image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 37.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the opposite end of the trough from the eject upkicker is open on TBL, the ball's likely bouncing backwards out the wrong end of the trough when it drains hot. Is your machine level left to right? What's your playfield pitch?

I've also had balls disappearing into the cabinet, but it's been during multiball so I haven't noticed where they're disappearing from. (For the record, 7° pitch and definitely left-right level). What's TBL?

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

I've also had balls disappearing into the cabinet, but it's been during multiball so I haven't noticed where they're disappearing from. (For the record, 7° pitch and definitely left-right level). What's TBL?

Haha. Jumping in and out of thread via notifications, sometimes I lose track of which thread I'm in. LoV, not The Big Lebowski.

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Happened to play this in a tournament late last year, having never heard of it prior to that. Wondering why it *still* has no entry at IPDB ?

I asked Jay at ipdb the same thing recently. He said his emails don't seem to be getting through whatever spam control they have at American Pinball because he never hears back from his emails to them asking for verification of details of the LoV listing he wants to put up.

Maybe luvthatapex2 can have someone from American Pinball initiate contact with "jay at ipdb.org" from the AP side and break through whatever email issue is blocking contact with them so LoV can finally get a listing on ipdb?

Actually, for the record, Jay also seems to have the same issues with getting spooky games set up in ipdb. Emails just seem to go into the void that are sent to spooky pinball, too. Maybe SpookyLuke or spooky_dj etc can contact Jay at ipdb.org so spooky games can be fleshed out in the database, too.

#1304 1 year ago

Thanks for letting us know. I contacted AP and someone will follow up with jay.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I asked Jay at ipdb the same thing recently. He said his emails don't seem to be getting through whatever spam control they have at American Pinball because he never hears back from his emails to them asking for verification of details of the LoV listing he wants to put up.
Maybe luvthatapex2 can have someone from American Pinball initiate contact with "jay at ipdb.org" from the AP side and break through whatever email issue is blocking contact with them so LoV can finally get a listing on ipdb?
Actually, for the record, Jay also seems to have the same issues with getting spooky games set up in ipdb. Emails just seem to go into the void that are sent to spooky pinball, too. Maybe SpookyLuke or spooky_dj etc can contact Jay at ipdb.org so spooky games can be fleshed out in the database, too.

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thanks for letting us know. I contacted AP and someone will follow up with jay.

Looking forward to seeing LoV added to ipdb.org!

#1306 1 year ago

Can we expect Scorebit integration in the next code release? With the GTF teaser showing it I hope the other games get the update soon too.

#1307 1 year ago

No Scorebit integration this update, but we would like to add it in a future update.

Quoted from RandomRetro:

Can we expect Scorebit integration in the next code release? With the GTF teaser showing it I hope the other games get the update soon too.

#1308 1 year ago

I remember mention of a code update....long long ago. Let's do this!

vikings_gif.gifvikings_gif.gif
#1309 1 year ago

Something new has been happening on my game. The ball eject takes a few attempts if it happens during a multiball mode it ends the ball. Thoughts?

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Something new has been happening on my game. The ball eject takes a few attempts if it happens during a multiball mode it ends the ball. Thoughts?

Is ball eject working otherwise? Like outside of multiballs?

#1311 1 year ago

See if the balls are hitting the rubber stopper in the trough exit. If so, remove the rubber stopper.

Quoted from Dwboca:

#1312 1 year ago

In the next update, a service menu entry was added to disable the ship post release check at startup.
Previously the ship post would drop whether balls were in the ship or not as a precaution (faulty or disconnected opto, etc).
Now you can disable this check so you don't hear the ship post dropping at startup. Silence! Default is still enabled.
Start button still checks for balls in the ship (if the optos are working) and releases them accordingly before gameplay.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

It's normal to end the ball if it fails the eject several times. Play with coil strength. Remove the rubber stopper at the top. Remove the swinging ball gate and bend the diverter flap almost all the way back to open the chute all the way.

Don't have to do all of those but try one that's easy to revert like the rubber stopper and go from there.

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's normal to end the ball if it fails the eject several times. Play with coil strength. Remove the rubber stopper at the top. Remove the swinging ball gate and bend the diverter flap almost all the way back to open the chute all the way.
Don't have to do all of those but try one that's easy to revert like the rubber stopper and go from there.

Took out the rubber stopper, didn't have an issue today.
We're hosting a tournament at our house this weekend. Valhalla is one of the premier games that we have.
Its gonna get played, and afterwards its going to get played some more.

#1315 1 year ago

Cleaning and removing extra balls for our shindig/tournament.
The audits never lie, but the devil is in the details

20230310_120003 (resized).jpg20230310_120003 (resized).jpg
#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Cleaning and removing extra balls for our shindig/tournament.
The audits never lie, but the devil is in the details
[quoted image]

Time for you to step up your game.

20230310_220224 (resized).jpg20230310_220224 (resized).jpg
#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

that makes two of us. only had mine a week, but i don’t think this is just honeymoon love. i think it’s the real deal. i haven’t used the l-word with her yet out of fear of rejection. maybe after i break 60 mil to prove i’m serious.

