image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 37.
#151 2 years ago

Ok, so I don't think this has been answered in the thread or on the rules sheet... but with Thor's hammer it clears the Legend Battle. Got that. I have used it while the ball is in play, and it completes that battle and triggers your next battle as if you completed it via hitting the shots. But I saw brenna98 on VOD stream shoot the right loop and lock it on the magnet under the hammer. So, I am trying to understand the difference; do you hit the 3rd button right before the ball reaches the magnet, does it score more if you capture the ball vs. just pressing the button, does it matter, ...?

Also, I am really struggling the backhand the left-flipper to under upper-flipper shot? I checked the games level and it should be fine, but wondering if it is just my timing or something like the playfield level. I was hitting it fairly consistently on day one of the game and it didn't seem so tight of a shot then. Anyone else?

#152 2 years ago

RandomRetro
The hammer activates the magnet as well. I don’t think catching the ball with the hammer magnet does anything. luvthatapex2 might know.

Backhand under the left flipper: I’m better some days than others. The left to right level is a factor as well as the angle of the flipper bat.
I’ll concentrate on that next stream.

#153 2 years ago

Firing the hammer does 2 things at the same time:
It brings the hammer down
It activates the magnet to hold the ball to coincide with the hammer, like it's crushing the ball.
Magnet then releases the ball into the center top rollover.

Quoted from brenna98:

RandomRetro
The hammer activates the magnet as well. I don’t think catching the ball with the hammer magnet does anything. luvthatapex2 might know.
Backhand under the left flipper: I’m better some days than others. The left to right level is a factor as well as the angle of the flipper bat.
I’ll concentrate on that next stream.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Firing the hammer does 2 things at the same time:
It activates the magnet to hold the ball to coincide with the hammer, like it's crushing the ball.

Ok so capturing the ball doesn’t give additional points or anything, just a cool show off move to hit? I just don’t want to be missing out on points. Not that my scorers are that high.

#155 2 years ago

I finally got to play this at The District in Oviedo FL. It was off... so I turned it on, had credits and played. Very good flow overall, still ugly art in person and weak fake animations but ok modes I guess... if you tilt it can't figure that balls are locked in the ship that looks like a ufo light up Zeppelin thing lol.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:Firing the hammer does 2 things at the same time:

What do the top rollover lanes do/achieve? I apologize but I did not see this in your rule sheet that you were nice enough to provide. I’m just trying to learn the rules the best I can before I receive my game. Thank you

#157 2 years ago

Too bad your first play was on a machine that was not operating properly. Perhaps thats why it was off. The ship will definately dump balls at the end of the game so their ship was not working properly. Technical support would be happy to resolve this issue if the site reaches out. Hopefully you'll give the game a chance again when you see one again.

Quoted from HighProtein:

I finally got to play this at The District in Oviedo FL. It was off... so I turned it on, had credits and played. Very good flow overall, still ugly art in person and weak fake animations but ok modes I guess... if you tilt it can't figure that balls are locked in the ship that looks like a ufo light up Zeppelin thing lol.

#158 2 years ago

The top rollovers add end of ball bonus multiplier. 3x bonus multiplier awards GOD OF THUNDER.
Center top rollover is also the final kill shot in legend battles Jormungandr, Grendel and Thor.

Quoted from splitcms:

What do the top rollover lanes do/achieve? I apologize but I did not see this in your rule sheet that you were nice enough to provide. I’m just trying to learn the rules the best I can before I receive my game. Thank you

#159 2 years ago

The top rollovers add end of ball bonus multiplier. 3x bonus multiplier awards GOD OF THUNDER.
Center top rollover is also the final kill shot in legend battles Jormungandr, Grendel and Thor.

Thank you for the explanation.

#161 2 years ago

Why can't you start multiball with rampage going? It would seem awesome to stack it and get a ton of points like you can in Houdini with the needle trick. Feels like a cool feature missed.

16470395907541492612057487081395 (resized).jpg16470395907541492612057487081395 (resized).jpg
#162 2 years ago

You can stack all 16 legend battles with sea multi balls. No other stacking.

Quoted from Scoot:

Why can't you start multiball with rampage going? It would seem awesome to stack it and get a ton of points like you can in Houdini with the needle trick. Feels like a cool feature missed.
[quoted image]

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Cool idea, but the intent of Rampage is about making clean shots and having to choose to double or triple up one shot for more points or start building up other shots versus just getting lucky with balls flying around. Multiball would make it way too easy in my opinion and make it less special. Seems to be plenty of MB action in the game already.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Cool idea, but the intent of Rampage is about making clean shots and having to choose to double or triple up one shot for more points or start building up other shots versus just getting lucky with balls flying around. Multiball would make it way too easy in my opinion and make it less special. Seems to be plenty of MB action in the game already.

Ok, I appreciate the explanation. During Rampage you also can't lock a shot into the ship if lock is lit before the mode started. Why is that? I understand not allowing multibal to start but I should still get the lock if I make it there. I have noticed that on a few modes. I do love the shots in this game but sometimes that upper ramp is tough to hit.

