forest-gump-beard-1 (resized).jpg
peacock (resized).jpg
Thanos (resized).jpg
B012822B-DFBC-4C5A-8714-FB81A396CF65 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5112 (resized).JPG
2xg057 (resized).jpg
preview.jpg
1D0AF766-C76B-4392-B6D2-1F8C735C0FBB (resized).jpeg
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So it's my civic duty to pay Parking fees to some corporation to the privilege to serve on a jury?
When it's clear by TheHueManatee 's two links that both the federal government and the state government do re-imburse for these fees.
I'm pretty sure that when I last did jury duty in Oregon... they also re-imbursed for parking.
I'm really have a real issue with this whole "civic duty" argument when I've already stated I was PERFECTLY OK serving until that bullcrap email came to me indicating that parking wasn't covered.

By extension, this isn’t far off from the guy who ended up shot because he got pulled over for a parking ticket. The dude argued that the cop stopped him unnecessarily and wouldn’t give his license or registration. He was warned multiple times that he would get arrested over a stupid parking ticket. He ends up wrestling the cop to the ground in traffic when the cop is trying to remove him from the car and get shot by another cop. So, a $35 parking ticket ends up in getting shot.

You have to pay for parking and you cite this as a reason for not serving jury duty. This could escalate into a bench warrant and eventual arrest with that now on your record. Are you really thinking clearly? Besides, you’ve already said you can afford it if it was for something YOU found valuable, like pinball, etc. The fact that YOU don’t see a person’s right to a jury by their peers as valuable to you says volumes about you as a person. None of what it says is positive. And I’m saying this not trying to insult you, but the fact is that this is a petty, bad look. Remember.... freedom isn’t free (nor is it completely paid for by your taxes).

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Patentlaw:

To all the other rednecks from Texas on here.....
See! It worked. We kept all the pot heads out!

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............................

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Garland rat, I wouldn’t piss on Plano if it were on fire.

I grew up in Plano, and I wouldn't. I'm sorry, but Plano, at least from 25 years ago to today...is full of self righteous twits. The school system was an absolute abomination for people like me that did not fit into a very specific mold, and they didn't give two shits if I succeeded or failed. Their answer to things like not being able to run track? Run harder. Teacher didn't bother explaining the fundamentals of a major part of algebra because they spent every single day answering dumb questions that any idiot should've known two years before that during time they were supposed to be ACTUALLY TEACHING THINGS FOR THAT GRADE LEVEL.... tough shit, better hope your parents know how to teach it. Getting the shit harassed out of you and beat up for being the overweight nerd kid, and you finally punch the fu--er back? Yep, out-of-school suspension for you and nothing for the ass that did much worse for months beforehand.

Also, west Plano is the worst goddamn tippers known to man. Like seriously, I could deliver a pizza from Independence and Legacy all the way to EDS, like 20+ pies west of the tollway (That's a HUGE delivery area..probably why that Domino's location closed!), and those asshats would not tip at all. Same for Dr. Pepper corporate building.

Screw everything about Plano...

#154 5 years ago

If the law does not require employers to pay wages to employees serving jury duty, and the government doesn't reimburse those lost wages, what makes you think the govt is going to pay for all your incidentals for showing up?

I always thought the jury pay during the selection period was to help compensate for incidentals like parking, gas, lunch, bus, taxi, or uber. Even though it's a pathetic amount, everyone has different incidentals, so the pay is for however you need to use it. It's not your "thank you," "reward," or compensation for your time. Those are given verbally by the judge when you're dismissed.

#155 5 years ago

STOP WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS.
I haven't attacked a single one of you - I expect you to follow community guidelines.
I haven't made this political. Haven't called any of your libitards or conservawacksados… so let's try and keep this civil.
Someone said something (I thought) about Allentown but it must have been edited between then and now as I can't find it.
I've never been to Allentown … I don't even know what a liberty buck is... so clearly that's someone else.

Quoted from jwilson:

You were a total prick to my face at Expo years ago and this thread does nothing to dissuade my impression. You must be exhausting to be around for any length of time.

