image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 37.
#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

While I was under the playfield today, made an adjustment to the scoop. Instead of ejecting SDTM, now it hits right flipper and bounce to the left. Brilliant. Also found that I can backhad the shot under the upper flipper to start a battle, also brilliant. Any other tips folks want to share? (Like how best to hit the shooter lane shot, it's a tough one).

A couple of techniques I’ve been using to help set me up for success in the modes…

If I start a mode in the shooter lane and the target shots are hit from the bottom flippers, I manually soft plunge before it auto plunges because it’s easier to get control.

If I start a mode in the scoop and I need the ball on the right flipper, I drop catch from the scoop eject. I’d normally use a post pass after the bounce to the left flipper, but it’s not a gimme on this machine for some reason.

#1352 1 year ago

You can increase the pulse on the scoop in coil settings if the ball isn’t landing on the right flipper when ejected. I usually let the ball bounce off the right flipper after eject to the left flipper and get control. Very helpful. Backhanding the middle left flip from lower left flip to start a battle is also so satisfying.

Quoted from lookyloo:

A couple of techniques I’ve been using to help set me up for success in the modes…
If I start a mode in the shooter lane and the target shots are hit from the bottom flippers, I manually soft plunge before it auto plunges because it’s easier to get control.
If I start a mode in the scoop and I need the ball on the right flipper, I drop catch from the scoop eject. I’d normally use a post pass after the bounce to the left flipper, but it’s not a gimme on this machine for some reason.

#1353 1 year ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

For the shooter lane shot, I adjusted the metal guide at the entry point a bit to both open it up and guide the ball so that it travels down into the shooter lane. Small adjustments make a big difference, especially on that shot. I can see where steeping the play field would help that shot also

#1354 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

See post 868. There is a video too.

Thank you, but the spring is not "climbing" over the c-clip.
I saw this due I changed the plunger and the spring was in right position. Must be an other reason.
Played today 5 times multiballs with no problem , but I am sure its not solved.

#1355 1 year ago

If the ship post binds for any reason, it will delay the release and balls will get stuck. Simply ensure the post is moving freely, no obstructions, Optos are working and it should perform great.

Quoted from TomDK:

Thank you, but the spring is not "climbing" over the c-clip.
I saw this due I changed the plunger and the spring was in right position. Must be an other reason.
Played today 5 times multiballs with no problem , but I am sure its not solved.

#1356 1 year ago

ok guys. Todays the day! New Code for Legends of Valhalla

#1357 1 year ago

Rage Champion added, Viking Raid Champion added, Weapons enhance scoring,
Raiders enhance scoring, War on Land enhanced scoring, new lighting in all stacked battles,
balls can be locked in ship in Rampage and War on Land, bug fixes and additional polish.

Recommend following service menu settings to take advantage of new logic:
* enable 'Combos Fire Thors Hammer'
* enable 'Pulse Kraken Magnet at Ship Exit'
* change 'R-A-I-D Completions to start RAID' to 30 or higher

Welcome Vikings. We know you have been toiling, battling ODIN in
Valhalla and trying to reach Ragnarok. We know you have slayed the
legends and have not much to show for it. Well that changes now. Prepare
to wipe your high scores off the board!

This update increases scoring opportunities for War on Land, Legend
battles, War at sea, Viking Multiball, Viking Raid, Rampage, oh, actually everything!
Weapons collected now add points to legend battles.
Legend battles played/defeated now add points to War on Land.
Raiders collected now add points to all three sea multiballs.
Combos are now more forgiving and a few were corrected so you have 20 to
choose from. You'll discover new strategies to use them.
You'll be able to extend Rampage with a valkyrie or Thors hammer.
God of Thunder is now much easier to attain if you can't make the super
skill shot. Those that choose the ultimate challenge of no-timers for legend battles
will be rewarded handsomely at the start of Ragnarok.
Ahh, but all is not without embarassment as ODIN will announce his displeasure in Rampage
and War on land by chiding you for poor play!

So get ready to battle and lets slay some Legends of Valhalla!

v23.03.10 available now. please read the changelog.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

#1358 1 year ago

Hell yeah. Can't wait to play.

