image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 37.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Excellent
Yes every 5 combos you get a Valkyrie ( helmet on the display Lower left).
Use the Valkyrie during battle (2nd right flipper) to take away the next shot.
Exception - dearg due is defeated by a Valkyrie, so that basically gives you completion, 5 million bonus and a random battle that starts right away.
Onward Viking!!!!

I would also add, keep in mind when you have both Valkyrie and Thor’s Hammer lite. So you use the one you are expecting you need to remember the firing priority.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/8#post-6905539

5. "If you have both Valkyrie and Thor's Hammer qualified, does pushing the action button choose one over the other?"
If you have both battle helpers, THors hammer fires first and destroys your enemy, you get the 5 million bonus and a bonus battle. IF you press the 2nd flipper button again, you wasted your Valkyrie and get something like 50k. Wait until you are in a battle to use your Valkyrie (takes the next logical shot away). This is huge help if you have a shot you can't make or its your last shot.

6. "Any strategies for best times to use Valkyries & Thor's Hammer?"
I refer to these as battle helpers. Use them in the 16 legend battles. Use Thors hammers in the tough battles you can't complete or strategically to complete a battle that is followed by a multiball battle. Best time to use a valkyrie is on a tough shot, or the last shot, or during the battle of Dearg Due as the Valkyrie defeats Dearg Due (like a smart bomb).

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I would also add, keep in mind when you have both Valkyrie and Thor’s Hammer lite. So you use the one you are expecting you need to remember the firing priority.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/8#post-6905539

I'm a but slow on learning rules so apologies in advance...I have this on location and I like to be able to explain goals to players who aren't familiar with the machine.

1. So combos give you a valkyrie which is used during a battle to achieve one of the lit shots. Are there other ways to earn a valkyrie?

2. What does the Thor's hammer do then? I think the spinner hits build up the percentage but I am not remembering what happens when you get it and how it is/should be used.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I'm a but slow on learning rules so apologies in advance...I have this on location and I like to be able to explain goals to players who aren't familiar with the machine.
1. So combos give you a valkyrie which is used during a battle to achieve one of the lit shots. Are there other ways to earn a valkyrie?
2. What does the Thor's hammer do then? I think the spinner hits build up the percentage but I am not remembering what happens when you get it and how it is/should be used.

You can get a valkeryie by the award from mystery award.
Thors hammer immediately wins a battle for you unless you are actually battling Thor.

#1154 1 year ago

Correct, but Thors hammer not only wins a battle for you, but also gives you a 5 million point bonus and a bonus battle to play that starts immediately.

The Valkyrie and Thors hammer are essential tools in getting further into the game and defeating tough Legends.
You can use a Valkyrie to take away the next hard shot, or wait until the last shot and fire it off for a battle completion/5 million bonus/bonus battle.
You can strategically use Thors hammer to defeat an enemy that is one legend ahead of a multiball legend so your bonus battle is a multiball.
(Bonus battles are the last battle in the first Tier that you haven't completed, so you can plan which bonus battle to get!)

Priority:
If you have both a Valkyrie and Thors Hammer, Thors Hammer will fire first, so remember that! You wouldn't want to battle Dearg Due with the hammer and Valkyrie since you'd be wasting the hammer to defeat this Legend where a Valkyrie would have done it.

Another example with both - you could select Banshee and immediately defeat her with the hammer, get the 5 million bonus and a bonus battle, which would be Draugar, a multiball and save the Valkyrie for Dearg Due which you could select after Draugar (or get as a bonus battle if you defeated him). Then you could defeat Dearg Due immediately with the Valkyrie and get Fossegrimen as your bonus battle. At the end of Fossegrimen, you would have battled 4 legends so you would have qualified an extra ball at the scoop!

Quoted from glpinball:

You can get a Valkyrie by the award from mystery award.
Thors hammer immediately wins a battle for you unless you are actually battling Thor.

#1155 1 year ago

Made it to Valhalla last night. Stuff all lined up. Got two weapons then drained. But I made it there.

