Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I hate to put the old leg bolts back on with new chrome legs. Who sells nice chrome leg bolts? It's a nice touch and is a nice compliment to new legs. Thanks

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bee-barf:

I hate to put the old leg bolts back on with new chrome legs. Who sells nice chrome leg bolts? It's a nice touch and is a nice compliment to new legs. Thanks

Leg bolts polish up very nicely, use the old ones

#3 4 years ago

if you have money to waste send your old bolts to these guys http://www.pinballplating.com/

#4 4 years ago

Pinball Resource, Marco Specialties, Bay Area Amusements.

#5 4 years ago

Leg bolts are 66 cents each at PBR (add some leg tee nuts, too)... polish the old ones up and live with them until you have a big enough order for PBR.

#6 4 years ago

I tumble them, then a little wire wheel to clean up the threads.
    They usually turn out very nicely.

#7 4 years ago

Follow this method here. Works just the same for leg bolts with great results.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restore-tip-making-wms-coin-door-rivetsscrews-shiny-new

If they are really rusty, soak them over night in Evaporust. Then proceeded with method above.

#8 4 years ago

I've polished bolts to a near mirror shine on a buffing wheel.

#9 4 years ago

Chuck them in a drill. Dip in chrome polish. Spin on a cotton cloth. Come out like new

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I tumble them, then a little wire wheel to clean up the threads.

I run all the bolts through a cutting die to clean up the threads and run a tap through the mounting brackets. Then all the bolts install with just finger pressure. You just need a wrench to snug them up at the end. I've also had good luck with a swipe or two across the threads with an old candle as dry lube.

Sometimes I see folks at shows using impact drivers to install leg bolts and wonder how many times they've cut new threads into the mounting brackets.

/Mark

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

I run all the bolts through a cutting die to clean up the threads and run a tap through the mounting brackets. Then all the bolts install with just finger pressure. You just need a wrench to snug them up at the end. I've also had good luck with a swipe or two across the threads with an old candle as dry lube.
    Sometimes I see folks at shows using impact drivers to install leg bolts and wonder how many times they've cut new threads into the mounting brackets.
    /Mark

As long as you start them by hand you should be ok with a driver.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leg-bolts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.