forest-gump-beard-1 (resized).jpg
peacock (resized).jpg
Thanos (resized).jpg
B012822B-DFBC-4C5A-8714-FB81A396CF65 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5112 (resized).JPG
2xg057 (resized).jpg
preview.jpg
1D0AF766-C76B-4392-B6D2-1F8C735C0FBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VacFink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The fact that I'm actually spending MY MONEY to support this persons' trial isn't at all setting well with me. and frankly; it shouldn't set well with you.

I'm not sure I can see the logic. The point of civil service, in my opinion, is to contribute to the mechanisms that support a free a fair society. There are costs to that that aren't just dollars and cents. I personally wouldn't put conditions this small and petty against my appreciation for the fact that we have this liberty and a system that protects it.

If its a financial strain to park, then its certainly a financial strain to participate and the court has provisions for that.

However we all know what opinions are like, so here's the advice you asked for originally. Call the court on Monday and find out what they want to do about it, because you might already have a summons for failure to attend and you'll certainly have to pay to park that day. That is unless you get a free ride from a trooper from a jail cell.

It's one thing to disagree with the government, another to disobey.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's the principle. I'm not f*ing paying the city (or parking structure management company)

Here's an interesting question you may not have considered. Would you rather they take more tax dollars to support convenience parking for court activities? This is what it comes down to ultimately. They could pay or provide a free dedicated parking area, but all of that would come from tax dollars. Instead with the taxes approved by voters, they make decisions where to spend money. It would seem they prioritize other things, like judges, guards, those cool wavy wands that stop those sneaky types from bringing in knives and guns into the building. I recon I agree with that for the most part. I mean sure, if you can afford it, water slides and cheeseburger canon's would be nice too. But if your on a budget and you do what you can do. It may not be popular, but they recognize people need to park, its not in scope with the money on hand, so that's the option.

You see very strongly opinionated about this cost, however how does it align to your last municipal tax vote? That's rhetorical only to make point that all things govt can be changed with the right kind of effort and if your passion leads you to run or be engaged in support of those we elect, more power to you!. Maybe on day we'll see a "I voted so we can all park with dignity...so we can park for free!" I think its catchy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VacFink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legal-advice-jury-duty?tu=VacFink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.