1 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

We are off to Valhalla! Have been Really enjoying this Wonderful game from API and Riot Pinball so we felt inspired to start the journey with Odin to craft some details that we felt were fitting of the theme and this wonderful journey to Valhalla! As always we will focus on things that Are available vs concept. Here are just a few of the custom mods we created to start our journey. As always, thank you to the amazing creators of this wonderful game and also those that have supported our efforts over the years. Thank You! All of the items shown should be available now from our website store or the Pinside Market place. Let's head for Vahalla!

The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

IMG_0286 (resized).jpgIMG_0286 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Head for the boats! Introducing the Illuminated Valhalla Long Boat Ramp House Mod. Highly detailed and sculted and a perfect fit over the weapons ramp. Illuminates the ramp with an ominous glow only a Viking dare enter!! Puffy smoke detail and hand painted to finish the scene. Simple plug and play installation. Man the Long Boats and let your journey begin!! Available Now, website store or Pinside Market place.

The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

Valhalla is gaurded by many menacing spirits so be careful where you go! Introducing the Valhalla Viking Gaurd. Highly detailed floating resin warrior hand painted/air brushed and munching on the last pinball that dared to enter Valhalla! Easy install on most any post to add some dimension and detail to any location. Available now from our website store or Pinside Market place.

The Mod Couple

1a (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#4 2 years ago

Nice mods!

Ever think of that same skull with pinball in mouth as a mod for GnR? Replace Viking hat with tap hat. Would make for a cool shooter rod or shooter lane mod. Love the pinball in the mouth. Very nice touch!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Nice mods!
Ever think of that same skull with pinball in mouth as a mod for GnR? Replace Viking hat with tap hat. Would make for a cool shooter rod or shooter lane mod. Love the pinball in the mouth. Very nice touch!

Appreciate the feedback and interest. Will absolutely consider your idea thank you!

#6 2 years ago

Crush thy enemy with this highly detailed and resin sculpted Mod. Extremely high detail, hand painted and airbrushed for effect. Can be positioned in several places to warn your enemies! Perfect theme fit to show the Vikings mean business!! Available now from our website store or Pinside Market place!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#7 2 years ago

Those look great ....
Impressive work

#8 2 years ago

Enter the gates of Valhalla to join Odin on his quest! Introducing the Gates of Valhalla ramp Mod! Highly detailed and hand painted. This sculpted arch enters you up the ramp to meet Odin. Enter if you dare! Available now from our website store or Pinside Market place.

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#9 2 years ago

Enter the battle with the Valhalla Tree of Life custom 3D shooter plate Mod. Highly detailed art to complete the look for the journey to begin! Available now from our website store or Pinside Market place.

The Mod Couple

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

Impressive work.
Makes me want a valhalla.

#11 2 years ago

Well,
I can see several must haves when my game shows up.

Any plans for Odin himself or replacing the viking ship?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Well,
I can see several must haves when my game shows up.
Any plans for Odin himself or replacing the viking ship?

Several more to post and ship is in process though that one is a bit more complicated so its taking extra time. Odin is actually not as bad as many are assuming. Not a polished model but I don't think they were after a molded plastic looking figure. The skull pile on the side however.......That could use a bit of polish. lol

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Impressive work.
Makes me want a valhalla.

Its actually a really fun game. Have had it for a few weeks now and it absolutely matches the quality of API to the creative skills of Riot. Does take some thinking with the modes but once you spend some time with it everything comes together nicely. Will say they put some time into fine tuning this one as the shots and code are pretty strong out of the box. Great game overall and the theme is spectacular.

#14 2 years ago

Let the battle begin with our Valhalla Custom 3D Sword flipper set Mod! Join Odin in the fight with a Set of (3) highly detailed and hand painted flipper bat covers. Antiqued wood planks each adorned with a sword ready for battle! Simple install and removable. Let the battle begin! Available now via our website store or Pinside Market place.

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago

Wow,

Can not wait to see the whole package of mods. Will make this truly a world under glass.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wow,
Can not wait to see the whole package of mods. Will make this truly a world under glass.

Much appreciated. Really a fun game fitting of API quality. Had a few software glitches last night but overall a fast fun shooter.

#17 2 years ago

You guys gonna do a replacement for Odin?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

You guys gonna do a replacement for Odin?

Not sure but likely yes. Doesn't actually look bad in person. The skull blob..... however is another story. lol Played for a few hours last night and not as easy as it looks.

#19 2 years ago

Making an order today and looking forward to see what else you come up with.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Making an order today and looking forward to see what else you come up with.

