image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.
#351 2 years ago

Is this the right forum to discuss mods and the like?

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Is this the right forum to discuss mods and the like?

Fine by me! I love seeing how people are upgrading and customizing their games.

#353 2 years ago

Cool. I noticed the topper is to "static" (non-moving) white LED strips. They plug into the backbox LEDS which as also static. Seems like having these simulate fire would be cool and not to difficult to pull off. Ideal would be "flickering" red strips. Next best would be replacing the stirps with "fire" LED bulbs.

Thoughts?

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Cool. I noticed the topper is to "static" (non-moving) white LED strips. They plug into the backbox LEDS which as also static. Seems like having these simulate fire would be cool and not to difficult to pull off. Ideal would be "flickering" red strips. Next best would be replacing the stirps with "fire" LED bulbs.
Thoughts?

I too thought it would be great to have fire leds where the strip is. I know they have that effect with speaker led strips. How hard would it be to do the same for the topper? I have no idea.

#355 1 year ago

There were 7 more locations added to the pinside map to play Legends of Valhalla. Please support your local ops!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/legends-of-valhalla-ap/owners

#356 1 year ago

pinsidead=134199

Saw this ad for a new in box Legends of Valhalla. The ad is a great read and hopefully the seller will find someone close by. I figure that if he does unbox it, it will grow on him pretty quickly. That is exactly what happened to me.

I do have a couple of issues with the game, however. The left flipper is supposed to be able to backhand the left ramp. I can do this about 1 out of 10 times. The left coil is up to a Max of 45 and I replaced the stock flipper rubbers with super bands. Not much difference. I also decreased the pitch of the game and still not much difference.

It is taking a while for me to learn all of the rules. I had a game where I had a couple of stacked multi balls and my ball score was somewhat low. I have had other games where I'm not doing much I look up and all of a sudden I have 50 million points (no, don't think it was the kraken shot, but could have been).

Overall, a great fun game. It is a gorgeous sunny day today, so I'm going to get a couple of games in before my inevitable sunburn.

Cheers!

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

pinsidead=134199
Saw this ad for a new in box Legends of Valhalla. The ad is a great read and hopefully the seller will find someone close by. I figure that if he does unbox it, it will grow on him pretty quickly. That is exactly what happened to me.
I do have a couple of issues with the game, however. The left flipper is supposed to be able to backhand the left ramp. I can do this about 1 out of 10 times. The left coil is up to a Max of 45 and I replaced the stock flipper rubbers with super bands. Not much difference. I also decreased the pitch of the game and still not much difference.

Your left flipper may have been installed with too low of an angle. This makes the orbit and shooter lane shots easier but makes backhanding the left ramp more challenging. Rotate the left flipper bat up slightly and you should see a noticeable difference in the ease of that backhand.

#358 1 year ago

To add to what Scott said (adjust bat up a few mm), adjust the game to pitch 7 (not 6.5) and return the flipper coil to the stock setting (the value will turn green at the stock setting . A pulse of 45 is the same as slightly higher than the stock setting and all you get is heat generated from the pulse). There is a rules document on tilt forums if you want to take a peek where the big points reside.

Quoted from GranpaDave:

pinsidead=134199
It is taking a while for me to learn all of the rules. I had a game where I had a couple of stacked multi balls and my ball score was somewhat low. I have had other games where I'm not doing much I look up and all of a sudden I have 50 million points (no, don't think it was the kraken shot, but could have been).
Overall, a great fun game. It is a gorgeous sunny day today, so I'm going to get a couple of games in before my inevitable sunburn.
Cheers!

#359 1 year ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/legends-of-valhalla-rulesheet/7449

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

To add to what Scott said (adjust bat up a few mm), adjust the game to pitch 7 (not 6.5) and return the flipper coil to the stock setting (the value will turn green at the stock setting . A pulse of 45 is the same as slightly higher than the stock setting and all you get is heat generated from the pulse). There is a rules document on tilt forums if you want to take a peek where the big points reside.

#360 1 year ago

Excellent! Will give it a try. Thanks!

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Your left flipper may have been installed with too low of an angle. This makes the orbit and shooter lane shots easier but makes backhanding the left ramp more challenging. Rotate the left flipper bat up slightly and you should see a noticeable difference in the ease of that backhand.

Thanks so much- will give it a try.

