball and hit the scoop for Balder. I completed Balder and had Viking Raid or Ragnarok to start
both lit. I decided to go for Viking Raid and played a couple rounds of that 6 ball mini wizard mode.
I drained down to one ball and hit the scoop for RAGNAROK. I completed 5 battles along the way and the next code release will have a 5 million pt bonus for each completed battle before you start Ragnarok (16,750,000 for each completed battle with battle timers disabled). Awarding my 25 million Ragnarok began.
This lasted about 10 minutes as I hit shot after shot and used the berzerker target for the tough god of thunder rollover helpers.
I drained with a Ragnarok score of over 260 million to add to my score.
Finally started ball #2 and to my chagrin it was a house ball and drained right away.
Last ball and I went for Valhalla. I had 7 tasks done, just needed to get War on Land.
I started escape the kraken and got 22million points. I hit 2 of the war on land targets and whiffed on the last target with a SDTM.
so close to getting Valhalla too! UGH! Maybe next time.
Final score = 486,587,690
Game time = 38 minutes.

Damn, that's impressive.

I have over 100 plays on my LOV, and only 1 game above 100mil....Time to get serious about strategy here, and start kickin some ass...I'll post back

#1064 1 year ago

FYI, the manual says to set this at 6.5 degrees, I feel that's the perfect incline to play at

Someone posted 7 on here, I think that's too steep to consistently lock the balls in the ship clean.

I actually have mine at 6.4 and it plays perfectly I think...Love this game

#1065 1 year ago

PS -- Can we get Steve to do a solo live stream of this game?? I feel like I am still struggling with some of the strategy tied to the use of the hammer, and selecting the modes, would love to see a live stream of him blowing the game up with better audio than the two that are out from this past year.

1 week later
#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I know that no one can make this decision for me. But I have an opportunity to get a solid price on the deluxe model and feel like I’m overthinking things. I really want a Wonka, R&M and WoZ but know that I’m going to be super careful with them or end up not playing them and just having a ‘show cabinet’ whereas I can get a super cool original theme pinball with LOV. I don’t know what reassurance I need to put me over the edge but I guess that’s what I’m looking for. I just want a hassle free pin experience and I can just go ham playing the crap out of this thing

LOV is more fun than all of them. I’ve owned them all in the past. LOV shoots better than all of them.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

That’s my other thought process on Wonka, I think I just want to get a standard. If I would do the LE, I might as well do the CE. Im definitely particular with my pins and everything I own, but I’d be worried I would be scared to play it as much the more expensive it is. And also harder to trade or swap out if I ever want to.
Instead of a Wonka CE, I could get a LOV and Wonka Standard.

Wonka is awesome. Get the LE or CE if you get one. I had the standard, and wish I had the wonkavator in it

#1121 1 year ago

The game works best at pitch = 7. You have it right. I'm running the game at pitch = 7 and have no issue hitting the right ramp. Can I do it everytime? Nope, but it wasn't designed to be an easy shot. There are 3 tough shots in the game - right ramp, left loop and right shooter lane. Its a challenging game and makes me want to keep hitting start (even after 4 years
Look at your flipper and see whats the issue. You don't want to hammer the ramp, it can take it, but it will just rattle. You want the ball to slide up the ramp. Try turning down the pulse to 27 or 25 even and take a shot. Also, I'm using the stock AP flipper bands.
I almost always get it in the right ramp by doing a combo - spinner to mid left flipper to right ramp. This is satisfying and works great.

Why does the manual say 6.5 then?

Put the game to 6.5, and have it level back to front. You won’t have problems with that right ramp

#1146 1 year ago

The other AP games are recommended 6.5. Standard AP manual template was used for the LOV setup pages and we didn't catch it in October.
I recommended 7.0 day 1 as it adds pitch to the balls in the ship and speed to the game. If you like 6.5 keep it there. My game was always set at 7.0

No offense, but that should be fixed then...AP only has 4 games out

Quoted from sulli10:

So spent this morning "tuning" my game with excellent results.
First thing I did was pull the glass and used my phones digital level to adjust the right front leg a bit to improve the side to side unevenness.
My game had problems making the outside loops and the most right hand shot into the shooting lane .
The loops rattled and rejected. The right most shot , when made with speed, would hit the wood side rail of the shooter lane and bounce back into the playfield.
The side to side adjustment with the digital level helped the loops a bit. I then watched where the loop shots rattled. On the left side, the post to the upper left of the ramp target was a problem. Removed it totally (had removed the rubber on it earlier). this open up the entry into the left orbit. Adjusted the steel metal guide rails, on the ends, in the left loop a bit with needle nose. There were two adjusted.
On the right loop , also watched where the rattles were and adjusted two metal guide rail ends where the rattles occurred . basically opened up the line of travel a few thousandths.
On the most right hand shot. I was going to adjust the metal ball guide , but for now, just put a piece of rubber on the wooden shooter lane rail where the ball struck to cushion the blow so that the ball does not bounce back onto the playfield. The ball now just drops into the shooter lane as designed.
Overall results were pretty dramatic. Both loops are made significantly more often and the right side shot does what it is supposed to do.
Had my best score yet and already seen parts of the game I have not seen before.
Overall this game needs a little more love out of the box. Part of the problem with the loop rejects is the thickness of the metal side rails. Since the game has hi quality /thicker side rails the clunkiness occurs. A few tweeks with the needle nose make a big difference.

I need to take the glass off and do the same...The rattle and rejects on the left and right outside orbit shots are killing me.

#1148 1 year ago

The other AP games are recommended 6.5. Standard AP manual template was used for the LOV setup pages and we didn't catch it in October.
I recommended 7.0 day 1 as it adds pitch to the balls in the ship and speed to the game. If you like 6.5 keep it there. My game was always set at 7.0

You are right...Plays much better at 7 degrees...I re-leveled, added a little power to the flippers via menu: 2 to lower left and right flippers, and 1 to upper left flipper...Game was scorching, less rejects and flow for days.

