pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1053 TECH: PLAYFIELD Up post repair for ones that are binding. Posted by luvthatapex2 (1 year ago)

Post #1147 TECH: PLAYFIELD Side ramp rejects solution Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #1328 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ball getting lost under apron fix Posted by RikV (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dwboca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#890 1 year ago

I'm in the club, just waiting to get the call from my distro thats its being built. Just found this thread. Lots of good info here

2 months later
#988 1 year ago

I've been having a few issues.
One has been addressed here with multi-player tilt and the next player ends before it starts. That so happens to me randomly in multi-player games. Especially when the multiball ship lock is involved.
Example. Player 2 has 2 balls locked in ship. Their ball ends. Player three hasn't started ship. They then light ship and lock 2 balls. The ship ball lock seems to get confused and doesn't see any balls, and kicks out all balls in ship but starts multiball with one ball. It eventually catches up, but the weirdness carries over for a few players. Like it ends the next player before it starts because there is an inordinate number of balls out for the previous player.

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

For what its worth, I did open a request and haven't heard anything yet. Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be welcome

What was the outcome of this?
Mine has started doing this.

3 weeks later
#1070 1 year ago

Hammer of the gods seems to be the task? Eluding me. If I don't get it on the skill shot, I find it almost impossible to get the ball up to the rollovers and light all 3 lanes. I've almost gotten to Valhalla multiple times.

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

God of Thunder is the task. Yes, it is enabled with a superskill shot (to the ship off new ball plunge) or by making the top rollovers twice.

What do you mean twice?
You have to light all 3 lanes 2x?
Thats damn near impossible. I can,t light them once, nonetheless 2x.

So far this area of the game is the most frustrating. Being repeated by all who've played the game many times.

#1077 1 year ago

The God of Thunder requirement is frustrating you? How can I help? Most people tell me the requirements for Valhalla are fair.

This is the only task/requirement that has stymied me getting to Valhalla. The game plays itself and lends to aid in the other tasks. There should be one in the group that the most difficult. This one is mine.

So in my observations, soft plunging for the initial skill shot is tough. In my game there is no sweet spot for this shot. We have changed the plunger tip to a brighter color so we can see it and have made it a very small percentage of the times. It either goes past or gets to just before the rollovers and hits an invisible wall and returns down the right orbit.

I'll take into consideration using the combo hammer shots to the orbits. That is if I can make that shot accordingly.

LoV is unique in my experience where the shot to the rollovers don't have gates on either side and there is no way once you get the ball up there to stop at the rollovers and allow you to get the ball to them. If you do its blind luck.

I'm not asking for any changes or mods to the game. I'm solely asking for advice to improve my ability to get this task done if I have missed the superskill shot.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Great to see all the rules discussion and gameplay strategies! I'd like to chime in with a fresh perspective in regards to the "God of Thunder" requirement for getting to Valhalla.
The "God of Thunder" insert could have just as easily been labeled "Super Skill Shot," but we kept with the viking theme and labeled it something unique. The PRIMARY way to light that insert is to complete the super skill shot.

That was my initial impression. A super skill shot.
I do like that there is another way to get there, albeit many times harder to achieve, yet still there.
As I've said prior, soft plunging isn't really a thing that happens in our game. We just full plunge and hope to hit the boat and get the super skill shot. It possibly the most rewarding shot in the game, as well as hitting the boat lock for war at sea.
It takes a few plays to realize its not a trap and shoot game, which makes it more "funner" and suited to how I play.
I'm not advocating for rule changes, i was just looking for some clarity on that shot.

#1089 1 year ago

Another question from me is there a way to turn off the hurry up call outs. When Odin/Teolis asks you to play the ball or whats the hold up?

Another thing I've noticed is in the replay awards. They only are in 10 million. Is there a way to add 5 million point values to them?

#1091 1 year ago

You can minimize the hurryup call outs by changing 'War on Land Qualify callouts' to minimum under setup/features. No way to turn off the ball in the shooter lane callouts but they are there for a purpose to let you or other players know its their turn, so lets go!

