image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.
#201 2 years ago

Great score, but the new software release this week will correct a scoring anomaly based on a weird spinner condition.

Quoted from Scoot:

I just had a killer game of Valhalla but I don't think this score is legit. Obviously a bug once you hit a wizard mode. I spent most of the game concentrating on spinner shots and getting the hammer. The game again started to play weird once I hit the wizard modes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Had a few good games on this stream. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1422265684
I don’t know all the depth as luvthatapex2 but a few good strategies.

I watched your video/gameplay footage. Thank you.

Earlier I had watched a gameplay video of the new rush pin and it was the best pinball video I had seen. You have a player (I’m unfamiliar with who he is) on the left, and one of the game coders on the right talking and explaining the rules, strategy, shots, code, etc. Although not a Rush fan and the game does little to interest me, this video sold me on getting a game. I think with games that have deeper game code and rule set such as LOV, videos like this would do it great justice to attract more players. Just my opinion and maybe something for future AP pins. Here is a link to the video I’m referencing.

#203 2 years ago

Ok, the spinner exploit is real. Made it to Ragnarok by just continuing to hit spinner shot over and over. Thor's hammer is very powerful and took care of most battles. Made it to both wizard modes. The only settings I have changed is home play. I am looking forward to the updated code and hope the crazy scores can be tamed a bit.

I do love this game.

20220314_174708 (resized).jpg20220314_174708 (resized).jpg
#204 2 years ago

Holy shit. Yeah that needs to be fixed for sure.

#205 2 years ago

I hate stock shooter rods (and plates), haha.

20220314_181945 (resized).jpg20220314_181945 (resized).jpg
#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Ok, the spinner exploit is real. Made it to Ragnarok by just continuing to hit spinner shot over and over. Thor's hammer is very powerful and took care of most battles. Made it to both wizard modes. The only settings I have changed is home play. I am looking forward to the updated code and hope the crazy scores can be tamed a bit.
I do love this game.
[quoted image]

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy shit. Yeah that needs to be fixed for sure.

Prefer it not be Nurfed.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I do love this game.
[quoted image]

That is nuts, but good on you hitting the spinner enough either way. I rattle it too much still.

#208 2 years ago

Funny it took us months to reproduce the spinner bug and you did it twice in 2days. Go figure

Quoted from Scoot:

I do love this game.
[quoted image]

#209 2 years ago

Yay it’s a bug. Haha

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

That is nuts, but good on you hitting the spinner enough either way. I rattle it too much still.

It is one of the few I can hit consistently. Actually the combo I can hit over and over is; center ramp from either flipper, to spinner, to ship from upper flipper. I love that combo.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I think with games that have deeper game code and rule set such as LOV, videos like this would do it great justice to attract more players. Just my opinion and maybe something for future AP pins.

I do the best I can with the streaming knowledge and equipment I have. I try to improve with every stream, but I can't snap my fingers and make everything perfect.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I do the best I can with the streaming knowledge and equipment I have. I try to improve with every stream, but I can't snap my fingers and make everything perfect.

I’m sure joelbob would be happy to help you get this setup with someone that has the game. I would love to help, but I don’t have a game. Haha. Hope to pick up a classic when they come out.

#215 2 years ago

Returned home today after working overseas since December and had my delivery lined up for today. Happy to join the club and finally get some games in.

782A9ECF-0938-4CF6-8A39-13691597C91E (resized).jpeg782A9ECF-0938-4CF6-8A39-13691597C91E (resized).jpegF8451BBB-1D21-4BFD-9823-FB73B7B31B6F (resized).jpegF8451BBB-1D21-4BFD-9823-FB73B7B31B6F (resized).jpeg
#216 2 years ago

Has anyone received this error? I figured probably a loose connection but didn’t see anything.
94B651B4-94A5-4E24-AA37-14E7DF71FF2A (resized).jpeg94B651B4-94A5-4E24-AA37-14E7DF71FF2A (resized).jpeg

#217 2 years ago

Any idea when the code will be available on the website?

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Any idea when the code will be available on the website?

Hopefully Monday. We were validating everything and it got late!

#219 2 years ago

check your pm. your usb cable is either unplugged at the p3roc or at the extension cable in the loom.

Quoted from splitcms:

Has anyone received this error? I figured probably a loose connection but didn’t see anything.
[quoted image]

#220 2 years ago

So, my flashers and spots stopped working. I assumed it was a fuse, but the manual doesn’t show one. Anybody have any ideas. I haven’t lifted the playfield yet…trying to take the easy route.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, my flashers and spots stopped working. I assumed it was a fuse, but the manual doesn’t show one. Anybody have any ideas. I haven’t lifted the playfield yet…trying to take the easy route.