How does the Valkyrie work again? 5 combos and it lights?

#1149 1 year ago

This game is highly addictive btw...Anyone that's on the fence, take the plunge...This game rules

2 weeks later
#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

that makes two of us. only had mine a week, but i don’t think this is just honeymoon love. i think it’s the real deal. i haven’t used the l-word with her yet out of fear of rejection. maybe after i break 60 mil to prove i’m serious.

I've had it now for close to 6 months, loving it more the more I play it...Super addictive, fast and flowy, can't wait for another code update.

#1221 1 year ago

New code is coming very soon - testing/validation has begun.

Saweeeet!!

1 week later
#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Thinking of picking this bad boy up as the price appears to be solid for a Deluxe with what it appears you get in the videos and reviews I am watching. Can some of you let me know what you LOVE (what has you coming back for more) and is there anything that is universally not liked. I see that the company is active in the forums and it looks as though more code is to come. I have never owned an American Pinball and wanted to know if anyone could also describe its build quality and is it comparable to a spooky, JJP, stern or any other older manufacture. Thanks in Advance! (Currently between this or a houdini)

AP's are built like tanks, LOV is my 2nd AP, I had Hot Wheels as well.

First off, their support is great, I've only had minor issues with my LOV so far.

Gameplay is fast as hell, I have it next to Godzilla Prem and GnR, the others honestly feel like slow motion compared to LOV; very flowy type of game...Shots feel great.

Only downside right now is resale value, but I think it will rise in value once off the line. This game is a winner, cabinet looks beautiful, fun mode based gameplay...Shorter game times too, which is good...I really like Godzilla, but the game times are super long...It's rare to have a game of LOV go over 8 minutes.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yeah, I should have been more clear: It's Spooky's engineering and build quality that I'm more concerned with. I like playing their pins, and had a Halloween for awhile. But that machine has a laundry list of issues that are common and seemingly unnecessary. Lowering a playfield shouldn't require removing the coin box and then holding a latch up while you do it!

I've had zero issues with Halloween CE, zero

GnR on the other hand, ugh...Love all of them though...LOV is a great pin to have in a non fan based type of collection...It's a fan layout, but not the typical stern because of no pop bumbers...

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

When you lowered the playfield, you didn't need to move the coinbox and latch out of the way? And you didn't have horrible video compression? I've never seen one not have those issues, and if yours didn't that's great.
As for GnR, it's tempting at the lower prices to pick one up but it seems there's an awful lot of people that thought the same and are reselling them. I'll still probably own one at some point.
[quoted image]

GNR is amazing, I'm completely addicted to it...I will say, it's weird though, it took like 300 plays for the game to really click with me. At first you are wowed by the lightshow and just overall presentation, then I could see how some would get bored with it, but once the gameplay clicks, holy shit...It's on.

Yeah, I just got lucky with Halloween I guess, it's a late run of the CE, so knock on wood, it's been flawless, like I mean not one issue.

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Need tech help. Sent in a service request
Game boots
lights work
switches work
ball does not load
flippers do not work
can not find manual. do not see fuses anywhere.

Check main fuse, mine just blew, the game shipped with fast blow, and should be slow blow...Talked to tech support, they were very helpful...That might be your problem...They had issues with parts, and fast blows were mistakenly put in some games.

#1272 1 year ago

Not only does LOV kick ass, but AP's service is awesome...I had an issue arise with main fuse blowing last week, tech support sent me new fuses, and walked me through replacing them, troubleshooting the boards...Still couldn't get 48v power to the flippers and ball eject to shooter lane.

Spoke with Kevin @ AP this morning, he troubleshooted some more and they are sending me a brand new power supply to remedy the situation...Should be back up and running on LOV by next week...F'n awesome service, I already love LOV, and really enjoyed Hot Wheels...I know what pin I'll be buying next...Hint: It will be an AP

BRAVO!!

1 week later
#1276 1 year ago

Update: Kevin at AP got me new fuses and sent me a brand new power supply...He spent a lot of time with me troubleshooting a drop target issue that occurred, which was my fault when I took the playfield out to install the new power supply.

That is A++ customer service...I'm so happy my LOV is up and running again...I freakin' love this game!!

1 week later
#1290 1 year ago

Did the new code drop yet?

1 week later
#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Something new has been happening on my game. The ball eject takes a few attempts if it happens during a multiball mode it ends the ball. Thoughts?

Is ball eject working otherwise? Like outside of multiballs?

1 week later
#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

When I read the first comment I thought it sounded silly, but now that you I read your version I agree. Last night I had two friends over who'd never played it before, and they were almost startled when it started at the end. I think sometimes we get used to it, but it does seem pretty loud compared to the rest of the game.

It's way louder and definitely needs to be remastered at volume that matches

1 week later
#1388 1 year ago

New code is killer. Just played 5 games, damn this pin is fun

3 months later
#1523 10 months ago

My drop target won't raise, I don't think it's a coil issue.

Any ideas?

#1525 10 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Check that the cable to the coil is still plugged in. Mine got pulled out at one point.

Ok, will do and will report back...Thx man

#1526 10 months ago

Cables were connected, it turned out to be the leaf switch not getting hit because the little plastic piece connected to it got bent the wrong way...Got it fixed and back at it...This game is sooo good.

6 months later
#1750 89 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Had to back out the update. None of the coils worked. Works fine on the last code.
Anyone with the same issue?

I bet you it's your power supply...Mine went bad on mine too, they sent me a new one free of charge. Supposedly an issue with early LOV runs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.