#362 1 year ago

I don't bother left flippimg the left ramp. Just hit the Odin ramp and right flip.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

I do have a couple of issues with the game, however. The left flipper is supposed to be able to backhand the left ramp. I can do this about 1 out of 10 times. The left coil is up to a Max of 45 and I replaced the stock flipper rubbers with super bands

luvthatapex2 mentioned this, but it really should be emphasized: you want your flipper coil settings (and really, all of the coils, but especially the flippers) as LOW AS POSSIBLE. Cranking them up generates extra heat, which can cause expansion and increased resistance within the coil, which can cause the flipper mech to not move as smoothly as it should, which saps strength from your flips.

Generally, try to do anything else first to dial in your flippers: experiment with playfield pitch, flipper alignment, whatever. If you eventually decide that you still need more coil power, tick it up from factory default by 1 or 2, and then play-test again for awhile. But cranking it to the max will probably do more harm than good.

BTW, I don't really have any solid data on this one way or the other, but I'm of the opinion that traditional flipper rubbers -- preferably red (different colors have different durometers, AKA hardness/bounciness) -- play better than Superbands. Superbands have the edge in longevity and looking nice, but I find that traditional rubbers give better control. YMMV.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

luvthatapex2 mentioned this, but it really should be emphasized: you want your flipper coil settings (and really, all of the coils, but especially the flippers) as LOW AS POSSIBLE. Cranking them up generates extra heat, which can cause expansion and increased resistance within the coil, which can cause the flipper mech to not move as smoothly as it should, which saps strength from your flips.
Generally, try to do anything else first to dial in your flippers: experiment with playfield pitch, flipper alignment, whatever. If you eventually decide that you still need more coil power, tick it up from factory default by 1 or 2, and then play-test again for awhile. But cranking it to the max will probably do more harm than good.
BTW, I don't really have any solid data on this one way or the other, but I'm of the opinion that traditional flipper rubbers -- preferably red (different colors have different durometers, AKA hardness/bounciness) -- play better than Superbands. Superbands have the edge in longevity and looking nice, but I find that traditional rubbers give better control. YMMV.

EXCELLENT advice!

I've been serious about pinball for the past 3 years, having owned over 30 games. You would think I would know how to set up a table correctly! Fortunately I do know how to make all adjustments and measure tilt and set the flippers up. I have always been hesitant to change what the factory sends, but obviously what the factory sends is whoever is building it that day. Nothing against them. Also, things definitely change during shipping. Anyway, I now have my table at 7° and I ended up adjusting my flippers a fair amount forward after several trial runs. I turned the coil power back down to factory settings. This current setup seems to be the best. I can now reliably backhand the left ramp as well as hit the center ramp on the fly as well as cradle the ball (still not as easy as on a Stern). A lot more fun!

As far as scoring- I have definitely read the tilt forum rules- excellent.

Again thanks for this forum and for the advice.

Cheers!

PXL_20220425_162116310 (resized).jpgPXL_20220425_162116310 (resized).jpg
#365 1 year ago

"The game has received 28 approved Pinsider ratings. 2 more approved ratings are needed to get a rating and for it to be eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking."

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/legends-of-valhalla-ap

#366 1 year ago

Excited to join this club today! Beautiful game and top notch quality. Just a few games on it so far but it's a lot of fun.

Played the game at TPF and really enjoyed it, but didn't think about owning it until last week. I checked with my go-to guy, Will at Old Town Pinball, and he had one coming available. 5 days later it's in my basement. Pretty darn lucky.

Looking forward to learning the rules and playing much more in the days & weeks ahead!

PXL_20220426_203255749 (resized).jpgPXL_20220426_203255749 (resized).jpgPXL_20220426_212509420 (resized).jpgPXL_20220426_212509420 (resized).jpgPXL_20220427_022438939 (resized).jpgPXL_20220427_022438939 (resized).jpgPXL_20220427_022447321 (resized).jpgPXL_20220427_022447321 (resized).jpg
#367 1 year ago

Who else with the game so far found the dubstep music? I'm always amused when I hear it.

#369 1 year ago

Why is the manual pdf for Legends of Valhalla called Rampage?

#370 1 year ago

Hello haven’t been following news but has AP made any new statements regarding timeline on LOV standard editions?
Appreciate it

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a mode on the game.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's a mode on the game.

I know that it's a mode in the game, but why call the manual pdf for the game Rampage instead of Legends of Valhalla? Seems weird.

#373 1 year ago

The stream was recorded from last nights gameplay.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1468784282

#374 1 year ago

Getting the hang of the game, and really enjoying it!

Have developed a few questions that I'm hoping some here can assist with.

1. I'm having trouble with the lockbar. I watched the video on AP and understand how the screws work, but it's still loose. If I raise the screws more, then they'll have to be moved when I slide the glass out. Is this just what I'll have to do? (EDIT: I have the hood up and now ACTUALLY understand how the screws work. Nevermind this for now)

2. Any concerns with scoop protection? Getting a cliffy/scoop protector on my GOTG scoop was a day one task for me.

3. What's the proper pitch? I see 6 & 6.5 in various instructions, but I thought I recall seeing a post where somebody said 7.