#165 2 years ago

After posting just now, I thought about why I like the needle trick on Houdini so much. It is a mode that is scored simply by registered hits on the playfield. That's why I love stacking a multiball with it or try to as it could be a game changer with the scoring. I guess that's why it felt odd to me not to allow stacking with Rampage since the mode seemed similar.

#166 2 years ago

24 hours and 50 games. Still learning the rules (haven’t figured out how to light the hammer yet…but did it by accident). Wife put up a good game. This is my first AP. Man, Riot and AP really did a good job on this game. Having a blast!0

5EA2C0E2-EAA1-453E-9B80-CBA482B9CA7F (resized).jpeg5EA2C0E2-EAA1-453E-9B80-CBA482B9CA7F (resized).jpegCB4603EB-48D6-4A40-B711-228E561070B3 (resized).jpegCB4603EB-48D6-4A40-B711-228E561070B3 (resized).jpeg
#167 2 years ago

Oh, 1 more thing…the left orbit isn’t very smooth. The ball seems to get hung up and not make the orbit. Has anyone remove the post at the beginning of the orbit? Or is there another adjustment to look at?

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Oh, 1 more thing…the left orbit isn’t very smooth. The ball seems to get hung up and not make the orbit. Has anyone remove the post at the beginning of the orbit? Or is there another adjustment to look at?

Left orbit is a tough, tight shot, there’s definitely a sweet spot.

Thor’s hammer is lit by hitting the spinner with Thor’s hammer on it enough times. The display will indicate in the lower corner with a solid color hammer when ready.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I removed mine. Still tight but much better.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I removed mine. Still tight but much better.

I just figured it's supposed to be a tough shot. Wonder if I should consider removing post.

#171 2 years ago

Don't forget to rate LOV on pinside so it can make the board.

#172 2 years ago

A week in still can’t stop playing LOV

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

A week in still can’t stop playing LOV

I'm obsessed. 130 games in a week.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I'm obsessed. 130 games in a week.

Can’t wait to get mine. It’s currently in transit to me.

#175 2 years ago

You can remove the post, but the post is there to ensure clean shots around the left loop. Your game, do what works for you!

Quoted from glpinball:

I just figured it's supposed to be a tough shot. Wonder if I should consider removing post.

#176 2 years ago

You have just a few seconds on the timer to make a shot in rampage. If you could lock balls in the ship during this time rampage would be over. This way the balls fly through the ship and you can keep the flow going on in rampage. It’s a decision I made based on lots of playing and feedback. Thematically you are on a rampage kicking ass and not taking a break to get in the ship

Quoted from Scoot:

Ok, I appreciate the explanation. During Rampage you also can't lock a shot into the ship if lock is lit before the mode started. Why is that? I understand not allowing multibal to start but I should still get the lock if I make it there. I have noticed that on a few modes. I do love the shots in this game but sometimes that upper ramp is tough to hit.

#177 2 years ago

You have just a few seconds on the timer to make a shot in rampage. If you could lock balls in the ship during this time rampage would be over. This way the balls fly through the ship and you can keep the flow going on in rampage. It’s a decision I made based on lots of playing and feedback. Thematically you are on a rampage kicking ass and not taking a break to get in the ship

You should do a gameplay video/commentary explaining the rules in more detail and strategy

#178 2 years ago

I think most people like to discovery the strategies themselves and I posted the rules to help earlier in this thread. But if you have any questions I’d be happy to explain anything! I left a few strategy hints earlier in this thread too.

Oh by the way, new code next week. We are testing the next update this weekend for a code release next week.

Quoted from splitcms:

You should do a gameplay video/commentary explaining the rules in more detail and strategy

#179 2 years ago

I think most people like to discovery the strategies themselves and I posted the rules to help earlier in this thread. But if you have any questions I’d be happy to explain anything! I left a few strategy hints earlier in this thread too.
Oh by the way, new code next week. We are testing the next update this weekend for a code release next week.

Sounds excellent. I'm thinking about geting a LoV, its very impressive to know that code updates come on a regular basis. I've never played one and I am a little concerned about purchasing one since I always play machines before I buy them...All the information I have seen in this forum certianly sounds like the machine is a home run.

#180 2 years ago

There are 24 locations that you can play the game. The closest one to you is
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/3828-pocketeer-billiards-and-bar-cheektowaga-ny

Might be a nice road trip!

Quoted from Angel:

Sounds excellent. I'm thinking about geting a LoV, its very impressive to know that code updates come on a regular basis. I've never played one and I am a little concerned about purchasing one since I always play machines before I buy them...All the information I have seen in this forum certianly sounds like the machine is a home run.

#181 2 years ago

My lock bar is loose…shifts when I play. Any ideas on how to tighten it?

#182 2 years ago

Quoted from dnapac:

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Two brass screws, tighten them.

#184 2 years ago

Didn’t open up the left loop, just played better. Wife and I are having a blast!!! 48 hours since I set up the game. To those waiting…it’s definitely worth it!

