image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 37.
#251 2 years ago

New code. Should be released by then

Quoted from madamyates:

Will LOV have new code at the TPF this weekend or will it be running v21.12.30?

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

Hello.
My name is Patrick and I haven't been here at pinside that long. But I've been active in the German flippermarkt.de forum for a few years.
For 2 months I've been developing a quartet - 88 cards from pinball machines between 1980 and today. I got all the pictures of the pinball machines from members of the forum. Unfortunately none of us have the "Legends of Valhalla" and it will not be available in Germany until further notice.
Hence my question: Can someone take pictures of pinball and Playfield? Alternatively, I would ask permission to use the photos posted here in the thread. The rights to the pictures then pass to me, whereby the use is limited to the pinball quartet alone.
As a thank you, I'll be happy to send a quartet when it's finished.
Here are a few examples so you know what I'm talking about.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

6C05C09B-BCEC-4C41-A833-3C04F97B55EC (resized).jpeg6C05C09B-BCEC-4C41-A833-3C04F97B55EC (resized).jpegA11E6DE8-F178-45FA-AEB1-5813481FE96E (resized).jpegA11E6DE8-F178-45FA-AEB1-5813481FE96E (resized).jpeg
#253 2 years ago

Just entered the club yesterday. Pretty impressed so far. Need to do surgery on the game today tho. The ship shots do not register, nor does the ship lock the balls. They did work on arrival but something happened around game 10 or so. Need to pull the ship cover and open the manual.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Just entered the club yesterday. Pretty impressed so far. Need to do surgery on the game today tho. The ship shots do not register, nor does the ship lock the balls. They did work on arrival but something happened around game 10 or so. Need to pull the ship cover and open the manual.

Could be a switch or opto, haven't poked inside the ship myself yet to see how its done. One thing to note is that the tie wrapper guy went bezerk on this game and there is zero play in the wires. I had to cut some to free the wires up as I had a couple connectors pull loose from boards. So check that first.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Congrats! Who did you order your game through?

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Congrats! Who did you order your game through?

Joe at PinballStar. I ordered early the morning the game was announced

Quoted from glpinball:

Could be a switch or opto, haven't poked inside the ship myself yet to see how its done. One thing to note is that the tie wrapper guy went bezerk on this game and there is zero play in the wires. I had to cut some to free the wires up as I had a couple connectors pull loose from boards. So check that first.

Yea I am thinking opto also. I did hear something hit the bottom of the cabinet similar to the sound a screw makes when it drops sometime during the first few games.. Will update later once I get inside the ship

#257 2 years ago

When you check it out, the online manual has the ship switch numbers in the correct order. (it was updated). There are 3 optos.

Service menu, switch test. shiplock1 closest to the exit of the ship, shiplock2 next to it, rightrampenter closest to the entrance of the ship
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2022-3/Rampage-Manual-10-19-2021.pdf

see figure 3-5

Quoted from sulli10:

Joe at PinballStar. I ordered early the morning the game was announced

Yea I am thinking opto also. I did hear something hit the bottom of the cabinet similar to the sound a screw makes when it drops sometime during the first few games.. Will update later once I get inside the ship

#258 2 years ago

Joe at PinballStar. I ordered early the morning the game was announced"

Wow its crazy that you are only getting your game now. Its been 5 months since that time and looks like its going to take well over a year to get through all these LOVs at this pace. Supply chain must be crushing AP right now.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Spoke this morning. Sounds like the E-clip that holds the spring came off.
LOV ship down post

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Spoke this morning. Sounds like the E-clip that holds the spring came off.
LOV ship down post

That is correct. lost the c clip off the post. Found the c clip in the bottom of the cabinet. Used the link above. All good.
Excellent support form Steve at AP!!!!!!!

#261 2 years ago

So in the club with about 40 games so far. For those that are waiting, I believe you will be happy!

Excellent packaging. My first NIB AP( I had a Houdini HUO from a trade for about 15 minutes) So I was impressed.