#1156 1 year ago

Next rules question: Jotnar, trolls modes

Is there any way to make those shots worth more points. On Jotnar I find myself just spamming the left and middle ramps only for a couple hundred thousand points. Even if I am comboing them the payoff seems negligible. Is there a better strategy for these 2 mini modes.

#1157 1 year ago

Yes! Beginning with code 22-07-27 The war on land battles (Jotnar, Trolls, Dwarves) increase scoring each time you play them. After about 5 or 6 War on land battles the scoring is sizable. There is a fixed pattern of War on Land battles - Jotnar > Trolls > Dwarves, then the battles are random.
The other benefit to these battles is weapons can be collected and Valkyries can be summoned and Dwarves charges up your hammer so you get double benefit.

Quoted from DJY2J:

Next rules question: Jotnar, trolls modes
Is there any way to make those shots worth more points. On Jotnar I find myself just spamming the left and middle ramps only for a couple hundred points. Even if I am comboing them the payoff seems negligible. Is there a better strategy for these 2 mini modes.

#1158 1 year ago

Hey...love the code/strategy discussion. I'm looking to build up my combos as fast as possible and have a couple questions. I'm referring to the rule sheet as published on Tilt Forums where I'm seeing 11 combos and 9 unique combos. First question - do the unique combos also increase the combo count? Second question is this, does a 3 or 4-way combo add more than one combo to the combo counter? For instance the Asgard Combo (left ramp>center ramp>spinner>right ramp), am I just getting credit for one combo for this? One of the combos listed is Right Ramp>Center ramp, is the combo timer longer (it seems like hitting the right ramp will cause a big delay as the ball needs to be released by the ship, get tossed by the magnet, get under control, before hitting the center ramp)? Also, how is this one possible - Left Ramp>RightRamp>CenterRamp I guess one would need to feed the upper flipper without hitting any other switches? I also notice that no combo starts with the spinner, is something to this? Finally, I don't suppose if you chain together a left ramp>center ramp combo with the center ramp>left ramp combo you would get credit for 2 combos, is that right? In other words, an ending combo shot cannot start the next combo?

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Hey...love the code/strategy discussion. I'm looking to build up my combos as fast as possible and have a couple questions. I'm referring to the rule sheet as published on Tilt Forums where I'm seeing 11 combos and 9 unique combos.
First question - do the unique combos also increase the combo count? Second question is this, does a 3 or 4-way combo add more than one combo to the combo counter? For instance the Asgard Combo (left ramp>center ramp>spinner>right ramp), am I just getting credit for one combo for this?

All combos are awarded equally, but they add more points to the combo bonus as they approach 10 combos total. Combo jackpot is awarded after every 10 combos. I wanted to give challenge and variety, so pick your favorites. The 9 unique combos were added to match the 9 worlds of Norse Mythology.
I'll consider making a few of them worth 2 combos (especially the 4 way combos like Asgard and Alfheim)

Quoted from RikV:

One of the combos listed is Right Ramp>Center ramp, is the combo timer longer (it seems like hitting the right ramp will cause a big delay as the ball needs to be released by the ship, get tossed by the magnet, get under control, before hitting the center ramp)?

There is adequate time to make this combo.

Quoted from RikV:

Also, how is this one possible - Left Ramp>RightRamp>CenterRamp I guess one would need to feed the upper flipper without hitting any other switches?

Some of the combos are only possible during a multiball

Quoted from RikV:

I also notice that no combo starts with the spinner, is something to this?

Since the spinner is a rapid switch trigger I didn't want the spinner shot as the first part of the chain, but I use the spinner in some combos as the 2nd or 3rd shot. Good observation.

Quoted from RikV:

Finally, I don't suppose if you chain together a left ramp>center ramp combo with the center ramp>left ramp combo you would get credit for 2 combos, is that right? In other words, an ending combo shot cannot start the next combo?

No, one combo ends the chain. You have to start a new chain. In your example: Left Ramp > Center Ramp. that awards the combo and ends the chain. and the next shot is a new start to a new combo. You will figure out ways to get rapid combos by chaining them together (left ramp, center ramp (1), left ramp, center ramp (1), etc.