Personal attack.
Sorry; your butthurt about the Expo thing. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about w/ regards to expo... but if you actually took the time to make sure you were talking to the correct person; you'd probably find out you weren't right. On the possibility I was a "prick" to you... I don't know what to say. That rarely happens to anyone but I won't even pretend it didn't happen because I honestly don't know what your talking about. I can make excuses; but I just don't see the point.

If you want to discuss this via PM; feel free. Otherwise; keep your personal attacks to yourself.

Quoted from grantopia:

I went for our county like 2 weeks ago and you get some minimal (25? 27?)

For Day 1; the "pay" is $6. That doesn't cover Parking; much less food or gas.

Quoted from VacFink:

. Would you rather they take more tax dollars to support convenience parking for court activities? This is what it comes down to ultimately.

As I stated; yes - within reason. Platifs / defendants / judges / staff should all have to pay their own parking. This is no different than a Employee whom works downtown... it's the cost of being an employee at the courthouse / downtown.

However, The juror's whom are there to do their civic duty should NOT have to fund parking in the courthouse. Obviously; I'm in the minority; but something I feel very strongly about.

Quoted from robotron911:

By extension, this isn’t far off from the guy who ended up shot because he got pulled over for a parking ticket.

Never going to happen in this case. Will I make an appropriate scene during jury selection… sure.. but not so much as I'm going to be held in contempt by the judge. Apparently; I'm radical... but not that radical.

Quoted from Sparky:

reimburse those lost wages, what makes you think the govt is going to pay for all your incidentals for showing up?

IDK... why don't you go read the two pages posted on Post#8. That's what I expect.
I don't expect lost wages; or meals; or whatever. I'm not going to get in semantics with you. That said; The county had free parking spaces at some time... Let's just assume they had land. The bean counters / politicians decided... hey; you know what'd be cool... let's make money from everyone and convert the free parking to paid parking and sell it to the highest bidder then use that revenue to fund something else. That's fine... but personally; I don't think it's right for them to require Jurors attend jury duty and not comp the parking fee. That's really not hard to understand is it?

Quoted from robotron911:

The fact that YOU don’t see a person’s right to a jury by their peers as valuable to you says volumes about you as a person

I never said that. I stated up front that I support Jury Duty and that I was perfectly fine severing until they told me I'd be out of pocket for parking. I'm glad you're ok with being told how to spend the money you earned. I'm not.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Please record this conversation and post here.

Great advice. Record a privileged conversation in the court room. U know; just because I appear to have a crazy notation about what is fair doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to take the advice by some of you guys here. I can think of a couple of posts that just weren't one point as being funny. but whateves.

#157 5 years ago

“What you are about to witness is real. The participants are not actors. They are the actual people who have already either filed suit or been served a summons to appear in a ... municipal court. Both parties in the suit have agreed to dismiss their court cases and have their disputes settled here, in our forum: The Pinside Court”

B012822B-DFBC-4C5A-8714-FB81A396CF65 (resized).jpegB012822B-DFBC-4C5A-8714-FB81A396CF65 (resized).jpeg
#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Fucking Texans man..

#159 5 years ago

If you want the right to vote in this country, one should remember there is a price to pay. That’s right. Jury duty parking fees

