image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.
#601 1 year ago

Still really enjoying my LOV. Can’t wait to get the art blades in mine.

Oh, and I found this secret skill shot the other night

5A7F7398-558F-45FD-A0EF-525EDC6D3015 (resized).jpeg5A7F7398-558F-45FD-A0EF-525EDC6D3015 (resized).jpeg
#602 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Still really enjoying my LOV. Can’t wait to get the art blades in mine.
[quoted image]

What am I looking at? Is the ball stuck on the lip or is there a ball jam?

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

What am I looking at? Is the ball stuck on the lip or is there a ball jam?

It's stuck on the apron. I've had balls go into the apron. Need to bend the apron to close that gap.

#604 1 year ago

Just joined the club! Love the game, but would like to hear more about the side blades. Will they honor 2nd hand?

#605 1 year ago

Website doesnt mention side blades

#606 1 year ago

register your game on the ap website.
If it wasn’t registered before you’re good to go and will be sent the blades. If it had perhaps you can contact AP and have the serial registered with your name. They probably just started sending the art blades so again you should be ok to get them

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just joined the club! Love the game, but would like to hear more about the side blades. Will they honor 2nd hand?

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

register your game on the ap website.
If it wasn’t registered before you’re good to go and will be sent the blades. If it had perhaps you can contact AP and have the serial registered with your name. They probably just started sending the art blades so again you should be ok to get them

Thanks for the info!

#608 1 year ago

Already registered

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's stuck on the apron. I've had balls go into the apron. Need to bend the apron to close that gap.

Yep got stuck. No big deal, just funny as I had never had that happen before.

Updating to latest code tonight. Man the shaker is bringing it now. Love it @luvthatapex2, keep it coming!

#610 1 year ago

My NIB LOV is getting delivered today....Hope it has the side blades already on it; will post back with impressions once I get this beast setup

#611 1 year ago

When your game boots make sure the version is 22.05.24, if not please download the updated code from the AP website, pop it on a blank USB stick and do the update. It takes less than 10 minutes.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

My NIB LOV is getting delivered today....Hope it has the side blades already on it; will post back with impressions once I get this beast setup

#612 1 year ago

I have registered my pin, but no word on the art blades. Is there a way to check on this?

#613 1 year ago

We've been reviewing the latest video streams from players and and discussing internally and with players, in the next code update there will be:

A new setting to turn on/off Legend Battle timers without affecting the max extra balls setting. Default is ON. Some home players really enjoy the challenge of completing the battle and hearing more of the soundtrack without being pressed for time, yet still allow an extra ball or 2. Tournaments can also keep the legend timers ON yet turn OFF the extra balls.

A new setting to turn on/off War on Land qualifying callouts after the first war on land battle. Default is ON.

The following side battles have been score boosted with incremental scoring - War on Land(all), Rampage and Viking Multiball (2nd and subsequent sea MB). Since these side battles can be attained multiple times during a game, they will be worthwhile strategy to higher scoring. Lets see some giant scores.

Of course there will be other tweaks and bug fixes too. Looking at end of July for the next update.

#614 1 year ago

I have had several games already where boat is not qualified, and the ball will stay up there. Get 3 up there and it will release 1, once that drains it will wait for ball search, release another, after drain it will ball search and release 3rd ball. Is this a bug or am i missing something with rules?

#615 1 year ago

If the locks are not lit (boat is lit in white), a ball going into the boat will be released. If this is not happening it could either be the ship post setting is not at the default setting (0.25 in service menu), or is binding, or one of the boat switches is not recognized. 0.25 works best. Check the Ship Release Adjust in service menu (features). If this is set to 0.25 and the ship post is releasing normally, do a switch test with the ship cover off and ensure all 3 switches are getting triggered as a ball is dropped into the ship entrance. Observes the ship post. If it is binding/crooked, etc. Ensure the bracket is straight underneath.

If you need to disable the ship switches temporarily you can disable Physical Ball Locks in service menu/features and virtual locks will get the game playing with full rules without locking balls in the ship until you can determine the issue.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have had several games already where boat is not qualified, and the ball will stay up there. Get 3 up there and it will release 1, once that drains it will wait for ball search, release another, after drain it will ball search and release 3rd ball. Is this a bug or am i missing something with rules?

#616 1 year ago

Regarding plans for the next update, when timers are disabled does it mean that once you are in battle you must complete all of them or drain?

Would that affect qualifying/playing Valhalla between battles?

#617 1 year ago

With the legend battle timers off you either have to complete the battle, use the hammer (to defeat the legend), use a Valkyrie on the last shot or drain to get out of the battle. This affects getting to Ragnarok not Valhalla. Valhalla requires completing the 8 tasks in the center of the playfield.

You can see what effect this will have in the current version by setting max extra balls to 0. This currently turns off the legend timers.

Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Regarding plans for the next update, when timers are disabled does it mean that once you are in battle you must complete all of them or drain?
Would that affect qualifying/playing Valhalla between battles?

#618 1 year ago

Got my power supply overnight so I'm up and running again as of last night. Thanks to AP for being so quick about getting this fixed!