#1160 1 year ago

The 9 unique combos were added to match the 9 worlds of Norse Mythology

That is so cool!

As always, great information. Didn't previously catch that a combo jackpot was available at 10 combos, super cool and something to go for tonight!

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For those having side ramp rejects. Granted it’s not on location. Try removing 2 of the screws that hold the air ball guard. I forgot which 2 screws I removed when I owned the game, but doing so gave the protector some give on those fast shots and my rejects went from 35% to about 2%. It was a huge difference.
Miss this game. Hope I get to own it again in near future.

I had low expectations for this solution, but it seems like it worked like a charm! My clean shots go in 90% of the time now, which is a HUGE improvement. I still don't see any signs that it's hitting that guard, but clearly it is. Also, the recommendation for filming it in slow-mo was a good one...that I ignored this time around. I did some slow-mo recording earlier, but it was top-down and didn't see anything. If I had done the recording from the view behind the ball entering, I likely would have see the ball hitting that guard.

Thanks for the recommendation, and all the help from everyone.

#1162 1 year ago

Wow that's some good info, thanks

Quoted from arcyallen:

I had low expectations for this solution, but it seems like it worked like a charm! My clean shots go in 90% of the time now, which is a HUGE improvement. I still don't see any signs that it's hitting that guard, but clearly it is. Also, the recommendation for filming it in slow-mo was a good one...that I ignored this time around. I did some slow-mo recording earlier, but it was top-down and didn't see anything. If I had done the recording from the view behind the ball entering, I likely would have see the ball hitting that guard.

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Typically I’ll use washers to raise a ball guard, but the factory screws have very little room to work with which is why I just removed them altogether. Ideally, washers and longer screw is a more secure fix.

#1164 1 year ago

The Tibetan Breeze:ZEN kits are available for Legends of Valhalla flipper coil cooling now on pinmonk.com. I need to verify power connectors for the other AP machines (I think maybe Hot Wheels uses the same power box with multiple power supplies inside), and once I do, the kit will be confirmed to work for them as well.

#1165 1 year ago

Interesting. Do you have the testing graphs to show the fade over time? I didn’t see it for our game on your site. Nice hardware and packaging for sure.

Quoted from PinMonk:

The Tibetan Breeze:ZEN kits are available for Legends of Valhalla flipper coil cooling now on pinmonk.com. I need to verify power connectors for the other AP machines (I think maybe Hot Wheels uses the same power box with multiple power supplies inside), and once I do, the kit will be confirmed to work for them as well.

#1166 1 year ago

Interesting. Do you have the testing graphs to show the fade over time? I didn’t see it for our game on your site. Nice hardware and packaging for sure.

Unfortunately, I haven't had one in-house to do comprehensive tests on. This was developed with pinsiders testing out parts as I put together a version of the ZEN kit specifically for LoV. It's one of the machines I get the most requests for cooling on, so I knew something was up even without having hands on with it.

If you want to lend me a machine for a few months, I'll be happy to temp test it without/with cooling and send you the results. Then I'll be able to add a graph to the product page, too.

EDIT: Fixed the pictures on the product page so they show the brackets installed on an actual LoV.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately, I haven't had one in-house to do comprehensive tests on. This was developed with pinsiders testing out parts as I put together a version of the ZEN kit specifically for LoV. It's one of the machines I get the most requests for cooling on, so I knew something was up even without having hands on with it.
If you want to lend me a machine for a few months, I'll be happy to temp test it without/with cooling and send you the results. Then I'll be able to add a graph to the product page, too.
EDIT: Fixed the pictures on the product page so they show the brackets installed on an actual LoV.

