forest-gump-beard-1 (resized).jpg
peacock (resized).jpg
Thanos (resized).jpg
B012822B-DFBC-4C5A-8714-FB81A396CF65 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5112 (resized).JPG
2xg057 (resized).jpg
preview.jpg
1D0AF766-C76B-4392-B6D2-1F8C735C0FBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I can't wait to find out what happens when OP finds out they don't pay for lunch ...

But they actually pay you distance-based travel allowance from your registered address to the courthouse. You can use this to defray vehicle costs and parking, or public transport costs or the costs related to having a friend take you there & back etc.

They go crazy explaining parking for a reason. You can pay a few bucks or pay more than your travel allowance for parking if you're not careful.

Although they don't tell you about the reimbursement, it's a nice surprise later. I once sat on a six week jury trial.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

You also have to pay for the gas and maintenance on your car for the miles to get to the court house. How DARE they make you pay for this. It is an injustice the likes of which have never been seen in all of history

Do any of the parking garages have Tesla charging stations there?

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's seeking "advice" like the lunatic on the street corner is providing advice about how constructing a hat from tin foil and old watermelon rinds will help us keep the government from probing our knowledge of the secret UFO research facility in a bunker below the Chuck E. Cheese at the paramus mall in Jersey.

I heard it was moved to beneath the Bergen Town Center.....

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Zitt be thankful you don't have to drive through Georgia to get to the court house.

Cost my son aboot a grand to drive 15 over in the peach state. That was for an attorney, fine & court fees. No points or entry on driving record. Otherwise it would have been $1150.00 and an entry on his record. He would have got their lovely "Super Speeder" separate ticket in the mail a few weeks after he thought he was all done with them.

As soon as he told me about his little incident in Tifton, I had him get in touch with an Attorney. Money well spent.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Took a shortcut to avoid them.

Is this the OP protesting the parking charges for Jury Duty?

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That reminds me of when I picked up my first pinball machine. I had to drive some toll roads on my way back with my first pinball machine. I couldn't believe how much pulling a trailer increased the cost.

The Illinois Tollway gives you no IPass/EZPass discount when pulling a trailer and basically the toll is triple of what a single passenger car/light duty truck toll is.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You were a total prick to my face at Expo years ago and this thread does nothing to dissuade my impression. You must be exhausting to be around for any length of time.
There’s been some research showing that being angry and bitter makes people live longer. You’ll probably live to 120.
I have a sneaking suspicion that you won’t actually do jack shit when it comes down to the wire, like most keyboard commandos. I look forward to being proven wrong when you post from jail, though.
Go Zitt!

I'll bet it was the year He brought his reverse image Star Wars ( or Star Trek?) machine to ExPo. My son & I were looking at it and he asked us if knew Mike Pacak. We said yes to which he launched into a tirade bellowing what an ass Mike is and that he will never return to the show etc. Instead of playing his backwards machine, we walked away.

Fortunately for the op, this was at the Westin. Imagine if it was the Wyndam or Ramada where he would have been required to pay to park

I guess he could have walked the machine there from Texas or Oregon to save on parking fees.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Last post ill make on this subject
[quoted image]

Did you walk, get dropped off, use public transit, park for free or pay to park?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legal-advice-jury-duty?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.