image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 37.
#1051 1 year ago

Try with a ball. Sometimes the results are different due to factors (vibration, etc) not present with a finger.

#1052 1 year ago

ok, then the issue is the ship post. Its binding. That can be the spring got out of alignment and hopped over the washer. Should be an easy fix. Support has a larger washer to send you if you request it. Nothing special about the washer, just a little larger, so if you have one around you can install it. I think Dave did a video about the ship post. I'll see if I can find it.

Quoted from dharv:

All opto switches in the ship check out with the manual test. I tried doing the virtual lock and the ball still gets stuck. Appreciate the guidance.

#1053 1 year ago

Here is the ship post video in case your post is binding/spring got out of alignment.

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

All opto switches in the ship check out with the manual test. I tried doing the virtual lock and the ball still gets stuck. Appreciate the guidance.

Dunno how many games you have into it but after around 700 on mine I was having issues and cleaning the ship optos fixed my problem.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

Anyone seen this?
When launching the ball into the ship it will get stuck in there. Within a few seconds will say "missing ball dropping post". If you turn the machine off and on again the ball will be released. If you just wait long enough a 2nd ball will be placed on the shooter lane and you can start again.
Used to happen occasionally now it happens all the time.

Another problem can be the ship post being a little low so the ball whips into the ship, hits the post and climbs up it a bit. The opto can't tell it's there, so it sits. I have a similar problem with my DP. If you take the cover off, and try rolling the ball gently and then firmly into the ship you may find you can see the problem occurring.

#1056 1 year ago

AT 1:05 or so in the video is the key that fixed my issue. The post needs to be fully up and stretching the spring did it for my game.

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok, so for about a month I have been trying to get to Ragnarok with extra balls = 1. I can do it with 2 extra balls, but never with 0 or 1 extra ball - until today.
I was curious what others were using as their strategy but this one worked today.
Certain battles played in certain orders help you on this journey along with using everything you have in your arsenal (hammer, valkyries, extra ball and strategically using the sea multiball stacks and mini wizard mode Viking Raid). Again my personal challenge was getting to Ragnarok by using a max of 1 extra ball. I'm not the best player nor the worse so I figured if I can do, you can too. Of course if you complete all battles you will really get a jacked up score (even higher with the next code release) but I was more concerned with just getting there than maxing my score.
16 battles is a ton of battles to get through and you can't time them out so you just gotta play. Player starts with 1 weapon so it helps to get more weapons immediately or start playing battles. I have found you need to concentrate on the battles and nothing else or you'll never get to Ragnarok. Kind of like Walking dead and Last man Standing. Forget about Valhalla for the moment, we'll do this later.
I chose to go for battles right away. I took them in this order in case you are curious - this is the first 6 I played:
Draugar, Fossegrimen, Banshee, Leanan Sidhe, Jormungandr, Dearg Due.
Then I took them in sequential order from that point on.
Draugar I chose first because he is a multiball, so while I was battling him, I was more concerned
with spinning up the hammer and getting weapons. I got 2 more weapons and hammer to 85%.
I locked 2 balls in the ship to get war at sea ready for this one or the next battle.
I failed Draugar down to single ball play.
Next I chose Fossegrimen and let sea multiball assist by locking the 3rd ball in the ship.
I beat Fossegrimen and got a bonus battle when down to 1 ball in play.
Banshee kicked in and I killed her with the hammer.
Next I got Leanan Sidhe as bonus battle and killed her (since she was only 4 shots).
I got Jormungandr as bonus battle and failed him, but got some more weapons and a 90% hammer.
I locked a few more balls in the ship too for the next sea multiball and grabbed a Valkyrie with some ramp combos.
I hit the scoop for the next battle, got extra ball (4 battles played) and started Dearg Due. I took a few shots and killed her with the Valkyrie.
I got a bonus battle and started Dullahan and killed him with the hammer at 100%.
I wasted a Viking multiball but still managed to spin up the hammer to 50% and get more weapons.
Still on ball #1 I hit the scoop for the next battle and played Kraken. This is a harder mode with just 5 shots.
I used a Valkyrie for the left loop shot and the hammer to finish him off.
This started Grendel as a bonus battle. Grendel is a 4 ball multiball so I immediately hit the locks to
lock balls in the ship. I knew Hel was the next battle to play so I wanted to focus on getting another
Valkyrie in the arsenals to use on her. I spent most of the mode on the shots (spinner, locks, standups) but failed.
Next I hit the scoop and started Hel. First shot is a killer (right shooter lane shot) so I used a Valkyrie.
I proceeded through the ramp shots and had the same shooter lane shot to finish her off.
I decided to hit a few more ramps and in time got another Valkyrie and used it for the last shot.
Fenrir started as a bonus battle. I hit enough standups to light most of the shots and completed him.
Gwyllgi started as a bonus battle and I always lose on this one so I just focused on the hammer.
I spun it up to 100 and killed Gwyllgi, starting Thor as a bonus battle.
I was able to kill Thor by hitting the 6 white shots and started Tyr as a bonus battle. I failed Tyr
but immediately started Loki with a shooter lane shot. I made it to the last shot on Loki and failed.
One more battle to go. My heart was beating double fast as I shot for the scoop and missed.
I started my extra ball and hit the scoop for Balder. I completed Balder and had Viking Raid or Ragnarok to start
both lit. I decided to go for Viking Raid and played a couple rounds of that 6 ball mini wizard mode.
I drained down to one ball and hit the scoop for RAGNAROK. I completed 5 battles along the way and the next code release will have a 5 million pt bonus for each completed battle before you start Ragnarok (16,750,000 for each completed battle with battle timers disabled). Awarding my 25 million Ragnarok began.
This lasted about 10 minutes as I hit shot after shot and used the berzerker target for the tough god of thunder rollover helpers.
I drained with a Ragnarok score of over 260 million to add to my score.
Finally started ball #2 and to my chagrin it was a house ball and drained right away.
Last ball and I went for Valhalla. I had 7 tasks done, just needed to get War on Land.
I started escape the kraken and got 22million points. I hit 2 of the war on land targets and whiffed on the last target with a SDTM.
so close to getting Valhalla too! UGH! Maybe next time.
Final score = 486,587,690
Game time = 38 minutes.

