image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 37.
#301 2 years ago

Flipper toppers from Back Alley Creations!

20220402_123938 (resized).jpg20220402_123938 (resized).jpg20220402_123943 (resized).jpg20220402_123943 (resized).jpg
#302 2 years ago

Have any images of the inner art blades been released?
Looks like it will be awhile before export games are done so looking for something to keep the anticipation up.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Have any images of the inner art blades been released?
Looks like it will be awhile before export games are done so looking for something to keep the anticipation up.

Nope they haven’t shared yet.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing! He also makes blood splattered and blood covered versions as well!

#305 2 years ago

Made an LoV themed pingulp with a sticker from redbubble!

20220406_155151 (resized).jpg20220406_155151 (resized).jpg
#306 2 years ago

What best NIB price for LOV Deluxe?
See there listed for $8400
If not comfortable posting price, PM me

Cheers

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Cheers

That’s what I paid. Definitely don’t regret it.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Cheers

$8395 for me. Love the game!

#309 2 years ago

Is there a comparison chart LOV Deluxe vs Classic?

#310 2 years ago

There was mention of the changes to the classic at the Texas pinball festival seminar but no chart yet on paper until most of the deluxe games are made. I can’t find the seminar video, but perhaps it’s still available for viewing.

Quoted from Madmax541:

Is there a comparison chart LOV Deluxe vs Classic?

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There was mention of the changes to the classic at the Texas pinball festival seminar but no chart yet on paper until most of the deluxe games are made. I can’t find the seminar video, but perhaps it’s still available for viewing.

Backglass not Mirrored
No side art
No shaker motor
No invisiglass
No knocker
No odin figure (replaced with flat plastic one)

Am I missing anything?

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Am I missing anything?

No Topper.
No gold powdercoating and gold foiled apron.
No painted shields on the ship.

#313 2 years ago

I recall two more changes from the talk - the skull sculpt will be replaced with a flat standup skull plastic on the standard model and the cabinet art will get a small modification to be different for the standard model.

The good news is both owners will get the same code, same playfield mechs, same lighting and same gameplay.
The Deluxe owners will have collectible features they desire and the standard owners will save a few bucks and still get a great game.

Quoted from solid_snake:

Backglass not Mirrored
No side art
No shaker motor
No invisiglass
No knocker
No odin figure (replaced with flat plastic one)
No Topper.
No gold powdercoating and gold foiled apron.
No painted shields on the ship.

#314 2 years ago

Have any pricing details on classic been announced?
Any details on when classic will be in production?

Trying to decide on Deluxe or wait for classic?

#315 2 years ago

Has anyone received their game this month? Lets see some pics fellas! I see 54 owners in the pinside owners club, surely there are more.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

No , not yet.

I am a deluxe owner, but if I was in your place I would think this way:

First off, this is a real sleeper of a game at this point. It has very good to excellent play. The shots are very rewarding. The sound track is one of the best in pinball. The rules are fun! There is a lot to them and you do have mode selection options. You can understand them with some time on the game and a little reviewing of the rules write up's.

Ok, now, the Deluxe pricing was announced last October. Unfortunately, parts availability/inflation has continued since that time. That has to cut into the future price difference tween the two game options.

The money value of the listed deluxe features above maybe worth 1000 to 1200?

Their new Hot Wheels are pricing out in the mid 6K range. I would expect they're pricing to be comparable to the existing Hot Wheels games and come in the the mid to hi 6K range. At 7K , value wise , to me at least NIB to NIB they are a push.

That being said these games are not taking off in the secondary market like the Stern's. A great Pinsider has a deluxe on the market with an 800 dollar or so discount ( sound like the old days !) I would have no hesitation in buying his game right now

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

If it is for HUO, the Deluxe addons made it an easy call for myself. Though, obviously all comes down to personal preference.

#318 2 years ago

The good news is both owners will get the same code, same playfield mechs, same lighting and same gameplay.
The Deluxe owners will have collectible features they desire and the standard owners will save a few bucks and still get a great game.

I love that this is how AP does trim levels. IMO it's the right way. Is Stern the only manufacturer where gameplay is altered between trim levels? With the Stern model, I think it would feel bad to pay extra to have all the gameplay elements, while also feeling bad to pay less and go without them.

#319 2 years ago

No, other manufacturers also have physical gameplay differences across price tiers.

#320 2 years ago

Has anyone received their game this month? Lets see some pics fellas! I see 54 owners in the pinside owners club, surely there are more.

Anxiously waiting for the email from my distro! Hope its not too much longer.

#321 2 years ago

LOV arrived at my local terminal on my birthday (Monday, April 4 for those that want to send me a present). Ordered in October. What a great birthday present. What a terrific game. Stunning to look at, satisfying makable shots, great sound package. I’m not a huge rules guy and these seem very straightforward and not 24 pages of rules which I like.

Much appreciated for making a terrific game. Well worth the wait and fairly priced when compared to other games especially with all of the add-ons.

Came without a born-on date which was weird.