I bet they came unplugged from the board. Not sure where they are located but follow the wires from the spots. There are also boards behind the back wall of the playfield, so check there as well.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I bet they came unplugged from the board. Not sure where they are located but follow the wires from the spots. There are also boards behind the back wall of the playfield, so check there as well.

Thanks. It’s got to be one main plug…multiple spots would be odd. I guess…time to dive in!

#223 2 years ago

For the War On Land modes, what is the point of these? I know what’s needed for each but is there a way to actually complete these modes and if so, what do you get as a reward/incentive?

#224 2 years ago

The war on land battles are side battles that exist to achieve one of your tasks on the way to Valhalla. Consider them shot practice since you can play these an unlimited time (like rampage). After 3 unique war on land battles scoring is increased on each battle so they can be lucrative.

Quoted from splitcms:

For the War On Land modes, what is the point of these? I know what’s needed for each but is there a way to actually complete these modes and if so, what do you get as a reward/incentive?

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The war on land battles are side battles that exist to achieve one of your tasks on the way to Valhalla. Consider them shot practice since you can play these an unlimited time (like rampage). After 3 unique war on land battles scoring is increased on each battle so they can be lucrative.

Thank you for the response. What is considered beating war on lands? I don’t have too many games in but it seems like when I played those modes, the shots just keep populating and I’m unaware if I completed the mode.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Thank you for the response. What is considered beating war on lands? I don’t have too many games in but it seems like when I played those modes, the shots just keep populating and I’m unaware if I completed the mode.

I don't think you can complete it. I think you just have to hit as many shots as you can until the mode ends.

#227 2 years ago

had some ball trough problems today. couldnt seem to get the ball up the ramp to the shooter lane. crashed the software and the machine restarted. noticed the ball not getting out of the trough more & more before this crash.

#228 2 years ago

You keep hitting shots until you run out of time or drain. But! You can increase time each time you hit the berserker!

Quoted from Scoot:

I don't think you can complete it. I think you just have to hit as many shots as you can until the mode ends.

#229 2 years ago

Check the video trough adjustment dave b. Filmed from American pinball on YouTube.

Quoted from c818919taylor:

had some ball trough problems today. couldnt seem to get the ball up the ramp to the shooter lane. crashed the software and the machine restarted. noticed the ball not getting out of the trough more & more before this crash.

Quoted from c818919taylor:

#230 2 years ago
Game looks great!!! Good stream. Hopefully the game comes soon!!

#231 2 years ago

I just got mine last week, it's a great game all around, you guys won't be disappointed.

IMG_20220319_190857416 (resized).jpgIMG_20220319_190857416 (resized).jpg
#232 2 years ago

Man I wished they were making these faster. Does anyone know if they expect to make all 500 by the end of the year?

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Man I wished they were making these faster. Does anyone know if they expect to make all 500 by the end of the year?

My understanding is they are making them as fast a possible, and shipping them out regularly direct to buyers. The game is great and worth the wait. Also looking forward to the code updating coming up!

#234 2 years ago

I wonder if any deluxe's will make it north of the border...I'm hoping they will, would really like to add one to my collection.

#235 2 years ago

Check the video trough adjustment dave b. Filmed from American pinball on YouTube.

Flawless execution.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

I wonder if any deluxe's will make it north of the border...I'm hoping they will, would really like to add one to my collection.

Still in the USA but north of you and taken delivery. Export is a different matter.

#237 2 years ago

Just received mine here in Colorado. Wow! Exceeded expectations. Can use a little more code update but I’m sure that will come.
Also, a HUGE shout out to both “Dave” and “Steve” at American Pinball. Wry responsive to my little issue.

03EEC3AA-B850-4FF6-8D16-D1B26BBCA28E (resized).jpeg03EEC3AA-B850-4FF6-8D16-D1B26BBCA28E (resized).jpeg
#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Just received mine here in Colorado. Wow! Exceeded expectations. Can use a little more code update but I’m sure that will come.
Also, a HUGE shout out to both “Dave” and “Steve” at American Pinball. Very responsive to my little issue.
[quoted image]

#239 2 years ago

Does the screen show any health bar or number of shots left in the legend battles? Curious how you can tell progress in these modes.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does the screen show any health bar or number of shots left in the legend battles? Curious how you can tell progress in these modes.