#1359 1 year ago

I am waiting impatiently...

20230320_160502 (resized).jpg20230320_160502 (resized).jpg
#1360 1 year ago

Installed the new version. Looks like it still only allows 0 or 1 for maximum extra balls. (I assume this is a bug, since the setting was 2 by default and I've never been able to put it back to that).

#1361 1 year ago

When the game shipped in October 2021 it defaulted to 2 extra balls. This was found too lucrative.
In a previous release (sorry I didn't record it in the changelog), the maximum allowed was changed to 1 and defaulted to 1. This is still the default and max with this release (no change).

Currently:
You get an extra ball qualified for playing 4 battles.
You qualify an extra ball for playing Escape The Kraken
You can set REPLAY AWARD = extra ball in service menu

You will get higher scores from now on with the rules changes so you will have an opportunity to get that extra ball.

Quoted from Eug:

Installed the new version. Looks like it still only allows 0 or 1 for maximum extra balls. (I assume this is a bug, since the setting was 2 by default and I've never been able to put it back to that).

#1362 1 year ago

Updated the code. Now non of the coils fire.

#1363 1 year ago

Turn off the game. Wait 10 seconds. Turn on the game.

Coil protection circuit if turned off and on too quickly.

Quoted from foxtj24:

Updated the code. Now non of the coils fire.

#1364 1 year ago

Turn off the game. Wait 10 seconds. Turn on the game.
Coil protection circuit if turned off and on too quickly.

left it off for a full minute. Now all is good. Thanks!

#1365 1 year ago

No need to redo the code update if you see the 23.03.10 date on the display. Just turn off the game and wait at least 10 sec before turning it on. This is noted in the changelog. Please reply back when you have success.

Quoted from foxtj24:

I will try that again. re-did the code update and still no luck

#1366 1 year ago

Ok great! Enjoy!

Quoted from foxtj24:

left it off for a full minute. Now all is good. Thanks!

#1367 1 year ago

While playing post-update tonight I found what appears to be a (fun) bug: I had two balls locked in the ship, started Rampage, and then twice when I hit a ball into the ship it spit out two balls instead of one during that same Rampage. Both times it let the extra ball drain and let me continue.

#1368 1 year ago

I will try to reproduce that event. Thanks for the report!

Quoted from arcyallen:

While playing post-update tonight I found what appears to be a (fun) bug: I had two balls locked in the ship, started Rampage, and then twice when I hit a ball into the ship it spit out two balls instead of one during that same Rampage. Both times it let the extra ball drain and let me continue.

#1369 1 year ago

ok, I just tested Rampage and War on Land modes that allow 2 balls locked in the ship (but no more than two). Each time I had 2 balls locked, and hit one in the ship, the ship behaved properly releasing one ball so two balls remained in the ship (ship multiball is not allowed during these modes). Seems to be working just fine and no other reports from the beta testers on this. I tested both modes several times.

A couple of checks/pointers...
Do you have 2 balls released from the ship sometimes during regular gameplay?
Does War on Land also release 2 balls if you have 2 locked during War on Land and shoot one in the ship?
Do you have your pitch set to 7 (recommended).
Also check the ship release eject setting in service menu. This should be set to 0.25

If the ship releases 2 balls, this usually means the ship post stayed open too long, either by the setting or a skewed ship post or friction on the post, washer or spring. Anyway, hope this helps to troubleshoot.

Quoted from arcyallen:

#1370 1 year ago

Update installed. Look forward to exploring the code this week. Thanks for the updates and refinements luvthatapex2 !

#1371 1 year ago

ok, I just tested Rampage and War on Land modes that allow 2 balls locked in the ship (but no more than two). Each time I had 2 balls locked, and hit one in the ship, the ship behaved properly releasing one ball so two balls remained in the ship (ship multiball is not allowed during these modes). Seems to be working just fine and no other reports from the beta testers on this. I tested both modes several times.
A couple of checks/pointers...
Do you have 2 balls released from the ship sometimes during regular gameplay?
Does War on Land also release 2 balls if you have 2 locked during War on Land and shoot one in the ship?
Do you have your pitch set to 7 (recommended).
Also check the ship release eject setting in service menu. This should be set to 0.25
If the ship releases 2 balls, this usually means the ship post stayed open too long, either by the setting or a skewed ship post or friction on the post, washer or spring. Anyway, hope this helps to troubleshoot.

