IMG_2632 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
pinball head (resized).jpg
IMG_2559 (resized).JPG
IMG_2558 (resized).JPG
IMG_2483 (resized).JPG
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

Oh! Here's an image of it all together.

Full LoC Table Prototype with Colorized Rough Sketch Backglass and Rough Sketch PlayfieldFull LoC Table Prototype with Colorized Rough Sketch Backglass and Rough Sketch Playfield

This table has come far from its humble origins, I'd say.

#52 6 years ago

Very cool! Keep up the good work.

Good example of how small increments of progress is a productive approach to get a project done. Seems like you e got a good dad.

#53 6 years ago

Great work! I love your themed ramps and the castle back wall. Overall very nice project

-Jim

#54 6 years ago

Hey. This isn't really an update, but I figured this little tidbit I noticed was interesting, so I might as well show you.
Look at it shine.Look at it shine.
The art looks really good from an angle... Well, specifically the title.
It isn't anything technical, but it is still really cool.
It just shines and sticks out, which is a neat effect.

#55 6 years ago

Another progress update. We are looking at how o do the lighting on the playfield and the back box. Here is our current concept for the play field. It needs more lights but is a start. We plan on using multicolor LED's for the lights themselves so we can vary the color.

LOC beginning of the light designLOC beginning of the light design

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from matirwin:

Another progress update. We are looking at how o do the lighting on the playfield and the back box. Here is our current concept for the play field. It needs more lights but is a start. We plan on using multicolor LED's for the lights themselves so we can vary the color.

Looking good. I like the inserts in the sword, looks like you can have something charging up for a good bonus.

#57 6 years ago

Very nice work! I am a big fan of the Arthurian legends and medieval themes in general, so the first shot with crenelated ramps had me.

Keep it up!

1 week later
#58 6 years ago

Here is an image of the newly printed ramp with the ball diverter mechanism. This will sit behind the castle and drop the balls into the vertical up kicker that will send the balls out from under the castle drawbridge in multi ball.
IMG_0446 (resized).JPGIMG_0446 (resized).JPG

The bottom of the mechanism is still to be printed. We printed this in silver but it will be painted to match the rest of the castle. We really need a 24"x24" x 10" 3d printer....... But since we do not have one we are still assembling it from pieces we can print.

1 week later
#59 6 years ago

We now have the final version of the backglass art and I wanted to post that progress. We have printed it on plain paper for now but it will be printed on backlight material in the near future. This picture does not do the artwork justice actually.... but I could not get better one.
IMG_0493 (resized).JPGIMG_0493 (resized).JPG

Now on to the playfield art!

#60 6 years ago

Another quick update. Here is the first cut of the art actually on the playfield. Lights not done yet obviously and there are a few slight tweaks to the image positions to be done (Actually they are already some changes but I have not yet reprinted out the playfield art.

Here is where we are just as a reference.

Playfield-initial color (resized).pngPlayfield-initial color (resized).png

The dragon and Morgana are going to shift positions slightly but this gives a good idea of where we are. The artist (Stephanie) did an amazing job in our opinion.

#61 6 years ago

Here is another update with the newly moved dragon. I will most likely retime the spinner to match Morgana as well as redo the plastics on the slingshots. The plastics are just sitting on top of the paper printout I did of the art but we were all anxious to see what it looked like!

IMG_0496 (resized).JPGIMG_0496 (resized).JPG
IMG_0500 (resized).JPGIMG_0500 (resized).JPG

A big thanks go to Stephanie at https://www.offbeatworlds.com for her awesome artwork! Our next steps are to finalize placement of the lights on the play field , finish the play field art install and reassemble so the game is flipping again! Its starting to look like an actual machine.

#62 6 years ago

Super cool. Keep it up.

#63 6 years ago

Yes, looks great keep up the good work. The back wall is one of my favorite parts of the design. Love it!

-Jim

3 weeks later
#64 6 years ago

Here is another update. Little work on the physical table has gone on as I have been on vacation for the last few weeks. We did get the rough side art in from Stephanie and I have placed it on the game as a test. Here are the results.