I have some plunger issues now that I am working on. I will try some adjustments first per the video before I ask for any suggestions. My first thought was the shooter rod doesn't seem to go out far enough past the auto plunge mech but I need to try a few things first as it isn't even launching up to the top of the playfield. Will report back.

#619 1 year ago

If the locks are not lit (boat is lit in white), a ball going into the boat will be released. If this is not happening it could either be the ship post setting is not at the default setting (0.25 in service menu), or is binding, or one of the boat switches is not recognized. 0.25 works best. Check the Ship Release Adjust in service menu (features). If this is set to 0.25 and the ship post is releasing normally, do a switch test with the ship cover off and ensure all 3 switches are getting triggered as a ball is dropped into the ship entrance. Observes the ship post. If it is binding/crooked, etc. Ensure the bracket is straight underneath.
If you need to disable the ship switches temporarily you can disable Physical Ball Locks in service menu/features and virtual locks will get the game playing with full rules without locking balls in the ship until you can determine the issue.

Thank you for the help

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Got my power supply overnight so I'm up and running again as of last night. Thanks to AP for being so quick about getting this fixed!
I have some plunger issues now that I am working on. I will try some adjustments first per the video before I ask for any suggestions. My first thought was the shooter rod doesn't seem to go out far enough past the auto plunge mech but I need to try a few things first as it isn't even launching up to the top of the playfield. Will report back.

Make sure the rubber tip is intact.

#621 1 year ago

With the legend battle timers off you either have to complete the battle, use the hammer (to defeat the legend), use a Valkyrie on the last shot or drain to get out of the battle. This affects getting to Ragnarok not Valhalla. Valhalla requires completing the 8 tasks in the center of the playfield.
You can see what effect this will have in the current version by setting max extra balls to 0. This currently turns off the legend timers.

That is understood - let me rephrase the question:

You are on Ball 3 (no extra balls). Started a battle, completed it. Bonus battle begins... during that you finish qualifying all the center inserts to play Valhalla. However, at that point, the player will never be unable to start Valhalla because the only way out of a battle with no timers is what you mentioned above. Draining on the 3rd ball means game over.

I guess you could get to Ragnarok, then after finishing that it would then let you start Valhalla?

Side note - I am willing to bet that if you are in a multiball battle, draining to 1 ball would end the chain and would give you the opportunity to start Valhalla.

#622 1 year ago

Yes, if you are in one of the 5 multiball legend battles and drain to 1 ball, your battle ends so you could start Valhalla.
If you are in a single battle with no timers, you'd have to complete the battle or use a Valkyrie/hammer, but then you'd get a bonus battle, so perhaps it would be a multiball legend battle, if not, you'll have to complete battles until you get to one ! You can plan the next bonus battle in advance, but it takes a little bit of strategy.

You can start Valhalla after Ragnarok, but in your example draining out of Ragnarok on your last ball will end your ball and the game.

That is understood - let me rephrase the question:
You are on Ball 3 (no extra balls). Started a battle, completed it. Bonus battle begins... during that you finish qualifying all the center inserts to play Valhalla. However, at that point, the player will never be unable to start Valhalla because the only way out of a battle with no timers is what you mentioned above. Draining on the 3rd ball means game over.
I guess you could get to Ragnarok, then after finishing that it would then let you start Valhalla?
Side note - I am willing to bet that if you are in a multiball battle, draining to 1 ball would end the chain and would give you the opportunity to start Valhalla.

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I just received my LOV and it does have the art blades already installed. I took am having issues with the plunger. The plungers doesn't seem to be long enough to stick the ball appropriately. I looked to remove any extra washers or springs but not too many options. There also seems to be an issue in the trough recognizing ball quantity. The game will end before I have a chance for a third ball. any help is appreciated.

#624 1 year ago

My plunger tip is about 5mm shorter than the prongs of the auto plunger . There is 1 washer and a spring on the pull side. Does the auto plunger work properly? might have to contact support for the plunger question.

For the ball count issue, do you have all 6 balls installed? Try the trough testing in this video ( it’s for Houdini but we use the same trough). Any balls stuck in the boat?

Quoted from Captchaos:

I just received my LOV and it does have the art blades already installed. I took am having issues with the plunger. The plungers doesn't seem to be long enough to stick the ball appropriately. I looked to remove any extra washers or springs but not too many options. There also seems to be an issue in the trough recognizing ball quantity. The game will end before I have a chance for a third ball. any help is appreciated.

#625 1 year ago

Here are some pics of my plunger to compare.E112D137-EDC8-4DD3-8709-779567EDD20C (resized).jpegE112D137-EDC8-4DD3-8709-779567EDD20C (resized).jpeg59512233-3F39-4181-855A-62E3DE49EBCE (resized).jpeg59512233-3F39-4181-855A-62E3DE49EBCE (resized).jpeg45384D98-1AD1-486F-851B-EEF8B163DDA6 (resized).jpeg45384D98-1AD1-486F-851B-EEF8B163DDA6 (resized).jpeg35F3E7BD-CE84-4D07-98C8-FC7FDD42AA1D (resized).jpeg35F3E7BD-CE84-4D07-98C8-FC7FDD42AA1D (resized).jpeg

#626 1 year ago

The rubber tip of the shooter rod is about an inch behind the auto plunge mech.