Beautiful game. I like the art work. Different style than any thing else I have/had.

Mirror back glass looks super.

The gold powder coating looks solid. I am not a fan of gold powder, but this comes off well.

The apron looks great with the gold inlay. Cannot read the instructions on the left side of the apron. Font is too small. My wife noticed and pointed it out. I told her it was ancient Norse writing due to the theme. She was impressed. My story and I am sticking to it .

Top of the class hardware used under the play field. Very impressed with that.

Sound / sound tracks are outstanding. I struggle to think of a game with a better sound track.

A lot of call outs to help along the way.

A lot of hand drawn pics for display on the LCD. Similar approach as JJP Pirates. I can see how this is not somes cup of tea. Fine for me. Sound and call outs more important to my play.

All the shots are satisfying. The two outside loops are tight but can be hit. The ramps are pretty cool as well. For the two that return the ball to the flippers, a weaker shot seems to get pulled through the bend. The ramp to the ship is very makeable. Reminds me of Dr Who. The two inner loops are really cool with the magnet helping.

Plenty of flipper power to make all the shots

Combo’s are make able and satisfying.

Light show is very good. I prefer colored GI setting over bright white. The lightning show at the end of each ball is top shelf.

Code seems well done. A lot to do and battle sequences are player selectable to head off linear play. Need to study the rules a bit to better under stand.

Plastics look better in person. I like Odin, the skull pile is ok. Only one I do not like is the plastic warrior “collect weapons to unlock” guy. I may remove him when my mod couples mods show up. The ship looks better in person as well

Real knocker that is integrated with game play versus just match/ extra game. Cool idea.

Shaker could be used a little more. Maybe future code.

Overall a very nice package. Will be interesting to see where the code goes. I think more AP games will be in my future .

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#262 2 years ago

Double post. Sorry

#263 2 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to review your new game! Enjoy!!! New code is being vetted at tpf this weekend so you’ll have something new to load next week.

#264 2 years ago

Solid review and great detail sulli10 and I agree that the “Collect Weapons” plastic could be more. Are you putting in the Boathouse mod? I hope it doesn’t block too much view cause it looks pretty nice. One thing I would add to you comments is the sound of the ramps. The make me feel like I am unsheathing a Viking weapon for battle. Adds to the satisfaction of the shots and works so well with the theme.

#265 2 years ago

So made it to Valhalla tonight for the first time. 128M GC for my table.

But I won’t lie, I hit a weird condition which triggered Valhalla on a plunge. I have a recording if you want @luvthatapex2. Short version is… with all 8 tasks complete, I was in Rampage and the ball bounced into the shooter lane right as the mode timed out. I thought it might have triggered Valhalla (which was my hope) but it didn’t cause of timing. Nothing weird yet. So I went to plunge with the expectation of needing to hit the scoop or shooter lane shot again. But the plunge I assume registered the shooter lane switch and went into Valhalla mode. The really weird part was then the game popped up a second ball and fired it off. Two balls didn’t help and I only got 3 of the 9 weapons in Valhalla. I will take it for the first time in the mode.

Also, the 8 tasks light and Valhalla were lite till I hit the first weapon and then just Valhalla was lite. Not sure if that is by design.

Anyway love this game and looking forward to the new code drop coming up! 46EC28DA-83A6-4A7F-8B16-9B15072C1B3A (resized).jpeg46EC28DA-83A6-4A7F-8B16-9B15072C1B3A (resized).jpegD541E254-B0E9-4E78-BF8A-BE3ECF2B5F3C (resized).jpegD541E254-B0E9-4E78-BF8A-BE3ECF2B5F3C (resized).jpeg

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit: patched in latest code

#266 2 years ago

I ordered the game in October. It appears I am low on the list. Losing interest for sure. Looking to others for my next pin or may buy an older pin.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I ordered the game in October. It appears I am low on the list. Losing interest for sure. Looking to others for my next pin or may buy an older pin.

