PXL_20230114_232013356~2.jpg
image (resized).jpeg
664A47F2-0E84-4D50-8E11-3DA0CB649624 (resized).jpeg
571665BF-4054-4B33-BE55-0729212982E7 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230106_004750407 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230106_002512293 (resized).jpg
220CB86C-FC52-4A0B-B323-7C396CD17718 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,225 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.
#1201 6 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Upon review, in the next software update, one of the items requested will be making the God of Thunder insert easier with the top rollovers. The other options will still be in effect (super skill shot awards G.O.T, mystery award - spot a task awards it if you have the previous tasks, combos fire Thors hammer still helps).
Currently 2 sets of top rollovers enable God of Thunder. This will be changed to 1 set of rollovers. After a bunch of testing ignoring the other ways of awarding God of Thunder I agree it would be difficult to complete 2 sets of rollovers to achieve this insert.
Hopefully this will help those struggling to get to Valhalla the means to get there!

Can’t say enough about you effort and dedication to this game luvthatapex2. Listen, updating, fixing… thanks so much! Makes me happy I was able to pick this game up last year

#1202 6 days ago

Once this is finished it will go to AP for approval. So hopefully soon.

Quoted from DJY2J:

Awesome! Any time frame as to when to expect the update? I've been helping some players out at the location with rules and the game is really starting to pick up steam in that pinball community.

#1203 6 days ago

Thank you. I really want everyone to enjoy this game as much as we do.

Quoted from RandomRetro:

Can’t say enough about you effort and dedication to this game luvthatapex2. Listen, updating, fixing… thanks so much! Makes me happy I was able to pick this game up last year

#1204 5 days ago

You get a champ, you get a champ, everybody gets a champ! 2 new champs coming soon.......

Rage_Champion (resized).jpgViking Raid Champ (resized).jpg
#1205 5 days ago

Man, I love this game. That is all.

#1206 4 days ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Man, I love this game. That is all.

that makes two of us. only had mine a week, but i don’t think this is just honeymoon love. i think it’s the real deal. i haven’t used the l-word with her yet out of fear of rejection. maybe after i break 60 mil to prove i’m serious.

#1207 4 days ago

Great to hear you're enjoying the game! Hint: If you want to get those big scores, play the battles and use the Valkyries and Thors Hammer! That'll get you there!!!

Quoted from lookyloo:

that makes two of us. only had mine a week, but i don’t think this is just honeymoon love. i think it’s the real deal. i haven’t used the l-word with her yet out of fear of rejection. maybe after i break 60 mil to prove i’m serious.

#1208 4 days ago

LOV is the most under rated newer game on the market IMHO .

Great theme, interesting layout, fun / non linear rules and possibly the best OEM soundtrack music in a pinball game.

Recently I made some small mechanical adjustments that dramatically improved the ability to make the outer two loops and the right most shot into the shooter lane. Those adjustments plus some side to side leveling really opened this gem up for me.

This is my go to game right now in my collection. Winning the battles is very satisfying and learning how to use Thor's hammer really helps getting thru them all.

Luvthatapex2's dedication to this thread and the game's development is second to none.

I am very surprised NIB Deluxe's are still available, but this is a love the Stern "hits" market.

#1209 2 days ago

Todays big score hint - Legend Battle - Hel.

This is one of my go to battles when I need a quick 15 or so million, but it requires some planning. Since it is a Tier 3 battle, you need 5 weapons.
You also need a Valkyrie (not the hammer, just a Valkyrie). Hel is a 6 shot battle.

1st shot Right Shooter Lane - use the Valkyrie
next shoot the Left Ramp (combo)
next shoot the Center Ramp (combo)
last Right Shooter Lane - just use the Valkyrie you just earned from your combos!

What just happened? Using your Valkyrie at the beginning of the battle awards the first shot (right shooter lane, very tough shot). The sequence of ramps above will earn you another Valkyrie. Last shot is the right shooter lane, so use your Valkyrie. This will earn you over 17,000,000! Of course if you flub the combos, all bets are off

Onward Viking!

#1210 2 days ago

Todays big score hint - Legend Battle - Hel.
This is one of my go to battles when I need a quick 15 or so million, but it requires some planning. Since it is a Tier 3 battle, you need 5 weapons.
You also need a Valkyrie (not the hammer, just a Valkyrie). Hel is a 6 shot battle.
1st shot Right Shooter Lane - use the Valkyrie
last Right Shooter Lane - just use the Valkyrie you just earned from your combos!
What just happened? Using your Valkyrie at the beginning of the battle awards the first shot (right shooter lane, very tough shot). The sequence of ramps above will earn you another Valkyrie. Last shot is the right shooter lane, so use your Valkyrie. This will earn you over 17,000,000! Of course if you flub the combos, all bets are off
Onward Viking!

Ha that's exactly what I do.

#1211 2 days ago

I was playing a killer game last night and tilted on ball 2. The third ball came up and auto ejected while I was grabbing a drink. Spilling my beer everywhere, I was able to get it under control before it drained. I thought this was fixed in the last code?

#1212 2 days ago

The autoplunge next ball after tilt is fixed in the next update. There were a few places I needed to modify.

Quoted from Scoot:

I was playing a killer game last night and tilted on ball 2. The third ball came up and auto ejected while I was grabbing a drink. Spilling my beer everywhere, I was able to get it under control before it drained. I thought this was fixed in the last code?

#1213 2 days ago

Of course if you flub the combos

I'll definitely give this a try, but...my combo from left ramp > center ramp only awards maybe 50% of the time because the combo times out a hair before the ball crosses the center ramp opto (as everyone already knows by now...haha, just hoping some day it will be awarding a good clean combo every time).

