Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160110_220327_(resized).jpg
20160110_220358_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I've just finished restoring a Dr. Dude and ran into a small issue. I replaced the slingshot switches on each one with new ones, and wired them exactly as they were before. I double checked and no wires are inadvertently touching anything they are not supposed to.

Yet when I hit the left slingshot, the left flasher (Magnetic Personality) fires, and when I hit the right slingshot, the Drop Target flasher on the right fires. This occurs whether they are LED flashers or incandescent. Of note, the flashers fire regardless of whether the coil fires when the slings are triggered so I don't believe it to be coil related.

I've attached pics of the switch wiring. There was already a diode on one of the two sling switches (the one with 3 lugs) for each slingshot and I carried these over from the old ones. I'd be surprised if both went bad and that's the cause. I think these are 1N4001 diodes which I have on hand but not sure if new ones would fix the issue.

Any ideas?

20160110_220358_(resized).jpg20160110_220358_(resized).jpg

20160110_220327_(resized).jpg20160110_220327_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

This is likely a switch matrix issue. Diode shorted/open, diode installed backwards, switch wired incorrectly.

Marc

#3 8 years ago

They are wired correctly, the diodes maybe bad. Do a switch test and see if multiple switches fire at the same time.

#4 8 years ago

Are you sure they aren't supposed to fire? I think that might be part of the game.

#5 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure when the slings fire on mine I get a flasher firing on that side as well.

#6 8 years ago

Well you guys are right. Every gameplay video of Dude has the flashers firing with the slings. I cannot believe I never noticed this. Insane. Problem solved!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
PinSound

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leftright-flashers-fire-when-corresponding-slingshot-hit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.