7050C921-3FC7-4B15-A5B9-10139E64B5CA (resized).jpeg7050C921-3FC7-4B15-A5B9-10139E64B5CA (resized).jpegF56256DD-CE20-4BFF-A68E-CF09A0D82459 (resized).jpegF56256DD-CE20-4BFF-A68E-CF09A0D82459 (resized).jpeg
#185 2 years ago

I made it to Valhalla today and while playing my ball, the flippers just died and the ball drained. My girlfriend was player 2 and it wouldn't spit out a ball for her. Had to turn off the game. Did get a high score though. Screen shot right before cycling the game.

IMG-20220312-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20220312-WA0000 (resized).jpg
#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I made it to Valhalla today and while playing my ball, the flippers just died and the ball drained. My girlfriend was player 2 and it wouldn't spit out a ball for her. Had to turn off the game. Did get a high score though. Screen shot right before cycling the game.
[quoted image]

Did you play on location?

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

What a score! I suspect the new code will take care of this bug. 1 of the most satisfying shots in recent pinball is the super skill shot…hitting the ship off the plunge…love it every time I nail that shot.

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Did you play on location?

Nope, my game.

20220223_210433 (resized).jpg20220223_210433 (resized).jpg
#189 2 years ago

Do I want to back pedal in time now and get me a Houdini? I need to research that more I guess.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Didn’t open up the left loop, just played better. Wife and I are having a blast!!! 48 hours since I set up the game. To those waiting…it’s definitely worth it![quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. I have never even taken my glass off. The game keeps me coming back out of the box. Once you get used to the shots and the flippers it works. I can see some who only play it a couple times get a strange vibe. I did at first. Now, I appreciate it more.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Do I want to back pedal in time now and get me a Houdini? I need to research that more I guess.

I do like Houdini…but Vahalla really is a great pin. Seems more refined…even though early. Riot did a great job. Two great games, but Houdini is definitely a major players pin…much harder shots.

#192 2 years ago

Houdini is a fantastic game. It's one of my favorites along side Oktoberfest. It has some great, unique modes that are super fun to shoot. Hitting the inner loop shot is tough, but is super satisfying when the catapult throws the ball in the trunk. Never gets old.

LOV is all about flow. I can combo for days and hitting that skill shot up the ramp with the knocker firing off send goose bumps down my spine. I love the spinner shot to the upper ramp as well. The music is also so good on this pin. LOV is another fantastic addition to American Pinballs lineup.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Houdini is a fantastic game. It's one of my favorites along side Oktoberfest. It has some great, unique modes that are super fun to shoot. Hitting the inner loop shot is tough, but is super satisfying when the catapult throws the ball in the trunk. Never gets old.
LOV is all about flow. I can combo for days and hitting that skill shot up the ramp with the knocker firing off send goose bumps down my spine. I love the spinner shot to the upper ramp as well. The music is also so good on this pin. LOV is another fantastic addition to American Pinballs lineup.

I have a LOV on the way but have not had the chance to play one yet. Do the flippers feel the same as Houdini? Houdini to me felt more like a JJP game (a little laggy). Someone mentioned that LOV flippers feel more like a stern?

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I have a LOV on the way but have not had the chance to play one yet. Do the flippers feel the same as Houdini? Houdini to me felt more like a JJP game (a little laggy). Someone mentioned that LOV flippers feel more like a stern?

The original flippers on Houdini were not eos flippers and were weak compared to stern. But all newer builds from API have updated flippers, and are much better. They are still not as snappy as stern flippers under extreme loads, like when you are in multiball and are hitting several balls simultaneously with a flipper bat. That is the only time I notice a difference in the flippers. But at the same time, I have not had to replace any of my coil stops from API

#195 2 years ago

You can remove the post, but the post is there to ensure clean shots around the left loop. Your game, do what works for you!

nice set up for the boat (when left orbit is missed) without using a magnate.

Quoted from coasterguy:

The tightness of the crossbow, longbow & dagger shot are reminiscent of Houdini. Milk can loop is much tougher than the skull pile scoop. The milk can loop is the toughest shot but the ramp often evades the pinball (at least for this shooter). Varity of modes (and narrating of Houdini's life) is entertaining.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

nice set up for the boat (when left orbit is missed) without using a magnate.

The tightness of the crossbow, longbow & dagger shot are reminiscent Houdini. Milk can loop is much tougher than the skull pile scoop. The milk can loop is the toughest shot but the ramp often evades the pinball (at least for this shooter). Varity of modes (and narrating of Houdini's life) is entertaining.

Thanks

#197 2 years ago

He with a short knife must try try again. I'm dead lol.

#198 2 years ago

One more high score…such a fun weekend.

C3A06A8B-AE52-4660-ADF1-E22E83087E98 (resized).jpegC3A06A8B-AE52-4660-ADF1-E22E83087E98 (resized).jpeg
#199 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Had a few good games on this stream. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1422265684
I don’t know all the depth as luvthatapex2 but a few good strategies.

#200 2 years ago

I just had a killer game of Valhalla but I don't think this score is legit. Obviously a bug once you hit a wizard mode. I spent most of the game concentrating on spinner shots and getting the hammer. The game again started to play weird once I hit the wizard modes.

20220307_164126 (resized).jpg20220307_164126 (resized).jpg20220307_164133 (resized).jpg20220307_164133 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/4?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.