Hello all! I figured I'd finally move my build log over to pinside since my game is finally getting somewhere. Some of you maybe have seen this at SFGE the last two years. This summer it will be there again but fully playable. Most of you know the story here. Gottlieb's Gladiators was meant to be a Legend of Zelda table but the project got shifted around several times. All that remained of Zelda was the Gladiators playfield. Years ago, I contacted Jon Norris asking for a little input from him and he told me the SNES classic was to be the source theme. I love A Link to the Past and it's my personal favorite Zelda game, so I went for it. I started this project not knowing what I was getting into, never having once coded anything in my life. I'm going to skim over a lot of the boring stuff that happened in the first few years but I have plenty of pictures and links to share. Just last week, a group of friends and I streamed it to find bugs and boy did we.
My game is written in Python, read in MPF and uses FAST pinball boards.
I obtained the cabinet in May of 2015. Slowly, I began removing everything from the playfield and cabinet. It took me a long time to get the FAST boards wired because I did it incorrectly at least twice. It also took me a long time to think of new rules to apply to the original Gladiators playfield layout/inserts. My vision has morphed and evolved over the years and now it's in a place that I am pretty happy with.
Here are some videos of the machine in action, and lastly, I will post a link to the stream from last week which is 4 hours of gameplay. My hope is to stream again a few more times before SFGE to hammer out all the bugs and get the game to a solid state.