New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276017)

Leg/cabinet protectors

By GPS

64 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 61 days ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

125FE6EE-3454-412B-BEB0-B0A3BBA24357 (resized).png

#1 64 days ago

Hello All
    I am in process of re-decaling a cabinet. I ordered the standard cabinet protectors which extend slightly from from the legs on the cabinet. I want to insure that the new decals are not wrinkled by the cabinet protectors. I have seen cabinet protectors which are slightly smaller than the legs but supposedly will not wrinkle the new decals. Is there anyone out there with some experience here that can weigh in please?

Thank you

#2 64 days ago

You don’t want to use the plastic ones that are slightly wider than the legs. Those are ok for stencilled cabs. I use the metal standoff style that are narrow and hide behind the legs but keep the legs off the decals. I’ve seen people use the metal ones with the plastic ones overtop. I never understood the value in doing that, unless you like a splash of colour around the legs?

125FE6EE-3454-412B-BEB0-B0A3BBA24357 (resized).png
    #3 64 days ago

Exactly what Completist said. Those are the ones you want to use. I use those on stenciled cabs as well as I do not like the look of the big plastic ones.

#4 64 days ago

THe metal protectors are the way to go. Note that you still need to cut away the decal around them to avoid wrinkling. Cut close to the metal, not visible with legs installed.

#5 64 days ago

Thank you fellas. I thought the plastic ones may be an issue. Well the metal ones are in order. Don’t want to frick up the new cab artwork. Thanks again

#6 64 days ago

Just wondering, are those screw heads countersunk flush into the holes in the metal standoff protectors?

#7 64 days ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Just wondering, are those screw heads countersunk flush into the holes in the metal standoff protectors?

Yes

#8 64 days ago

I have never understood the plastic cabinet protectors. They just seem to move the "crush" area of the cabinet art farther out from the corner. Seems like it will just crease or wrinkle at the edge of the plastic instead of the edge of the leg.
    They do seem to cover up existing marks made be legs pretty well though.

#9 61 days ago

I do believe that is the purpose of the new ones that I received. They are completely under the leg and can not be seen but give just a small gap around the edge so that it does not wrinkle the new graphics. They do as they are said to do. Got mine on last eve and now I don’t have to worry about screwing up $300 new cab decals. Highly recommend!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 89.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.95
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 129.25
    $ 9.99
    Tools
    PinShield
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside