20240403_114250 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1053 TECH: PLAYFIELD Up post repair for ones that are binding. Posted by luvthatapex2 (1 year ago)

Post #1147 TECH: PLAYFIELD Side ramp rejects solution Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #1328 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ball getting lost under apron fix Posted by RikV (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyphr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#799 1 year ago
Quoted from TFK:

These will be a limited run of 50 sets. They will be sold through Tilt Graphics exclusively. I have them being painted now.

Ordered. Any plans to do something similar with Valkyrie in the top left?

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I guess with the 3rd button unlit it makes it obvious which button is the hammer/valkyrie!

I am thinking of ordering 2 BriteButton kits. 2 reds for the flippers, and a white for hammer/valkyrie.

#844 1 year ago

Red and white britebuttons look real nice

PXL_20220817_234546003 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_234546003 (resized).jpg

#846 1 year ago

Got my 3D slingshot mod in the mail this morning. The figures themselves look great but the replacement plastic guard pieces are not see through, unlike the pictures on tilt graphics and they look really really cheap, (also not like the pictures) not to mention they scratch very easily. Those plastics belong nowhere on a pinball machine, it's a deal breaker. I just put the figures over the painted plastic that is already there and it looks decent I suppose. I am a bit disappointed because of the plastic, especially for $249. I hope this gets rectified for the next run and I hope they will send me replacement plastic like in the pictures, otherwise I am going to ask for my money back. To anyone on the fence about ordering some, I suggest holding off on ordering a set for now.

PXL_20220819_162238227 (resized).jpgPXL_20220819_162238227 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220819_163823285 (resized).jpgPXL_20220819_163823285 (resized).jpg

#848 1 year ago

It looks like the replacement plastics have a film over them that you have to remove (probably both sides to protect from scratching in shipment/packing)?

Yup I realized that right after I posted that so I deleted it. Everything looks great once the film is removed. My bad.

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am more than happy with mine.

yup same. I take back everything I said.

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I decided to try my hand at a Kraken mod for LOV as I wanted something to go over the ship ramp. I think this fits the spot nicely.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that looks sweet. Can you post a link of where you got it? Or did you make that yourself? Looks great

1 week later
#869 1 year ago

In battles, when you have both Valkyrie and Thors hammer ready, the action button fires Thors hammer first. This makes sense for all battles except in the case of when you are playing Dearg Due (Valkyrie defeats Dearg Due). I think in the case where you are playing Dearg Due and you have both ready, Valkyrie should fire first.

#871 1 year ago

No, that would take out the strategy for using a Valkyrie vs Thors Hammer. When you have a Valkyrie, you know that it can:
1) Defeat DeargDue
or 2) complete the next shot in a legend battle
So when you get a Valkyrie the player should think how can I use this most effectively? If Dearg Due is not a legend I battled yet, the player should battle Dearg Due. If Dearg Due was already battled I should think of what battle I have the hardest time with a particular shot and go for that battle. Since you get a Valkyrie after every 5 combos and you can't have more than 1 you need to use it as soon as possible.
Ah, but in your example you had Thors Hammer and a Valkyrie. So the strategy would be to NOT play Dearg due or you'd be wasting Thors hammer since the Valkyrie would have defeated Dearg Due. Plus you might want to use Thors hammer in one of the 5 multiball legend battles to complete the legend, get the 5 million bonus, a bonus battle AND victory laps.

fair enough

#872 1 year ago

Any idea when LOV will get team play?

#874 1 year ago

I considered it but it would make the game too easy to get to ragnarok, so no team play for lov. Right now the game is approachable for all with an easy wizard mode (Valhalla) and a challenging wizard mode (ragnarok). Perhaps our next game!

I have well over 1,000 games of LOV and have only made it to Valhalla 3 times (never to ragnarok), and I generally use 5 balls rather than 3 to start. For someone at my skill level getting to Ragnarok is just about impossible without something like team play. It all depends on your target audience I guess, but for someone new-ish to pinball like me I would certainly love to have team play.

2 weeks later
#899 1 year ago

There are 3 possible ways to get an EXTRA BALL.
1) play 4 legend battles (default)
2) Start Escape the Kraken (default)
3) Set Replay Award = Extra Ball in service menu (adjust)
Note: all 3 of these obey the Maximum Extra Balls setting in service mode/(Standard Settings) too, so if you have it set to 1 extra ball maximum, that's all you'll get. If I recall default is Max Extra Balls = 1, though maybe its 2.

In the settings it only lets me switch between 0 or 1 max extra balls. The only way to get it back to 2 extra ball max is to load a preset that has 2 extra balls allowed. on the latest code.

1 year later
#1785 56 days ago

So I bought a brand new Legends of Valhalla a few years ago, and the left flipper always seemed quite week. I would watch videos of people playing it online and they were hitting shots that really just did not seem possible on my machine. Like I can't hit the middle ramp with the left flipper at all, ever. I tried turning the coil strength up and it seems to do absolutely nothing. Anyway, I think I want to try and replace the flipper coil for the left flipper, but it is out of stock. So, I have 2 questions:

1) Where can I find a replacement coil if that one is sold out: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/flipper-lugless-coil-coi0003-01
2) Do you all agree the coil is the likely culprit, even though it has been like that since day 1, or should I maybe look into something else.

#1798 56 days ago

Try this. Here is the angle of my flippers. I moved them slightly above the dot and it plays like our prototypes. I can shoot the middle ramp with either flipper. I set my flipper coils at 34 which is a bit higher than stock but it’s how I play it. Also pitch = 7.0 also important
[quoted image]

Yea it was a flipper angle problem for sure. Mine were way off, especially the left one. I adjusted them to be like in your pic and I was even able to turn down the flipper power to 34 and its playing like a whole new game. Can't believe I put 1000+ plays with the wrong angle.

Now I am thinking I should adjust the upper left flipper as well. Can you share a picture of that and what you have the coil set to as well please?

Thanks!

#1810 54 days ago

ok, I finally found the issue that the one guy had about 2 years ago with the shaker not turning off. It was a failed MOSFET on the add-on board. Support sent him a new board and I never heard back. I assume it was fixed. Please follow up with support with a phone call.

I had this issue about two years ago, so this is probably me. It fixed the issue after installing the new add on board.

#1813 49 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Looking for some mods to make the pin unique. I found a valkerie like character for the upper left plastic. I most likely will paint it but it doesn't look half bad as is. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I got one of these and painted it. A pinball fits perfectly in her hand.

PXL_20240410_154808813 (resized).jpgPXL_20240410_154808813 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyphr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage?tu=cyphr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.