forest-gump-beard-1 (resized).jpg
peacock (resized).jpg
Thanos (resized).jpg
B012822B-DFBC-4C5A-8714-FB81A396CF65 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5112 (resized).JPG
2xg057 (resized).jpg
preview.jpg
1D0AF766-C76B-4392-B6D2-1F8C735C0FBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_ric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 5 years ago

I don't think people fully understand just how much of a shit show Austin driving, public transit and downtown parking is these days. Back in the day there was lots of parking choices and even free city parking. The free parking as a bit of a walk but it existed. Now that free parking lot is a paid lot. A lot of the old "cheap" $5 parking lots are just flat gone with buildings in their place now. The parking garages that used to be somewhat reasonable are $15-20 or more. The meters downtown are pretty cheap except that I've personally driving around where I was trying to go for over an hour just trying to find a spot to park. Downtown Austin is a fucking catastrophe these days.

We basically have 2 options for public transit. I don't have personal experience with either of them but I've known others that have. A rail line that will get you into downtown but from there you could be walking quite a ways to get to where you're going. Then there is Capital Metro buses. Typically when I've known people who have used the bus they basically have to tack on an extra like 2 hours to their travel to get where they're going.

Austin has not invested into parking or transit and has instead let corporations basically dictate how things go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_ric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legal-advice-jury-duty?tu=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.