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Looking for some realistic legal advice (or supportive and/or cooler heads) regarding jury duty here in the State of Texas. To be specific; I fully understand and respect that it's my civil duty to serve the community as a juror. This is not the issue - it all comes down to what is right and what is not.
Basically; I was summoned to jury duty on Wed of this month. (IE 3/27/2019) with less than a month's notice. To that end; I followed the "online juror" system where it asked a bunch of questions seemingly randomly selecting me to serve on the 450th District Court on the 8th of April. I was fine with this... and had no concerns.
This changed today when I got the week in advanced reminder about serving today at 6pm. That when I sent a very strongly worded email back to the travis county jury account stating that I wouldn't be reporting for jury duty. Let me explain.
The form email to me today stated the following (I'll trim it down to only relevant portions):
==quote==
VERY IMPORTANT: Please confirm receipt of your assignment by replying to this email stating your full name. 
Dear Juror:
Thank you for completing the summons response.  Unless otherwise instructed, you must report for jury duty service on the anticipated report date/time listed above.  Failing to report may result in the court issuing a Show Cause Order requiring you to appear in court to explain your reason for your failure to report for jury duty service.
2.      Reserved juror parking is not available.  You are encouraged to use public transportation (CapMetro http://capmetro.org/) or other available means of transportation.  Please keep in mind that the courts are not able to validate or reimburse you for parking garage tickets (any parking garage) or reimburse towing costs, so if you park at a garage or in a space subject to towing, any fees incurred will be your responsibility.
If you use metered parking around the courthouse on the first day of your jury selection, please follow the instructions on the meter.  Here is the link for where the meters are located in downtown Austin:   https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Transportation/Parking/meter_areas_042015.pdf
If you receive a parking citation with the stated violation of “Expired Meter” or “Expired Pay Station,” it can be dismissed by the City of Austin if you turn it in to the bailiff of the court you are assigned to or, send a picture of the parking citation and email to the jury office at:  [email protected] along with your contact information.  Please submit within 5 days to avoid a late notice by the City of Austin.
Very Important!  If you receive a parking citation for any other violation other than “Expired Meter” or “Expired Pay Station” you are personally responsible for paying that ticket.  
==end quote==
This is what ended it for me.
1) Let's just state for the record right now; that my day-time employeer has no issues allowing me to serve. It's not even a concern. They will continue to pay me my salary while I serve.
2) I'm not in financial stress. I can afford to pay for parking... if it was something I needed to do. IE If it was a pinball festival... or some other recreational activity I wanted to do.
This is how I responded to that email at 6:43pm tonight:

and "signed" with my full name.
The fact of the matter is I'm funking pissed about the balls on our government... thinking they can dictate to me how *I* choose to spend my money. I pay my damn taxes... I support my community thru those takes and proudly exercise my right to vote.
What makes ZERO sense to me is how the hell the state government thinks it's their right to trample my liberties and "tax" me additionally for the "privileged" for "serving" as a juror. I know those are a lot of big words which really shouldn't be used to describe this situation... but I'm really angry at the audacity of the government.
No. I don't think this is the end of it; and no... I'm sure they'll may some bullsh1t threat to me that I really don't have a choice. But; really?! Ummm… I'm pretty sure the constitution doesn't say they have this right.
I'm sure at some point early next week I'll get an email from them. And/or I'll be forced to call them on the telephone to "discuss" this matter... but really; I'm "done" with this. If they want to issue a "Show Cause Order" - that's fine. This is just something I feel very strongly about.
So; what would you do? Yes, I know that 99% of other people would say it's far cheaper to pay for parking than to have to hire a lawyer to go against the state for contempt of court charges or whatever... but damnit... really? If I don't standup for what is right; who will?

Can you tell them you wish to walk there, and they have an obligation to provide pedestrian access from your house to the courthouse?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

As soon as a poster brings up straw man argument, you know the thread has turned to shit.

Not true.

As soon as you read the OP's heroic crusade to fight the cost of parking for jury duty, you know its gone to shit.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

In my county they pay for parking, and pay you the great sum of $12 / day. No shows get arrested. Have someone drop
you off, and pick you up. Best alternative.

Pretty much the same way in Los Angeles County. I find it hard to believe any municipality would make you pay to park, or pay without any repayment.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You were a total prick to my face at Expo years ago

Gee I cant imagine why.

#164 5 years ago

I would have stopped reading this thread, but I'm waiting to see how long it takes for Godwin's Law to take effect.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm glad you're ok with being told how to spend the money you earned. I'm not.

That's your point out of this entire thread? The US Treasury and State Governments do this every day through taxes. Are you really arguing that you'd rather the governments tax us more to cover these costs, vs paying directly for the incident incurred? I'd much rather pay the government a jury tax when I serve jury duty, versus paying a higher tax every year that may or may not go towards jury duty parking. Seems a very silly argument.

As for serving itself, it's a civic duty. One of the few we have left. There are many inconveniences that people incur to serve. You spoke of the single mom holding three jobs. You do realize, that she's likely not reimbursed for hours lost from her job, right? Or she's not reimbursed for the daycare she might have to find for her children. What if her job provides her lunch at the cafeteria, but now she has to buy her own lunch? What if she has a very strict budget for gas usage, and this drive to the courthouse will exhaust the gas she has allotted for travelling to work. You act that this parking cost is the only cost that's inconvenienced to jurors. There's a whole host of direct and indirect costs associated with jury duty, but we incur it because we as a collective citizenship have fought for the right to a jury by our peers. I think you've really lost sight of the bigger picture here.

Quoted from Zitt:

I'm really tried of all the dismissive comments here … I should have known better

Lastly, you lament about personal attacks, but you snidely did the same to the whole board. Because you've been judged by a jury of your peers, and you don't agree with the verdict, your position is "I should have known better" about the people on this board, as if we're all lacking because we don't agree with you.

#166 5 years ago
Thanos (resized).jpgThanos (resized).jpg
#167 5 years ago

Ask the court if a seat will be provided for your emotional support peacock. Just beware, if they say yes, you are gonna have to find a peacock.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from PSchwisow:

I would have stopped reading this thread, but I'm waiting to see how long it takes for Godwin's Law to take effect.

Geez... thanks for reminding me, now I'm going to have to keep reading too... for statistical reasons.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ask the court if a seat will be provided for your emotional support peacock. Just beware, if they say yes, you are gonna have to find a peacock.

You mean he's expected to have to find his own emotional support peacock for performing his civic duty!?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

You mean he's expected to have to find his own emotional support peacock for performing his civic duty!?

I think he is more worried about the single mom with three jobs, how is she supposed to find an emotional support peacock?!?!!?

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That's your point out of this entire thread? The US Treasury and State Governments do this every day through taxes. Are you really arguing that you'd rather the governments tax us more to cover these costs, vs paying directly for the incident incurred? I'd much rather pay the government a jury tax when I serve jury duty, versus paying a higher tax every year that may or may not go towards jury duty parking. Seems a very silly argument.
As for serving itself, it's a civic duty. One of the few we have left. There are many inconveniences that people incur to serve. You spoke of the single mom holding three jobs. You do realize, that she's likely not reimbursed for hours lost from her job, right? Or she's not reimbursed for the daycare she might have to find for her children. What if her job provides her lunch at the cafeteria, but now she has to buy her own lunch? What if she has a very strict budget for gas usage, and this drive to the courthouse will exhaust the gas she has allotted for travelling to work. You act that this parking cost is the only cost that's inconvenienced to jurors. There's a whole host of direct and indirect costs associated with jury duty, but we incur it because we as a collective citizenship have fought for the right to a jury by our peers. I think you've really lost sight of the bigger picture here.

Lastly, you lament about personal attacks, but you snidely did the same to the whole board. Because you've been judged by a jury of your peers, and you don't agree with the verdict, your position is "I should have known better" about the people on this board, as if we're all lacking because we don't agree with you.

I usually try to keep pretty good perspective on life but this is a good reminder and something I ran into when I had to do jury duty a few weeks back. I'm salaried so I still got paid and hung out playing my Switch and reading how to fix one of my 7 pinball machines on my iPad. Meanwhile people around me are talking about how they are missing out on a weeks pay, had to get an advance to cover their bills for the week, and a few people just had to bring their kids because they didn't have any other option. Was it annoying to have to go - sure. Did it make me feel fortunate to be able to go without having a single worry - you bet. Perspective man. You've spent the 12 bucks it'll cost you to park on balls for a pinball machine - there are people who don't have 12 bucks for food.

#172 5 years ago

I have two feelings concerning this thread

1. Fuck jury duty! What an inconvenience. I get to waste my day and lose money because someone else couldn’t figure out how to live by societies rules.