Yeah that was me. I bought the cooling fans for GnR and they made a massive difference. So when I got LOV I noticed major coil fade after a while. I would say within 15 minutes it's noticeable and at the 30 minute mark or earlier you simply can't make certain shots any more. For example any back handing from the flippers is gone. Even making the center ramp from the left ramp is changed and much more difficult. And I noted the coils were super hot. You even get less slingshot outlane drains because those coils get hot. Which is ok from a player perspective haha. So anyway I bugged Pinmonk to make fans for LOV and working with him he made this solution and it makes a real difference. No numbers but it's easy to tell if you have longer games or multiple games. I can easily make the center ramp in a long game now with the cooling fans. Backhanding is not as easy as a completely fresh start but possible.
It's interesting because I don't have the issue on Stern games and Pinmonk has explained why in one thing I read that he published because they pulse the coils or something. I notice a little fade on Deadpool for example but it's not enough to significantly impact my play at least. GnR and LoV I would say it's almost required. So thank you Pinmonk. Fantastic mod which will help anyone a lot. Upper is not covered by the fans but it doesn't matter in this case. And screw those slingshots! Get it and enjoy. Simple install.

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Yeah that was me. I bought the cooling fans for GnR and they made a massive difference. So when I got LOV I noticed major coil fade after a while. I would say within 15 minutes it's noticeable and at the 30 minute mark or earlier you simply can't make certain shots any more. For example any back handing from the flippers is gone. Even making the center ramp from the left ramp is changed and much more difficult. And I noted the coils were super hot. You even get less slingshot outlane drains because those coils get hot. Which is ok from a player perspective haha. So anyway I bugged Pinmonk to make fans for LOV and working with him he made this solution and it makes a real difference. No numbers but it's easy to tell if you have longer games or multiple games. I can easily make the center ramp in a long game now with the cooling fans. Backhanding is not as easy as a completely fresh start but possible.
It's interesting because I don't have the issue on Stern games and Pinmonk has explained why in one thing I read that he published because they pulse the coils or something. I notice a little fade on Deadpool for example but it's not enough to significantly impact my play at least. GnR and LoV I would say it's almost required. So thank you Pinmonk. Fantastic mod which will help anyone a lot. Upper is not covered by the fans but it doesn't matter in this case. And screw those slingshots! Get it and enjoy. Simple install.

I have 2 and 3 flipper ZEN kits in the store for Valhalla, so people can decide their level of active cooling coverage.

The reason you see it less on Sterns is the Spike2 hardware can drive the flipper power duty cycle the microsecond level, and literally EVERYONE else (JJP, Spooky, Multimorphic, CGC, American) are limited to 1 millisecond as their duty cycle minimum. In hold that makes a huge difference - a Spike2 will gain no heat or only 1-2 degrees no matter how long you hold it because of that hyper-rapid pulsing, whereas everyone else will continue to heat up gaining tens of degrees in hold over time. I've been waiting for SOMEONE ELSE in pinball to notice and copy what Stern's done, but so far no one has to my knowledge, so that's why you see the big coil temps on P3ROC-based machines and JJP, among others. Spike2 can get HOT and fade, but not to the level of some non Spike2 machines.

#1169 1 year ago

Yep, I've already noticed flipper coils get hot fast. I've got a bunch of other things to address on my game first, but coil cooling is on the list.

#1170 1 year ago

Is there a list of combos and there names,I am always hearing vanahime combo !

#1171 1 year ago

There is a list, here you go! Note: some of these are only possible in multiball.
All combos add points, add to combo jackpot, and add to COMBOS TASK qualifier.

Standard combos:
--------------------
Left loop>Center ramp
Left Ramp>Center ramp
Right Ramp>Center ramp
Left Ramp>RightRamp>CenterRamp
Left loop>Left ramp
Right ramp>Left ramp
Center ramp>Left ramp
Right ramp>Left orbit
Left Ramp>Right orbit
Left Ramp>RightRamp
Left loop>Right ramp

The 9 viking world combos:
------------------------------
Jotunheim: Left Ramp>Center ramp>Spinner
Nidavellir : Left Loop>Spinner
Muspelheim: Left Loop>Spinner>upper right orbit
Midgard: Left Loop>Spinner>right ramp
Svartalfheim: Right loop>upper right orbit
Vanaheim: Right Loop>Right ramp
Niflheim: Right Loop to left orbit to right shooter
Alfheim: Left Ramp>Center ramp>Spinner>upper right orbit (next software build this gives 2x value)
Asgard: Left Ramp>Center ramp>Spinner>right ramp - Asgard Combo (next software build this gives 3x value)

Quoted from rockrand:

Is there a list of combos and there names,I am always hearing vanahime combo !

