20240403_114550 (resized).jpg
20240403_114731 (resized).jpg
20240403_114250 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 37.
#1751 3 months ago

ok, I finally found the issue that the one guy had about 2 years ago with the shaker not turning off. It was a failed MOSFET on the add-on board. Support sent him a new board and I never heard back. I assume it was fixed. Please follow up with support with a phone call.

Quoted from JuanSolo:

I'm having the same issue, randomly... And played fine earlier today but I turned it off in the middle of a game and now the shaker is just rattling the machine apart when I flip the switch on

#1752 3 months ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

How long does American pinball usually take to respond? I submitted a ticket request on their website but I never even got a confirmation, it's been about a week I think.

API is currently short on support I think. Their main support guy that had been there, Kevin, isn't with API anymore. Been mentioned in the Oktoberfest owner's thread. Don't know the details but hopefully on good terms for all. Anyway, might need some patience for support right now.

#1753 3 months ago

Quick rules question - is there any perk or reward/mode for collecting the whole weapon set? If not can I add a wishlist item for any future update - would be a great incentive to actively hit each different weapon and give the player something else to go for.

#1754 3 months ago

Thanks for the comment, but a weapon is just a weapon. The perk is the more weapons you collect the more battles you can play and the weapons increase the scoring in all 16 battles.

We liked the random aspect of weapon collecting to ensure the player makes all 9 main shots around the game. If one weapon would be worth something extra, the player would always try to get that weapon and we’d have to have an inventory for weapons and a way to use that weapon, ensure one weapon wasn’t more powerful than your battle helpers,etc. It just seemed to change the focus on remembering weapon powers instead of just battling the legend and picking if/when to use your Valkyrie and thors hammer.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Quick rules question - is there any perk or reward/mode for collecting the whole weapon set? If not can I add a wishlist item for any future update - would be a great incentive to actively hit each different weapon and give the player something else to go for.

#1755 3 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thanks for the comment, but a weapon is just a weapon. The perk is the more weapons you collect the more battles you can play and the weapons increase the scoring in all 16 battles.
We liked the random aspect of weapon collecting to ensure the player makes all 9 main shots around the game. If one weapon would be worth something extra, the player would always try to get that weapon and we’d have to have an inventory for weapons and a way to use that weapon, ensure one weapon wasn’t more powerful than your battle helpers,etc. It just seemed to change the focus on remembering weapon powers instead of just battling the legend and picking if/when to use your Valkyrie and thors hammer.

Yep totally agree - and I wouldn't want single weapons to grant battle perks, because like you said it would encourage players to always go for the same/most lucrative one, plus yeah it would be a huge change to the way the code works.

However, if something additional happened for the player just if you were able to collect ALL 9 it would be quite cool (as you would actively try to hit all the different shots to get the full weapon set). As it is, I tend to go for mostly longbow and broad axe weapons to get my higher level battles qualified (since they are the easier, lower risk shots to hit). Eg, if the current weapon is Ulfberht Sword I'll almost always change it because that shot is by far the hardest on the game and there's no real reason to collect that particular weapon. It's a much safer, easier choice to hit the left ramp again and select another.

But... If I knew that it was the only weapon I hadn't collected yet, and hitting it would give me some sort of bonus or cool call out, or even some sort of weapon frenzy mode - then I'd be really trying to get it.

#1756 3 months ago

Emailed APB again a few days ago, still no reply. I just updated the code to see if that would fix it and it did not. Unplugged the shaker again until I figure out what's going on. I removed the PCB that it was plugged into and tested all of the transistors and they all seemed to pass.

I would follow up with a call. One week is long enough to wait. See the AP website for the number.
In the meantime unplug the shaker power and update the code. New code was released last week. Maybe a code refresh will clear the issue. After update, when you turn off the game let it sit for a minute, plug in the shaker, turn the game on and see if it is resolved. If not at last you can at least play the new code without shaker.

#1757 3 months ago

Call them

Quoted from JuanSolo:

Emailed APB again a few days ago, still no reply. I just updated the code to see if that would fix it and it did not. Unplugged the shaker again until I figure out what's going on. I removed the PCB that it was plugged into and tested all of the transistors and they all seemed to pass.

#1758 3 months ago

Joined the club today. What a great game!
This one was routed and has 12k plays on it. The playfield still looks amazing….tiny bit of wear on the scoop.

#1759 3 months ago

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from shirkle:

Joined the club today. What a great game!
This one was routed and has 12k plays on it. The playfield still looks amazing….tiny bit of wear on the scoop.