Always appreciate your support and interest Thank You!

On another topic. From my Minor software glitch issue posted previously API (Frank) already reached out and with the advised software update the game is glitch free again! They seem to have their eye on the ball there well done!

2 weeks later
#21 2 years ago

valkyrie and “collect weapons to unlock legends” plastics are in need of beautification

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

valkyrie and “collect weapons to unlock legends” plastics are in need of beautification

Yep, Valkyrie could use a make over. Thanks.

#23 2 years ago

Looks great. Just purchased all these mods. Interested in what you do with the Valkarye and the ship. Any sneak peaks?

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Looks great. Just purchased all these mods. Interested in what you do with the Valkarye and the ship. Any sneak peaks?

Thanks so much we appreciate your interest and support. Hoping to have a few items added soon just been playing this game so much hard to stop and work. Lol

1 week later
#25 2 years ago

you should make a package deal for the entire set of mods

#26 2 years ago

As someone who is probably going to get a classic, I’m really stoked about your mods. Keep it up, can’t wait to see what you’ve got coming….

X2 on a bundle, especially to bring the classic up to (and past?) the deluxe.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you should make a package deal for the entire set of mods

Contact him to see if he can.

LTG : )

1 week later
#28 2 years ago

Great looking mods so far! I'm considering purchasing this game and I agree with those who'd like to see a more detailed boat and skull pile. And the plastics are terrible. I'd ditch the female warrior plastic that was over the ramp completely. Where you moved her to (over the crossbow art), I'd put a "wood-carved" sign with the exact same text, and have crossbow bolts sticking out of it. Maybe a crossbow facing it, floating over the upper flipper. A kraken sculpt over the right ramp would be awesome too, as long as you can still see the Club insert. Finally, a 3-D sculpt of whatever that thing is on the back plastic that feeds the boat lock would be sweet, as would the snake to the left of the upper flipper and the wolf and dragon over the slings.

Just spitballin'...

#29 2 years ago

Mods look killer. Love the detail. Gotta have em. I’m in!

#30 2 years ago

Any update on a ship mod?

2 weeks later
#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Enter the gates of Valhalla to join Odin on his quest! Introducing the Gates of Valhalla ramp Mod! Highly detailed and hand painted. This sculpted arch enters you up the ramp to meet Odin. Enter if you dare! Available now from our website store or Pinside Market place.
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will this fit the valkyrie ramp?

4 weeks later
#32 2 years ago

These look awesome! Nice job, modCouple!!

#33 2 years ago

Just ordered them ,not a big fan of flipper toppers or shooter plates on games but the rest look great,now just need my game to arrive in Australia.
If the quality of these are as good as your POTC and Hobbit mods Im sure I will be happy.

3 weeks later
#34 2 years ago

So I installed my mods for LOV today and here are my thoughts:

I have never bought flipper toppers before. The stock white flippers from AP are not a good visual fit in my opinion. Adding the sword flipper toppers is a very nice touch.

The floating skull is very cool. I put it in the location identified by the mod couple.

The skull pile with Thor’s hammer is also a nice touch. I moved it around to several spots in the game before finally deciding. I did not want to cover up any art so I put it on the clear plastic above the boat ramp behind the floating skull. I bent the wire to Lower the skull a bit and I am satisfied how it came out.

Odin’s arch is also cool but it is only attached by two way tape on the bottom of the arch. Not a lot of surface area to keep it in place. Will see how it holds up. One thing. The arc sits on two piece of play field plastics. Left and right side of Odin’s ramp. The two plastics are not level to each other so when you apply it the left side is lower than the right. The top of the arch slopes down to the left. Before you apply the arch, you way want to put a couple of washers underneath the plastic on the left to level it out. Recommend you do not apply the two way tape until you check it out.

Ah the boat house!!!! Spent the most time on it but it came out really well.

First piece of advice: DO NOT APPLY THE TWO WAY TAPE TO HOLD THE BOAT HOUSE IN PLACE UNTIL YOU KNOW IF YOUR DONE WITH ALL THE WIRING!!!!!!!

I was lucky not to secure the boat house until I was done and it payed off. It will be a pain as once attached, have to pull both playfield plastics to move the boat house.

Put everything in place and did not like the spot light in front of the boat house like in the pics above. So I moved it to behind the boat house on the opposite side. There is plenty of excess wire to do this.

This did three things.
1) hide the spot so the player can not see it. Does not interfere with ball travel on the ramp. I did boost it up about 1/4 inch with spacers to make sure.

2) you can see the spinner shot a lot better!