I'm im puttering around, I might play a ball then go off to a task. I get shyte from my wife and Odin. I'll come back, but dang. Haha

The other was just a question. So we can incrementally up the target to get the extra ball

#1093 1 year ago

Sorry can you rephrase your question concerning the target to get the extra ball? Not sure what you're asking.
Max number of extra balls is 0, 1 or 2 in service menu with 1 extra ball as the default. There are several events that give an extra ball but they all follow the master setting.

My second question from above was to be able to add 5 million to the replay/extra ball settings. But I understand from your reply that its a pain to make that happen.

Thanks for answering my questions and concerns

#1107 1 year ago

For the price you're saying. I'd be all over the LOV. NIB prices are inflated and the market corrects. But its a great fun game that has some tough shots and a really fun theme. Quality of build is pretty impressive in comparison to what you get from other manufacturers at the NIB price point. Worse thing for you is you don't like it and can flip it towards another game. Mine gets a ton of plays and its the game friends play when they're over

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I know that no one can make this decision for me. But I have an opportunity to get a solid price on the deluxe model and feel like I’m overthinking things. I really want a Wonka, R&M and WoZ but know that I’m going to be super careful with them or end up not playing them and just having a ‘show cabinet’ whereas I can get a super cool original theme pinball with LOV. I don’t know what reassurance I need to put me over the edge but I guess that’s what I’m looking for. I just want a hassle free pin experience and I can just go ham playing the crap out of this thing

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well you two are making me jealous. I would love that shot if it went in smoothly with a direct hit, but no joke: The ball goes up the ramp HARD, rattles about 2/3rds of the way up, and rolls back down. Strong flipper, weak flipper, doesn't matter. The only thing that seemed to help: If I lower the flipper band almost all the way to the bottom of the bat (but then it just wiggles its way back up) and hitting only slow rolling balls. Perhaps tonight I'll lower the pitch to 6.5 (I'm at 7 now), but I'm closing in on "time to sell" if I can't get it dialed in better.

Can you hit the shot from the spinner up the ramp. It definitely slows the ball down where, after a bunch of practice, I can bit it almost 100% of time. My game is just below 7⁰

#1155 1 year ago

Made it to Valhalla last night. Stuff all lined up. Got two weapons then drained. But I made it there.

2 weeks later
#1223 1 year ago

This is a favorite game in my house. My only ask for in a new code update is to be able to turn off the callouts before I launch the ball.
Whats the delay, etc...

#1225 1 year ago

If it doesn’t break anything I’ll add an option to turn off the reminder calls in service menu.

Thank you!

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Thinking of picking this bad boy up as the price appears to be solid for a Deluxe with what it appears you get in the videos and reviews I am watching. Can some of you let me know what you LOVE (what has you coming back for more) and is there anything that is universally not liked. I see that the company is active in the forums and it looks as though more code is to come. I have never owned an American Pinball and wanted to know if anyone could also describe its build quality and is it comparable to a spooky, JJP, stern or any other older manufacture. Thanks in Advance! (Currently between this or a houdini)

At first I was dismayed at the way the game played. Its not like a new game.
It can be a bit frustrating learning how its different. But I'm a fan of a game that flows. I had to step back from my approach, I was trying to playvthis game like it was a stern or jjp type game. Its not. It flows like an early solid state game with modern lighting scheme. When that clicked, Its become a favorite of mine. I also can appreciate that the designers are here in the forum with tips and tricks to help you along. The playthrough that has been posted with how to reach Valhalla was really helpful and the shots needed are approachable and a kind of intuitive once you understand how the flow works.
Build quality is top notch. Especially for the price. Its an LE/CE build for between a pro and premium price. The "toys" are amazing in design and quality, the callouts are awesome. Though for me between balls the callouts can be a touch annoying. Hoping that they tweak that in an upcoming code update.
I think it's my favorite out of all the American products. I like Houdini, but I'll play 10ish game then move on. I could and have play this game all day by my self and with friends.
You will have to do some tweaks, as stated in previous posts in the thread. I was able to do the minimum to mine and make it smooth.
Its awesome to have a mirrored backglass like an old school game. That just adds to the allure.
Hope my perspective helps

1 month later
#1309 1 year ago

Something new has been happening on my game. The ball eject takes a few attempts if it happens during a multiball mode it ends the ball. Thoughts?