#1760 3 months ago

As I played a few games last night, I thought about the # of people who want original themes from Stern and the like. This is a great theme with solid shots and flow, solid sounds and music for my tastes, and animations that are plenty for the gameplay. It is a really fun machine and an original theme. I love it and am glad others don't so that I was able to get it for a healthy discount lol.

#1761 3 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1762 3 months ago

Looking for a gold colored spotlight holder this game uses. Anyone know if these are available? I didn’t see it on American’s site, but finding things there can be tricky.

#1763 3 months ago

[nvm, i see my question was answered earlier in the thread.]

#1764 3 months ago

Threw some purple post rubbers in there by the Kraken. I know color rubber isn’t for everyone, but I like the look here.

IMG_8424 (resized).jpegIMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
#1765 3 months ago

I've called them twice a week for the past couple weeks. It always goes straight to voicemail and I leave a detailed message with my contact information and still have been ghosted for months now. I don't think I will ever own an American pinball machine again. I have filled out the form on the website, emailed them directly, and I've called them multiple times.

Absolutely disheartening.

I have 10 games and am deeply involved in this hobby, they're losing a future customer and it boggles my mind how they're ok with this kind of service.

#1766 3 months ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

I've called them twice a week for the past couple weeks. It always goes straight to voicemail and I leave a detailed message with my contact information and still have been ghosted for months now. I don't think I will ever own an American pinball machine again. I have filled out the form on the website, emailed them directly, and I've called them multiple times.

I have 10 games and am deeply involved in this hobby, they're losing a future customer and it boggles my mind how they're ok with this kind of service.

Reach out to LTG as he is now a part of the CS team

#1767 3 months ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

Agreed. Love my LoV but hate the company - very unhelpful compared to Stern. Maybe LTG will help with that.

#1768 3 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Agreed. Love my LoV but hate the company - very unhelpful compared to Stern. Maybe LTG will help with that.

They got back to me yay! Their number showed up as spam call so I missed the call a week ago. Oops.

#1769 3 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Reach out to LTG as he is now a part of the CS team

I just spoke with him. Forwarded his info to Maurice to help him get what he needs.

LTG : )

#1770 89 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just spoke with him. Forwarded his info to Maurice to help him get what he needs.

The GOAT!!!

#1771 89 days ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Looking for a gold colored spotlight holder this game uses. Anyone know if these are available? I didn’t see it on American’s site, but finding things there can be tricky.

Not that I am aware of. Think there just
painted

Quoted from shirkle:

Threw some purple post rubbers in there by the Kraken. I know color rubber isn’t for everyone, but I like the look here. [quoted image]

Those look awesome. I might have to take that idea. I am up to change posts soon.

#1772 87 days ago

I think I might have found a bug in the software.

I'm trying to lower my trough eject power... Does anyone have a number they prefer? I have been adjusting it however every single time I run the trough eject test And it puts a ball in the shooter lane... If I plunge it as soon as the ball drains the game reboots which we all know takes forever.

Does anyone else have this issue?

#1773 86 days ago

Coil settings default is green, so trough is default 18ms which works optimally for most games.

If the ball is not making out of the chute try removing the rubber grommet in the hood of the trough exit since sometimes balls hit the rubber and bounce back in. That grommet is not necessary.

If the ball is hitting the sidewall at default setting try 16ms.

After each tough setting change, go back to attract mode, ball will be ejected properly and you can go into service menu again to try another trough setting if desired.

Quoted from JuanSolo:

I think I might have found a bug in the software.
I'm trying to lower my trough eject power... Does anyone have a number they prefer? I have been adjusting it however every single time I run the trough eject test And it puts a ball in the shooter lane... If I plunge it as soon as the ball drains the game reboots which we all know takes forever.
Does anyone else have this issue?

#1774 86 days ago

If you are in coil settings (not coil test) with the high power switch engaged (pulled out), you should be able to just drop a ball in the tough to get one to kick out and you can then adjust power again if needed, rinse and repeat.

1 week later
#1775 78 days ago

Just joined the club because I couldn’t pass up the current market price for a HUO loaded deluxe.
Really like what I see thus far.
Quick question: Ideal pitch to set the pin?
I am typically between 6.6-7.0 on most of my pins but I’ve never owned a pin from American so curious what level everyone likes.
Thanks!

#1776 78 days ago

Game works best around 7.0 pitch. Welcome to the club! Latest code update from 1/19/24 is on the AP site.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Just joined the club because I couldn’t pass up the current market price for a HUO loaded deluxe.
I am typically between 6.6-7.0 on most of my pins but I’ve never owned a pin from American so curious what level everyone likes.
Thanks!

#1777 77 days ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Thanks!