2. Where does one go for an emotional support peacock?

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

2. Where does one go for an emotional support peacock?

Sending one your way now!

peacock (resized).jpgpeacock (resized).jpg
#174 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

Haha awesome!

#175 5 years ago

If I have to go to jury duty...... I go.......

forest-gump-beard-1 (resized).jpgforest-gump-beard-1 (resized).jpg
#176 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

1. Fuck jury duty! What an inconvenience. I get to waste my day and lose money because someone else couldn’t figure out how to live by societies rules.

So much for innocent until proven guilty.

#177 5 years ago

This thread is awesome. If I had this much free time to complain about such petty stuff, I could probably quit my second job.

I admire your resolve, but holy hell, aren't there better battles to fight? Maybe crazy high property taxes, fuel taxes that are used for anything BUT roads or other dumb ass taxes like the Privilege to Work tax. Yup, we actually have one of them where I live.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You win the Internet for the day.

/EndThread

#179 5 years ago

Jury duty is not a "privilege" but a burden.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Great advice. Record a privileged conversation in the court room. U know; just because I appear to have a crazy notation about what is fair doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to take the advice by some of you guys here. I can think of a couple of posts that just weren't one point as being funny. but whateves.

I know you weren't taking me seriously. That's why I put

But whateves.

#181 5 years ago

Zitt be thankful you don't have to drive through Georgia to get to the court house.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Zitt be thankful you don't have to drive through Georgia to get to the court house.

Cost my son aboot a grand to drive 15 over in the peach state. That was for an attorney, fine & court fees. No points or entry on driving record. Otherwise it would have been $1150.00 and an entry on his record. He would have got their lovely "Super Speeder" separate ticket in the mail a few weeks after he thought he was all done with them.

As soon as he told me about his little incident in Tifton, I had him get in touch with an Attorney. Money well spent.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

I just want to know how you get the red vest on that thing.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Cost my son aboot a grand to drive 15 over in the peach state. That was for an attorney, fine & court fees. No points or entry on driving record. Otherwise it would have been $1150.00 and an entry on his record. He would have got their lovely "Super Speeder" separate ticket in the mail a few weeks after he thought he was all done with them.
As soon as he told me about his little incident in Tifton, I had him get in touch with an Attorney. Money well spent.

Georgia cops are aggressive. Tifton, Georgia cops are hyper-aggressive. Don't speed in Georgia. Florida? Keep it less than 10 over and no problem...

#185 5 years ago

If it is not delivered by registered mail they have no way to prove you received it therefore they can do nothing to you for not showing up. I have done it countless times. I have a business to run, I don't have time to go down town for what is most likely a trial for a traffic ticket, which I believe to be nothing but forced revenue enhancement in the first place. The one time I went it was because it was sent by registered mail I told them that I believed cops should be doing something more productive than hiding behind stop signs or sitting on the side of the freeway writing ticket and regardless of what was said I believed the man was innocent. The practically held the door open for me and I have never received another summons.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I usually try to keep pretty good perspective on life but this is a good reminder and something I ran into when I had to do jury duty a few weeks back. I'm salaried so I still got paid and hung out playing my Switch and reading how to fix one of my 7 pinball machines on my iPad. Meanwhile people around me are talking about how they are missing out on a weeks pay, had to get an advance to cover their bills for the week, and a few people just had to bring their kids because they didn't have any other option. Was it annoying to have to go - sure. Did it make me feel fortunate to be able to go without having a single worry - you bet. Perspective man. You've spent the 12 bucks it'll cost you to park on balls for a pinball machine - there are people who don't have 12 bucks for food.

Well stated. Perspective helps.

Wasn’t sure how to weigh in here without it sounding critical of Zitt, that wasn’t my desire.