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For those having side ramp rejects. Granted it’s not on location. Try removing 2 of the screws that hold the air ball guard. I forgot which 2 screws I removed when I owned the game, but doing so gave the protector some give on those fast shots and my rejects went from 35% to about 2%. It was a huge difference.

Miss this game. Hope I get to own it again in near future.

Quoted from arcyallen:

Any update which screws were removed to help this? I am getting way too many rejects up that ramp and open to any solution that might help cause it's getting frustrating. Tried tweaking flipper alignments, power on flippers and everything else I could think of so far.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Any update which screws were removed to help this? I am getting way too many rejects up that ramp and open to any solution that might help cause it's getting frustrating. Tried tweaking flipper alignments, power on flippers and everything else I could think of so far.

I didn't need to do it but I would try removing the middle screws and test it. Would only take a couple minutes.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Night and day difference. I hope it helps dramatically for you too!

PXL_20230114_232013356~2.jpgPXL_20230114_232013356~2.jpg
#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

So I did that and I will say without question it helps, I'd say reduced my rejects by 75% from the handful of games I played, so I'll take it!
Now next question, anyone get those right side shots rejecting back when you hot it into the shooter lane. It'll go through and bounce right back. Doesn't happen all the time but wondering if anyone found any tweaks to improve the consistency of that shot? I tried thin layer of felt strip in the shooter lane hoping it would absorb some of the power but didn't really seem to help.

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

[quoted image]

Today the wife and I removed the entire plastic guard and added 1/8" rubber spacers and slightly longer screws. Huge difference.

Also removed the post for the left loop. Makes the game so much more playable.

#1177 1 year ago

I removed those two screws over the ship ramp today and the shot is now smooth and makeable. What a huge difference.

Now if something could be done about the other two unmakeable shots (removing the post rubber didn't help the left loop, and I have no idea what to do about the shot to the shooter lane), this game would actually be enjoyable.

#1178 1 year ago

Does anyone else regularly have the ball get stuck in this spot on a weak shot to the center ramp? As far as I can tell, it's like the passage is slightly too narrow and it holds the ball pretty well. No amount of shaking gets it loose and there's some resistance when pulling it out by hand.

It's also pretty disappointing for a modern game to not pause mode timers when in ball search and to not send a chase ball after a few failed ones.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

I removed those two screws over the ship ramp today and the shot is now smooth and makeable. What a huge difference.
Now if something could be done about the other two unmakeable shots (removing the post rubber didn't help the left loop, and I have no idea what to do about the shot to the shooter lane), this game would actually be enjoyable.

I agree that the left loop is a difficult shot to make at times. Now, the shooter lane shot is near the end of the flipper, you just have to practice a bit more and find it. Most of the other league players at my location can hit the shooter lane, though everyone has trouble with the left loop. Game is stock with everything at factory settings.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

Does anyone else regularly have the ball get stuck in this spot on a weak shot to the center ramp? As far as I can tell, it's like the passage is slightly too narrow and it holds the ball pretty well. No amount of shaking gets it loose and there's some resistance when pulling it out by hand.

I never saw that before. The metal is too narrow, it needs to be widened slightly. There should be plenty of clearance for the ball to slide past. Perhaps with your fingers grab both ends and pull outward.

Quoted from Eug:

It's also pretty disappointing for a modern game to not pause mode timers when in ball search and to not send a chase ball after a few failed ones.

I don't pause timers during ball search but chase ball will be delivered quicker in the next software update.

