image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.
#1451 11 months ago

Filed a ticket. AP is gonna try replacing my power supply. It has a feature that will cut power. Power supply probably has a problem handling when the game blows up with many things firing rapidly or at once. Thankfully it doesn't happen often I play well yet

66 million is my current high-score . Love going for multi-balls and combos.

Still have a problem hitting any of the loops consistently but getting good at ramps.

Quoted from BloodSpawnDevil:

So had a few instances of the coil power for all coils dropping to nothing during multi-ball. Not sure what the cause is, any ideas? Or if its even related to multi-ball.
Basically no flippers and balls stuck in trough suddenly. Not super consistent but just had it happen twice in a row. Opening coin door and exiting to the test menu seemed to fix it for a new game.
Also, just opened the coin door and pulled the top white button and closed the door and that got the power back too.

#1452 11 months ago

$6800…I had $6600, and no bites…so I raised it. Counter intuitive, I know. I guess this is where this pin is going. I really enjoy it, but need the money and space. Buyer organizes all shipping, but easy to extract from the mancave. No steps or turns. This is a great pin and well done, just next on the chopping block…if I can sell it.

#1453 11 months ago

New to the club, and I hate how much I like this game. I loved it at first play. I tried not to buy it. Scoot twisted my arm.

Fun game. I just got FFLE, and I've been going between both. Different kinds of fun. Can't wait to see how far I can go on it!

#1454 11 months ago

Getting better at this game is a blast!

Did 3 raids now and still don't know how exactly they're set up but I know there's a red arrow to the boat now

Starting to actually have strategy around which boss I fight and when.

Broke 80 million today.

Some strats:

1. Fight Jörmungandr when you need to charge the hammer anyways.
2. If you get ship locks done you can use draugr to go for many ship ramp shots if the plunger letting the ball drain. If you don't have shiplock I try to get lock activated and charge Thors hammer. Nice to play dangerously with ball save and multi-ball. I try to get the ship ramp for points but draugr is not the best for points anyways.
3. Do lots of combos. Left ramp, middle ramp and repeat. Like to do left ramp, middle ramp, thors spinner loop, and then ship ramp too.
4. Seems very lucrative to get as many shots on boss as you can before using thors hammer or valkyrie. Some people mentioned not being able to use valk or hammer when draining, but works for me.
5. If you got valk and hammer and draugr is done start banshee so you can use hammer then use the valk on Dearg Due next in line. Remember hammer fires first!

Working on:

1. Inner and out loops except Thors spinner seem very tough to hit. Also, if I hit it well it feels like a punishment with how fast the ball is flying. Drained a lot from outer loops speed

2. Still cannot consistently hit the event activation scoop, under flipper shot, or shooter lane shot. Back hand from left is usually too wide but it's the one I've made the most, right flipper to under flipper have not hit once yet, right flipper to scoop I've done once, but missing slightly I've drained hard off of, and shot to shooter lane I've only got with luck.

Complaint:

One complaint is the scoop shoots the ball to the flipper on in a very wide arch. Usually hits center flipper but occasionally hits the tip of the flipper for less then ideal effect. Should I adjust or is this good?

#1455 11 months ago

Glad you are enjoying the game!

You can adjust the scoop pulse to get the ball on the left or right flipper when ejected. Go into service menu from coin door. Select settings, coils, scoop. Increasing the pulse a few ms will eject the ball to the right flipper, decreasing the pulse a few ms will eject the ball to the left flipper.

Red arrow to the viking ship means Viking Raid is ready (the 3rd sea multiball). The qualifier is adjustable in service menu and viking raid should be a bit tough to get. Service menu, settings, select the ODIN head, and adjust R-A-I-D completions to start raid. Mine is set to 30 (20-60 adjustable).
War at sea is the first ship multiball (green arrows, lock 3 balls in the ship). Viking Multiball is the 2nd sea multiball (Blue arrows, subsequent 3 ball locks in the ship).