Damn, that's impressive.

I have over 100 plays on my LOV, and only 1 game above 100mil....Time to get serious about strategy here, and start kickin some ass...I'll post back

#1058 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for the troubleshooting tips and tricks. I'll work on those in the next day or two. Craziness of the holidays and family stuff. As always the forum is great.

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Damn, that's impressive.
I have over 100 plays on my LOV, and only 1 game above 100mil....Time to get serious about strategy here, and start kickin some ass...I'll post back

So scoring on this game has made me nearly insane or more insane than before I guess. My highest score is 91M and I got that on the first day just hitting the ball around and not knowing what I'm doing. Have had lots of games in the 80M point range and those mostly come from getting the ship multiball while attempting to conquer the legends.

Love the tips of getting to the 4th legend so you get the multiball but haven't seen that change my scoring much.

Struggle so much hitting that left lane it is sad. All the other shots are okay. This game is far more challenging than my previous pins of TAF and ECLE. Kept the TAF but sold the ECLE as I was tired of all the maintenance on that damn thing.

Any scoring tips are more than welcome.

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

So scoring on this game has made me nearly insane or more insane than before I guess. My highest score is 91M and I got that on the first day just hitting the ball around and not knowing what I'm doing. Have had lots of games in the 80M point range and those mostly come from getting the ship multiball while attempting to conquer the legends.
Love the tips of getting to the 4th legend so you get the multiball but haven't seen that change my scoring much.
Struggle so much hitting that left lane it is sad. All the other shots are okay. This game is far more challenging than my previous pins of TAF and ECLE. Kept the TAF but sold the ECLE as I was tired of all the maintenance on that damn thing.

On the left lane, I removed the plastic piece above it. That way could see the lane much better. That helped my success. I have also found softer shots with less velocity seem to travel around the loop better than real hard shots.

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

You don't really need to hit the left orbit that much I wouldn't focus on that.
Build up the hammer and combos and use the hammer to win tough fights quickly and the Valk to get that tough shot in battles like the left orbit.
Start ship multiballs to help with battles and just for points.
There are a ton of things going on and you will just need to keep playing to get a feel for it. Even the little things like switching the R A I D inlanes when a ball rolls through so you build that up. Hitting weapon shots to unlock the battles and so on.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

I removed the post on the left orbit. Helped a bit.

#1063 1 year ago

That’s good advice!