#1181 1 year ago

Removing the post rubber is not recommended as hitting the bare post will cause the post to bend and damage the playfield. If you want to widen the left loop shot, just remove the post.

Quoted from Eug:

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

It's also pretty disappointing for a modern game to not pause mode timers when in ball search and to not send a chase ball after a few failed ones.[quoted image]

Never seen or had a ball get stuck there myself.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I agree that the left loop is a difficult shot to make at times. Now, the shooter lane shot is near the end of the flipper, you just have to practice a bit more and find it. Most of the other league players at my location can hit the shooter lane, though everyone has trouble with the left loop. Game is stock with everything at factory settings.

I guarantee that the shooter lane issue on my machine isn't based on a lack of practice. Flip too early and it hits the top ball guide and bounces down. Flip a little bit later and it hits the bottom and bounces up. Literally the only way the ball ever makes it in there is occasionally on a slow bounce off of the left slingshot.

#1184 1 year ago

I don't pause timers during ball search but chase ball will be delivered quicker in the next software update.

Ah, I guess I didn't wait long enough. How long (or how many ball searches) does it currently take for a chase ball to appear?

As for not pausing the timers during ball search... It seems reasonable to not punish the player for machine issues.

#1185 1 year ago

Currently its 3 ball searches which amounts to 60 seconds. Way too long, so it's much shorter in the next update (20 or 30 seconds, I forget).
Not sure I agree with the pausing of timers during ball search, but I'll think about it.

Quoted from Eug:

Ah, I guess I didn't wait long enough. How long (or how many ball searches) does it currently take for a chase ball to appear?
As for not pausing the timers during ball search... It seems reasonable to not punish the player for machine issues.

#1186 1 year ago

I took a couple screws off the ramp cover and made a lot more side ramp shots.

#1187 1 year ago

Quick question...is there a condition in the game progression that will flash the flasher above Thor's hammer whenever the flipper buttons are pushed?

Also, still having some issue with the left ramp>center ramp combo counting (clean combo), half the time it just won't count. Wonder where I should start looking for the problem? I've done the glass off smack the playfield to look for switch hits but am not seeIng any.

...such a great game.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

I guarantee that the shooter lane issue on my machine isn't based on a lack of practice. Flip too early and it hits the top ball guide and bounces down. Flip a little bit later and it hits the bottom and bounces up. Literally the only way the ball ever makes it in there is occasionally on a slow bounce off of the left slingshot.

It must be something with the machine setup then, maybe the flipper bat isn't resting where it should be, or something to do with the power? If you could post a picture of that lower part of the playfield maybe we can see if something looks out of place.

#1189 1 year ago

The flasher above the hammer will flash intermittently when the hammer is fully charged to notify the player it’s ready to fire.

Go into switch test and check left ramp, left return and center ramp switches. All 3 are in the path of that combo.

Quoted from RikV:

Quick question...is there a condition in the game progression that will flash the flasher above Thor's hammer whenever the flipper buttons are pushed?
Also, still having some issue with the left ramp>center ramp combo counting (clean combo), half the time it just won't count. Wonder where I should start looking for the problem? I've done the glass off smack the playfield to look for switch hits but am not seeIng any.
...such a great game.

#1190 1 year ago

The flasher above the hammer will flash intermittently when the hammer is fully charged to notify the player it’s ready to fire.
Go into switch test and check left ramp, left return and center ramp switches. All 3 are in the path of that combo.

Will double check those three switches. I'm starting to suspect intermittent center ramp opto. There was a battle I was playing last night that had a center ramp shot a little way into the battle progression that either wasn't registering or required multiple center ramp shots in a row (wasn't a tier I battle), is there a battle that requires multiple center ramp shots in a row like that (wish I could remember what battle it was)?

With regard to the flasher, yea, I suspected it would flash when the hammer was charged, but didn't expect to get flashed every time I hit the flipper buttons with it being charged . Is that the intended behavior or is there something not right? It's a pretty bright light and didn't love that it would flash me during regular game play; I love the lightening effect at bonus count and flashing when using the hammer is certainly cool, but feel it is distracting otherwise. Thoughts?