It’s a duty that is one of the many small pieces of the United States. IMHO, it’s a necessary inconvenience.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If it is not delivered by registered mail they have no way to prove you received it therefore they can do nothing to you for not showing up. I have done it countless times. I have a business to run, I don't have time to go down town for what is most likely a trial for a traffic ticket, which I believe to be nothing but forced revenue enhancement in the first place. The one time I went it was because it was sent by registered mail I told them that I believed cops should be doing something more productive than hiding behind stop signs or sitting on the side of the freeway writing ticket and regardless of what was said I believed the man was innocent. The practically held the door open for me and I have never received another summons.

He's not trying to get out of jury duty. He's protesting the parking fee out of principle.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Let's hope that the day you need the legal system to work for you, that similar minded individuals don't circumvent the system and its integrity.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Well stated. Perspective helps.
Wasn’t sure how to weigh in here without it sounding critical of Zitt, that wasn’t my desire.
It’s a duty that is one of the many small pieces of the United States. IMHO, it’s a necessary inconvenience.

Agreed! I'll be the first to admit I won't the first guy to be labeled Mr. Patriotic but if jury duty is the "worst" thing that happens to me this month that's a good run in my book. Of all the things I want to spend energy and time complaining about it ranks pretty close to the bottom of the list. If going is really going to ruin your life and cause you this much distress just roll the dice, throw the damn thing away and be done with it.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I just want to know how you get the red vest on that thing.

It's fairly simple. It only requires 2 dudes (minimum 5'11", 220 lbs), a ratchet strap, a road flare, a can of Crisco, a Hitachi Magic Wand, and 2 pieces of Bazooka bubble gum.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It's fairly simple. It only requires 2 dudes (minimum 5'11", 220 lbs), a ratchet strap, a road flare, a can of Crisco, a Hitachi Magic Wand, and 2 pieces of Bazooka bubble gum.

What's the second piece of Bazooka bubble gum for?

#192 5 years ago

OP.....
Bro, get your lazy ass down there and do your duty.
Pay the parking, pay for your sandwich lunch, sit in traffic going home.
I have to sit on a Federal Grand Jury and lose 1 to 2 weeks of real work and several Thousand dollars.
If you can afford pinball machines, you can afford this civic duty.
Ohh, and Semper Fi, boy have I served.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

What's the second piece of Bazooka bubble gum for?

Backup

#194 5 years ago

I was having a switch matrix issue on one of my machines so I contacted the State Bar Association for advice.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

For Day 1; the "pay" is $6. That doesn't cover Parking; much less food or gas.

You now want them to pay for your food and gas?!?
What the hell dude....

#196 5 years ago

So.....what happened???

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I was having a switch matrix issue on one of my machines so I contacted the State Bar Association for advice.

This ... is ... brilliant.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So.....what happened???

He's frantically searching Craigslist for a peacock

#199 5 years ago

How much is parking per day? I bet the payment you will receive to serve on the jury will cover it.

#200 5 years ago

I've been called several times to various courts, but only made it to the courtroom once. Since I worked in downtown Fort Worth at the time just a few blocks from the county courthouse, I wore my everyday attire (a conservative suit & tie) to the courtroom. Long story short, didn't take much time at all for the defense attorney to strike me during voir dire. Let's see, a middle-aged white man with a masters degree dressed in a suit . . . probably too smart for my liking - strike! Ever since then, I always dress in a suit any time I'm summoned as I truly think this is what got me excused the time I did make it to the courtroom.

I will say this, I was really impressed by the prosecuting attorney (it was a civil case where some kid made an illegal turn and nearly killed a lady). There were probably about 50 people in the jury pool during voir dire, and he actually named every single person as he addressed them and asked 2 to 3 relevant questions of each prospective juror based upon the questionnaires we all filled out, and I never saw him once refer to his notes. Dude must have had a photographic memory. On the contrary, the defense attorney seemed to stumble all over himself. Not nearly as bad as the stuttering lawyer from My Cousin Vinney, but not too far off.

One other oddity I recall from that experience is that when the judge asked if anyone in the jury pool felt like they couldn't serve, one young guy stood up. He walked up to the bench, he and the judge smiled and chatted briefly, then he left the courtroom. Turned out he was the judge's nephew.

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legal-advice-jury-duty/page/4?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.