Come on in. Temperature is nice here. Beware I bought this table thinking I would have it only a few months. I can't get rid of it. I am too addicted.

1 week later
#1778 69 days ago

I played LoV for the first time time time this weekend and loved it. The build quality felt great, I loved all the shots and flow, and I even like how they used the playfield magnet.
The original theme is cool, callouts were fine, and I enjoyed the World Cup Soccer throwback with things like "Strength!" "Vigor!" or whatever. That was definitely a World Cup Soccer nod, right?

Why is this game not more popular? Is there some fatal flaw? Does the code not have the depth for home play? What am I missing?

#1779 69 days ago

I think it's too difficult for a lot of people. I love it, tons of different things going on. Different multiballs. Fighting Odin. Starting and finishing Ragnorak. No negatives for me.
People might find it a little bouncy.

#1780 69 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

Why is this game not more popular? Is there some fatal flaw? Does the code not have the depth for home play? What am I missing?

No fatal flaw and code is plenty deep/great. 1) Not a licensed theme, 2) not a licensed theme, 3) art and animations are basic compared to comp 4) AP’s marketing sucks. Same reasons Oktoberfest isn’t that popular.

#1781 69 days ago

Great to hear! I have no affinity to 90% of most themes out there so me this is better or equal themewise to most Sterns. I'm all about shots/rules/layout. As far as gimmicks go, even the hammer coming down is kind of fun.
Adding it to my Want List.

#1782 68 days ago

<blockquote

Quoted from cait001:

Great to hear! I have no affinity to 90% of most themes out there so me this is better or equal themewise to most Sterns. I'm all about shots/rules/layout. As far as gimmicks go, even the hammer coming down is kind of fun.
Adding it to my Want List.

LOV is the most under appreciated LCD game available today.

Great theme. How can you not like Vikings?

Cool rules.

Satisfying shots. Once you get the game tweaked.

Outstanding original music

Built like a tank. Mirrored back glass

Supportive manufacturer.

Great pinside code support.

The game just is not desired on pinside. It’s not a Stern. AP needs to look at this game and say what are we doing wrong? The secondary market is killing this game. Hard to buy a NIB from AP when it drops in value as much as this game has. At present market prices , this game is a steal.

#1783 62 days ago

Anyone thought about creating a couple stickers for the two left targets? They could use some love, they are the only 2 without.

1 week later
#1784 51 days ago

I noticed there are 104 people that have this game on their wishlist. There are used games and new games to buy.
What are you waiting for? Join the club!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/legends-of-valhalla-ap

#1785 51 days ago

So I bought a brand new Legends of Valhalla a few years ago, and the left flipper always seemed quite week. I would watch videos of people playing it online and they were hitting shots that really just did not seem possible on my machine. Like I can't hit the middle ramp with the left flipper at all, ever. I tried turning the coil strength up and it seems to do absolutely nothing. Anyway, I think I want to try and replace the flipper coil for the left flipper, but it is out of stock. So, I have 2 questions:

1) Where can I find a replacement coil if that one is sold out: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/flipper-lugless-coil-coi0003-01
2) Do you all agree the coil is the likely culprit, even though it has been like that since day 1, or should I maybe look into something else.

#1786 51 days ago

Try this. Here is the angle of my flippers. I moved them slightly above the dot and it plays like our prototypes. I can shoot the middle ramp with either flipper. I set my flipper coils at 34 which is a bit higher than stock but it’s how I play it. Also pitch = 7.0 also important

Quoted from cyphr:

So I bought a brand new Legends of Valhalla a few years ago, and the left flipper always seemed quite week. I would watch videos of people playing it online and they were hitting shots that really just did not seem possible on my machine. Like I can't hit the middle ramp with the left flipper at all, ever. I tried turning the coil strength up and it seems to do absolutely nothing. Anyway, I think I want to try and replace the flipper coil for the left flipper, but it is out of stock. So, I have 2 questions:
1) Where can I find a replacement coil if that one is sold out: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/flipper-lugless-coil-coi0003-01
2) Do you all agree the coil is the likely culprit, even though it has been like that since day 1, or should I maybe look into something else.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1787 51 days ago
Quoted from cyphr:

In addition to flipper angle and machine pitch…

The coil itself is rarely the problem. Have you taken the flipper mech apart to see if anything is wrong like a broken coil stop or binding plunger? Also check that the flipper isn’t too tight or loose to the playfield. It should move slightly, a 1/32 of an inch or so, when you pull up on it. And inspect the wiring/pig-tail connection to the coil and reflow the solder joints if they look suspicious. You can easily check the coil by measuring resistance on the high and low power windings with a meter. There are tables on-line that will tell you acceptable ranges for the coil number.