IMG_5144 (resized).jpgIMG_5144 (resized).jpgIMG_5145 (resized).jpgIMG_5145 (resized).jpg
#627 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Hey RandomRetro bend that tab inwards to close the gap and prevent that.

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Hey RandomRetro bend that tab inwards to close the gap and prevent that.

Done. Thanks.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

The rubber tip of the shooter rod is about an inch behind the auto plunge mech.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just setup my game. Having the same issue

#630 1 year ago

So the manual plunger is too short?
Please register your game and open a service request.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/register/

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Just setup my game. Having the same issue

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

YES! This is exactly how I'd describe what I am going through with the plunger. I even took both washers out to add length, adjusted spring, tried realigning and still wont go to the top of the playfield. Autoplunge works fine and I am NOT having any ball recognition issues.

I will submit a ticket as he suggested.

#632 1 year ago

Usually it’s not an issue with the plunger length but the auto launch prongs are not allowing the ball to sit back far enough for the manual plunger.

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Usually it’s not an issue with the plunger length but the auto launch prongs are not allowing the ball to sit back far enough for the manual plunger.

That was my first thought also. Not really such a thing as short plunger. I didn't see a way to adjust the autoplunge position though.

#634 1 year ago

Let us know what you find - I had the same issue with the stock spring, but was fixed with an overly stronger spring.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

YES! This is exactly how I'd describe what I am going through with the plunger. I even took both washers out to add length, adjusted spring, tried realigning and still wont go to the top of the playfield. Autoplunge works fine and I am NOT having any ball recognition issues.
I will submit a ticket as he suggested.

The barrel spring is too long...I'll post pics of mine, it came with art blades installed.

Holy shit this pin is fun!!! Flow for days!!!

#636 1 year ago

Let us know what you find - I had the same issue with the stock spring, but was fixed with an overly stronger spring.

I think it needs a half inch barrel spring to fix the issue

#637 1 year ago

PS I ordered mine through Joe @ PinballStar and delivery was flawless; Joe is the man, I highly recommend you order your LOV from him

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

PS I ordered mine through Joe @ PinballStar and delivery was flawless; Joe is the man, I highly recommend you order your LOV from him

I agree! Joe has always been a stand up business man! He always tries to do the right thing by everyone.

#639 1 year ago

I don't see a way to adjust the auto plunge mech as well. I am starting to have issues with the viking ship lock. Not recognizing....I will try and troubleshoot

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I don't see a way to adjust the auto plunge mech as well. I am starting to have issues with the viking ship lock. Not recognizing....I will try and troubleshoot

Send a note to support and they will get you all fixed up.

#641 1 year ago

Yeah and maybe they have some barrel springs that are different sizes for whatever reason.

#642 1 year ago

luvthatapex2 What would you think about randomly choosing the lit weapons when playing Valhalla?

#643 1 year ago

I had it random early on, but it did not prove to be a challenge since it was random on how far you could get into the wizard mode. If you got the easy shots you got further, if you got the hard shots (rightshooter lane, mini loops) you would get stuck early on. I chose a pattern of shots that are a mix of easy and hard in a particular order. The hardest shot is the last and then you battle ODIN. Its also nice that everyone has the same challenge for this wizard mode and on route you can see how far the best player got. If you see a valhalla score of 7 million or less you know he/she made 1 or 2 shots, etc. I believe this path works best.

luvthatapex2 What would you think about randomly choosing the lit weapons when playing Valhalla?

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Even with removing the spring completely the plunger wasn't making good contact with the ball like other machines. I think it's the position of the autoplunger or the angle which the playfield hooks are at when they attach to the front wall of the cabinet.

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Even with removing the spring completely the plunger wasn't making good contact with the ball like other machines. I think it's the position of the autoplunger or the angle which the playfield hooks are at when they attach to the front wall of the cabinet.

I’m going to cut a 1/4 inch off the spring to see if that helps.

#646 1 year ago

When will the Berzerker drop down target come up? It seems like the one in my machine is always down.

#647 1 year ago

Berzerker drop returns to the UP position after battles and at the start of the ball, other times. It has 2 coils so it can be pulled down or pushed up via code.
Perhaps the target needs adjusting. There is a small screw at the base of the assembly. I'd also check the return spring. You can test the target in service menu, coil test.

Quoted from mk47:

When will the Berzerker drop down target come up? It seems like the one in my machine is always down.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

It worked, I just cut off about 1/3 of the barrel spring and it plunges perfectly now

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from mk47:

Check your connections for the drop target underneath the playfield. Mine had pulled loose due to super tight wrap ties.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It worked, I just cut off about 1/3 of the barrel spring and it plunges perfectly now

Ok thanks for the suggestion. Going to try it and see if that helps. Will report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.