Same

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I know waiting sucks but given the state of the world over the last two years delays are not unexpected. It's a really really fun pin so I wouldnt give up yet. More and more are being shipped every day.
That being said there other fun games as well you can pick up now. What's better than a great pinball game? 2 great pinball games!

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Only two modern games I MIGHT pick up before LoV. Willy Wonka or Godzilla.

Flow with a few tough shots ie crossbow, longbow and dagger…and club isnt easy.

Otherwise the wait is worth it. Be a grown up <——in good fun nothing hateful

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Only two modern games I MIGHT pick up before LoV. Willy Wonka or Godzilla.
Flow with a few tough shots ie crossbow, longbow and dagger…and club isnt easy.
Otherwise the wait is worth it. Be a grown up <——in good fun nothing hateful

Godzilla is amazing!! That’s all I play for the most part. And also Mando!! Wonka is cool. My friend has a nice game!

#271 2 years ago

Yea, I'm a touch disappointed as well. After seeing both LOV, CCR, and Halloween slooow rolling out. I'm likely not pre-ordering anything again. I could have picked up all three machines from other distros who randomly got stock on hand...e.g. Hemisphere (who had extra CCR SE's already) and Operation Pinball (who had extra LOV's already). For me, moral to the story is don't pre-order, I am seeing time and time again random dealers get one or two on hand you can buy ad hoc, before your pre-order is ever filled.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Yea, I'm a touch disappointed as well. After seeing both LOV, CCR, and Halloween slooow rolling out. I'm likely not pre-ordering anything again. I could have picked up all three machines from other distros who randomly got stock on hand...e.g. Hemisphere (who had extra CCR SE's already) and Operation Pinball (who had extra LOV for a minute). For me, moral to the story is don't pre-order, I am seeing time and time again random dealers get one or two on hand you can buy ad hoc, before your pre-order is ever filled.

Now this i can understand a little. I did not preorder the machine.

Logistics (distribution) as FAR Part 37 does need FAR Part 46, Earth wide.

#273 2 years ago

Does anyone have an idea of how many machines have actually been shipped?

#275 2 years ago

Cool to see the update and happy to see the transparency. Also, really cool to see they will be providing art blades to all Deluxe owners. Looking forward to seeing the art!

#276 2 years ago

Wow, amazing! Inner art side blades is really the only thing LOV was missing.
Looking forward to see what Scott have done.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Solid review and great detail sulli10 and I agree that the “Collect Weapons” plastic could be more. Are you putting in the Boathouse mod? I hope it doesn’t block too much view cause it looks pretty nice. One thing I would add to you comments is the sound of the ramps. The make me feel like I am unsheathing a Viking weapon for battle. Adds to the satisfaction of the shots and works so well with the theme.

Yes putting in boat house.Did not notice the ramp sounds until you pointed out. Nice little touch!

#279 2 years ago

Uploading new code now !

So own this cool game less than a week. Get new code and find out also getting new side art as part of the package.

What is not to love about that????

#280 2 years ago

Updated! Now just need to put some games on it.

#281 2 years ago

Great support and customer service. Hopefully my local distributor gets a few LoV deluxes and I can join the club.

#282 2 years ago

Whenever she yells “Vanaheim Combo!”…we hear “Vana White Combo!”

#283 2 years ago

Added the kracken holograffix artblades. Thought I’d share if anyone was interested. I ordered them awhile back before AP announced the artblades for deluxe owners. They look really good with light reflection.

1AF12AFC-7676-42F1-8FAD-29E2586FF726 (resized).jpeg1AF12AFC-7676-42F1-8FAD-29E2586FF726 (resized).jpeg35AABFF8-274E-4372-A53E-D2D17810DAF3 (resized).jpeg35AABFF8-274E-4372-A53E-D2D17810DAF3 (resized).jpeg

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Added the kracken holograffix artblades. Thought I’d share if anyone was interested. I ordered them awhile back before AP announced the artblades for deluxe owners. They look really good with light reflection bouncing off the colors.