#1788 51 days ago

Try this. Here is the angle of my flippers. I moved them slightly above the dot and it plays like our prototypes. I can shoot the middle ramp with either flipper. I set my flipper coils at 34 which is a bit higher than stock but it’s how I play it. Also pitch = 7.0 also important
[quoted image]

Don’t understand why to this day API doesn’t properly set the flipper angle at the factory. Must be numerous owners who don’t have the desire or skill to mess around with the flippers and just decide to move on from the game.

#1789 51 days ago

I noticed there are 104 people that have this game on their wishlist. There are used games and new games to buy.
What are you waiting for? Join the club!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/legends-of-valhalla-ap

If I had the coin for a new pinball machine and this was near me I'd be all over it. Have space for 2 more, so would love it to be LoV and GZ/DP/AIQ.
Just need to win the lottery.

#1790 51 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just need to win the lottery

Best wishes !

#1791 51 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Don’t understand why to this day API doesn’t properly set the flipper angle at the factory. Must be numerous owners who don’t have the desire or skill to mess around with the flippers and just decide to move on from the game.

This definitely isn't an AP-only problem. Plenty of pins I've had NIB needed the flippers adjusting - I don't understand why because there are clear guide holes on all the machines, you'd thing they would always be aligned but nope.

Agree with this pin being a bit of an undiscovered gem - but I will say, that when people come here for a pin day, and especially talking about non-pin people/owners here - usually the last games they play are this one and OF - the only 2 original themed pins I have. I mean they like them once they've played them, and are often surprised at just how good they are - but it gives a pretty good indication of how people are so into themes and franchises. People love going to Alien, Rick and Morty, Jurassic Park, Stranger Things etc immediately - but my 2 APs get bypassed a lot. LoV gets a bit more attention because its a lovely looking machine, but for sure OF is not exactly "enticing" (although I consider it one of my most fun machines, so go figure).

#1792 50 days ago

My go to game for sure and I have lots of choices!
I made my shot to shooter lane much easer and not so frustrating game changer along with other shot tweets.
Love me some LOV.
Wish it booted faster.

#1793 50 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I made my shot to shooter lane much easer

How did you do that?

And I agree on thr booting faster piece.

#1794 50 days ago

A cool guy from Germany did some cool mods for this very underrated pin.

Here some pictures of my Valhalla, see and find them.....

20240403_114250 (resized).jpg20240403_114250 (resized).jpg20240403_114550 (resized).jpg20240403_114550 (resized).jpg20240403_114731 (resized).jpg20240403_114731 (resized).jpg

#1795 50 days ago

If you have recently purchased this game, you might want to see the special issue of pingame journal that chronicles the creation of the game. Jim did a nice job reporting on our journey from homebrew to AP production.

http://www.pingamejournal.com/backs/

issue 167.

#1796 50 days ago

I'd take a set of those Kraken arms.

#1797 50 days ago

You will find him in the german pinball forum "Flippermarkt" in the "Modding" threat.

Don't know if he is doing the mods anymore and if he is shipping overseas.

#1798 50 days ago

[quoted image]

Yea it was a flipper angle problem for sure. Mine were way off, especially the left one. I adjusted them to be like in your pic and I was even able to turn down the flipper power to 34 and its playing like a whole new game. Can't believe I put 1000+ plays with the wrong angle.

Now I am thinking I should adjust the upper left flipper as well. Can you share a picture of that and what you have the coil set to as well please?

Thanks!

#1799 50 days ago

Thats great news !!!.

I didn't adjust the mid left flipper. It should be fine with the stock position. I can usually hit 3 in the ship in a row when I'm on a roll.

I have the mid left flipper pulse set to 28 so it doesn’t hammer the ship.

Quoted from cyphr:

Yea it was a flipper angle problem for sure. Mine were way off, especially the left one. I adjusted them to be like in your pic and I was even able to turn down the flipper power to 34 and its playing like a whole new game. Can't believe I put 1000+ plays with the wrong angle.
Now I am thinking I should adjust the upper left flipper as well. Can you share a picture of that and what you have the coil set to as well please?
Thanks!

#1800 50 days ago

Glad to see this thread picking up a little steam. Love the game and hope others discover it too.

I wonder if there are any plans for code updates to utilize the hammer-magnet a little more. I’d love to see some kind of hurry-up Thors Hammer where if you hit the loop in a certain time limit, the magnet catches and the hammer drops. Just a thought. It’s such a cool feature but kind of under utilized.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/36?hl=cyphr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.