Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by msj2222
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

two questions, I was looking at replacing the incandescent bulbs in a funhouse. There is a mirror with all these incandescent bulbs with colored covers around them. is there something similar in the led world that would look similar? I'd keep them, but I already have enough to keep up with as is without having to change burned out bulbs.

also I replaced all the leg levelers with the same size 3" shaft, being somewhat new to all this I know some games are supposed to have less of a slope then others. So I consulted the manual, It said the slope should be btwn 6 & 7 degrees. So Figuring 6.5 would be a good compromise. I had to raise the back legs all the way up to where there was no thread left on top. It's still only at 6.25 degrees?!

I found some leveler on twisted quarter that are 4.5" not sure if I should go for those?

#2 6 years ago

Ive taken the bulb condoms off incandescents and put them on leds. It has the same look but now led'd and probably brighter.

I had my games in a garage at my old house. The backs were all the way up and the fronts were all down. I put the rubber feet on the backs for a little more height, that did the trick. But you could go with taller leg levelers, that should work.

#3 6 years ago

When I LED'd my STTNG, I used these in the Jackpot/Lock sign that's similar to the Funhouse Mirror:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1retroled.htm

The retro style makes them look similar to the incandescents, and they only have one small LED in them, so you can see it vividly when it lights up, but it's not blindlingly bright. Obviously, they just look like white plastic when they're not on, though. In STTNG, I thought it looked good, but there was only two of them. Personally, I don't like the look of the bulb condoms on the LED's for some reason.

#4 6 years ago

Are there nuts between the front legs and feet?

#5 6 years ago

got it, yeah I tried the condom method, hard to really tell the difference other then one being brighter. those damn things are super tight on the led's.

Quoted from zacaj:

Are there nuts between the front legs and feet?

yes, I guess that's something I could take out. but I still don't think it's going to account for the remaining .25 difference. the only other machine that I have that is similar is WOZ. I was able to achieve the incline but came really close to running out of thread.

thanks

#6 6 years ago

There isnt enough demand for colored capped LEDs to produce.

So one can leave incandescent with covers
Incandescent with colored glass
LED in the color desired, white or clear lens, and brightness choice.
Hand color/Stain LED cover

I have had no success in the last one....sharpies, stain glass paint, acrylic, GITD, no go for me.

I generally leave this as the last decision but stay prepped with Retros, 2 LED, 1 SMD, and 2835...clear and frosted...
and test them all. With and without condoms, as needed.

I use them all. Tommy, is colored glass incandescent, BBH is clear 1 smd, Roadshow are Retros.....
For me its the overall look, and each bulb gets a shot in each game, until Im happy.

Sorry, I suffer from LED OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

....Sorry, I suffer from LED OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)

LMAO!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have had no success in the last one....sharpies, stain glass paint, acrylic, GITD, no go for me.

I wonder if anyone has tried Plasti-Dip.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, I suffer from LED OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)

I know the feeling.

#9 6 years ago

The 6.5 degrees is the PLAYFIELD slope not the cabinet slope.

#10 6 years ago

One thing I've done on some games is led everything but the indicator bulbs. I also got colored incandescent bulbs for the indicating lights instead of going with the bulb condom on led. Ive tried it both ways and like either way.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The 6.5 degrees is the PLAYFIELD slope not the cabinet slope.

Yes, this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leg-levelers-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.