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Will double check those three switches. I'm starting to suspect intermittent center ramp opto. There was a battle I was playing last night that had a center ramp shot a little way into the battle progression that either wasn't registering or required multiple center ramp shots in a row (wasn't a tier I battle), is there a battle that requires multiple center ramp shots in a row like that (wish I could remember what battle it was)?

Half of the battles use the center ramp shot, you have be more specific Do you remember the GI color? (red, yellow, blue, etc?)
There is only 1 battle that requires multiple center ramp shots - Dullahan (GI color is medium pink) and that is intended (you are trying to get away from the Dullahan as you hit the center ramp shot).

Quoted from RikV:

With regard to the flasher, yea, I suspected it would flash when the hammer was charged, but didn't expect to get flashed every time I hit the flipper buttons with it being charged . Is that the intended behavior or is there something not right? It's a pretty bright light and didn't love that it would flash me during regular game play; I love the lightening effect at bonus count and flashing when using the hammer is certainly cool, but feel it is distracting otherwise. Thoughts?

The flasher above the charged hammer is intended to nag you as its the most powerful weapon in your battle bag!

#1192 1 year ago

There is only 1 battle that requires multiple center ramp shots - Dullahan

Yep, that sounds right; it was probably Dullahan. I'll have to do some more combo diagnosis tonight, will report back.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Yep, that sounds right; it was probably Dullahan. I'll have to do some more combo diagnosis tonight, will report back.

Reporting back, all switches are working correctly. I'm going to revert to my original theory that my game plays slightly slower than some others and the combo times out a fraction of a second before the ball breaks the center ramp opto. The left ramp to center ramp combo is hit clean and on the fly and registers maybe half the time. Having an option to increase the timer by a couple tenths of a second would solve the issue. The game shoots great otherwise, really enjoying it.

#1194 1 year ago

Anyone interested in leaving this club around the St. Louis area. Looking to work a trade deal on a GNR LE.

#1195 1 year ago

Since I bought LOV I've had a problem with the ship up post sticking. I have the right up post. I have the right washer. The pitch is at 7 degrees. When removed, the coil and post move totally 100% smoothly. But when I mount it, it often sticks.
-I've tried loosening the bracket screws and making slight adjustments, no luck.
-I've tried installing a small plastic spacer/washer between different parts of the bracket and the playfield (see pic for example), no luck.
-The post is not binding on the ship.
-Everything points to the post rubbing on the thick white plastic sleave mounted through the playfield. If I look at it closely and feel around the inside, it's not perfectly smooth (see pic). Is this the possible culprit? If you look at the video, it -appears- to be perfectly centered and not touching much if at all.
-Is it possible the coil mounting bracket is slightly bent and not letting the post slide perfectly straight through the thick plastic sleeve? I've had it apart a dozen times now, and no fix is working for more than a few dozen games.

I've attached some media for troubleshooting.

The irony of fixing my ship ramp shot is now I'm actually using the ship lock more often and seeing it stick more.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PCYiD4LilSAKf9XYTCa36QLMLb3Ut_J8/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O3oLSZeZ7kNvnjSvEiN8A9eiA3AEshY3/view?usp=sharing