Quoted from glpinball:

You don't really need to hit the left orbit that much I wouldn't focus on that.
Build up the hammer and combos and use the hammer to win tough fights quickly and the Valk to get that tough shot in battles like the left orbit.
Start ship multiballs to help with battles and just for points.
There are a ton of things going on and you will just need to keep playing to get a feel for it. Even the little things like switching the R A I D inlanes when a ball rolls through so you build that up. Hitting weapon shots to unlock the battles and so on.

#1064 1 year ago

FYI, the manual says to set this at 6.5 degrees, I feel that's the perfect incline to play at

Someone posted 7 on here, I think that's too steep to consistently lock the balls in the ship clean.

I actually have mine at 6.4 and it plays perfectly I think...Love this game

#1065 1 year ago

PS -- Can we get Steve to do a solo live stream of this game?? I feel like I am still struggling with some of the strategy tied to the use of the hammer, and selecting the modes, would love to see a live stream of him blowing the game up with better audio than the two that are out from this past year.

#1066 1 year ago

The hammer .... hehehe.
A very nice piece of pinball where I absolutely not know what it is for.
A skillshot in the lighted lane and the hammer gets down. But the magnet is doing nothing.
In around 100 games i had one (!) time the hammer got down and the magnet caught the ball.

I have no idea when the ball should be hold by the magnet ...

#1067 1 year ago

Thor's Hammer is used to defeat 15 of the 16 legends. Thor is the only legend you can't defeat with the hammer. It's like a smart bomb.
You charge up Thor's hammer with 100 spins of the spinner (50 spins the first time). Progress is carried over ball to ball (and player). Using Thor's hammer to defeat the legend, awards the player with a 5 million point bonus and a bonus battle to play. Simply press the 2nd right flipper button when the hammer icon is on the display.

The hammer is also used:
- hands free skill shot at ball start (awards a weapon)
- automatically during the final shot of Grendel and Jormungandr battles and Ragnarok. Magnet grabs the ball and drops it through the center top lane.
- any other time during the game to award points of various amounts
- when all 3 shiplock targets are hit enabling ship locks
- as a mystery award
- If ['Features']['Combos Fire Thors Hammer'] is enabled, every 5 combos the magnet/hammer will fire.

Anytime the hammer goes off, the magnet will grab a ball if its under the hammer.

Here is the rules sheet if you want to have a peek.
http://tiltforums.com/t/legends-of-valhalla-rulesheet/7449

Quoted from TomDK:

The hammer .... hehehe.
A very nice piece of pinball where I absolutely not know what it is for.
A skillshot in the lighted lane and the hammer gets down. But the magnet is doing nothing.
In around 100 games i had one (!) time the hammer got down and the magnet caught the ball.
I have no idea when the ball should be hold by the magnet ...

#1068 1 year ago

Steve did several live streams of the game this year and this one is isn't a solo stream but he does blow up the game and explains everything as he is playing with Dave, Max and Mark. This is earlier code so it's missing a ton of changes in the May and July software updates but I think it will help.

I also explained Thors hammer use in another post today. Cheers all!

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

PS -- Can we get Steve to do a solo live stream of this game?? I feel like I am still struggling with some of the strategy tied to the use of the hammer, and selecting the modes, would love to see a live stream of him blowing the game up with better audio than the two that are out from this past year.

#1069 1 year ago

I also explained Thors hammer use in another post today. Cheers all!

Thank you .. but in it all: The hammer has some action, but the magnet is nearly not used ... expect my coincidence the ball is right in this moment over the magnet.

#1070 1 year ago

Hammer of the gods seems to be the task? Eluding me. If I don't get it on the skill shot, I find it almost impossible to get the ball up to the rollovers and light all 3 lanes. I've almost gotten to Valhalla multiple times.

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Hammer of the gods seems to be the task? Eluding me. If I don't get it on the skill shot, I find it almost impossible to get the ball up to the rollovers and light all 3 lanes. I've almost gotten to Valhalla multiple times.

Yeah. If I don't get it on the skill shot, I'm doomed for reaching Valhalla. I really wish that rollover magnet was flipper button activated like OKT. Is that possible to code into the game?
I've never come close to completing those rollovers.

#1072 1 year ago

God of Thunder is the task. Yes, it is enabled with a superskill shot (to the ship off new ball plunge) or by making the top rollovers twice.

For those that like the challenge, you can make the top rollovers by working with the hammer (every 5 combos hammer fires and as it does hit the right or left loop and align your center arrow rollover, magnet will grab the ball and drop it down the center lane. Then do it 2 more times. You'll also get a Valkyrie each 5 combos.

