image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I've had zero issues with Halloween CE, zero

When you lowered the playfield, you didn't need to move the coinbox and latch out of the way? And you didn't have horrible video compression? I've never seen one not have those issues, and if yours didn't that's great.

As for GnR, it's tempting at the lower prices to pick one up but it seems there's an awful lot of people that thought the same and are reselling them. I'll still probably own one at some point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

When you lowered the playfield, you didn't need to move the coinbox and latch out of the way? And you didn't have horrible video compression? I've never seen one not have those issues, and if yours didn't that's great.
As for GnR, it's tempting at the lower prices to pick one up but it seems there's an awful lot of people that thought the same and are reselling them. I'll still probably own one at some point.
[quoted image]

GNR is amazing, I'm completely addicted to it...I will say, it's weird though, it took like 300 plays for the game to really click with me. At first you are wowed by the lightshow and just overall presentation, then I could see how some would get bored with it, but once the gameplay clicks, holy shit...It's on.

Yeah, I just got lucky with Halloween I guess, it's a late run of the CE, so knock on wood, it's been flawless, like I mean not one issue.

#1253 1 year ago

AP is still validating the next update but it should be very soon!

Just wanted to report back for those that were having trouble hitting one of the top lane skill shots (god-of-thunder rollovers).
I tested my skill shot plunge and I am able to get one of the top lanes from plunge if I pull the shooter back to line #6 (there are 9 lines).
This is of course with the stock spring. YMMV but I can do it maybe 2/3 the time.

Now getting the lit lane without using the flippers to change the lane, that requires skill and why you also get a weapon for doing it!

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

AP is still validating the next update but it should be very soon!
Just wanted to report back for those that were having trouble hitting one of the top lane skill shots (god-of-thunder rollovers).
I tested my skill shot plunge and I am able to get one of the top lanes from plunge if I pull the shooter back to line #6 (there are 9 lines).
This is of course with the stock spring. YMMV but I can do it maybe 2/3 the time.
Now getting the lit lane without using the flippers to change the lane, that requires skill and why you also get a weapon for doing it!

Looking forward to the update. I continue to adjust the metal ball guides and continue to improve the smoothness of the shots. Once you start hitting the shots smoothly, the game play really opens up.

#1255 1 year ago

Need tech help. Sent in a service request
Game boots
lights work
switches work
ball does not load
flippers do not work
can not find manual. do not see fuses anywhere.

#1256 1 year ago

Turn off the game. count to 15. turn it back on again.

(It sounds like the coil voltage protection kicked on. Usually this happens when the game is turned off and turned on again without waiting 10 seconds. This is necessary for the boards to power down completely).

Here are some manuals on their website (quick reference and main manual for LOV).

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-11/Rampage--Quick-Reference-Guide.pdf

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2022-3/Rampage-Manual-10-19-2021.pdf

Quoted from sulli10:

Game boots
lights work
switches work
ball does not load
flippers do not work

#1257 1 year ago

Turn off the game. count to 15. turn it back on again.
(It sounds like the coil voltage protection kicked on. Usually this happens when the game is turned off and turned on again without waiting 10 seconds. This is necessary for the boards to power down completely).
Here are some manuals on their website (quick reference and main manual for LOV).
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-11/Rampage--Quick-Reference-Guide.pdf
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2022-3/Rampage-Manual-10-19-2021.pdf

Thank you. Looks like that is what happened. I powered down the game and it worked fine. I had booted it a couple of times but must have been too fast. As always , thanks for monitoring this thread and the quick response.

FWIW, I keep tuning this game and the shots keep getting smoother and smoother. The metal side rails cause the rejects and clunky shots. The shot geometry is really good, just need to tweak the metal. This is my go to game and is getting more so. Prior to this I felt GOT pro was my smoothest shooting game. I am thinking LOV can get to that point.

#1258 1 year ago

Happy to help! I am testing some War on Land changes that you guys will like. Glad you can play now too. Should be a big week for LOV!

Quoted from sulli10:

Thank you. Looks like that is what happened. I powered down the game and it worked fine. I had booted it a couple of times but must have been too fast. As always , thanks for monitoring this thread and the quick response.
FWIW, I keep tuning this game and the shots keep getting smoother and smoother. The metal side rails cause the rejects and clunky shots. The shot geometry is really good, just need to tweak the metal. This is my go to game and is getting more so. Prior to this I felt GOT pro was my smoothest shooting game. I am thinking LOV can get to that point.