It’s official. We’re a thing now. Hit 110 mil. I increased the pitch from 6.5 to 6.8. The ship ramp and shooter lane shot are much easier now and the ball returning to the right flipper from a left orbit doesn’t hit the right sling.

#1318 1 year ago

Game played well during tournament.
60 ish games over 11 hrs. Even made up a game we called blind luck. Where we covered the screen and playfield from the slings up, you were only able to see the flippers and slings.
There was a flipper fade at the end and the raid lights were yellow not blue. It definitely was hot from all the play.
Are there flipper fans available, or suggestions on how to cool the machine?

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Game played well during tournament.
60 ish games over 11 hrs. Even made up a game we called blind luck. Where we covered the screen and playfield from the slings up, you were only able to see the flippers and slings.
There was a flipper fade at the end and the raid lights were yellow not blue. It definitely was hot from all the play.
Are there flipper fans available, or suggestions on how to cool the machine?

It was one of the most-requested kits, and now that I have them, one of the most-popular ZEN cooling kits:

https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-zen-2-flipper-cooling-kit-for-american-pinball-lov

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was one of the most-requested kits, and now that I have them, one of the most-popular ZEN cooling kits:
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-zen-2-flipper-cooling-kit-for-american-pinball-lov

Thanks. I thought it was you

#1321 1 year ago

What is the deal with a ball ending up in/under the apron on this game? I believe the apron flap that that is supposed to direct the draining balls to the trough hole is just not long enough and a fast drain will cause the ball to end up on top of the play field under the right side of the apron. Only seems to happen during a multiball. I'll either need a new apron or fabricate a ball block. Anyone else see this problem?

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

What is the deal with a ball ending up in/under the apron on this game? I believe the apron flap that that is supposed to direct the draining balls to the trough hole is just not long enough and a fast drain will cause the ball to end up on top of the play field under the right side of the apron. Only seems to happen during a multiball. I'll either need a new apron or fabricate a ball block. Anyone else see this problem?

Yes, I have this problem and, much like almost everything else about this game, it's incredibly frustrating.

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

It's a simple fix. Bend the apron a little to close the gap.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's a simple fix. Bend the apron a little to close the gap.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just so I understand fully...you are suggesting to bend the 'flap/tab' that is supposed to block the balls, from the current angle to more 'straight'? If that is the case I will do that tonight. Inspecting my Hot Wheels, the 'flap/tab' is much longer and that game doesn't have the problem. Not sure why AP changed the apron specifications, quite an oversight IMHO. Still love the game!

AP must be too busy to release the new code, but I'm eager to try it out.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Thanks for the suggestion. Just so I understand fully...you are suggesting to bend the 'flap/tab' that is supposed to block the balls, from the current angle to more 'straight'? If that is the case I will do that tonight. Inspecting my Hot Wheels, the 'flap/tab' is much longer and that game doesn't have the problem. Not sure why AP changed the apron specifications, quite an oversight IMHO. Still love the game!

Yeah just bend it outward a bit. I did that hasn't happened since.

Code is on the cusp of coming out. New features keep getting added so things ARE happening. You are gonna really like the updates.

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Code is on the cusp of coming out. New features keep getting added so things ARE happening. You are gonna really like the updates

Drum roll… excited for the code.

#1327 1 year ago

Bring on the code update!

People loved playing LOV, can't wait to see whats changed and improved

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Following up on the ball lost in apron problem. Took some time the bend the tab this evening, but first I verified the ball can pass by the tab. Bending the tab definitely has solved the problem, many thanks for the quick fix...I made this drawing to help others in case they need it. I bent the tab 18 degrees from its original position that was parallel to the right side of the apron. I think as little as 10 degrees would also work, but the ball could squeeze through, so I bent it to 18 degrees; no way the ball will get through now.

ApronFixSmall (resized).pngApronFixSmall (resized).png
#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Not sure why AP changed the apron specifications, quite an oversight IMHO. Still love the game!

AP did not change the specification; nothing changed with respect to the apron or trough area. Must be related to the quality and variability of the parts being received. Looks like there’s a simple fix though, so that’s good!

Glad you’re still LoVing the game.

#1330 1 year ago

I'm playing LOV tonight and I don't think it's an option yet, but I'd like to kindly request some kind of call-out or brief music clip in an attract mode that cycles every few minutes if possible. Thanks!

#1331 1 year ago

You can press the action button during attract mode and hear one of 15 random call-outs.

Quoted from billsgto:

I'm playing LOV tonight and I don't think it's an option yet, but I'd like to kindly request some kind of call-out or brief music clip in an attract mode that cycles every few minutes if possible. Thanks!

#1332 1 year ago

Is there a separate volume control for the end of game music (or a way to turn it off)?

Thanks!

#1333 1 year ago

No, neither. Most people tell me they enjoy that track. It's one of my favorites in the game and a fitting track after a battle. Sorry you don't enjoy it!

Quoted from PBatt:

Is there a separate volume control for the end of game music (or a way to turn it off)?
Thanks!

