11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by herg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I have it in my head that the newer Stern machines (e.g., XM Pro) don't need Leg Protectors to protect the artwork.

I searched the forums but didn't see anything. Is that true or am I confused?

#2 11 years ago

Not sure when they started it, but they have metal there now to protect the decal.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. You saved me $20.

#4 11 years ago

I think it was AC/DC which had them first. At least they all came from the factory with them from the start. Not sure if a small run of another pin had them before this.

#5 11 years ago

I'm about sure that the pros will be plastic though, not metal. that's what Stern told me on this new tron run when I asked.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I think it was AC/DC which had them first.

That's right; ACDC was #1.

#7 11 years ago

my original run ACDC PRO=metal

#8 11 years ago

I was looking but I did not see a picture of the setup. Pretty sure there is one somewhere on Pinside. It is a pretty cool setup to keep the legs from tearing the side up.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from arizonabuck:

I'm about sure that the pros will be plastic though, not metal. that's what Stern told me on this new tron run when I asked.

Really?!? The most perfect solution to any issue they have come up with in >10 years, and they're going to eff with it?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leg-protector-question-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.