#1214 2 days ago
Quoted from skogen75:

I'll definitely give this a try, but...my combo from left ramp > center ramp only awards maybe 50% of the time because the combo times out a hair before the ball crosses the center ramp opto (as everyone already knows by now...haha, just hoping some day it will be awarding a good clean combo every time).

I think someone mentioned a similar troubleshooting step - you may want to try making that shot using your hand with the glass off during switch test. Like luvthatapex2 said, maybe it's clipping a switch somewhere and voiding the combo. There should be plenty of time to make that shot. You mentioned that waxing the playfield helped. While it may have gained you some split seconds, you really should have a solid whole second of leeway to make it (if my memory is correct). Also, try having some else watch you play or video it and post it here. Tonight I told my nephew about the ship ramp fix (removing some nuts from the ramp shield). He watched me make the shot from the left side and laughed. The ball -flies- through the air from the upper flipper, and then hits the ramp. No wonder I was having some issues!

#1215 2 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think someone mentioned a similar troubleshooting step - you may want to try making that shot using your hand with the glass off during switch test. Like luvthatapex2 said, maybe it's clipping a switch somewhere and voiding the combo. There should be plenty of time to make that shot. You mentioned that waxing the playfield helped. While it may have gained you some split seconds, you really should have a solid whole second of leeway to make it (if my memory is correct). Also, try having some else watch you play or video it and post it here. Tonight I told my nephew about the ship ramp fix (removing some nuts from the ramp shield). He watched me make the shot from the left side and laughed. The ball -flies- through the air from the upper flipper, and then hits the ramp. No wonder I was having some issues!

This is a good question...how long is the combo timer from left ramp > center ramp? When does it start (when the ball crosses the left ramp opto or when the left in lane switch is activated after the left ramp opto)? I'll try to see if I can get a timer video or something. The only switch near there is the war on land stand up left of the center ramp, but now that I'm thinking about it maybe I will double check the spinner isn't moving (definetly not hitting the stand up).

I did play 4 legends in row tonight (1 battle and 3 bonus battles)! Timed out on Fossengrimen (spelling?) with two shots left, 'the deep is calling you'.

#1216 2 days ago

Its not timed (well the white combo arrows are timed so they doesn't stay on for more than a couple of seconds), its the next sequential switch from the left return lane switch to the center ramp. Its left ramp > left return > center ramp. Any switch in between will break the sequence. Same with the center ramp > right return > left ramp. You can take 10 seconds to make the sequence and it will still be valid (though the light would have timed out).

There are resets in the sequence all over the place since there are so many combos. Slings, same switch hit twice, standups, the combo itself, basically anything not in a combo will reset for another sequence. See if starting your ramp combos at the center ramp is more successful for you (its a little more forgiving). (ball path is center ramp > right return > left ramp > left return > center ramp, etc.) You should be able to get 5 combos in a row and the anti-spam will kick in and force you to make another combo sequence before returning to spamming the ramps. Helpful when you need a quick Valkyrie. Of course expand your horizons and try the other 18 combos

Quoted from skogen75:

This is a good question...how long is the combo timer from left ramp > center ramp? When does it start (when the ball crosses the left ramp opto or when the left in lane switch is activated after the left ramp opto)? I'll try to see if I can get a timer video or something. The only switch near there is the war on land stand up left of the center ramp, but now that I'm thinking about it maybe I will double check the spinner isn't moving (definetly not hitting the stand up).
I did play 4 legends in row tonight (1 battle and 3 bonus battles)! Timed out on Fossengrimen (spelling?) with two shots left, 'the deep is calling you'.

#1217 2 days ago

Awesome. That feels so good to rip through 4 legends in a row and you qualified an extra ball after that too!

Quoted from skogen75:

#1218 2 days ago

Its not timed (well the white combo arrows are timed so they doesn't stay on for more than a couple of seconds)

Ahhh, okay, I get it. So, I must bet getting another switch hit some place. Would a double hit on the left in lane switch kill the combo? Wondering if I have a strange drop from the left ramp wireform return.

Also, did some testing tonight and I had it working so that I was being awarded a left ramp > center ramp combo, then hit the left ramp again on the fly and got another combo award. I didn't think that was supposed to happen. Thanks!

#1219 1 day ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

I've had it now for close to 6 months, loving it more the more I play it...Super addictive, fast and flowy, can't wait for another code update.

#1220 1 day ago

New code is coming very soon - testing/validation has begun.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I've had it now for close to 6 months, loving it more the more I play it...Super addictive, fast and flowy, can't wait for another code update.

#1221 1 day ago

New code is coming very soon - testing/validation has begun.

Saweeeet!!

#1222 1 day ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Wondering if I have a strange drop from the left ramp wireform return

More testing this evening. I have confirmed that I was getting a good deal of double hits on the left in-lane switch when the ball drops off the left ramp wire form. Looking at some slo-motion video, the ball bounces quite a bit when dropping from the wire form; in some cases the ball could fall onto the switch, activating it, then bounce up, then land back on the switch for a second hit. Messed around with adjusting the wire form and I *think* I have the combo killer culprit solved.

Thanks everyone for helping to identify this problem!

#1223 1 day ago

This is a favorite game in my house. My only ask for in a new code update is to be able to turn off the callouts before I launch the ball.
Whats the delay, etc...

#1224 1 day ago

If it doesn’t break anything I’ll add an option to turn off the reminder calls in service menu.

Quoted from Dwboca:

This is a favorite game in my house. My only ask for in a new code update is to be able to turn off the callouts before I launch the ball.
Whats the delay, etc...

#1225 1 day ago

If it doesn’t break anything I’ll add an option to turn off the reminder calls in service menu.

Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,950.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Pinball Machine
Dijohn
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Mill, SC
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
There are 1,225 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!