IMG_2388 (resized).JPGIMG_2388 (resized).JPG

IMG_2384 (resized).JPGIMG_2384 (resized).JPG

I have the front as well but have yet to test that out.

3 weeks later
#65 6 years ago

I wanted to send an update on where we were with the machine. We have the play field out for easier access as we installed the artwork and lights.

IMG_2430 (resized).JPGIMG_2430 (resized).JPG

Still have plenty to do but its starting to come together.

A big thanks to Stephanie Brown again for the artwork!

1 week later
#66 6 years ago

Here is the bracket that we created to mount the RGB led's. Now to print and mount them all.

FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#67 6 years ago

Another update. We continue to work on little things (lights , graphics, etc.) and although it does not look like we made a ton of progress we have been steadily moving forward. Here is what the table looks like currently.

IMG_2483 (resized).JPGIMG_2483 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago

I love seeing these updates!

#69 6 years ago

Just seen this thread. What an awesome project. Looks great.

1 week later
#70 6 years ago

Another update. Here we have the new background image (still need to align it) and a few pics of the led's in different colors.

IMG_2559 (resized).JPGIMG_2559 (resized).JPGIMG_2558 (resized).JPGIMG_2558 (resized).JPG

#71 6 years ago

Here is the head with the new art for the speaker panel.

pinball head (resized).jpgpinball head (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago

Here is a link of the lights running and the game starting (I was holding the camera and drained the ball on launch but it shows the basics)

Better link to follow later.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from matirwin:

Here is the head with the new art for the speaker panel.

Looking great, I love the artwork around the speakers - no detail missed!

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from matirwin:

Here is a link of the lights running and the game starting (I was holding the camera and drained the ball on launch but it shows the basics) » YouTube video Better link to follow later.

Couldn't tell from that angle, does the ball launch have issues draining or does it go to a flipper and you just didn't flip because you were filming? Is there a skill shot with that?

Looking great, I'm sure it must feel nice to see all the lights going and the game playing

#75 6 years ago

Looks great! Kids doing a great job!

Question: Are y'all adding any general illumination to it other than the LED inserts already present?

#76 6 years ago

Just came across this and think you guys have really done great! I like the design and all the family time involved. Looking forward to the end result.
-Mike

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from etlandfill:

Couldn't tell from that angle, does the ball launch have issues draining or does it go to a flipper and you just didn't flip because you were filming? Is there a skill shot with that?
Looking great, I'm sure it must feel nice to see all the lights going and the game playing

Yes it hits the flipper and I could not get to the flipper fast enough with my and as the camera was in my other. I will take a video with my son playing once he gets home. There will be a skill shot to hit the ramp but that has not been programmed yet. My older son is still working on the modes and that part. It's really cool to see it progress.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Looks great! Kids doing a great job!
Question: Are y'all adding any general illumination to it other than the LED inserts already present?

Yes. We are adding general illumination to the pop bumpers and below the plastics and behind the backglass but that is still to wire. The holes are drilled for it and the bulbs are in the pop bumpers already at least. It's taking us a while and we are all learning as we go. The kids are already talking about a second copy so they each can have one.... but that copy should go faster, I hope.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from matirwin:

Yes. We are adding general illumination to the pop bumpers and below the plastics and behind the backglass but that is still to wire. The holes are drilled for it and the bulbs are in the pop bumpers already at least. It's taking us a while and we are all learning as we go. The kids are already talking about a second copy so they each can have one.... but that copy should go faster, I hope.

Ah, cool! Well, you know, if you already have the artist and whatnot, and you end up doing two versions so each has one, what you could do is have two different backglasses with the knight being each kid.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Ah, cool! Well, you know, if you already have the artist and whatnot, and you end up doing two versions so each has one, what you could do is have two different backglasses with the knight being each kid.

That is a good idea! That would be the easiest thing to change on the second one.

1 week later
#81 6 years ago

Here are the newly printed plastics. We now have plastics around the slingshots and outlines. We will reprint the lane guides in grey most likely as the yellow is a bit harsh as well as replace the flippers and rubbers with another color.
IMG_2632 (resized).JPGIMG_2632 (resized).JPG

We also have plastics made for in front of the castle. We now have a moat surrounding the castle and the drawbridge makes more sense.