There isn't a health bar. But I told Frank some weeks ago that a health bar in the battles would be great.
Maybe he think about it

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

There is a callout for the last shot and if you play enough you kinda know where you are.

#242 2 years ago

Every legend battle (16), sea multiball (3) and wizard mode has a message during the battle to show the number of shots remaining. Here are a few examples.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from Pmaino:

#243 2 years ago

Right and sometimes there is a callout to say 2 more shots or where you are besides the shots remaining on screen.

Quoted from glpinball:

There is a callout for the last shot and if you play enough you kinda know where you are.

#244 2 years ago

Thor is the only one with a health meter (since he is the only legend battle that you can't use the hammer against). His battle is power (to regain the hammer) and health. I haven't found a good placement for a health bar in the battles, it takes up too much room, but I will still consider it.
You;ll also notice the SHIP LOCKS (# of balls locked in the ship), valkyrie image (the helmet is unlit so you don' t have a valkyrie at this point) and the hammer power icon, timer, and the AXE. The AXE actually fills up with red as you achieve ballsaves from shields of the gods and when its glowing red you start a mini wizard mode entitled RAGE!pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from Twister:

There isn't a health bar. But I told Frank some weeks ago that a health bar in the battles would be great.
Maybe he think about it

#245 2 years ago

Any tips on making the “club” shot (right of the ship)? Seems almost impossible to hit it from the left flipper. Could this be pitch related?

#246 2 years ago

Club shot is from the mid left flipper. You can barely make it from the lower left flipper but sometimes! Its easy from the mid left flipper though.
For those wondering Club is one of the 9 weapons you can collect that open up more battles to play (but you can collect more than one of each of them, except during VALHALLA).

Quoted from splitcms:

Any tips on making the “club” shot (right of the ship)? Seems almost impossible to hit it from the left flipper. Could this be pitch related?

#247 2 years ago

Club shot is from the mid left flipper. You can barely make it from the lower left flipper but sometimes! Its easy from the mid left flipper though.
For those wondering Club is one of the 9 weapons you can collect that open up more battles to play (but you can collect more than one of each of them, except during VALHALLA).

Thanks. I thought I was going crazy not being able to hit that shot from the lower left flipper. When trying I hit the post or ship target.

#248 2 years ago

Thor is the only one with a health meter (since he is the only legend battle that you can't use the hammer against). His battle is power (to regain the hammer) and health. I haven't found a good placement for a health bar in the battles, it takes up too much room, but I will still consider it.
You;ll also notice the SHIP LOCKS (# of balls locked in the ship), valkyrie image (the helmet is unlit so you don' t have a valkyrie at this point) and the hammer power icon, timer, and the AXE. The AXE actually fills up with red as you achieve ballsaves from shields of the gods and when its glowing red you start a mini wizard mode entitled RAGE![quoted image]

What about just putting a health % over the character like you have with the Zeus battle?

#249 2 years ago

Hello.
My name is Patrick and I haven't been here at pinside that long. But I've been active in the German flippermarkt.de forum for a few years.

For 2 months I've been developing a quartet - 88 cards from pinball machines between 1980 and today. I got all the pictures of the pinball machines from members of the forum. Unfortunately none of us have the "Legends of Valhalla" and it will not be available in Germany until further notice.
Hence my question: Can someone take pictures of pinball and Playfield? Alternatively, I would ask permission to use the photos posted here in the thread. The rights to the pictures then pass to me, whereby the use is limited to the pinball quartet alone.
As a thank you, I'll be happy to send a quartet when it's finished.
Here are a few examples so you know what I'm talking about.
I3-RS003 (resized).jpgI3-RS003 (resized).jpgO2SpiderMan001 (resized).jpgO2SpiderMan001 (resized).jpgU3AIQ001 (resized).jpgU3AIQ001 (resized).jpgL2MM001 (resized).jpgL2MM001 (resized).jpgI1-WCS002 (resized).jpgI1-WCS002 (resized).jpg

394988-0c16b8ac9e86e91cb60e4de4c44e32da (resized).jpg394988-0c16b8ac9e86e91cb60e4de4c44e32da (resized).jpg394248-cb5be80fff81793062f5bbfcfcdfa016 (resized).jpg394248-cb5be80fff81793062f5bbfcfcdfa016 (resized).jpg

#250 2 years ago

Will LOV have new code at the TPF this weekend or will it be running v21.12.30?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/5?hl=athlete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.