20240403_114550 (resized).jpg
20240403_114731 (resized).jpg
20240403_114250 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 37.
#801 1 year ago

I got this from Ali Express. I just have to paint it. Or not.

20220409_122255 (resized).jpg20220409_122255 (resized).jpg
#802 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I got this from Ali Express.

Nice! Can you post the link?

#803 1 year ago

Is there a setting to turn off the topper light?

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a setting to turn off the topper light?

Since it is plugged into the back box led strips, no way to turn the topper off without doing the same to the back box leds. So basically just have to unplug it or splice a switch into the topper cable.

#805 1 year ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Nice! Can you post the link?

US $13.93 50%OFF | Figurines & Miniatures Silver Angel Wings Resin Crafts Desktop Ornaments Garden Ornaments Home Decor Angel Cabochon
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqP0q1a

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Also make sure that the file name is correct and didn't gwt

That's very odd, its like the cabinet is wider or something. Got mine in February and it's fine.[quoted image]

Hmmm....I've heard something about AP needing to change cabinet makers or something, I wonder if the new cabinet specs are a bit off from the original. But, that being said, if the cabinet is wider, how does the glass fit in the channels without a lot of slop, playfield can't be narrower. Perhaps a measurement of the interior dimensions of the cabinet (width) would be helpful to understand what is going on here...

#807 1 year ago

Just wanted to come back and thank the group for answering a few of my questions. With your help I've been able to get 100M+ several times and own the initials on nearly everything listed. This is such a fun game! I just need to get to Ragnarok on location to feel accomplished--I got within one battle of doing this so it's within reach.

#808 1 year ago

There is a bug in victory laps after beating Grendel where it never ends once down to a single ball. I love the layout but had to raise main flipper power to 42, felt like wet noodles at factory settings. May sell more people on AP games if they get the flipper power right out of the box, not everyone is knowledgeable or comfortable tweaking coil settings.

#809 1 year ago

That should have been fixed in the latest update 22.07.27 - you can see the version when booting or when in service menu.
If it happens to you again or you are able to reproduce this issue on this release send me the log when it happens.

Also, the coils are adjustable for different environments, but 42 is a bit too high. You will get hot flippers and they will start to fade after 1/2 hour of playing. Mine are set to 34, 36 is ok. You may have something out of alignment on the flipper mech that is causing drag/friction. You can contact support if you need assistance.

Quoted from manadams:

There is a bug in victory laps after beating Grendel where it never ends once down to a single ball. I love the layout but had to raise main flipper power to 42, felt like wet noodles at factory settings. May sell more people on AP games if they get the flipper power right out of the box, not everyone is knowledgeable or comfortable tweaking coil settings.

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That should have been fixed in the latest update 22.07.27 - you can see the version when booting or when in service menu.
If it happens to you again or you are able to reproduce this issue on this release send me the log when it happens.
Also, the coils are adjustable for different environments, but 42 is a bit too high. You will get hot flippers and they will start to fade after 1/2 hour of playing. Mine are set to 34, 36 is ok. You may have something out of alignment on the flipper mech that is causing drag/friction. You can contact support if you need assistance.

On latest code so the bug is still there. Nothing out of alignment on flipper mechs, factory settings is 27 so you just admitted that's too low by recommending 34-36. My point is whether it's set at your recommendation or where I have them, games shouldn't ship at a measly 27 from the factory.

#811 1 year ago

My flippers are perfectly fine on factory settings.

#812 1 year ago

AP determined that 27 for the main flippers and 20 for the mini flipper were conservative settings that will give good performance for home and location. The coil settings are adjustable for your particular location/home. I like them a bit higher for my home while they work just fine for others at the stock setting. It takes just a few seconds to change them in the menu if you're not happy with the stock settings. I'm not recommending 34, its just what I feel is good on my game in my home. Raising the flipper pulse too high adds heat and flipper fade so adjust sparingly. The defaults for Legends of Valhalla are not the same for the other AP games since every game is different and determinations are made based on pitch, ramp height, etc.

Quoted from manadams:

On latest code so the bug is still there. Nothing out of alignment on flipper mechs, factory settings is 27 so you just admitted that's too low by recommending 34-36. My point is whether it's set at your recommendation or where I have them, games shouldn't ship at a measly 27 from the factory.

#813 1 year ago

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the victory laps work on a multiball legend battle when they're beaten, can someone explain what is supposed to happen if you drain on single ball play while in victory laps? I beat both Grendel and Draugar, got down to single ball play in victory laps and it's still going, eventually drain and ball ends with no bonus legend battle.

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the victory laps work on a multiball legend battle when they're beaten, can someone explain what is supposed to happen if you drain on single ball play while in victory laps? I beat both Grendel and Draugar, got down to single ball play in victory laps and it's still going, eventually drain and ball ends with no bonus legend battle.

I could be wrong but at least in the previous code if you drained down to one ball right around when you win your battle and the "win" screen is on it would turn on Victory Laps and not recognize the other ball(s) drained.