Those look nice. Hope to see on other machines

#285 2 years ago

I get my LOV this week. Excited! Loved it at TPF and Expo. New code is great! I'm sure more to come.

#286 2 years ago

Guess I need to follow this thread, wasn't aware new code had dropped! Excited to check it out.

#287 2 years ago

Definitely a good "COMBO"... art blades announced and new code! Will be updating this evening.

#288 2 years ago

Got my game set up last night. Very impressed right out of the box. Art and sound are A+.
Installing the new code tonight when I get home.

Thanks Joe @PinballSTAR. Always great service!

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Added the kracken holograffix artblades. Thought I’d share if anyone was interested. I ordered them awhile back before AP announced the artblades for deluxe owners. They look really good with light reflection.

Those blades look great! I love anything with a Kraken on it.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Got my game set up last night. Very impressed right out of the box. Art and sound are A+.
Thanks Joe PinballSTAR. Always great service!

You order is day 1? Trying to keep track of where the line is at.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

You order is day 1? Trying to keep track of where the line is at.

Yes. Day 1.

#292 2 years ago

Got to Valhalla and Ragnarok tonight in the same game but didn't beat either one. Darn it, guess I'll live to fight another day!

#293 2 years ago

Wow that’s insane. Well done! If you need a bit more challenge, there are some settings to make it harder!

Quoted from glpinball:

Got to Valhalla and Ragnarok tonight in the same game but didn't beat either one. Darn it, guess I'll live to fight another day!

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow that’s insane. Well done! If you need a bit more challenge, there are some settings to make it harder!

Haha I was wondering about the pulse the kraken magnet setting on exit. That could be interesting.

I tried to cheese the last battle before Ragnarok and just trap up vs. Hel but apparently you thought of that and it stopped counting down haha.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Thanks Joe PinballSTAR. Always great service!

Lucky you!! Enjoy. Can’t wait to get mine! It will be a while I’ve been told.

#296 2 years ago

One thing I realized yesterday is that the Fenrir wolf plastic on the right sling makes things more difficult as he blocks sight on the ball coming down the inlane. So it's tough to adjust to a speed change if it rattles or comes down clean. I was getting annoyed bricking the simple ramp shot and I realized that was part of the problem
Jormunganor blocks the left sling sight line a bit as well but not as much and not so critical.

Anyway, not complaining, just something I noticed.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

One thing I realized yesterday is that the Fenrir wolf plastic on the right sling makes things more difficult as he blocks sight on the ball coming down the inlane. So it's tough to adjust to a speed change if it rattles or comes down clean. I was getting annoyed bricking the simple ramp shot and I realized that was part of the problem
Jormunganor blocks the left sling sight line a bit as well but not as much and not so critical.
Anyway, not complaining, just something I noticed.

Haven’t noticed this myself. But now am going to look for it my next games. It’s tough though, cause the look really cool to me. I like that they are there in the design.

#298 2 years ago

I have been trying to figure out how to turn up the music volume without also turning up the callouts. The music is so good but honestly I have a hard time hearing it clearly over the constant callouts. I just want to bump up the music a little bit but all the settings I have changed doesn't seem to make any difference.

#299 2 years ago

The music, callouts and effects are balanced in the mix. There are no separate volumes for music/effects/callouts.

Quoted from Scoot:

I have been trying to figure out how to turn up the music volume without also turning up the callouts. The music is so good but honestly I have a hard time hearing it clearly over the constant callouts. I just want to bump up the music a little bit but all the settings I have changed doesn't seem to make any difference.

#300 2 years ago

Steven Bowden joins us on twitch.tv/buffalopinball tonight at 8pm CST to play Legends of Valhalla.
We will be playing the latest code release, discussing rules & strategies. Also the programmer and designer will be in chat.

277531955_10120914381972694_2670444229274546663_n (resized).jpg277531955_10120914381972694_2670444229274546663_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/6?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.