4. What is the benefit to winning the battles, as opposed to having them time out?

5. If you have both Valkyrie and Thor's Hammer qualified, does pushing the action button choose one over the other?

6. Any strategies for best times to use Valkyries & Thor's Hammer?

7. Art blades are forthcoming, but haven't shipped yet, right? Any action needed other than registering on AP's website?

Sorry for the long list, hopefully mostly layup questions from a still new-ish pinballer... Thanks all!

#375 1 year ago

Getting the hang of the game, and really enjoying it!
Have developed a few questions that I'm hoping some here can assist with.
2. "Any concerns with scoop protection? Getting a cliffy/scoop protector on my GOTG scoop was a day one task for me."
I don't have concerns, but cliffy has the measurements to make a scoop protector and I'm told he will make one.

3. "What's the proper pitch? I see 6 & 6.5 in various instructions, but I thought I recall seeing a post where somebody said 7."
7 is the recommended pitch (unlike the other 3 AP games).

4. "What is the benefit to winning the battles, as opposed to having them time out?"
When you win a battle, you get a 5 million point bonus AND a bonus battle to play. Plus you can't time out the battles, the clock stops after 3 seconds of holding up a flipper and resumes when you hit something. Also, bonus battles are the first battle that you didn't play, so if for example you battle a tier 2 legend like jormungandr and win, your bonus battle will be the first battle you didn't play, so if you didn't play Banshee yet, Banshee will begin, etc

5. "If you have both Valkyrie and Thor's Hammer qualified, does pushing the action button choose one over the other?"
If you have both battle helpers, THors hammer fires first and destroys your enemy, you get the 5 million bonus and a bonus battle. IF you press the 2nd flipper button again, you wasted your Valkyrie and get something like 50k. Wait until you are in a battle to use your Valkyrie (takes the next logical shot away). This is huge help if you have a shot you can't make or its your last shot.

6. "Any strategies for best times to use Valkyries & Thor's Hammer?"
I refer to these as battle helpers. Use them in the 16 legend battles. Use Thors hammers in the tough battles you can't complete or strategically to complete a battle that is followed by a multiball battle. Best time to use a valkyrie is on a tough shot, or the last shot, or during the battle of Dearg Due as the Valkyrie defeats Dearg Due (like a smart bomb).

7. "Art blades are forthcoming, but haven't shipped yet, right? Any action needed other than registering on AP's website?"
Nope register your game and when the art blades are available you will be sent a nice set. Probably be a few months for them to be available.

"Sorry for the long list, hopefully mostly layup questions from a still new-ish pinballer... Thanks all!"

Ask questions! This is the owners club and we want you to enjoy the game. Keep em coming!

#376 1 year ago

Are we still just now getting machines to people that ordered them pretty much day one or are we further down the list yet? Anxiously awaiting the email for mine but didn't get it ordered til January. Trying to keep track of how far along and how many units have shipped.

#377 1 year ago

Is there any # out of 500 on these? i.e. on many limited edition games there's a plaque/card/etc. that says "# of 500", but I don't see one.

If not, wondering if the serial number provides any such clues?

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Are we still just now getting machines to people that ordered them pretty much day one or are we further down the list yet? Anxiously awaiting the email for mine but didn't get it ordered til January. Trying to keep track of how far along and how many units have shipped.

Ordered mine day one and I haven’t received it yet. Checked with my distro and I’m still a long ways out from getting mine.

#379 1 year ago

I have also ordered on day one.
My distro here in Germany should get it in the next week.

#380 1 year ago

Ball save when you start a character would be nice. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve started a character and the ball drains 2 seconds later…end of ball.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ball save when you start a character would be nice. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve started a character and the ball drains 2 seconds later…end of ball.

You can set a ball save on the scoop. It lasts a second or two.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

You can set a ball save on the scoop. It lasts a second or two.

That will help from the scoop, but not from the shooter lane. I’ll adjust it. Thanks.

#383 1 year ago

Anyone within a few hours of DC interested in trading their Legends of Valhalla for a beautiful HUO Oktoberfest? Side art, shaker, knocker, topper.