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Game boots
lights work
switches work
ball does not load
flippers do not work

Check main fuse, mine just blew, the game shipped with fast blow, and should be slow blow...Talked to tech support, they were very helpful...That might be your problem...They had issues with parts, and fast blows were mistakenly put in some games.

#1260 1 year ago

Happy to help! I am testing some War on Land changes that you guys will like. Glad you can play now too. Should be a big week for LOV!

Big Week??????

That sounds like a software release to me .

#1261 1 year ago

Its taken nearly a year but vikings have made it down under,
Gotta love new pin day

#1262 1 year ago

Not sure if this is a bug. Having a good game. Just finished the regular ship multiball followed by raid multi ball. Down to one ball. Loaded the ship with it and the game just sat there. Every thing looked ok. Waited 10 minutes and no ball search. Eventually had to re boot and everything was fine.

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Not sure if this is a bug. Having a good game. Just finished the regular ship multiball followed by raid multi ball. Down to one ball. Loaded the ship with it and the game just sat there. Every thing looked ok. Waited 10 minutes and no ball search. Eventually had to re boot and everything was fine.

Didn't detect the ball in ship likely. Variety of reasons for this. If it happens more often connect with AP tech support they can walk you through some fixes.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I've had this too and after about 2 weeks of troubleshooting found that the spring on the coil for the ship needed to be stretched out just a bit. Easy enough but took a while to get there.

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Didn't detect the ball in ship likely. Variety of reasons for this. If it happens more often connect with AP tech support they can walk you through some fixes.

I thought that. But never had that problem before or after. The balls are detected fine.

Also made all three God of Thunder shots at the top and did not get credit on the playfield. Never had that happen before either.

#1266 1 year ago

You need 2 sets of god of Thunder completions not one. Now this week things will change

Quoted from sulli10:

I thought that. But never had that problem before or after. The balls are detected fine.
Also made all three God of Thunder shots at the top and did not get credit on the playfield. Never had that happen before either.

#1267 1 year ago

You need 2 sets of god of Thunder completions not one. Now this week things will change

An update!!! Yes!!!

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Ship definitely needs tweaking. It's not detecting it in the ship. Could be a post problem (likely) or opto.

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

It is concerning that there was no ball search. If you weren't flipping while waiting it should have ball searched looking for the ball.

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Why no ball search?

#1271 1 year ago

You'll see improvements in ball search in the update this week.

Quoted from Scoot:

It is concerning that there was no ball search. If you weren't flipping while waiting it should have ball searched looking for the ball.

#1272 1 year ago

Not only does LOV kick ass, but AP's service is awesome...I had an issue arise with main fuse blowing last week, tech support sent me new fuses, and walked me through replacing them, troubleshooting the boards...Still couldn't get 48v power to the flippers and ball eject to shooter lane.

Spoke with Kevin @ AP this morning, he troubleshooted some more and they are sending me a brand new power supply to remedy the situation...Should be back up and running on LOV by next week...F'n awesome service, I already love LOV, and really enjoyed Hot Wheels...I know what pin I'll be buying next...Hint: It will be an AP

BRAVO!!

#1273 1 year ago

Anyone have any insight on the new code drop?

#1274 1 year ago

We put a few more things in the package so we need a few more days. It will be Worth the wait. Hopefully next week! Thank you for your patience.

Quoted from RikV:

Anyone have any insight on the new code drop?

#1275 1 year ago

We put a few more things in the package so we need a few more days. It will be Worth the wait. Hopefully next week! Thank you for your patience.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it!

#1276 1 year ago

Update: Kevin at AP got me new fuses and sent me a brand new power supply...He spent a lot of time with me troubleshooting a drop target issue that occurred, which was my fault when I took the playfield out to install the new power supply.

That is A++ customer service...I'm so happy my LOV is up and running again...I freakin' love this game!!

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Looking forward to the update. I continue to adjust the metal ball guides and continue to improve the smoothness of the shots. Once you start hitting the shots smoothly, the game play really opens up.

What changes are you making to smooth out the shots?

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

What changes are you making to smooth out the shots?

sulli10 has been repeatedly talking about "adding rubbers" and "adjusting metal ball guides" but the details are very secret. Shh.

