• Latest reply 7 years ago by P2K
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cracked corner leg (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Had to remove the legs to haul / transport machine home. Went to put legs back on and found the attached issue. Best way to repair??? Could use some advice. Do I just add a small bracket to secure two split sides or remove broken piece entirely and replace? Want it secure more than anything but would like to do it "correctly" so as not to cause further problems.

Close encounters Gottleib machine. Picked it up cheap and would like to use for home use primarily.

Any advice is appreciated. Pic of crack is attached.
thanks

cracked corner leg (resized).JPGcracked corner leg (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

It looks like the cabinet corner itself has come apart and the split is a symptom. What does the outside look like?
I think you need to use Gorilla Glue and large clamps (or a band clamp) to close up that split.

Alan

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from P2K:

It looks like the cabinet corner itself has come apart and the split is a symptom. What does the outside look like?
I think you need to use Gorilla Glue and large clamps (or a band clamp) to close up that split.
Alan

Agree, but wonder about Gorilla glue over Titebond wood glue. Gorilla for me has not been a good wood glue.

#5 7 years ago

I have found the same thing on a couple of machines. I remove the split quad section & replace with a made up quad from scrap timber (if that quad section size is unavailable). No problem to centre holes for leg bolts from the outside.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Agree, but wonder about Gorilla glue over Titebond wood glue. Gorilla for me has not been a good wood glue.

I always use titebond with wood.

#7 7 years ago

I've used both Titebond wood glue and the urethane Gorilla glue (original one that needs moisture and then it foams up). The Gorilla glue is great stuff, extremely strong on wood. I also use it when building fence gates.

Either one is good.

Alan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leg-bracket-cornet-post-cracked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.