After a long process of troubleshooting these last few months, the ship post has been otherwise functioning 100% for a few weeks now. I'll try duplicating and recording this issue. The pitch is at 7 degrees. I'll check the ship release setting, but it's been working otherwise.

#1372 1 year ago

When the game shipped in October 2021 it defaulted to 2 extra balls. This was found too lucrative.
In a previous release (sorry I didn't record it in the changelog), the maximum allowed was changed to 1 and defaulted to 1. This is still the default and max with this release (no change).

Thanks for the clarification. That must explain the behavior I saw when I first got the game. The 2 setting must have still been there from before I updated to the July code, and once I tried changing it, only the newly allowed values were available.

#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I am waiting impatiently...
[quoted image]

How are you downloading code?

#1374 1 year ago

Are you asking where to download the new code?

v23.03.10 available now. please read the Release Notes.

Quoted from Dwboca:

How are you downloading code?

#1375 1 year ago

Are you asking where to download the new code?
v23.03.10 available now. please read the Release Notes.

I'm unfamiliar with Americans setup. I see that there is the link available, but I'm not sure what to do when I get there. How does the new code get to the game?

#1376 1 year ago

Just click with the left button of your computermouse on the word "DOWNLOAD" in the left.
This is a so calles LINK. Than a new internet web page opens with a button in the middle. This buton is also labeled with DOWNLOAD.
Click it with the left button of your computermouse. A new window will open , telling me that the file is too large to be checked for viruses and the question is to download it ahnyway. Click this button and the download will start.
After a while ... depends on your Internet Service Provider and the speed of your internetconnection, a file with the needet code will be saved on your personal computer.
Now you have to copy this file to a USB stick. You can google how to do this. Or ask someone in the neighborhood.
If you have the code on the USB stick move to your LOV pinball machine.
Open the coindoor with the key. On the left you will find a cable with a plug. Your USB stick will exactly fit in this plug. Do it.
Now you switch on your pinball machine. Dont touch anything. The code will be installed.
Have a coffee. After the coffee the update should be installed. Remove the stick. Switch of the pinball. Wait 5 seconds. Switch on the pinball machine.
The new code should be installed.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 10.02.45 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 10.02.45 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 10.02.55 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 10.02.55 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 10.02.59 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 10.02.59 (resized).png
#1377 1 year ago

Reply back if you still need help updating after following the instruction in the release notes. I'd be happy to help!

Release Notes
Updating your Legends of Valhalla machine is a simple process. During the update
process, none of your current settings will be changed.
To install the update . . .
1) Download the update code and copy it onto a USB stick (FAT32
formatted, minimum 4 GB (no larger than 64GB). Make sure the USB Stick does NOT have a space in the
name.
2) Open the coin door and find the USB extension cable. It should be
anchored to the side wall of the cabinet.
3) Insert the USB stick into the extension cable.
4) Turn on your Legends of Valhalla machine.
5) After a few seconds, the display should indicate that code is being
updated. The code update process takes approximately 10 minutes.
6) An on-screen message will advise when the update process is
complete. Remove the USB stick, turn off the game, wait 10 seconds, and
power the game back up.
7) Get back into battle!

Quoted from Dwboca:

I'm unfamiliar with Americans setup. I see that there is the link available, but I'm not sure what to do when I get there. How does the new code get to the game?

#1378 1 year ago

Well, I can't duplicate the original problem but instead am having the balls stick in the ship but only at the end of a feature. Back to more ind-depth troubleshooting...

#1379 1 year ago

Certainly contact support if you need help troubleshooting. (833) 274-4357 or https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/
please have your serial number available

Quoted from arcyallen:

Well, I can't duplicate the original problem but instead am having the balls stick in the ship but only at the end of a feature. Back to more ind-depth troubleshooting...

#1380 1 year ago

Code updated.
Very fun.
The trash talking for poor performance is excellent.
The scoring improvements made tasks like rampage rewarding.