For those that recently received their game or purchased a used one, ensure you are running the latest code update (2023-03-10).
Release notes and downloads are here.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Getting better at this game is a blast!
Did 3 raids now and still don't know how exactly they're set up but I know there's a red arrow to the boat now
Starting to actually have strategy around which boss I fight and when.
Broke 80 million today.
Some strats:
1. Fight Jörmungandr when you need to charge the hammer anyways.
2. If you get ship locks done you can use draugr to go for many ship ramp shots if the plunger letting the ball drain. If you don't have shiplock I try to get lock activated and charge Thors hammer. Nice to play dangerously with ball save and multi-ball. I try to get the ship ramp for points but draugr is not the best for points anyways.
3. Do lots of combos. Left ramp, middle ramp and repeat. Like to do left ramp, middle ramp, thors spinner loop, and then ship ramp too.
4. Seems very lucrative to get as many shots on boss as you can before using thors hammer or valkyrie. Some people mentioned not being able to use valk or hammer when draining, but works for me.
5. If you got valk and hammer and draugr is done start banshee so you can use hammer then use the valk on Dearg Due next in line. Remember hammer fires first!
Working on:
1. Inner and out loops except Thors spinner seem very tough to hit. Also, if I hit it well it feels like a punishment with how fast the ball is flying. Drained a lot from outer loops speed
2. Still cannot consistently hit the event activation scoop, under flipper shot, or shooter lane shot. Back hand from left is usually too wide but it's the one I've made the most, right flipper to under flipper have not hit once yet, right flipper to scoop I've done once, but missing slightly I've drained hard off of, and shot to shooter lane I've only got with luck.
Complaint:
One complaint is the scoop shoots the ball to the flipper on in a very wide arch. Usually hits center flipper but occasionally hits the tip of the flipper for less then ideal effect. Should I adjust or is this good?

#1456 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I opened a ticket tonight, but figured I'd share what my lights are doing here to see if anyone else has seen this before. Kind of weird that it's impacting both the left (all of it) and the right (one light). Always fixed by a power cycle. Reseating all of the connectors didn't do anything. (sorry the video isn't horizontal...)

Little disappointed with support. I know I bought it from another pinsider, but it only had 71 plays so was like new, and started showing the issue at aeound 130 plays. I'm being told that "warranty is non-transferable" so I'm responsible for buying new components that we hope will fix the issue I'm seeing, although because the impacted lights change, we aren't sure if it's the LED board or not. For all the complaints about Stern, on the rare occasion I've had to contact them, they've sent me replacement parts when I'm not the original owner, so it's a little disappointing.

At least a reboot fixes things at this point, and hopefully the $55 board fixes my issue, fingers crossed. Other than this issue, the game rocks.

#1457 11 months ago

Just got word my deluxe should be arriving today! Will be sad to see Houdini go, but I'm so psyched to play this one.

Any hints or tips for a LoV noob (other than get it out of the box and play it).

#1458 11 months ago

Read back through this thread! Lots of good hints to get you started! Enjoy!!!

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Just got word my deluxe should be arriving today! Will be sad to see Houdini go, but I'm so psyched to play this one.
Any hints or tips for a LoV noob (other than get it out of the box and play it).

#1459 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Little disappointed with support. I know I bought it from another pinsider, but it only had 71 plays so was like new, and started showing the issue at aeound 130 plays. I'm being told that "warranty is non-transferable" so I'm responsible for buying new components that we hope will fix the issue I'm seeing, although because the impacted lights change, we aren't sure if it's the LED board or not. For all the complaints about Stern, on the rare occasion I've had to contact them, they've sent me replacement parts when I'm not the original owner, so it's a little disappointing.

Wow, that sucks. I have also been a second owner of new pins with issues that cropped up. For something like this, it wouldn't have been a problem with Stern. They always covered it. On JJP WoZ, I was out of warranty when the light boards started going on my second-hand WoZ. They couldn't cover it, but gave me half off on the parts, which was still fine. Surprised AP is going this route.

#1460 11 months ago

She's here! Been unboxing and setting up for a couple of hours - only negative so far is that I only got 4 leg bolts instead of 8!

But for now took one bolt out of a few other machines to make do - also will finish putting on the topper and post initial impressions tomorrow, but it's an absolutely GORGEOUS machine!

20230517_193146 (resized).jpg20230517_193146 (resized).jpg20230517_220110 (resized).jpg20230517_220110 (resized).jpg20230517_220117 (resized).jpg20230517_220117 (resized).jpg20230517_220122 (resized).jpg20230517_220122 (resized).jpg
#1461 11 months ago

Reading through the Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest threads, I saw some other people talk about stuck LEDs, which seems similar to what I'm experiencing, right down to "reboot clears the problem." I see that fixes were applied to the code in both of them; Hot Wheels has a comment in the release notes from the 21.10.24 release saying, "reduce likelihood of stuck LEDs," and Oktoberfest says the same thing in the 22.08.08 release. I don't see a similar comment in the LoV release notes, which leads me to believe that this fix wasn't applied to the game, and that this could be the issue I'm seeing. @luvthatapex, do you know if that could be the issue? I know phantom issues that can't be easily recreated are annoying, but it seems like tech support gave up me once he found I wasn't the original owner and hasn't really been helpful at all. (I did buy a new LED board, even though I don't think I should've had to, and will see if that changes anything I guess).