IMG_2633 (resized).JPGIMG_2633 (resized).JPG

And finally here is a wider shot of the game running in attract mode.

IMG_2635 (resized).JPGIMG_2635 (resized).JPG

Still more stuff plus odds and ends to do. (Software additions, play testing, adjust flippers, wire the GI lights, tweaks here and there) We realize that is probably the next 50% of the build........ But the machine is pretty functional at this point and with the glass on it looks like a real pinball machine... We are also reprinting the plastics in a darker grey. not sure what color will stay light grey is just paint so can always go that route again.

More to come.....

#82 6 years ago

Awesome! Lots of grey though.
Don't you need some medieval flags and banners on the battlements?

#83 6 years ago

Your very creative i like that.
Looks fun.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from MasterMek:

Awesome! Lots of grey though.
Don't you need some medieval flags and banners on the battlements?

We actually do have flags (they are in some of the old pics) just did not put them back in yet.

There is a bunch of grey because of the castle but hoping other things break it up.

1 month later
#85 6 years ago

Here is the current status. We have not had a ton of time to work on it because of my older sons schedule has been so busy. We have now installed art on the apron, have a plastic (needing art still) next to the pop bumpers, and are beginning to convert the piece on the left side from a castle wall to a stable. (mostly printed but not painted yet) We have also tweaked some of the mechanics and changed some scoring and modes around. MPF .50 is in beta so we assume that we will be switching to that soon as well.
IMG_2911 (resized).jpgIMG_2911 (resized).jpg

#86 6 years ago

Looking good! What's that to the left of the left ramp? Individual drop target or a spinner?

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from etlandfill:

Looking good! What's that to the left of the left ramp? Individual drop target or a spinner?

Single drop target. There is a drop post on the other side of the orbit (hidden under the moat plastics) to prevent a ball from being stuck behind it.

2 months later
#88 6 years ago

Been a while since I have put an update in . Here is the current status of the table. We have been working on tweaks to the programming and the design. The castle is now being painted (my wife is doing that task) and we have artwork on the inside of the cabinet.

IMG_3263 (resized).jpgIMG_3263 (resized).jpg

IMG_3261 (resized).jpgIMG_3261 (resized).jpgIMG_3262 (resized).jpgIMG_3262 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#89 6 years ago

Here is a quick video we made showing the "Lady of the Lake" ball save function.

#90 6 years ago

Nice ball save!

#91 6 years ago

That's a cool way to do a ball save. Looks great!

-Jim

#92 6 years ago

Very cool ball save, genius!

#93 6 years ago

Very cool! Nice work!

3 weeks later
#94 6 years ago

Here is the current status of the machine. We keep tweaking things here and there mechanically as well as with the game itself. My sons have recorded some music to go along with the game but that has yet to be added. Here is a current picture.
IMG_3347 (resized).jpgIMG_3347 (resized).jpg

And here is a video of my son playing the game. He is trying (quite well I might add) to make the "Collect knights" shot (his backhand shot is much better than mine) . We have artwork for each knight that we will popup on the display as they are collected. (also on the to-do list)

1 week later
#95 6 years ago

We have added some lighting behind the castle towers and in the castle itself. We used the flame effect lights from comet pinball. It really adds to the castle.
885F427A-92D3-47DB-998C-EA856F7E9E49 (resized).jpeg885F427A-92D3-47DB-998C-EA856F7E9E49 (resized).jpeg

8 months later
#96 5 years ago

any updates on the game, with music, sounds etc.

keen to see a video when done.

1 month later
#97 5 years ago

Here is a video of the game.

I hope to bring it to Allentown Pinfest this year completed.

#98 5 years ago

Very cool project!

#99 5 years ago

great work and great to hear that your kids got involved

I updated you on the homebrew for the first one to a fairly completed state for 2019
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrew-pinball-games-released-2016-to-current#post-4197288

#100 5 years ago

Thanks! I hope to have it moved to the completed state soon. (though completed does not mean it does not get updates once its done of course)

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legend-of-camelot/page/2?hl=jeremy8419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.