Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (7) (resized).jpg
unnamed (8) (resized).jpg
unnamed (6) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (5) (resized).jpg
unnamed (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Randy_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

the left lower(larger) flipper on my BOPP will not stay in the up position.
all other flippers are working correctly.

was working correctly when I got it. put new double flipper switch and coil...no help

have schematic of pin but honestly, I'm not very good at understanding them

it came with Rottendog Solenoid driver board and I don't think anything there is the problem...

Thankful for any help, or just a point in the right direction

unnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (1) (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

What is all that white stuff near the coil lugs?</bloc

white caulk...i did not put it there

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it go up and then just go back down, or is it going up and down repeatedly?

once and done...coil is good

#7 3 years ago

just swapped out a different working SDB, no change.

flipper hold circuit still not working

#9 3 years ago

thanks Billc479 for looking...

here's pics.

was careful to rewire the new switch correctly, wondering about the switch because I built it from 2 separate switches that Marco sent me.
I'm looking at possibly a wire issue farther away from the flipper.
wish I knew how to troubleshoot the hold circuit!

I know the plugs are not a good ideal

unnamed (2) (resized).jpgunnamed (2) (resized).jpgunnamed (5) (resized).jpgunnamed (5) (resized).jpgunnamed (6) (resized).jpgunnamed (6) (resized).jpg
#15 3 years ago

Billc479 sorry about the numbers in black marker I put those there when I was re-wiring the new switch( and of course they are opposite the numbers printed on the coil!)

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has responded to my post...I attended my first Pinball expo last year and was totally blown away at how pinball has survived and thrived ( I honestly thought they were just gone for good) I'm 60 and OMG did I play a TON of pinball as a teenager! I'm also amazed at what a totally fantastic community it is now...I can't say that I eat/sleep/pinball, but I've really re-discovered how much I liked it when I was young(and still do!)

with that out of the way, here's what I been trying to do with Powerplay.

1. never mind the #'s in black on the coil...just to keep everything organized when re-wiring
I will post a better pic of the coil

2. I did NOT clean the new contacts...had no ideal I needed to( I will say, seems like on that flipper the spark when energized is not as strong as the other's)

3. swapped out a different (known working) SDB... no luck

4. I did rebuild the switch from two switches---ASW-A10-45(correct I think)and ---ASW-A20-1( MIGHT BE WRONG) so the gaps on those contacts could be completely screwed up(my bad!) will probably order new. the correct switch instead of ASW-A20-1 is ASW-A20-32(per PBresource)

I will post more pics and try a video...thanks again to you all

unnamed (7) (resized).jpgunnamed (7) (resized).jpgunnamed (8) (resized).jpgunnamed (8) (resized).jpg
#16 3 years ago

video link

#17 3 years ago

@zacaj, I believe the brown wires(2) on the above picture are the 43V side of the coil

#19 3 years ago

not seeing anything moving on upper left flipper...i had scotch tape on the lower switch blades to keep it organized( can you tell it's my first flipper rebuild?)

it's above the contacts and removed it when done soldering

#20 3 years ago

have been checking wires...I'll get it figured out...can't be that complicated.( or me that dumb?)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Randy_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leftlower-flipper-not-staying-energized-on-bally-powerplay?tu=Randy_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.