#1462 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

She's here! Been unboxing and setting up for a couple of hours - only negative so far is that I only got 4 leg bolts instead of 8!

I am missing the two spot lights on the slings.... At least you're the first owner so they will hopefully take care of you. I'm not paying $40 for them.

#1463 11 months ago

Josh applied the LED fix prior to the game release in October 2021 sometime in August when we were testing the game daily.
Boards have been very stable since release. Bummer it appears one of your LED controllers is faulty. Hope the new controller fixes your issue and you can enjoy your new game.

Quoted from Fezmid:

Reading through the Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest threads, I saw some other people talk about stuck LEDs, which seems similar to what I'm experiencing, right down to "reboot clears the problem." I see that fixes were applied to the code in both of them; Hot Wheels has a comment in the release notes from the 21.10.24 release saying, "reduce likelihood of stuck LEDs," and Oktoberfest says the same thing in the 22.08.08 release. I don't see a similar comment in the LoV release notes, which leads me to believe that this fix wasn't applied to the game, and that this could be the issue I'm seeing. luvthatapex, do you know if that could be the issue? I know phantom issues that can't be easily recreated are annoying, but it seems like tech support gave up me once he found I wasn't the original owner and hasn't really been helpful at all. (I did buy a new LED board, even though I don't think I should've had to, and will see if that changes anything I guess).

#1464 11 months ago

I hear you, but the spots are very bright and fill the center playfield with white light. They are really helpful. Wonder why the previous owner removed them?

Quoted from Fezmid:

I am missing the two spot lights on the slings.... At least you're the first owner so they will hopefully take care of you. I'm not paying $40 for them.

#1465 11 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Josh applied the LED fix prior to the game release in October 2021 sometime in August when we were testing the game daily.

I certainly may have, I don't recall for certain and these stuck lights certainly seem similar. October 2021 was around the time we did that fix for HW. You might want to have Ferret double check that to be sure that is in the code base and not something we only tested in the lab.

#1466 11 months ago

I hear you, but the spots are very bright and fill the center playfield with white light. They are really helpful. Wonder why the previous owner removed them?

The previous owner didn't take them off - they didn't come with the game. The game was also missing flashers for the backboard, but that's a common part at least. Considering a few posts above me, a NIB game was missing half of the leg bolts.....

#1467 11 months ago

Yes, I checked the production code and saw your LED fix in LOV September 2021. It's got your initials and the date coincides with emails I have when we were discussing testing. All good and thanks for checking in.

Quoted from rosh:

I certainly may have, I don't recall for certain and these stuck lights certainly seem similar. October 2021 was around the time we did that fix for HW. You might want to have Ferret double check that to be sure that is in the code base and not something we only tested in the lab.

#1468 11 months ago

Wow that's not good. Surprised the previous owner didn't file a service ticket. That could have been taken care of quickly. My apologies.

Quoted from Fezmid:

The previous owner didn't take them off - they didn't come with the game. The game was also missing flashers for the backboard, but that's a common part at least. Considering a few posts above me, a NIB game was missing half of the leg bolts.....

#1469 11 months ago

Wow that's not good. Surprised the previous owner didn't file a service ticket. That could have been taken care of quickly. My apologies.

Previous owner had the game for only a couple of weeks. Didn't even realize the GI could be set to color.

#1470 11 months ago

Played LOV last week and absolutely loved it! I had zero expectations going in and boy was I pleasantly surprised!! Definitely want to get one, but will try to avoid buying new. Unfortunately AP pins take a big hit in the resale market. Want a deluxe, but near $9k with shipping and then add tax, is a lot.

#1471 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Played LOV last week and absolutely loved it! I had zero expectations going in and boy was I pleasantly surprised!! Definitely want to get one, but will try to avoid buying new. Unfortunately AP pins take a big hit in the resale market. Want a deluxe, but near $9k with shipping and then add tax, is a lot.

Its a tough nut to chew when you buy a NIB game and it loses about 2k right out of the box.