Edited to add: what it is supposed to do is turn on Victory Laps for as long as you're in MB and all of the major shots score big points. You end Victory Laps when you drain down to one ball.

#815 1 year ago

No you got it right. When you complete all shots in one of the 5 multiball legend battles and have more than 1 ball on the playfield, victory laps kick in. You shoot the white arrows until you are in single ball play, then a bonus battle will start. Are you saying victory laps doesn't end when you are in single ball play? Do you have any issue with victory laps ending in Viking Multiball (2nd sea multiball)?

Quoted from manadams:

#816 1 year ago

No you got it right. When you complete all shots in one of the 5 multiball legend battles and have more than 1 ball on the playfield, victory laps kick in. You shoot the white arrows until you are in single ball play, then a bonus battle will start. Are you saying victory laps doesn't end when you are in single ball play? Do you have any issue with victory laps ending in Viking Multiball (2nd sea multiball)?

Yes, victory laps is still going in single ball play with no bonus battle while in single ball or when I drain. It has happened on Draugar and Grendel, don't know about Viking Multiball.

#817 1 year ago

Feel free to grab the logs (insert blank usb stick and they will dump to the stick) and pm me or contact support if you prefer.

Quoted from manadams:

Yes, victory laps is still going in single ball play with no bonus battle while in single ball or when I drain. It has happened on Draugar and Grendel, don't know about Viking Multiball.

#818 1 year ago

Feel free to grab the logs (insert blank usb stick and they will dump to the stick) and pm me or contact support if you prefer.

I tried it again with glass off on Draugar, worked just fine so I think in both instances before one of the balls drained right when they were beaten confusing the game.

#819 1 year ago

Best in class support demonstration right there.

Luvthatapex2, you do your company well in this thread. Also all the the other AP team member who are on here as well .

I played 20 or so games of LOV yesterday. What a great game and it is getting better with each update.

#820 1 year ago

Still holding out hope i get the side blades, any one else not get theirs yet?

#821 1 year ago

Have you contacted AP? If I recall you purchased a previously registered game, right? Perhaps they can sort it out so you could get the blades since the original owner did not.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Still holding out hope i get the side blades, any one else not get theirs yet?

#822 1 year ago

Have you contacted AP? If I recall you purchased a previously registered game, right? Perhaps they can sort it out so you could get the blades since the original owner did not.

I emailed brenna98 at ap, hoping my name got swapped in.

#823 1 year ago

I hope you get them, but if all else fails, AP added them to the store too. I imagine if someone tears theirs and wants a replacement they are also available.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/legends-of-valhalla-interior-art-blades-dcl0006-xx

Quoted from amkoepfer:

I emailed brenna98 at ap, hoping my name got swapped in.

#824 1 year ago

At least they are in store, so i can get a set. I was more worried about being left with none. Since i bought second hand, i cant expect them to send me a set.

#825 1 year ago

Installed my art blades…never done this. Chose the dry install. Left side, no problem, right side the metal ramp was tight against the side…even when pushing the playfield over. Got it done though. Maybe a little high near the flippers, but looks awesome! Pics tomorrow…good luck to others…let her buck…it’ll go fine.

#826 1 year ago

I’m still wondering about this cabinet width, or playfield -to- cabinet gap issue. Anyone have capability to measure interior cabinet dimensions? Or is there some other explanation that we’re not seeing?

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

I’m still wondering about this cabinet width, or playfield -to- cabinet gap issue. Anyone have capability to measure interior cabinet dimensions? Or is there some other explanation that we’re not seeing?

Always lift the playfield square…as with most
Pins. I lifted my Metallica and dropped it into
the cab years ago…just be careful and you’ll be fine. This is nothing new.

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Well sure, but post #797 and #798 seem to show a different playfield to cabinet clearance, unless the playfield was pushed to one side in one of the photos. Just trying to understand why some folks are having some trouble with playfield squeezing between the rails and dropping. Are the cabinets different Or this is a total non-issue?

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Lifting mine “square” is simply not possible. It is so close to the edge that it falls even under the most perfect and slow attempt.

I just started to take off my rail to get the screw size and I would say the AP probably knows what’s up since there are 3 washers under each of the grommets.

I am going to either find or 3d print a nylon spacer then get some longer screws. Mine needs to come out at least 1/4th of an inch on each side.

#830 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Lifting mine “square” is simply not possible. It is so close to the edge that it falls even under the most perfect and slow attempt.
I just started to take off my rail to get the screw size and I would say the AP probably knows what’s up since there are 3 washers under each of the grommets.
I am going to either find or 3d print a nylon spacer then get some longer screws. Mine needs to come out at least 1/4th of an inch on each side.

I wonder who is building AP’s cabinets or if they are built in house?

#831 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Post the external width of your cab and the internal width. All at mid cab. I’m curious how it compares to mine. I’ll do the same when I get a chance today.