Once you get to Valhalla a few times, you'll save this task for last since it makes it very difficult to get to Ragnarok if you play Valhalla! Personally I am still trying to get to Ragnarok and Valhalla in a single game. I have achieved both, but never in a single game

Quoted from Dwboca:

#1073 1 year ago

God of Thunder is the task. Yes, it is enabled with a superskill shot (to the ship off new ball plunge) or by making the top rollovers twice.

What do you mean twice?
You have to light all 3 lanes 2x?
Thats damn near impossible. I can,t light them once, nonetheless 2x.

So far this area of the game is the most frustrating. Being repeated by all who've played the game many times.

#1074 1 year ago

Yes, if you don't get God of Thunder by super skill shot you have to make the top rollovers twice.
One full set of top rollovers = 2x bonus, two full set of top rollovers = 3x bonus. God of Thunder is lit at 3x. Short plunges and light shots to the loops or using the hammer/combos to line up the arrows also help.

The God of Thunder requirement is frustrating you? How can I help? Most people tell me the requirements for Valhalla are fair.

Quoted from Dwboca:

What do you mean twice?
You have to light all 3 lanes 2x?
Thats damn near impossible. I can,t light them once, nonetheless 2x.
So far this area of the game is the most frustrating. Being repeated by all who've played the game many times.

#1075 1 year ago

I would love to see that magnet be controllable like they are on OKT. It's such a great feature.
I agree, completing those rollovers is a near impossible task.

#1076 1 year ago

Allow the magnet to be used for something other than Thor’s hammer. Maybe certain modes if lit for an orbit shot, will also use the magnet.

#1077 1 year ago

The God of Thunder requirement is frustrating you? How can I help? Most people tell me the requirements for Valhalla are fair.

This is the only task/requirement that has stymied me getting to Valhalla. The game plays itself and lends to aid in the other tasks. There should be one in the group that the most difficult. This one is mine.

So in my observations, soft plunging for the initial skill shot is tough. In my game there is no sweet spot for this shot. We have changed the plunger tip to a brighter color so we can see it and have made it a very small percentage of the times. It either goes past or gets to just before the rollovers and hits an invisible wall and returns down the right orbit.

I'll take into consideration using the combo hammer shots to the orbits. That is if I can make that shot accordingly.

LoV is unique in my experience where the shot to the rollovers don't have gates on either side and there is no way once you get the ball up there to stop at the rollovers and allow you to get the ball to them. If you do its blind luck.

I'm not asking for any changes or mods to the game. I'm solely asking for advice to improve my ability to get this task done if I have missed the superskill shot.

#1078 1 year ago

The only way I believe is earning hammer strikes. That will be the only way to skillfully get the ball to stop in the lanes.

#1079 1 year ago

Yes, if you don't get God of Thunder by super skill shot you have to make the top rollovers twice.
One full set of top rollovers = 2x bonus, two full set of top rollovers = 3x bonus. God of Thunder is lit at 3x. Short plunges and light shots to the loops or using the hammer/combos to line up the arrows also help.

Hey Frank, I always wondered this but never brought it up. Is God if Thunder on the skill list for mystery reward? Could make sense to have that.

#1080 1 year ago

Besides the hammer, Top Magnet is used in the final shot of Grendel and Jormungandr battles and final shot in Ragnarok. Will consider more usage of the magnet, thanks.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Allow the magnet to be used for something other than Thor’s hammer. Maybe certain modes if lit for an orbit shot, will also use the magnet.

#1081 1 year ago

Not specifically, but there is a mystery award entitled "Spot A Task" that will award you God of Thunder if you have the first 6 tasks completed! This way you have to kind of earn it without it just giving it to you randomly.

Incidentally if you have Tournament Mystery Award enabled in the last update, mystery awards are given in a standard pattern from lowest to highest value where Spot a Task is next to last since we don't want to give an advantage in tournaments. This was added in July after the tournaments in Australia commented it would be helpful.

Quoted from glpinball:

Hey Frank, I always wondered this but never brought it up. Is God if Thunder on the skill list for mystery reward? Could make sense to have that.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

Thanks everyone for the troubleshooting tips and tricks. I'll work on those in the next day or two. Craziness of the holidays and family stuff. As always the forum is great.