#1472 11 months ago

This game is amazing!

Put a good few games on this with a friend today and it's pretty damn special. We did have the game reset on us twice though. I have now updated to the latest software, maybe that was the problem, I'm not sure.

Also, I've never had a game so furious with the shaker motor - it's always going off!

#1473 11 months ago

I have two of them on location and We see resets as well even with the latest code. Really hope this gets sorted soon.

#1474 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

But for now took one bolt out of a few other machines to make do - also will finish putting on the topper and post initial impressions tomorrow, but it's an absolutely GORGEOUS machine!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super jelly. Looks great. I don’t know why AP games cop so much flack. Houdini is a great game and so it hot wheels thus far. Will have to score an invite to have a crack on your LoV!

#1475 11 months ago

We’ve seen no resets on the latest code. I’d be happy to check it out and see if it’s a code issue. Please open a case with AP and send the latest logs.

Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I have two of them on location and We see resets as well even with the latest code. Really hope this gets sorted soon.

#1476 11 months ago

Has anyone had any issues with the powdercoat on their game? I've only had mine for 2 days and I noticed some (very faint at the moment) dark patches starting to appear on the edges of the lock down bar. It's barely noticeable but it's definitely there, and you can just about see it in the pic.

After the Halloween debacle I ended up clearcoating mine as a precaution, and on this game after only 2 days, this is slightly worrying...

20230519_052419 (resized).jpg20230519_052419 (resized).jpg
#1477 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Has anyone had any issues with the powdercoat on their game? I've only had mine for 2 days and I noticed some (very faint at the moment) dark patches starting to appear on the edges of the lock down bar. It's barely noticeable but it's definitely there, and you can just about see it in the pic.
After the Halloween debacle I ended up clearcoating mine as a precaution, and on this game after only 2 days, this is slightly worrying... [quoted image]

Yep. You need to clearcoat it. Also the side armor where you fingers rest using the flippers.

#1478 11 months ago

Oh man that's disappointing... To see it get marked after only 2 days of fairly limited play, it must not hold up well at all - has this been happening to all deluxe owners? The powder finish is quite satin-y so would it be best to get a satin finish clear? I used 4k gloss on Halloween...

Also wonder if I can get a new lockdown bar from AP through warranty, because now I wont unsee that wear even though its very faint.

#1479 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Also wonder if I can get a new lockdown bar from AP through warranty, because now I wont unsee that wear even though its very faint.

Hope you have better experience with support than I have been.

#1480 11 months ago

Broke 100 million twice today.

Was kicking grendals ass and the game started tallying the score while I still had 3 or 4 balls in play lol. Was an 80 mil first ball even with that! Is this a bug anyone else experienced? Thinking of filing a ticket and wrote down the time that game ended.

Doing well enough I'm nearly triggering Valhalla now. Gonna be a while before I can get to ragnarok. Gotta master the scoop shots... just starting to make them occasionally.

Also, locked 3 balls during rampage now several times. It says ship is docked during rampage and then drops three balls. Once rampage is over I gotta hit the ship again to get war at sea. Is this a bug?

#1481 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

AP's support is great, very responsive, and sends replacements for problems ASAP. Not to mention how active they are in this forum too. One reason I bought NIB with a warranty.

I had no expectations of free/discounted stuff with no warranty, hah. You live in a different world than me apparently.

Originally was looking to get BKSOR and not only would it gave been $3k more about used, the sheer amount of complaints about code turned me off...

What people want for used pins with no warranty with low plays these days is ridiculous IMO. Didn't want to deal with that for my first modern pin. Waiting for that market to bust so I can get some good deals.

Curious, why you being so cheap and complaining so much? You could have just spent a small percentage of the cost of the machine and been done with it.

#1482 11 months ago

Wait what? I gotta clear coat it? It shouldn't do this right? Too late for me to clear coat haha. I've only had the game for less than 3 weeks. Looks like it's got a dark tan on the sides heh.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

After the Halloween debacle I ended up clearcoating mine as a precaution, and on this game after only 2 days, this is slightly worrying... [quoted image]

Quoted from glpinball:

Yep. You need to clearcoat it. Also the side armor where you fingers rest using the flippers.

IMG_2068 (resized).jpegIMG_2068 (resized).jpeg
#1483 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

American Pinball takes pride in providing great customer support. If you feel your request(s) haven't been handled in a timely manner, please feel free to PM me your ticket number(s) and I'll try to find out what's going on.