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

What changes are you making to smooth out the shots?</blockquote

sulli10 has been repeatedly talking about "adding rubbers" and "adjusting metal ball guides" but the details are very secret. Shh.

Lol, no not secret.

Each game is going to be a little different. Small variances in ball path’s can cause the pinball to rattle.

So here is my best explanation.

Pull glass. Take a pair of needle nose and start making shots. Observe where on your game the rattles occur.

The thickness and bends of the metal ball guides cause the rattles. With the needle nose pliers, at your observed rattle points, make small adjustments to either open the pathway or change the curvature of the ball guides. Very small adjustments make a difference. It becomes an iterative trial and error.

By following the above trial and error, I have seen improvements in both outer loops, the inner Kraken loop and the path way on the right most shot into the shooting lane.

On the rightmost shot to the shooter lane, the metal ball guide creates a tight opening to the shooter lane. I had to pull the plastic piece above the metal ball guide, remove a screw that secures the ball guide in place to make sufficient adjustments to open up the entry point into the shooter lane. I left the screw out.

All other adjustments were done without pulling plastics or any other pieces.

As far as “rubber” pieces, I put in one 1” piece. Actually used a Velcro piece with tape on it. I placed it in the right most wooden side rail in the shooter lane. It was positioned to soften the blow as the ball goes through the opening adjusted above and hits the wooden side rail. On my game the ball would rebound back into the playfield through the opening. With the Velcro and the ball guide adjustments at the opening, rebounds back to the play field are about one in ten.

Last adjustment was I removed the post at the entryway to the left most loop on the right side of the entryway. I believe the post was there to protect the target it is behind for right to left loopshots but I feel it is worth opening up the entry way

Hope this helps

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Lol, no not secret.
Each game is going to be a little different. Small variances in ball path’s can cause the pinball to rattle.
So here is my best explanation.
Pull glass. Take a pair of needle nose and start making shots. Observe where on your game the rattles occur.
The thickness and bends of the metal ball guides cause the rattles. With the needle nose pliers, at your observed rattle points, make small adjustments to either open the pathway or change the curvature of the ball guides. Very small adjustments make a difference. It becomes an iterative trial and error.
By following the above trial and error, I have seen improvements in both outer loops, the inner Kraken loop and the path way on the right most shot into the shooting lane.
On the rightmost shot to the shooter lane, the metal ball guide creates a tight opening to the shooter lane. I had to pull the plastic piece above the metal ball guide, remove a screw that secures the ball guide in place to make sufficient adjustments to open up the entry point into the shooter lane. I left the screw out.
All other adjustments were done without pulling plastics or any other pieces.
As far as “rubber” pieces, I put in one 1” piece. Actually used a Velcro piece with tape on it. I placed it in the right most wooden side rail in the shooter lane. It was positioned to soften the blow as the ball goes through the opening adjusted above and hits the wooden side rail. On my game the ball would rebound back into the playfield through the opening. With the Velcro and the ball guide adjustments at the opening, rebounds back to the play field are about one in ten.
Last adjustment was I removed the post at the entryway to the left most loop on the right side of the entryway. I believe the post was there to protect the target it is behind for right to left loopshots but I feel it is worth opening up the entry way
Hope this helps

Very nice and thank you. I've done several things but haven't gotten to the point of taking needle nosed pliers to the machine yet. Raising the protector on the right ramp was super nice and fairly easy. That left loop post has made that shot so much easier. I still struggle with the ball bouncing back in on the right ball launch. Have a piece of rubber there but it isn't enough. Had thought about a velcro patch too but will try this after your recommendation.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

Very nice and thank you. I've done several things but haven't gotten to the point of taking needle nosed pliers to the machine yet. Raising the protector on the right ramp was super nice and fairly easy. That left loop post has made that shot so much easier. I still struggle with the ball bouncing back in on the right ball launch. Have a piece of rubber there but it isn't enough. Had thought about a velcro patch too but will try this after your
recommendation.

On the right most shot into the shooter lane, I also think adjusting the bend on the entry ball quide helped also. Getting the ball to track downward in the shooter lane help also on the rebounds.

Not really taking needle nose to the machine. More of tweeks you can not even see. A 1/16th adjustment can make a difference.

#1282 1 year ago

Wasn't there a code update dropping soon?