Quick update. After running the sensor tests on the ship it looks like the Ball1 sensor isn't working correctly. While we had the ship taken apart we cleaned all of the optics with an alcohol swab and now seems to be working properly. Have played a couple games without issue. Will keep an eye out to see if this issue comes up again.

I did open a support ticket with American Pinball as well as what I found.

#1083 1 year ago

I think Dwboca is right on this one - it's very hard to intentionally satisfy that requirement by hitting the rollovers with one ball. Walk through that exercise in your mind: Short plunge for one, then you need to get the next five via five hammer strikes and/or random luck.

If this sounds easy, please do it and post a video to show us. I -think- you'll find it's excruciating

#1084 1 year ago

I could add a service menu option for god of Thunder lane completions in a future release.
2 = default
With choices 1,2,3 possible

I usually use the super skill shot to light the insert but this should give you more options!

Quoted from arcyallen:

I think Dwboca is right on this one - it's very hard to intentionally satisfy that requirement by hitting the rollovers with one ball. Walk through that exercise in your mind: Short plunge for one, then you need to get the next five via five hammer strikes and/or random luck.
If this sounds easy, please do it and post a video to show us. I -think- you'll find it's excruciating

#1085 1 year ago

Super skill shot is (very) easy.
Leave it like it is ….

#1086 1 year ago

Great to see all the rules discussion and gameplay strategies! I'd like to chime in with a fresh perspective in regards to the "God of Thunder" requirement for getting to Valhalla.

The "God of Thunder" insert could have just as easily been labeled "Super Skill Shot," but we kept with the viking theme and labeled it something unique. The PRIMARY way to light that insert is to complete the super skill shot. On your way to Valhalla, every player gets at least THREE shots at trying to achieve this, and in more likely scenarios more like four or five with extra balls. If getting to Valhalla is your objective, I would focus on making that super skill shot as soon as you can. This concept of needing a skill shot to make it to a wizard mode isn't unique to LoV but has been a staple in game rules for the last few decades.

With that said, Frank and I personally don't like game rules where there is no way to make it to the wizard mode if you happened to fail at something that was required on your journey, so Frank graciously added another mechanic to light that insert in the event that you're out of practice making the super skill shot. That option is completing the top roll over lanes. Should this be easy to accomplish? Hell no! The point is that if you can't make one out of 3 or 4 super skill shot attempts we're not just going to hand you the God of Thunder insert on a platter.

Which brings me to my final strategy suggestion - if you find that you're simply having a hell of a time making the super skill shot, get better at your soft plunges and focus on the roll overs via the shooter lane. You should be able to get one right off the first plunge, let the ball drain with the ball save timer, and get your second lane. Then start a multiball mode (Frank has cleverly included a MB mode in every tier) and continue to let balls drain while the ball saver is on and focus on completing those top lanes. It's easier than you think if you have a plan and find the sweet spots on your game.

Legends of Valhalla was purposely designed to be a challenging, fast, flowing game with as few ball stops as possible. It is not intended to be stop and go and was intentionally designed to limit the places the ball comes to a rest. The player controlled magnet stop sounds interesting in theory but contradicts the basis of the general design and rule set, not to mention the logistic complications of having one action button to use that is already responsible for two other player controlled features (Valkyrie and Thor's Hammer).

Hope that helps alleviate some frustrations and give new insight on how to get to Valhalla. More than anything, practice that super skill shot! One of my favorite things on this game is locking three balls in a row and starting War at Sea all via three upper flipper shots. Once you got it dialed in, it will come naturally and often!

#1087 1 year ago

I dunno, during normal play, I have very very few balls that ever go over the rollovers.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Great to see all the rules discussion and gameplay strategies! I'd like to chime in with a fresh perspective in regards to the "God of Thunder" requirement for getting to Valhalla.
The "God of Thunder" insert could have just as easily been labeled "Super Skill Shot," but we kept with the viking theme and labeled it something unique. The PRIMARY way to light that insert is to complete the super skill shot.

That was my initial impression. A super skill shot.
I do like that there is another way to get there, albeit many times harder to achieve, yet still there.
As I've said prior, soft plunging isn't really a thing that happens in our game. We just full plunge and hope to hit the boat and get the super skill shot. It possibly the most rewarding shot in the game, as well as hitting the boat lock for war at sea.
It takes a few plays to realize its not a trap and shoot game, which makes it more "funner" and suited to how I play.
I'm not advocating for rule changes, i was just looking for some clarity on that shot.

