20240403_114550 (resized).jpg
20240403_114731 (resized).jpg
20240403_114250 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.
#1801 56 days ago

Currently 5 loops lights the outer loop arrows white and hitting either loop causes the hammer to fire and hold the ball allowing you to lane change the god of Thunder inserts

Not a hurry up per se but acts as you wish!

Quoted from shirkle:

Glad to see this thread picking up a little steam. Love the game and hope others discover it too.
I wonder if there are any plans for code updates to utilize the hammer-magnet a little more. I’d love to see some kind of hurry-up Thors Hammer where if you hit the loop in a certain time limit, the magnet catches and the hammer drops. Just a thought. It’s such a cool feature but kind of under utilized.

#1802 56 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Currently 5 loops lights the outer loop arrows white and hitting either loop causes the hammer to fire and hold the ball allowing you to lane change the god of Thunder inserts

Haha…thank you. No surprise that it turns out that I’m just not a good enough player!

#1803 56 days ago

Never knew this either - that's cool, but I reckon it would still be nice to get some extra God of Thunder Hammer points, or an additional perk of some sort so that toy/mech is used more. At the moment if I don't get the God of Thunder insert on the skillshot, it's highly unlikely I'll get it at all. The orbits are pretty tough on this one and getting into the lanes is super difficult without the magnet.

It's the one (minor) criticism I have of the game rules - your aren't really incentivised enough to go for the tough shots. Think I mentioned it before but with the weapons for example - I have no reason to ever go for the Ulfbert Sword. It's such a difficult shot, while the ramps are much easier - so it's simpler just to switch to Broad Axe or Longbow and keep collecting those. I'd love to see a small hurry up, mini wizard or award for collecting the complete weapon set it would give me a reason to go for the harder ones.

Unless of course there are some things like that already in the game and like shirkle, I'm just not good enough to see them (very possible).

#1804 56 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Never knew this either - that's cool, but I reckon it would still be nice to get some extra God of Thunder Hammer points, or an additional perk of some sort so that toy/mech is used more. At the moment if I don't get the God of Thunder insert on the skillshot, it's highly unlikely I'll get it at all. The orbits are pretty tough on this one and getting into the lanes is super difficult without the magnet.
It's the one (minor) criticism I have of the game rules - your aren't really incentivised enough to go for the tough shots. Think I mentioned it before but with the weapons for example - I have no reason to ever go for the Ulfbert Sword. It's such a difficult shot, while the ramps are much easier - so it's simpler just to switch to Broad Axe or Longbow and keep collecting those. I'd love to see a small hurry up, mini wizard or award for collecting the complete weapon set it would give me a reason to go for the harder ones.
Unless of course there are some things like that already in the game and like shirkle, I'm just not good enough to see them (very possible).

To defeat Odin you have to get them all.

#1805 56 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

How did you do that?
And I agree on thr booting faster piece.

I changed the angle of the steel diverter ,I had to cut the back to get it to flatten

Quoted from Fezmid:

How did you do that?
And I agree on thr booting faster piece.

Take a look but what I did is not reverseable,I had to cut and bent to get this angle and yes it makes the shot much easier.i could always buy a new piece from American if I wanted to change to stock.
Love this game and I can make this shot now.
IMG_0401 (resized).jpegIMG_0401 (resized).jpegIMG_0402 (resized).jpegIMG_0402 (resized).jpegIMG_0403 (resized).jpegIMG_0403 (resized).jpeg

#1806 56 days ago

Here are the rules for the game in case you’d like to see some things you may be missing.

http://tiltforums.com/t/legends-of-valhalla-rulesheet/7449/1

Added 55 days ago:

Updated for 24-01-19 software.

#1807 55 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

To defeat Odin you have to get them all.

Ok there's the "not good enough" scenario ha ha ha... because that's the wizard mode. Plus in this case you aren't given any real incentive, it's simply a required shot for that mode. It would just be pretty cool if there were some other reason to go for specific weapons (or all of them collectively) outside of that.

#1809 55 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I changed the angle of the steel diverter ,I had to cut the back to get it to flatten

Take a look but what I did is not reverseable,I had to cut and bent to get this angle and yes it makes the shot much easier.i could always buy a new piece from American if I wanted to change to stock.

Love this game and I can make this shot now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did basically the same thing for this shot and a few of the orbits to smooth the shots out and stop rattle rejects. Improved the game dramatically for me

#1810 55 days ago

ok, I finally found the issue that the one guy had about 2 years ago with the shaker not turning off. It was a failed MOSFET on the add-on board. Support sent him a new board and I never heard back. I assume it was fixed. Please follow up with support with a phone call.