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's normal to end the ball if it fails the eject several times. Play with coil strength. Remove the rubber stopper at the top. Remove the swinging ball gate and bend the diverter flap almost all the way back to open the chute all the way.
Don't have to do all of those but try one that's easy to revert like the rubber stopper and go from there.

Took out the rubber stopper, didn't have an issue today.
We're hosting a tournament at our house this weekend. Valhalla is one of the premier games that we have.
Its gonna get played, and afterwards its going to get played some more.

#1315 1 year ago

Cleaning and removing extra balls for our shindig/tournament.
The audits never lie, but the devil is in the details

20230310_120003 (resized).jpg20230310_120003 (resized).jpg
#1318 1 year ago

Game played well during tournament.
60 ish games over 11 hrs. Even made up a game we called blind luck. Where we covered the screen and playfield from the slings up, you were only able to see the flippers and slings.
There was a flipper fade at the end and the raid lights were yellow not blue. It definitely was hot from all the play.
Are there flipper fans available, or suggestions on how to cool the machine?

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was one of the most-requested kits, and now that I have them, one of the most-popular ZEN cooling kits:
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-zen-2-flipper-cooling-kit-for-american-pinball-lov

Thanks. I thought it was you

#1327 1 year ago

Bring on the code update!

People loved playing LOV, can't wait to see whats changed and improved

1 week later
#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I am waiting impatiently...
[quoted image]

How are you downloading code?

#1375 1 year ago

Are you asking where to download the new code?
v23.03.10 available now. please read the Release Notes.
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

I'm unfamiliar with Americans setup. I see that there is the link available, but I'm not sure what to do when I get there. How does the new code get to the game?

#1380 1 year ago

Code updated.
Very fun.
The trash talking for poor performance is excellent.
The scoring improvements made tasks like rampage rewarding.

#1382 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the update and enjoy! Start crushing your leaderboard!

Are you going to TPF?

#1384 1 year ago

No sorry, I won't be there. It sounds like a blast though!

Shaping up to be an amazing time.
Trying to gauge who will be there. Time is precious. Lots of people to chat with

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Its okay ... no reason to say thankyou for the foolproof guide on downloading a file in the internet. Tststs.

I'd like to thank luvthatapex2 for helping me find the USB port to put the upgrade into the machine

1 month later
#1425 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just got the game 24 hours ago but I love it - so much fun! I had a question though because I'm not sure if this is a bug or some weird mode I was in. During the game, the RAID letters were all different colors - white, yellow, blue, or not lit. And when the ball rolled over one of the four switches, the color would sometimes change or sometimes stay the same. To top it off, I noticed that the D was not lit at one point, but when I pressed the left flipper, it didn't move to the I position. It seemed really weird and nothing I had seen before. Any ideas? Attaching a pic here.[quoted image]

This happened on mine after long play. It can get hot under the playfield. I installed pinmonk coil fans. Haven't had it happens since, but were having a tournament in a few weeks. That'll be the test

2 weeks later
#1471 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Played LOV last week and absolutely loved it! I had zero expectations going in and boy was I pleasantly surprised!! Definitely want to get one, but will try to avoid buying new. Unfortunately AP pins take a big hit in the resale market. Want a deluxe, but near $9k with shipping and then add tax, is a lot.

Its a tough nut to chew when you buy a NIB game and it loses about 2k right out of the box.

#1489 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Has anyone had any issues with the powdercoat on their game? I've only had mine for 2 days and I noticed some (very faint at the moment) dark patches starting to appear on the edges of the lock down bar. It's barely noticeable but it's definitely there, and you can just about see it in the pic.
After the Halloween debacle I ended up clearcoating mine as a precaution, and on this game after only 2 days, this is slightly worrying... [quoted image]

Mine has looked like this since I've gotten it. I opened a ticket with AP. I got no response for about 2 months then a email asking for pics. Since then nothing.

This is a favorite game of mine. Its only cosmetic, but because of this non-response. Ill never buy another AP game. Such shyte.

10 months later
#1812 9 days ago

LoV showcasing a killer lineup at Adirondack Axe, in Queensbury, NY.

IMG_20240407_195125_979 (resized).jpgIMG_20240407_195125_979 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dwboca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage?tu=Dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.