3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

125FE6EE-3454-412B-BEB0-B0A3BBA24357 (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Hello All
    I am in process of re-decaling a cabinet. I ordered the standard cabinet protectors which extend slightly from from the legs on the cabinet. I want to insure that the new decals are not wrinkled by the cabinet protectors. I have seen cabinet protectors which are slightly smaller than the legs but supposedly will not wrinkle the new decals. Is there anyone out there with some experience here that can weigh in please?

Thank you

#2 3 years ago

You don’t want to use the plastic ones that are slightly wider than the legs. Those are ok for stencilled cabs. I use the metal standoff style that are narrow and hide behind the legs but keep the legs off the decals. I’ve seen people use the metal ones with the plastic ones overtop. I never understood the value in doing that, unless you like a splash of colour around the legs?

125FE6EE-3454-412B-BEB0-B0A3BBA24357 (resized).png125FE6EE-3454-412B-BEB0-B0A3BBA24357 (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago

Exactly what Completist said. Those are the ones you want to use. I use those on stenciled cabs as well as I do not like the look of the big plastic ones.

#4 3 years ago

THe metal protectors are the way to go. Note that you still need to cut away the decal around them to avoid wrinkling. Cut close to the metal, not visible with legs installed.

#5 3 years ago

Thank you fellas. I thought the plastic ones may be an issue. Well the metal ones are in order. Don’t want to frick up the new cab artwork. Thanks again

#6 3 years ago

Just wondering, are those screw heads countersunk flush into the holes in the metal standoff protectors?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Just wondering, are those screw heads countersunk flush into the holes in the metal standoff protectors?

Yes

#8 3 years ago

I have never understood the plastic cabinet protectors. They just seem to move the "crush" area of the cabinet art farther out from the corner. Seems like it will just crease or wrinkle at the edge of the plastic instead of the edge of the leg.
    They do seem to cover up existing marks made be legs pretty well though.

#9 3 years ago

I do believe that is the purpose of the new ones that I received. They are completely under the leg and can not be seen but give just a small gap around the edge so that it does not wrinkle the new graphics. They do as they are said to do. Got mine on last eve and now I don’t have to worry about screwing up $300 new cab decals. Highly recommend!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leg-cabinet-protectors- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.