#1334 1 year ago

Sometimes in the multiball the balls get stuck in the ship and the displays telles something "Ball stuck multiball" (or so).
I got a new plunger from my dealer, but it is exactly the plunger build in.
Other ideas for a solution ?

I also had a nutscrew from a shield laying in the ship. Will fix them all with hot glue next time.

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Sometimes in the multiball the balls get stuck in the ship and the displays telles something "Ball stuck multiball" (or so).
I also had a nutscrew from a shield laying in the ship. Will fix them all with hot glue next time.

Had this happen to me last night too. Not sure if it's a ball not blocking the opto or something of that nature. I may take the cover off the ship to see if anything abnormal is going on.

#1336 1 year ago

So the new code is coming..........by tomorrow?

#1337 1 year ago

As soon as AP wants to release it. It’s up to them. They have a plan. Please be patient.

Quoted from bemmett:

So the new code is coming..........by tomorrow?

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No, neither. Most people tell me they enjoy that track. It's one of my favorites in the game and a fitting track after a battle. Sorry you don't enjoy it!

I do enjoy it! But its WAY louder than the standard volume. Just looking to not have it blow out the other pins after play.

#1339 1 year ago

See post 868. There is a video too.

Quoted from TomDK:

#1340 1 year ago

See post 868

Quoted from RikV:

Had this happen to me last night too. Not sure if it's a ball not blocking the opto or something of that nature. I may take the cover off the ship to see if anything abnormal is going on.

#1341 1 year ago

Following up on the ball lost in apron problem. Took some time the bend the tab this evening, but first I verified the ball can pass by the tab. Bending the tab definitely has solved the problem, many thanks for the quick fix...I made this drawing to help others in case they need it. I bent the tab 18 degrees from its original position that was parallel to the right side of the apron. I think as little as 10 degrees would also work, but the ball could squeeze through, so I bent it to 18 degrees; no way the ball will get through now.

Awesome! Not that "find the ball" after a drain isn't fun . . . . Nice to have this one solved!

#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Are the balls getting stuck ONLY in multiball? That might be a different issue...

#1343 1 year ago

I'll double check my washer and make sure the spring isn't binding. That being said, early on I had the ship lock mech out for adjustment due to post binding on the playfield and/or ship and I noticed that the additional washer makes it so that the plunger does not hit the coil stop, perhaps a thinner fender washer would allow it, but I guess I wouldn't want the plunger to be slamming the roll pin (if I remember correctly) as a stop rather than the coil stop, Just remebering...I think I saw damage on the coil sleeve too due to the above condition. I'll check it out some more today.

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from PBatt:

I do enjoy it! But its WAY louder than the standard volume. Just looking to not have it blow out the other pins after play.

Seconded. I have my volume adjusted for how I want the game to sound in my living room, and that end-of-game music blows my house up unnecessarily.

#1345 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

I'll double check my washer and make sure the spring isn't binding. That being said, early on I had the ship lock mech out for adjustment due to post binding on the playfield and/or ship and I noticed that the additional washer makes it so that the plunger does not hit the coil stop, perhaps a thinner fender washer would allow it, but I guess I wouldn't want the plunger to be slamming the roll pin (if I remember correctly) as a stop rather than the coil stop, Just remebering...I think I saw damage on the coil sleeve too due to the above condition. I'll check it out some more today.

Following up on the ship lock ball lost...checked out the mech. First I remembered incorrecly, the up/down post coil plunger would stop on the washer/e-clip not a roll pin. At any rate, the spring was fine and the post seemed to actuate by hand without binding. I'll try to recreate the problem, until then, happy pinballing.

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

Seconded. I have my volume adjusted for how I want the game to sound in my living room, and that end-of-game music blows my house up unnecessarily.

We love it...my 5 year old daughter jumps around dancing everytime it plays. I wish it was incorporated more into the gameplay.

#1347 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

When I read the first comment I thought it sounded silly, but now that you I read your version I agree. Last night I had two friends over who'd never played it before, and they were almost startled when it started at the end. I think sometimes we get used to it, but it does seem pretty loud compared to the rest of the game.

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

When I read the first comment I thought it sounded silly, but now that you I read your version I agree. Last night I had two friends over who'd never played it before, and they were almost startled when it started at the end. I think sometimes we get used to it, but it does seem pretty loud compared to the rest of the game.

It's way louder and definitely needs to be remastered at volume that matches

#1349 1 year ago

While I was under the playfield today, made an adjustment to the scoop. Instead of ejecting SDTM, now it hits right flipper and bounce to the left. Brilliant. Also found that I can backhad the shot under the upper flipper to start a battle, also brilliant. Any other tips folks want to share? (Like how best to hit the shooter lane shot, it's a tough one).

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

While I was under the playfield today, made an adjustment to the scoop. Instead of ejecting SDTM, now it hits right flipper and bounce to the left. Brilliant. Also found that I can backhad the shot under the upper flipper to start a battle, also brilliant. Any other tips folks want to share? (Like how best to hit the shooter lane shot, it's a tough one).

I found that a steeper pitch helped me with that shot.

I also find that the momentum from the ramp return can sometimes add too much speed for that shot, so I trap up if I really need to make it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/27?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.