#1484 11 months ago

Wait what? I gotta clear coat it? It shouldn't do this right? Too late for me to clear coat haha. I've only had the game for less than 3 weeks. Looks like it's got a dark tan on the sides heh.

[quoted image]

No it definitely shouldn't look like that, especially after only 3 weeks. I caught mine pretty soon, but it's still visible to me - and I'm pretty sure AP will replace it. Then I'll clearcoat it as I did with my Halloween, but it's a shame to have to do this, it really shouldn't be necessary. Not so much the fault of AP as it is with their powdercoater - it has to be missing some clear or protector coat to get worn down so quickly.

#1485 11 months ago

It sounds like you had a stuck switch if the game was scoring if you weren't playing no matter how many balls are in play. You can run the switch test from service menu and lightly pound the playfield to see if one is flaky and triggering constantly.

In Rampage (and other non-battle modes) you can lock 2 balls in the ship. The 3rd ball will be released if you lock another. If all 3 balls are getting released in rampage, your ship post stuck open. ensure the ship post is not sticking in the ship, it should move freely. The game will remember virtual locks and locks per player so even if there are no balls in the ship when you lock the 3rd ball and are in regular play or a battle, a sea multiball will start. That's correct, not a bug.

Broke 100 million twice today.
Was kicking grendals ass and the game started tallying the score while I still had 3 or 4 balls in play lol. Was an 80 mil first ball even with that! Is this a bug anyone else experienced? Thinking of filing a ticket and wrote down the time that game ended.
Doing well enough I'm nearly triggering Valhalla now. Gonna be a while before I can get to ragnarok. Gotta master the scoop shots... just starting to make them occasionally.
Also, locked 3 balls during rampage now several times. It says ship is docked during rampage and then drops three balls. Once rampage is over I gotta hit the ship again to get war at sea. Is this a bug?

#1486 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

American Pinball takes pride in providing great customer support. If you feel your request(s) haven't been handled in a timely manner, please feel free to PM me your ticket number(s) and I'll try to find out what's going on.

Done, thanks.

#1487 11 months ago

[quoted image]

I didn't mention it before since no one ever brought it up so wondered if it was only me. Had it after 50 games. AP sent me a new bar and same thing. Finally got another new bar and side armor and I sprayed clear on it and waxed it and now it's fine.

#1488 11 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I didn't mention it before since no one ever brought it up so wondered if it was only me. Had it after 50 games. AP sent me a new bar and same thing. Finally got another new bar and side armor and I sprayed clear on it and waxed it and now it's fine.

Yeah same thing happened with Halloween, but that was brought up in the owners thread very early on, so I cleared mine straight away and its been fine. Just wondering on this game if a satin finish is the way to go rather than a high gloss clear coat?

#1489 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Mine has looked like this since I've gotten it. I opened a ticket with AP. I got no response for about 2 months then a email asking for pics. Since then nothing.

This is a favorite game of mine. Its only cosmetic, but because of this non-response. Ill never buy another AP game. Such shyte.

#1490 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The game is great. I enjoy the heck out of mine! Enjoy!

#1491 11 months ago

Hey, question for the group on these optos…when I meter the lines I’m getting 11.6vdc on the white line to the dark LED (which I think is the receiver). I can’t find any 12v receiver LEDs in the wild. Is that correct, or does this explain why my game burns through these things?

By contrast, I’m only seeing 4.9vdc on the emitter side. I checked both pairs of optos and I see the same thing on each set.

For the record, these measurements are at the LED board on the end of the opto.

#1492 11 months ago

Well, AP got back to me after a few days, so absolutely no complaints there. It's only a cosmetic thing I know, and you can still play the game perfectly fine - but for a lot of us, it's a real annoyance not having your machine not looking perfect/shiny/new especially when its only a few days old, and it does diminish the enjoyment somewhat.

That said, I am so blown away by this game. It has such an engaging ruleset, it's great to shoot - and boy does it look and sound amazing.

If I have one criticism, and it's a minor (and common) one - some of the animations are a little too static. The artwork is so great, I think the images are superb, I just wish they all had a *little* bit of movement like how the Banshee is done... Plus, it would be so good to have a cool animation (or even an extra static image) showing each legend being defeated - it would just make the battles so much more epic!

#1493 11 months ago

Argh - one shot away from Valhalla! I had an extra ball as well - I screwed it up twice!!!