I had this issue about two years ago, so this is probably me. It fixed the issue after installing the new add on board.

#1811 51 days ago

Did this from a German modder, looks very good.
Screenshot_20240409-112033_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240409-112033_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1812 50 days ago

LoV showcasing a killer lineup at Adirondack Axe, in Queensbury, NY.

IMG_20240407_195125_979 (resized).jpgIMG_20240407_195125_979 (resized).jpg
#1813 50 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Looking for some mods to make the pin unique. I found a valkerie like character for the upper left plastic. I most likely will paint it but it doesn't look half bad as is. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I got one of these and painted it. A pinball fits perfectly in her hand.

PXL_20240410_154808813 (resized).jpgPXL_20240410_154808813 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1814 37 days ago

Don't know if it's been brought up before, but looking at one of these in a trade and there is no listing for LOV on IPDB.

#1815 37 days ago

Next time I talk to AP I’ll remind them to contact jay at ipdb. Thanks for checking.

Quoted from punkin:

Don't know if it's been brought up before, but looking at one of these in a trade and there is no listing for LOV on IPDB.

#1816 37 days ago

Next time I talk to AP I’ll remind them to contact jay at ipdb. Thanks for checking.

Always skim the reviews there and here before buying a machine. I rarely ever get a chance here to play a release before buying. It's a small town pinball desert.

#1817 37 days ago

Looks like the swap is going ahead, really nice TNA for the LOV. Losing a couple K, but...pinball.

Looking forward to getting it and exploring it.

#1818 32 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Looks like the swap is going ahead, really nice TNA for the LOV. Losing a couple K, but...pinball.
Looking forward to getting it and exploring it.

I hope you love it. I took a risk buying one having never played it and now I consider it a keeper.

#1819 30 days ago

I have the opportunity to pickup this machine locally. I'm very excited but thought I'd asked in the owners thread if they're still happy with it. This will be my first non stern game in my lineup, and I love the theme. I've played it on location a few times so I'm fairly certain I will be happy but wanted to poke the brain trust.

It's listed as a deluxe.

#1820 29 days ago
Quoted from Brombomb:

I have the opportunity to pickup this machine locally. I'm very excited but thought I'd asked in the owners thread if they're still happy with it. This will be my first non stern game in my lineup, and I love the theme. I've played it on location a few times so I'm fairly certain I will be happy but wanted to poke the brain trust.
It's listed as a deluxe.

I've had mine for about two years now and I still love having it in my collection because it's very unique and different than all my other machines. I don't think you can go wrong with the current used prices.

#1821 29 days ago

I love mine, very unique and I keep coming back to it.

#1822 29 days ago

I like it but don't love it. Partially because some issues I had with support soured me to American in general.

That said, I think I need to tweak some things - my spinner only adds about 5% to the total bit one I played on location added 11% with a good rip. Mine is also harder to hit the center ramp than on location so maybe I'll like it more when I have time to tweak It.

Thehe layout is pretty cool and unique and it's nice to have a non-Stern in the collection. The prices are good too.

#1823 26 days ago

Love my lov just need to tweak the way shots a bit.i have had mine over two years now also I play it a lot.

#1824 25 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I like it but don't love it. Partially because some issues I had with support soured me to American in general.
That said, I think I need to tweak some things - my spinner only adds about 5% to the total bit one I played on location added 11% with a good rip. Mine is also harder to hit the center ramp than on location so maybe I'll like it more when I have time to tweak It.
Thehe layout is pretty cool and unique and it's nice to have a non-Stern in the collection. The prices are good too.

If you haven’t already done so, adjusting the flipper angle makes a world of difference in hitting all the shots and overall game enjoyment. I usually don’t change anything from designer intent, but the flipper set-up from the factory on this title is flat out wrong.

#1825 25 days ago

Added to my game room.

Updated the code already. Looking forward to playing this one for a while.

PXL_20240505_170305729.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240505_170305729.MP (resized).jpg
#1826 25 days ago

While in attract mode I keep hearing something cycling. A low hum on and off, very rhythmically. Any ideas?

Also the post under the ship to the right was missing a sleeve. Is it supposed to have one? And two of spot targets for war on land are missing graphics? Are they supposed to have something?

PXL_20240504_192156717.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240504_192156717.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240504_192204983.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240504_192204983.MP (resized).jpg
#1827 24 days ago

My operator mate was here yestis fixing a game for me and he had a game on LOV before he left.
Was a good game, 60m or so, and he seemed to really enjoy it.

He's a strictly Stern only for operating guy, but he looked kinda thoughtful as he was leaving when i told him the money for a Deluxe was samish as a new Stern Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/37?hl=cyphr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.