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Post the external width of your cab and the internal width. All at mid cab. I’m curious how it compares to mine. I’ll do the same when I get a chance today.

Mine is 22" outside and 20.5" inside. I have no issues.

#833 1 year ago

Mines…22” outside, and just under 20 1/2” inside. I have no problems as well. In fact, the wire form ramp on the right touches the side.

96AACADD-8F53-47B6-85CB-8C3BF0A5227C (resized).jpeg96AACADD-8F53-47B6-85CB-8C3BF0A5227C (resized).jpeg
#835 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Same system as stern? Are you sure the bracket on the playfield isn’t bent inward some? I’ve seen that before. Bend that out more so the rod that sticks out, grabs the rail better.

#836 1 year ago

Yep, works fine except LOV has 3 buttons. So the 3rd button I left unlit. I suppose you could get 2 kits and patch it in.

#837 1 year ago

I guess with the 3rd button unlit it makes it obvious which button is the hammer/valkyrie!

Quoted from glpinball:

Yep, works fine except LOV has 3 buttons. So the 3rd button I left unlit. I suppose you could get 2 kits and patch it in.

#838 1 year ago

I guess with the 3rd button unlit it makes it obvious which button is the hammer/valkyrie!

I am thinking of ordering 2 BriteButton kits. 2 reds for the flippers, and a white for hammer/valkyrie.

#839 1 year ago

For those with cabinet rail issues, make sure that if you shim out the side slide rails that the playfield still slides on the metal rails attached to the bottom of the playfield or it WILL eat into your playfield wood every time you lift it up...see the picture in post #797 for the start of this issue.

#840 1 year ago

Pinball Life has made custom 3-button lighting kits on request. Just reach out to them and tell them what you want. It’s cheaper than buying two sets.

#841 1 year ago

Great tip!

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Pinball Life has made custom 3-button lighting kits on request. Just reach out to them and tell them what you want. It’s cheaper than buying two sets.

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from cyphr:

Ordered. Any plans to do something similar with Valkyrie in the top left?

Ive been asked for these already. I can work on them in a few months. I have a few other mods coming out first. The slingshot mod will start shipping on Monday, not many left on the first run.

#843 1 year ago

Evening all
We start shipping tomorrow. We have 3 sets remaining on the first run. Contact Tilt Graphics if you'd like a set

Joe

IMG_20220814_210627739_HDR.jpgIMG_20220814_210627739_HDR.jpg
#844 1 year ago

Red and white britebuttons look real nice

PXL_20220817_234546003 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_234546003 (resized).jpg

#845 1 year ago
Quoted from TFK:

Ive been asked for these already. I can work on them in a few months. I have a few other mods coming out first. The slingshot mod will start shipping on Monday, not many left on the first run.</

Evening all
We start shipping tomorrow. We have 3 sets remaining on the first run. Contact Tilt Graphics if you'd like a set
Joe
[quoted image]

Can’t wait to get my set! They look great!

#846 1 year ago

Got my 3D slingshot mod in the mail this morning. The figures themselves look great but the replacement plastic guard pieces are not see through, unlike the pictures on tilt graphics and they look really really cheap, (also not like the pictures) not to mention they scratch very easily. Those plastics belong nowhere on a pinball machine, it's a deal breaker. I just put the figures over the painted plastic that is already there and it looks decent I suppose. I am a bit disappointed because of the plastic, especially for $249. I hope this gets rectified for the next run and I hope they will send me replacement plastic like in the pictures, otherwise I am going to ask for my money back. To anyone on the fence about ordering some, I suggest holding off on ordering a set for now.

PXL_20220819_162238227 (resized).jpgPXL_20220819_162238227 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220819_163823285 (resized).jpgPXL_20220819_163823285 (resized).jpg

#847 1 year ago

It looks like the replacement plastics have a film over them that you have to remove (probably both sides to protect from scratching in shipment/packing)?

Quoted from cyphr:

Got my 3D slingshot mod in the mail this morning. The figures themselves look great but the replacement plastic guard pieces are not see through, unlike the pictures on tilt graphics and they look really really cheap, (also not like the pictures) not to mention they scratch very easily. Those plastics belong nowhere on a pinball machine, it's a deal breaker. I just put the figures over the painted plastic that is already there and it looks decent I suppose. I am a bit disappointed because of the plastic, especially for $249. I hope this gets rectified for the next run and I hope they will send me replacement plastic like in the pictures, otherwise I am going to ask for my money back. To anyone on the fence about ordering some, I suggest holding off on ordering a set for now.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#848 1 year ago

It looks like the replacement plastics have a film over them that you have to remove (probably both sides to protect from scratching in shipment/packing)?

Yup I realized that right after I posted that so I deleted it. Everything looks great once the film is removed. My bad.

#849 1 year ago

I am more than happy with mine.

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am more than happy with mine.

yup same. I take back everything I said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/17?hl=cyphr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.