3) removed the piece of plastic with the warrior in front of the boat house ramp all together. You can see the left most orbit MUCH better. Cool art and I believe it helps making the shot, as you can see the path.

Seeing the spinner shot and left orbit improve the game dramatically IMHO.

Lastly, the red LEDs in the boat house were in the inside back wall. Did not like the reflection off the stainless ramp, so I relocated to the front wall in the inside. The LEDs now shine up the ramp and away from the player. Much better IMHO.

Overall nice touches and I really like how the two shots on the side of the boat house ramp have visually opened up

16DD0155-7A07-4A39-A3D8-72131B5F1C88 (resized).jpeg16DD0155-7A07-4A39-A3D8-72131B5F1C88 (resized).jpeg5E7A680F-9E3E-4F4A-9A9E-84C763644DBF (resized).jpeg5E7A680F-9E3E-4F4A-9A9E-84C763644DBF (resized).jpeg60FA3B40-CFE2-441A-9FD6-17C0BD6A6F4E (resized).jpeg60FA3B40-CFE2-441A-9FD6-17C0BD6A6F4E (resized).jpegEAE933FD-7891-4CF9-B780-523F0E985020 (resized).jpegEAE933FD-7891-4CF9-B780-523F0E985020 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#35 1 year ago

Any more mods coming? Would love to see what you do with the ship.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So I installed my mods for LOV today and here are my thoughts:
I have never bought flipper toppers before. The stock white flippers from AP are not a good visual fit in my opinion. Adding the sword flipper toppers is a very nice touch.
The floating skull is very cool. I put it in the location identified by the mod couple.
The skull pile with Thor’s hammer is also a nice touch. I moved it around to several spots in the game before finally deciding. I did not want to cover up any art so I put it on the clear plastic above the boat ramp behind the floating skull. I bent the wire to Lower the skull a bit and I am satisfied how it came out.
Odin’s arch is also cool but it is only attached by two way tape on the bottom of the arch. Not a lot of surface area to keep it in place. Will see how it holds up. One thing. The arc sits on two piece of play field plastics. Left and right side of Odin’s ramp. The two plastics are not level to each other so when you apply it the left side is lower than the right. The top of the arch slopes down to the left. Before you apply the arch, you way want to put a couple of washers underneath the plastic on the left to level it out. Recommend you do not apply the two way tape until you check it out.
Ah the boat house!!!! Spent the most time on it but it came out really well.
First piece of advice: DO NOT APPLY THE TWO WAY TAPE TO HOLD THE BOAT HOUSE IN PLACE UNTIL YOU KNOW IF YOUR DONE WITH ALL THE WIRING!!!!!!!
I was lucky not to secure the boat house until I was done and it payed off. It will be a pain as once attached, have to pull both playfield plastics to move the boat house.
Put everything in place and did not like the spot light in front of the boat house like in the pics above. So I moved it to behind the boat house on the opposite side. There is plenty of excess wire to do this.
This did three things.
1) hide the spot so the player can not see it. Does not interfere with ball travel on the ramp. I did boost it up about 1/4 inch with spacers to make sure.
2) you can see the spinner shot a lot better!
3) removed the piece of plastic with the warrior in front of the boat house ramp all together. You can see the left most orbit MUCH better. Cool art and I believe it helps making the shot, as you can see the path.
Seeing the spinner shot and left orbit improve the game dramatically IMHO.
Lastly, the red LEDs in the boat house were in the inside back wall. Did not like the reflection off the stainless ramp, so I relocated to the front wall in the inside. The LEDs now shine up the ramp and away from the player. Much better IMHO.
Overall nice touches and I really like how the two shots on the side of the boat house ramp have visually opened up
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you wire the boat house?

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I will have to go back and look, but it was to the point under neath the play field recommended by the Mod Couple.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I will have to go back and look, but it was to the point under neath the play field recommended by the Mod Couple.

I didn’t see any recommendations in the packaging and they never responded to my PM asking the same question. A photo would be great whenever you’re under there again.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Jammed them into the pointed out connector. I did find the info somewhere in the mod couple instructions

17788568-7A79-4F2B-9818-AFD7FBD28433 (resized).jpeg17788568-7A79-4F2B-9818-AFD7FBD28433 (resized).jpeg1E38F1D9-EC37-4E83-8F4F-086F670B810C (resized).jpeg1E38F1D9-EC37-4E83-8F4F-086F670B810C (resized).jpeg86E67669-C169-48DB-BAC5-2587CBD3A842 (resized).jpeg86E67669-C169-48DB-BAC5-2587CBD3A842 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-custom-mod-collection-themodcouple?hl=athlete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.