#384 1 year ago

I really like this game. The artwork is really nice. As a board gamer, I appreciate the look and style. Its a nice departure from the typical artwork. Although I can see how someone wouldn't like it. The animations at not "really animated". More of a "moving a still image". However, you see the same in other pins as well (AiQ for example). I will say the "Extra Ball" animation leaves much to be desired. I have some mods planned. 1st off, I got rid of the "Look what I painted daddy" Odin figure from the playfield. My apologies if that offended anyone, but that figure is seriously bad. I am a former miniature painter so I am probably biased, but wow. So NOT good. Interestingly enough, it looks better without him. Maybe he was an afterthought? I may replace him with a better fig, but for now it looks good without him. More to come . . .

20220502_170934 (resized).jpg20220502_170934 (resized).jpg20220502_172004 (resized).jpg20220502_172004 (resized).jpg
#385 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was the project name for the game.

#386 1 year ago

30 million on 1st ball and multiball going…game off! Bummer. Anyone else had catastrophic failure of Thor’s Hammer? I’ll contact AP…not worried they will make this right.

DC0F681D-FAB1-4583-A0D6-45A28CCBCE35 (resized).jpegDC0F681D-FAB1-4583-A0D6-45A28CCBCE35 (resized).jpeg
#387 1 year ago

Open a request on the support page and they’ll send you a new one. Should only be hammer less for a few days. you can still play until it arrives, it won’t harm a thing. Thanks for your patience

Quoted from dnapac:

30 million on 1st ball and multiball going…game off! Bummer. Anyone else had catastrophic failure of Thor’s Hammer? I’ll contact AP…not worried they will make this right.[quoted image]

#388 1 year ago

Thor’s hammer is 3D printed?

It’s static on the classic right?

#389 1 year ago

I assume the hammer is the same on both models. Yes its 3D printed and hand painted.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thor’s hammer is 3D printed?
It’s static on the classic right?

#390 1 year ago

I assume the hammer is the same on both models. Yes its 3D printed and hand painted.

Yeah. I just wanted to make sure that on the classic it doesn’t move so it won’t break ever hopefully.

#391 1 year ago

That would take away from the cool factor if it didn’t move with the lights and sounds. Hammer shouldn’t break but If it does you get a replacement.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I just wanted to make sure that on the classic it doesn’t move so it won’t break ever hopefully.

#392 1 year ago

That would take away from the cool factor if it didn’t move with the lights and sounds. Hammer shouldn’t break but If it does you get a replacement.

Were the prototypes 3D printed too? The one on location near me never broke I don’t think. So if that was printed too it will put my mind at ease since that’s been put through the ringer.

#393 1 year ago

Yes, same 3D printed design in the prototype. No worries.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Were the prototypes 3D printed too? The one on location near me never broke I don’t think. So if that was printed too it will put my mind at ease since that’s been put through the ringer.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm 500 plays in and it's fine so far.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

30 million on 1st ball and multiball going…game off! Bummer. Anyone else had catastrophic failure of Thor’s Hammer? I’ll contact AP…not worried they will make this right.[quoted image]

Seems like the natural hinge point. Perhaps it can be reprinted with some reinforcement internally?

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from PBatt:Seems like the natural hinge point. Perhaps it can be reprinted with some reinforcement internally?

AP is taking care of me…new one is on the way! Prob just a fluke. Unfortunately, my wife was having an epic first ball and stopped playing when it happened to make sure what was going on and so it didn’t cause further damage. She’ll just have to play more!

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

AP is taking care of me…new one is on the way! Prob just a fluke. Unfortunately, my wife was having an epic first ball and stopped playing when it happened to make sure what was going on and so it didn’t cause further damage. She’ll just have to play more!

Is your wife's name Hela?

#398 1 year ago

Having a problem with the ball trough…. Balls are not ejecting 100% and is a big problem with ball save- ball tries to eject, falls back and I lose that ball…

I watched carefully the ball ejects- two items- the metal flap that keeps the ball in when lifting the table (does not seem to be the culprit) causes a little resistance. I also noticed there is a rubber disc on the undersurface of the top of the trough eject- this may be the culprit.

I have tried turning up and down the coil power.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#399 1 year ago

Shouldn’t there be compensation in the code to help with this? At least should not end you ball or the ball save should not be timing out. Ie, no playfield validation until a switch has been hit.

#400 1 year ago

Contact support. Dave will help you adjust the trough and has a video on the hardware adjust

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Quoted from GranpaDave:

Having a problem with the ball trough…. Balls are not ejecting 100% and is a big problem with ball save- ball tries to eject, falls back and I lose that ball…
I watched carefully the ball ejects- two items- the metal flap that keeps the ball in when lifting the table (does not seem to be the culprit) causes a little resistance. I also noticed there is a rubber disc on the undersurface of the top of the trough eject- this may be the culprit.
I have tried turning up and down the coil power.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.