Love this game - absolutely top job Riot + AP!

#1494 11 months ago

That's quick! Putting in a lot of games? I keep getting close... soon Valhalla, soon!

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Argh - one shot away from Valhalla! I had an extra ball as well - I screwed it up twice!!!
Love this game - absolutely top job Riot + AP!

Pretty serious though. I care and don't care... what's strange is I don't see games for sale that
look like mine! Guess if I were going to sell and it looked like it does not I'd buy a new lockdown bar first hahah.

Guess I'll have to file a ticket and get a new one... my side art was damaged too . Lucky I don't see either problem while playing!

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Well, AP got back to me after a few days, so absolutely no complaints there. It's only a cosmetic thing I know, and you can still play the game perfectly fine - but for a lot of us, it's a real annoyance not having your machine not looking perfect/shiny/new especially when its only a few days old, and it does diminish the enjoyment somewhat.
That said, I am so blown away by this game. It has such an engaging ruleset, it's great to shoot - and boy does it look and sound amazing.
If I have one criticism, and it's a minor (and common) one - some of the animations are a little too static. The artwork is so great, I think the images are superb, I just wish they all had a *little* bit of movement like how the Banshee is done... Plus, it would be so good to have a cool animation (or even an extra static image) showing each legend being defeated - it would just make the battles so much more epic!

#1495 11 months ago

A couple game code things I'm not too fond of...

1. War on Land seems like it's kinda worthless besides getting to Valhalla. I almost want to wait for it to just timeout just so I can hit the scoop to start a battle. Anyone find otherwise? Just seems like more a punishment for missing your shots heh. Although I have not tried the dwarves for points.

2. I've ended battles and hit the scoop as it's still going through the motions of ending the battle and in this case the scoop won't start a new battle. Just feels like I'd rather be able to hit scoop when I know the battle is over instead of the battle ending, waiting for the game to settle, then trying to hit the scoop.

And one tip I can't believe took me so long to find. If you just hold the left mid flipper and auto plunge or full plunge the ball goes right into the ship targets.

#1496 11 months ago

I had several conversations with tournament players and testers concerning the scoring on 3 features in the game.
War on land scoring was enhanced in the latest update (23-03-10) along with Sea multiball scoring and weapon scoring. War on land uses progressive scoring so each war on land battle is worth more along with each subsequent shot. Try adding combos to your War on Land battles and see your scoring soar.

- each Battle played/legend kill add to all 3 war on land battles.
- each collected raider adds 15K to each shot in all 3 sea multiballs.
- each collected weapon adds 50K to each shot in a legend battle.

So now you can decide to wait until you've played/completed several battles and then start War on Land for bigger scores. Another items of strategy in your scoring arsenal.

Yes, holding the left flipper up during a full plunge will make it easy to light your first 3 locks. After that, you have to hit each lock separately.

A couple game code things I'm not too fond of...
1. War on Land seems like it's kinda worthless besides getting to Valhalla. I almost want to wait for it to just timeout just so I can hit the scoop to start a battle. Anyone find otherwise? Just seems like more a punishment for missing your shots heh. Although I have not tried the dwarves for points.
2. I've ended battles and hit the scoop as it's still going through the motions of ending the battle and in this case the scoop won't start a new battle. Just feels like I'd rather be able to hit scoop when I know the battle is over instead of the battle ending, waiting for the game to settle, then trying to hit the scoop.
And one tip I can't believe took me so long to find. If you just hold the left mid flipper and auto plunge or full plunge the ball goes right into the ship targets.

#1498 11 months ago

I saw them doing this on Dave's stream, and mine never does this - both from plunge, and even when I get the strongest hit around the right orbit, holding the top flipper up only hits the post below all 3 targets.

#1499 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I saw them doing this on Dave's stream, and mine never does this - both from plunge, and even when I get the strongest hit around the right orbit, holding the top flipper up only hits the post below all 3 targets.

You can try changing the angle of your upper flipper .

1 week later
#1500 10 months ago

So recently got a deluxe limited LOV and really enjoying it. Unfortunately my girl friend moved me game yesterday and broke my topper accidentally. Does anyone know if American sells the topper parts? Hoping i can buy a new panel!

70742470181__F2CB0CDE-8DBD-4DCE-8600-024F29A0CA59 (resized).jpeg70742470181__F2CB0CDE-8DBD-4DCE-8600-024F29A0CA59 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.