PXL_20230120_023814562.jpgPXL_20230120_023814562.jpgPXL_20230120_022936113.jpgPXL_20230120_022936113.jpgPXL_20230120_023414469.jpgPXL_20230120_023414469.jpgPXL_20230120_022732626.jpgPXL_20230120_022732626.jpgPXL_20230120_022740793.jpgPXL_20230120_022740793.jpgPXL_20230120_022750105.jpgPXL_20230120_022750105.jpg
#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Since I bought LOV I've had a problem with the ship up post sticking. I have the right up post. I have the right washer. The pitch is at 7 degrees. When removed, the coil and post move totally 100% smoothly. But when I mount it, it often sticks.
-I've tried loosening the bracket screws and making slight adjustments, no luck.
-I've tried installing a small plastic spacer/washer between different parts of the bracket and the playfield (see pic for example), no luck.
-The post is not binding on the ship.
-Everything points to the post rubbing on the thick white plastic sleave mounted through the playfield. If I look at it closely and feel around the inside, it's not perfectly smooth (see pic). Is this the possible culprit? If you look at the video, it -appears- to be perfectly centered and not touching much if at all.
-Is it possible the coil mounting bracket is slightly bent and not letting the post slide perfectly straight through the thick plastic sleeve? I've had it apart a dozen times now, and no fix is working for more than a few dozen games.
I've attached some media for troubleshooting.
The irony of fixing my ship ramp shot is now I'm actually using the ship lock more often and seeing it stick more.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PCYiD4LilSAKf9XYTCa36QLMLb3Ut_J8/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O3oLSZeZ7kNvnjSvEiN8A9eiA3AEshY3/view?usp=sharing[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you slowly manually move the post through the hole by pressing on the other end where it comes out the coil housing, do you feel any resistance?

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you slowly manually move the post through the hole by pressing on the other end where it comes out the coil housing, do you feel any resistance?

I think I figured it out. While I was manipulating it trying to figure out what you were asking (the only way I know to move that post is by pushing on the plastic tip from above the playfield, or pulling it down via the washers near the spring), I realized if I pushed the post all the way down and THEN tried bending the bracket a little bit, it actually bent a tiny bit. Before, I think the post was restricting the movement necessary. It appears to be 100% now. Of course, it's been 100% a dozen times now. Hopefully the bending took care of it! And PinMonk, feel free to tell me your thoughts on your troubleshooting - I'm always happy to hear ideas even if they (hopefully) don't apply to my problem anymore.

So to summarize: it seems like the mounting bracket was bent just enough to make it out of line with the thick white plastic sleave mounted through the playfield.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think I figured it out. While I was manipulating it trying to figure out what you were asking (the only way I know to move that post is by pushing on the plastic tip from above the playfield, or pulling it down via the washers near the spring), I realized if I pushed the post all the way down and THEN tried bending the bracket a little bit, it actually bent a tiny bit. Before, I think the post was restricting the movement necessary. It appears to be 100% now. Of course, it's been 100% a dozen times now. Hopefully the bending took care of it! And PinMonk, feel free to tell me your thoughts on your troubleshooting - I'm always happy to hear ideas even if they (hopefully) don't apply to my problem anymore.
So to summarize: it seems like the mounting bracket was bent just enough to make it out of line with the thick white plastic sleave mounted through the playfield.

That's what I was getting at. You got it. If the bracket metal's too soft and it bends again, you can probably adapt a small metal "L" corner brace to keep it from bending over time. But only if it loses its alignment again.

Play on!

#1199 1 year ago

Upon review, in the next software update, one of the items requested will be making the God of Thunder insert easier with the top rollovers. The other options will still be in effect (super skill shot awards G.O.T, mystery award - spot a task awards it if you have the previous tasks, combos fire Thors hammer still helps).

Currently 2 sets of top rollovers enable God of Thunder. This will be changed to 1 set of rollovers. After a bunch of testing ignoring the other ways of awarding God of Thunder I agree it would be difficult to complete 2 sets of rollovers to achieve this insert.

Hopefully this will help those struggling to get to Valhalla the means to get there!

#1200 1 year ago

Upon review, in the next software update, one of the items requested will be making the God of Thunder insert easier with the top rollovers. The other options will still be in effect (super skill shot awards G.O.T, mystery award - spot a task awards it if you have the previous tasks, combos fire Thors hammer still helps).
Currently 2 sets of top rollovers enable God of Thunder. This will be changed to 1 set of rollovers. After a bunch of testing ignoring the other ways of awarding God of Thunder I agree it would be difficult to complete 2 sets of rollovers to achieve this insert.
Hopefully this will help those struggling to get to Valhalla the means to get there!

Awesome! Any time frame as to when to expect the update? I've been helping some players out at the location with rules and the game is really starting to pick up steam in that pinball community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 1,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.