25C0942C-0D81-4459-B4B2-C9D3ACCF2FD0 (resized).jpeg25C0942C-0D81-4459-B4B2-C9D3ACCF2FD0 (resized).jpeg73923989-0856-4941-BA9F-F9371A9A1CE8 (resized).jpeg73923989-0856-4941-BA9F-F9371A9A1CE8 (resized).jpegD4738598-6006-4E02-8ECE-8C7D222D02E8 (resized).jpegD4738598-6006-4E02-8ECE-8C7D222D02E8 (resized).jpegF843BB04-8DA7-4C57-B396-893F1ECA381B (resized).jpegF843BB04-8DA7-4C57-B396-893F1ECA381B (resized).jpeg
#322 2 years ago

Thank you for the pics and so glad you are enjoying the game!

Quoted from Hogey:

LOV arrived at my local terminal on my birthday (Monday, April 4 for those that want to send me a present). Ordered in October. What a great birthday present. What a terrific game. Stunning to look at, satisfying makable shots, great sound package. I’m not a huge rules guy and these seem very straightforward and not 24 pages of rules which I like.
Much appreciated for making a terrific game. Well worth the wait and fairly priced when compared to other games especially with all of the add-ons.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You share a birthday with the designer.

I just got my AP production model a few days ago and now officially join the club as well. It looks pretty cool next to my “All Father” edition prototype.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check to sticker on the inner left cab, inside the coin door. Should have the manufacture date there.

#325 2 years ago

Added mine!!

Couple of questions

I believe I got Victory laps in one game? If I did , how did I do that?

Can the War on Land modes have an ending such as Victory laps?

Can the knocker be integrated more with the game play/extra balls/replays?

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Added mine!!
Couple of questions

Victory laps are bonus battles. Complete a battle and you get I think 5M bonus plus you will roll into another legend battle in the lowest tier not completed.

I could be wrong, but don’t think War on Sea/Land have victory laps.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Added mine!!
Couple of questions

Victory laps happen if you battle and finish a Legend in battle mode under multiball. After you defeat them, you will go into victory laps until you lose a ball to single play. Then you will get a bonus battle.

#328 2 years ago

"Couple of questions
I believe I got Victory laps in one game? If I did , how did I do that?"
Victory laps happen when you complete a multiball legend battle (there are 5 of them) and are still in multiball. Shoot the white arrows for increasing award. Once you drain to single ball, you get the 5 million completion bonus and a bonus battle begins.
You also get Victory laps for completing Viking Multiball (the second sea multiball) again, if you have MB when you complete it, and a couple of other MB battles during the game.

"Can the War on Land modes have an ending such as Victory laps?"
No, War on land modes are timed and continue until you run out of time. you can increase the time by hitting the berzerker and it is unlimited. This is a great opportunity to hone your shots during these battles to be ready for the legend battles. After you play the first 3 war on land battles, you get a random war on land battle with increasing values.

"Can the knocker be integrated more with the game play/extra balls/replays?"
Knocker is used in free play for replay, credit play for credit and anytime the hammer/magnet fires. I hesitate to use it more often than that but am open to a specific example where it might be cool!

#329 2 years ago

Super jackpot shots that are especially hard to setup would be cool.

#330 2 years ago

Any disenchanted LoH owners near Washington, DC interested in trading for a like new Oktoberfest? Shaker, knocker, side art, topper.

#331 2 years ago

LoV, sorry for the typo!

#332 2 years ago

What a game...

Beautiful - stands out in my row of Stern's (which are great games). Artwork and colors are super.

Sound- really good. I don't mind draining the last ball - the theme music is outstanding.

The play? Fun!! The shots are makeable, but challenging. The upper flipper to the ship is so satisfying.

Yeah, I know this post belongs in the ratings- will do after I get some more games in. Congrats to all of you owners.

Now AP needs to get on the internet - Scorbit would be great, but I'll take any platform.

#333 2 years ago

Getting mine this week! A brief history - I took the family to TPF (Texas Pinball Fest) a few weeks ago (side note, had great time/highly recommended) looking to play Oktoberfest. AP was there with all of their games. LoV wasn't on my radar. I played Oktoberfest it wasn't my style. I just didn't like to way it shot. I saw LoV and got in line. I think I remember the announcement of this game and I thought, "meh". But I have had a change of heart. The artwork is great! A nice departure from the garish colors of standard pins (which I do not mind). I played a game and I was impressed. Went back for 2nds and 3rds. Its a fun shooter! Kind of reminds me of Godzilla with the flow and shot variation. And I also like the theme! Started doing some research and watching some YouTube. Looks like a a simple ruleset with depth. Progression looks to be simple to understand, but difficult to execute. That is a great combination IMHO. This will be my first AP game (out of 10 in my collection). It also feels good to support a small company (I have a P3 as well). I will rate and update in the near future.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Super nice!!!!!! Wow!!!!