#1381 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the update and enjoy! Start crushing your leaderboard!

Quoted from Dwboca:

Code updated.
Very fun.

#1382 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the update and enjoy! Start crushing your leaderboard!

Are you going to TPF?

#1383 1 year ago

No sorry, I won't be there. It sounds like a blast though!

Quoted from Dwboca:

Are you going to TPF?

#1384 1 year ago

No sorry, I won't be there. It sounds like a blast though!

Shaping up to be an amazing time.
Trying to gauge who will be there. Time is precious. Lots of people to chat with

#1385 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Quoted from Dwboca:

Code updated.
Very fun.

Its okay ... no reason to say thankyou for the foolproof guide on downloading a file in the internet. Tststs.

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Its okay ... no reason to say thankyou for the foolproof guide on downloading a file in the internet. Tststs.

I'd like to thank luvthatapex2 for helping me find the USB port to put the upgrade into the machine

#1387 1 year ago

Certainly contact support if you need help troubleshooting. (833) 274-4357 or https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/
please have your serial number available

The post in the ship was intermittently binding (again). After extensive testing it's all working well, no actual bugs except for the voice still cutting out during the ship multiball announcement.

Quoted from TomDK:

I think if you have to -shame- someone into thanking someone you're doing it wrong. We all help each other every day here. Every other post would be a Thank You if we did that every time we all got helpful info.

#1388 1 year ago

New code is killer. Just played 5 games, damn this pin is fun

#1389 1 year ago

Not an owner but wanted to comment that I'm having a lot of fun playing LOV at TPF. I slept on this pin.

#1390 1 year ago

Game is a favorite and if you put the time into adjusting the lane shot it even better! I may have made mine to easy.I will get around to documenting what I did.

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Game is a favorite and if you put the time into adjusting the lane shot it even better! I may have made mine to easy.I will get around to documenting what I did.

Do share what you did. I am interested to hear more about people adjustments on the shooter lane. So far mine is still untouched.

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

And if you'd like an all expense paid trip to St. Louis to make the changes on mine we could work something out.

#1393 1 year ago

What an amazing game.

Played it for the first time on Wednesday and now I want to order one more than GTF

#1394 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

What an amazing game.
Played it for the first time on Wednesday and now I want to order one more than GTF

It's pretty awesome. You can turn on the ball save option for the scoop. Also, just dead pass it from the left to the right flipper from there. Don't try an active save.

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's pretty awesome. You can turn on the ball save option for the scoop. Also, just dead pass it from the left to the right flipper from there. Don't try an active save.

Ahh thanks very much, I'm not entirely sure it was set-up correctly but we definitely enjoyed some better games afterwards. It's very addictive though.

Thanks for the advice.

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

What an amazing game.

Do it. LOV is a great game.

#1397 1 year ago

Also the scoop pulse is adjustable in service menu. It should never eject the ball sdtm if its set correctly. Add a few ms in the pulse and off you go!
Thanks for the review and your detailed analysis!

Quoted from glpinball:

#1398 1 year ago

Code is excellent- pretty deep game. A favorite in our home league. Vastly underrated-home brew, not much advertising, generic theme. Once you get hooked…ouch. Oh yeah- one of the best rock songs at the end of the game.

#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

And if you'd like an all expense paid trip to St. Louis to make the changes on mine we could work something out.

The lane guide is very small and I am sure not very expensive,I am very happy with my adjustments of the guide but you will have to bent the guide and grind off or cut off the post in the back that just fits onto a hole no screw just sits in there and you will not be able to see that it’s removed when the plastic is reinstalled.

You will not be able to change it back it will be permanent but again I am more than happy with the results! I can actually make the shot now.

I will take some pictures next few days.

#1400 1 year ago

Just got to Valhalla for my second time. Got to spear and drained but at least I crushed my GC.

One weird think happened in the game though. Went to fight Loki and had a Valkyrie. When I selected Loki it used my Valkyrie. Heard it fire and it was gone before Loki mode started. Maybe that was the motivation I needed to get to Valhalla!
13BB9578-449C-46EE-B3A3-180627C97E53 (resized).jpeg13BB9578-449C-46EE-B3A3-180627C97E53 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.