#1283 1 year ago

Yes, testing/validation complete. AP will determine when to release it on the website. Hopefully soon!

Quoted from bemmett:

Wasn't there a code update dropping soon?

#1284 1 year ago

Where can we find the code update? anyway to be notified when it ready?

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Where can we find the code update? anyway to be notified when it ready?

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

#1286 1 year ago

If you are local to the Malvern, PA area we will be running the new LOV update tonight at the following location:

Pinball Gallery
81 Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355

The game will be updated by 5pm and the arcade is open tonight until 9pm.
The game is setup for a charity and I'll be happy to plug in money as long as people want to play.

This will not be streamed, but if you will be around tonight, stop by and play the new code!
I'll be there explaining new things to anyone interested

#1287 1 year ago

If you are local to the Malvern, PA area we will be running the new LOV update tonight at the following location:

Pinball Gallery

The game is setup for a charity and I'll be happy to plug in money as long as people want to play.

This will not be streamed, but if you will be around tonight, stop by and play the new code!

AND releasing it to us not in PA?

#1288 1 year ago

Pinball Gallery

Any reviews?

#1289 1 year ago

I know we're all excited for the new code release but while wanting it ASAP I'm more than happy to wait and make sure AP as the kinks worked out first.

#1290 1 year ago

Did the new code drop yet?

#1291 1 year ago

Wondering if you all can help me. Just got my Legends and when I turn the machine on, and at the end of every game I hear a loud buzz that sounds electrical in nature, like a switch or something being activated persistently for a few seconds coming from under the playfield but I can’t see anything moving in the play field. After listening a dozen times, it seems to be coming from the boat and I suspect it has to do with the lock releasing. Is anyone else having issues with this and is there a fix? I just don’t want anything getting burnt out too early. I have a video that captures the sound but I don’t think I can upload it here. Thanks for any help and your time.

#1292 1 year ago

I have this too. Isn't this to unlock all the balls?

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjt311:

Wondering if you all can help me. Just got my Legends and when I turn the machine on, and at the end of every game I hear a loud buzz that sounds electrical in nature, like a switch or something being activated persistently for a few seconds coming from under the playfield but I can’t see anything moving in the play field. After listening a dozen times, it seems to be coming from the boat and I suspect it has to do with the lock releasing. Is anyone else having issues with this and is there a fix? I just don’t want anything getting burnt out too early. I have a video that captures the sound but I don’t think I can upload it here. Thanks for any help and your time.

Quoted from May:

I have this too. Isn't this to unlock all the balls?

It is the ball release in the ship. This is intentional so no balls are locked at the start of a new game.

On a side note. Got some time to play more at my buddies place gliebig . I ended up in rampage that glitched and had unlimited hammers. Was a lot of fun until I decided to drain out.

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjt311:

Yes, it is the ship post. Yes, it is way too loud. Yes, it's "normal" on LOV. And yes, every time I hear it I think "Man...that just doesn't sound healthy."

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yes, it is the ship post. Yes, it is way too loud. Yes, it's "normal" on LOV. And yes, every time I hear it I think "Man...that just doesn't sound healthy."

Thanks for the information!

#1296 1 year ago

I received my LOV in late February and with less than 30 plays have experienced twice a ball ejecting out above the ball trough through a whole in the playfield underneath the apron. One ball stuck there and the other time the ball fell into my coin box. Any advice on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Pharmboy2003:

I received my LOV in late February and with less than 30 plays have experienced twice a ball ejecting out above the ball trough through a whole in the playfield underneath the apron. One ball stuck there and the other time the ball fell into my coin box. Any advice on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help

Bend the piece of metal to close the gap behind the trough. Might be part of the apron I forget.

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Pharmboy2003:

If the opposite end of the trough from the eject upkicker is open on LoV, the ball's likely bouncing backwards out the wrong end of the trough when it drains hot. Is your machine level left to right? What's your playfield pitch?

#1299 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies. The machine is level left to right and the pitch is between 7 and 8, I used my iPhone utilities and measures app and it doesn’t have tenths. When I had the playfield up I actually tried to put the ball back in at the end of trough thinking it was big enough and that is where it came from but the gap between trough and playfield was too small to fit. Is a ball just draining too hard and popping one up?

#1300 1 year ago

Happened to play this in a tournament late last year, having never heard of it prior to that. Wondering why it *still* has no entry at IPDB ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/26?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.