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Getting mine this week! A brief history - I took the family to TPF (Texas Pinball Fest) a few weeks ago (side note, had great time/highly recommended) looking to play Oktoberfest. AP was there with all of their games. LoV wasn't on my radar. I played Oktoberfest it wasn't my style. I just didn't like to way it shot. I saw LoV and got in line. I think I remember the announcement of this game and I thought, "meh". But I have had a change of heart. The artwork is great! A nice departure from the garish colors of standard pins (which I do not mind). I played a game and I was impressed. Went back for 2nds and 3rds. Its a fun shooter! Kind of reminds me of Godzilla with the flow and shot variation. And I also like the theme! Started doing some research and watching some YouTube. Looks like a a simple ruleset with depth. Progression looks to be simple to understand, but difficult to execute. That is a great combination IMHO. This will be my first AP game (out of 10 in my collection). It also feels good to support a small company (I have a P3 as well). I will rate and update in the near future.

You’re gonna love it. I’m very impressed…layout, artwork, sound, lighting, rules. Great addition to our collection. Not going anywhere anytime soon.

#336 2 years ago

Looking for some mods to make the pin unique. I found a valkerie like character for the upper left plastic. I most likely will paint it but it doesn't look half bad as is. Thoughts?

20220409_122255 (resized).jpg20220409_122255 (resized).jpg
#337 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Looking for some mods to make the pin unique. I found a valkerie like character for the upper left plastic. I most likely will paint it but it doesn't look half bad as is. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

That looks cool! Perhaps more like an angel then a Valkyrie (Although they could be considered an Angel)? I can't see the image on the plastic insert. Maybe its a match? Is that shot called the Valkyrie ramp? If do add something, I may do something more like this:
VAL (resized).pngVAL (resized).png

#338 2 years ago

Its here. Wow. Super impressed! Of course everyone that's buys a game is an instant fanboy. That aside, this pin shoots great!

LoV box (resized).jpgLoV box (resized).jpg
#339 2 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Its here. Wow. Super impressed! Of course everyone that's buys a game is an instant fanboy. That aside, this pin shoots great![quoted image]

Congrats! I haven't played my 8 other games hardly at all since mine arrived.

#340 2 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for making the dagger shot (right side of ship)? I hit it cleanly with the upper flipper and it rejects before it can enter and then usually comes back down straight down the middle. It’s happening too often. Hard hit right there and it rattles getting rejected.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does anyone have any tips for making the dagger shot (right side of ship)? I hit it cleanly with the upper flipper and it rejects before it can enter and then usually comes back down straight down the middle. It’s happening too often. Hard hit right there and it rattles getting rejected.

I hit that shot with lower left flipper. It's not a tough shot from there.

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I hit that shot with lower left flipper. It's not a tough shot from there.

I can sometimes. I wouldn’t say it’s an easy shot from the lower left flipper though.

#343 2 years ago

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new game and add it to your pinside collection when you get a chance

Quoted from PBatt:

Its here. Wow. Super impressed! Of course everyone that's buys a game is an instant fanboy. That aside, this pin shoots great![quoted image]

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I can sometimes. I wouldn’t say it’s an easy shot from the lower left flipper though.

Compared to the lower loop from left flipper it is lol. Wish I could master that but I basically kick that one to upper left flipper.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

The “dagger” shot (just to the right of the center ramp) is intended to be hit from a cradled right flipper. If you’re accurate you can hit it from the lower left flipper. I would imagine you’ll brick every time trying to hit the dagger shot with the upper flipper. As for the “club” shot (just to the left of the ramp that feeds the ship) there is a sweet spot depending on what speed the ball is traveling before it reaches the flipper. Just gotta get your timing down and adjust based on the speed of the ball and be ready for it whipping around underneath the ship when you do hit it clean.

#346 2 years ago

Next update of the software will include Valhalla and Ragnarok Champs. Get ready to carve your initials!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#347 2 years ago

Haven't seen it discussed yet but there is a tilt glitch where if you are playing 2 player and the person before you tilts, the machine will auto plunge the ball for the next person. I am sure API is aware of it.

#348 2 years ago

I just tested this scenario. 2 players, player 1 tilted, ball drained, 5 second delay to settle the tilt bob and next player started normally. Next player did not autoplunge. If player 1 tilts with ball in the shooter, that ball will autoplunge, drain, 5 second delay and next player starts. If you find a way to confirm you still have this issue, let me know how to reproduce it.

Quoted from Scoot:

Haven't seen it discussed yet but there is a tilt glitch where if you are playing 2 player and the person before you tilts, the machine will auto plunge the ball for the next person. I am sure API is aware of it.

#349 2 years ago

This happened when I was hosting a party and it was on 4 players. One person drained and before the next person got up to play the ball, it autoplunged into play. It only happened one time so not sure how or why it happened. I believe it happened to player 3.

I was just able to recreate it. It happened to player 4. The game is still going. Should I insert a drive right now to get the info?

#350 2 years ago

Obligatory pinball pic post.

20220415_153410 (resized).jpg20220415_153410 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.