#1089 1 year ago

Another question from me is there a way to turn off the hurry up call outs. When Odin/Teolis asks you to play the ball or whats the hold up?

Another thing I've noticed is in the replay awards. They only are in 10 million. Is there a way to add 5 million point values to them?

#1090 1 year ago

You can minimize the hurryup call outs by changing 'War on Land Qualify callouts' to minimum under setup/features. No way to turn off the ball in the shooter lane callouts but they are there for a purpose to let you or other players know its their turn, so lets go!

Replay award increment is 10 million to 250 million by 10 million increments. It autoadjusts up and down if you beat the replay score or don't. I can't make this an option to go by 5 million point increments or it would be the default and I prefer it this way. The latest code and later give you many opportunities to surpass 60 million (especially if you have extra balls).

Quoted from Dwboca:

Another question from me is there a way to turn off the hurry up call outs. When Odin/Teolis asks you to play the ball or whats the hold up?
Another thing I've noticed is in the replay awards. They only are in 10 million. Is there a way to add 5 million point values to them?

#1091 1 year ago

You can minimize the hurryup call outs by changing 'War on Land Qualify callouts' to minimum under setup/features. No way to turn off the ball in the shooter lane callouts but they are there for a purpose to let you or other players know its their turn, so lets go!

I'm im puttering around, I might play a ball then go off to a task. I get shyte from my wife and Odin. I'll come back, but dang. Haha

The other was just a question. So we can incrementally up the target to get the extra ball

#1092 1 year ago

Sorry can you rephrase your question concerning the target to get the extra ball? Not sure what you're asking.
Max number of extra balls is 0, 1 or 2 in service menu with 1 extra ball as the default. There are several events that give an extra ball but they all follow the master setting.

Quoted from Dwboca:

I'm im puttering around, I might play a ball then go off to a task. I get shyte from my wife and Odin. I'll come back, but dang. Haha
The other was just a question. So we can incrementally up the target to get the extra ball

#1093 1 year ago

Sorry can you rephrase your question concerning the target to get the extra ball? Not sure what you're asking.
Max number of extra balls is 0, 1 or 2 in service menu with 1 extra ball as the default. There are several events that give an extra ball but they all follow the master setting.

My second question from above was to be able to add 5 million to the replay/extra ball settings. But I understand from your reply that its a pain to make that happen.

Thanks for answering my questions and concerns

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

Wanted to close the loop on this. Did some troubleshooting thanks to all of you and the support folks at AP. Found that ball 1 opto was problematic. While we had it torn apart we wiped all the optos down with an alcohol swab and it is working as it should. I much prefer this to installing new opto's BTW.

#1095 1 year ago

I know that no one can make this decision for me. But I have an opportunity to get a solid price on the deluxe model and feel like I’m overthinking things. I really want a Wonka, R&M and WoZ but know that I’m going to be super careful with them or end up not playing them and just having a ‘show cabinet’ whereas I can get a super cool original theme pinball with LOV. I don’t know what reassurance I need to put me over the edge but I guess that’s what I’m looking for. I just want a hassle free pin experience and I can just go ham playing the crap out of this thing

#1096 1 year ago

I’d say it’s a safe bet on this one. Outside of the boat witches and lock, seems to be pretty rock solid from a mechanical standpoint.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d say it’s a safe bet on this one. Outside of the boat witches and lock, seems to be pretty rock solid from a mechanical standpoint.

Agree. I had one problem out of the box that was resolved in minutes. The support from the OEM through this thread is super strong. This is an extremely well built game. You can play the heck out of it with small worries.

#1098 1 year ago

Their support can’t be any worse than Sterns. Haha

And this thread seems very active, which is where I’m thinking if there is an issue and I can’t rely on American I can just jump in here. Which is probably what I would do anyways.

This would also be my first purchase that that topper comes with it, I don’t have to buy a shaker, and my first invisaglass which is what makes that pricing so appealing to me. That and once again The original theme.

From watching some videos the music and SFX seem pretty descent as well

#1099 1 year ago

I guess my last question as it’s a newer pin and I haven’t sold very many. I know I’ll lose money on selling it after I play it but it seems like resell value should be there as there aren’t very many of these out there. On the off chance I hate it.

#1100 1 year ago

If you can get a deluxe for under 7, I’d say you won’t have to worry about losing too much on resale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/22?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.